Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,509
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 428
    For once, YourOverwatch actually said something right with respect to the Lucio changes: You're a lot like Reinhardt in that you are very strong over a small area, and have the responsibility of getting the right position with your team to maximize that value. Going off and trying to make insane plays works much like a Reinhardt charge, where it generally isn't worth the risk but can be game-changing at the right time.

The next month is actually going to be very interesting with respect to the meta/balance of Overwatch. Orisa's release and the nerf to Ana's damage will make a lot of other heroes more viable, particularly those who synergize with Winston and Zenyatta. Some Orisa stuff I can't wait to try:
    -Setting up Deadeye with Orisa. Not only can you protect McCree, you can also give him 50% faster charge time with your ult and pull people back to him
    -Soldier/Orisa sounds even better; not only can Soldier heal an Orisa in an emergency, but his ult is pretty good with a damage buff
    -Orisa may be a better tank for Bastion teams than Reinhardt. She can keep people from taking cover against Bastion's damage, shoot at something Bastion can't afford to focus on, and Bastion can use her ult very well in Sentry or Tank forms

Honestly, I never understand why Ana users never try to Nano Boost McCree and do a Deadeye combo with that...

I mean let's look at Frankenstein's Revenge where the bosses had a few thousand HP, with the right setup can basically OHK them within like a few seconds rather than almost not possible.

I mean yeah, Orisa's ultimate will definitely be a gamechanger and she doesn't look half-bad but I never understood why I rarely see people doing it at all.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 335
    PvE results doesn't translate well in PvP.

Deadeye rarely ever kills more than one. There are more better choices to nano to even bother nano mcCree.

• DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,456
    edited March 20
    @5:00 - I've learned that whenever I flank or sneak around people as Symmetra, I can just drop a turret on floor to distract before attacking and killing at least two players before the team realizes it's me and not the turret, because everyone literally ignored me. Also emoted at the end at the wrong time and got killed by a pulse bomb.

"Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,000
    wtf is wrong with Symmetra's hitbox? I can hit direct rockets on speed boosted Lucios, on running Soldiers, on blinking Tracers, on airborne Pharahs and on baby D.vas but god if I miss them on her.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,144
    Salvation is upon us my console brethren
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753657091#post-1
    When patch 1.9 releases tomorrow, Orisa will not initially be available for Competitive Play. We want to give players some time to learn about and play Orisa before she's placed into the crucible of Competitive Play.

She'll still be immediately available in Quick Play, the Arcade (including custom games with the competitive ruleset), and Play vs. AI.

God thank you. Would've been so annoying to ask people to switch off Orisa in every match because they have no idea about how to use the hero.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    Where the fuck is the patch I gotta work tonight and tomorrow it's almost 2PM here
    edited March 21
    PC already got it. Consoles shouldn't be too far behind.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,007
    edited March 21
    recycled animations?

winston reload
    widow mine launch
    pharah rocket launch
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,756
    People on r/Overwatch saying Orisa can potentially phase out Reinhardt lol
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Orisa doesn't have enough health to perform her role or make good use of fortify, especially considering how huge and easy to hit she is.

Zarya can get away with 400 health because 200 of it is shields that regens out of combat on top of her bubble that makes her invincible for 2 seconds/200 damage.

Orisa doesn't regen health, and her fortify doesn't shave off enough damage to make up for her relatively low health as a tank. The shield gets absolutely shredded as well.

Right now it seems like she is absolutely dominated by Widow/Sombra/Bastion/Zarya/Soldier. The very odd spread+speed on her primary fire makes it a bit of a challenge to hit moving targets. More so than other projectile characters.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Pharah also destroys her. Not only she has a giant hitbox you can easily land direct rockets on, but when you're above or behind her she only has fortify and her primary fire to defend herself, and the latter makes her an even easier target because of the movement slowdown. Unless she's hard healed or supported by other DPS she will lose the 1v1 100% of the time.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,206
    Orisa pretty fun . Seems kinda weak though
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
    Sombra seems to make quick work of Orisa. Last night's games were the most I've used her in a while and I scored a lot of cards and offensive assists.

Also it could be just me, but has anyone been taking damage after teleporting? I could be retreating too late by getting greedy, but it's happened a lot. Also, the music doesn't play during the matches and it makes things rather disconcerting.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    That's because of a bug that adds a small delay between pressing the button and actually translocating (part of it is still network lag though). They are still working on it.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trying to get good with Sombra, especially with her buffs. She seems to be the best DPS fit for me. I'm just not sure how to use her ult.
    Green Karin.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Orisa seems to be decent on the last stretch of route 66 if you're on defense...

I hate route 66 attack actually just because of the very last push can be a bitch.
    Green Karin.
    Sombra requires really good team coordination. Like the average group you'll get in QP won't capitalize on her strengths.

I call out EMP and get in position. "You guys ready"?
    "Yeah go"
    I go in and shut them down. No follow-up push or picks.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,501
    evilj wrote: »
    Trying to get good with Sombra, especially with her buffs. She seems to be the best DPS fit for me. I'm just not sure how to use her ult.

Like someone mentioned. It takes team cooridination to get the most out of Sombra. If you are solo queing with folks that don't have mics or just mute team chat. Don't use Sombra. Other wise you'll be rushing in to EMP then just sitting there frustrated as your team continues poking at the choke just letting your EMP go to waste.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Welp, even on defense I change the course of the match by switching to Pharah. My K/D ratio in last 3 matches on her is hilarious.
    What helps though is that people at plat level still have very bad aim and sense of positioning. Last game on Volskaya defense I was diving on their Pharmercy combo, killing the Mercy and going back behind the choke for heals without even getting touched, and they were running double hitscan. If I'm gonna main Pharah the challenge will probably only come at higher levels.

I think that one of the main keys that increases the chances of being successful with her is when you start confronting with hitscan rather than just hiding from them. Diving on a Soldier/Widow/McCree with a conc+boost will give them barely any time to react before you land your 2nd rocket on top of fucking up their aim and will get rid of the issue before they can even start shooting at you.
    If you want an example, see the 2nd part of this match:

They were running Soldier, Widow and Ana, instead of exchanging shots in the open he sneaked from below, jumped on them and eliminated them in the order.

On a side note, I found way more women speaking on voice chat in the US whether in comp or QP. Granted there are just more people in voice chat in general than in EU, but I found more of them in a week than in 8 months here.

Pharah is my main girl, she's absolutely amazing and way too many people seem to think that the enemy team merely having a hitscan or 2 means pharah can't operate, when it just changes the way you should operate as her, sure sometimes they will catch you out on the flanks or ambushes, but most of time on so many maps you can sneak up and above or below the enemy team to get at their back line supports or dps and cripple them before fights really start, sure sometimes you die doing it, but 9/10 times your team will clean up a fight if you kill an important target or 2 in the back-line while making their dps turn around to chase you (thus leaving your other dps free reign to just chip away at their front line)
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,523
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,501
    Anyone ever won a comp game or two that you know damn well you and your team should not have won? I won two those games in a row. Like 2nd game we didn't even have a damn healer, team comp was tripple DPS one main tank ( me ) and a Roadhog and Junk Rat.
    edited March 22
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Anyone ever won a comp game or two that you know damn well you and your team should not have won? I won two those games in a row. Like 2nd game we didn't even have a damn healer, team comp was tripple DPS one main tank ( me ) and a Roadhog and Junk Rat.

oh, all the damn time! sometimes it's just someone on the enemy team got tilted by whatever and starts throwing at the perfect time for your team. the unfortunate thing is how many times it happens on your team and you lose a game you should have won if everyone kept their shit together... but you know as they say "we take those"
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    highlulu wrote: »
    Pharah is my main girl, she's absolutely amazing and way too many people seem to think that the enemy team merely having a hitscan or 2 means pharah can't operate, when it just changes the way you should operate as her, sure sometimes they will catch you out on the flanks or ambushes, but most of time on so many maps you can sneak up and above or below the enemy team to get at their back line supports or dps and cripple them before fights really start, sure sometimes you die doing it, but 9/10 times your team will clean up a fight if you kill an important target or 2 in the back-line while making their dps turn around to chase you (thus leaving your other dps free reign to just chip away at their front line)
    Personally I don't operate differently if there are hitscan or not, I just stay in the back and fire rockets from afar until I analyzed the situation and located healers and dps. After all your rockets have no fall off and no range limitation so you don't really have to engage in midrange with anyone until you decide to go in. Of course if there are no hitscans I'm more free to hover over the enemy team, but I try to always make sure there's some spot to land and hide around me.

I'm starting to pick Pharah in 3v3 too and on top of having fun in this mode for the first time since it was introduced I'm having a tremendous success rate. Seeing people go hitscan to beat you just to get beaten again is an amazing feeling. The whole MU vs hitscans makes the game more challenging and exciting.

Wondering now if the teams will let me go Pharah more often instead of forcing me to go Ana just because nobody else can play her. I'm still frustrated by last night where my team kept getting destroyed by a Tracer and didn't want me to go dps to deal with her even if one of our dps was a trashy 12 yo that kept going Junkrat on an open map against another Pharah.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,579

It's like that when I play with my two friends some times. They don't like it when they are asked to switch characters and get into arguments over it. Our team deteriorates as a result and we still win. A hate it when one of them plays healer because he can't handle being a target and will quickly abandon the role.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 22
    <3 Pharah, so great for Route 66 and Eichenwilde and any payload defense really. Even if you're not racking up eliminations the way you scatter the enemy helps the team. She arguably has the coolest skins too.

Im loving 3v3 mode too esp when you want to unlock those arcade lootboxes. Healer + Warthog + Attack/Diva is pretty OP. Ppl who pick Tor or Symmetra in 3v3 can fuck off though.

I hate route 66 attack actually just because of the very last push can be a bitch.

Ain't it? Next minute there's a Bastion/Rein/Ana or Mercy setup and suddenly everyone just stops pushing. I remember once as Symmetra on attack, I went around and took out about 3-4 before the Mercy flew in out of nowhere and rez'd everyone. Never in my life had I fled so quickly.

Like someone mentioned. It takes team cooridination to get the most out of Sombra. If you are solo queing with folks that don't have mics or just mute team chat. Don't use Sombra. Other wise you'll be rushing in to EMP then just sitting there frustrated as your team continues poking at the choke just letting your EMP go to waste.

Communication definitely goes a long way. EMP'd during overtime in Hollywood while stopping the payload and my friend followed up with Tactical Visor.
    Yeah Pharah is my favorite DPS even if I'm not great with her. Thunderbird skin is love.
    Orisa seems to be decent on the last stretch of route 66 if you're on defense...

That can apply for all payload maps at the last stretch, it basically becomes a weaker version of 2CP once that happens.
    Basically DO NOT WIPE if you are almost at the end or good luck taking out the enemy team.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Victor's propaganda manager Joined: Posts: 6,865
    How 2 win final stretch/point B on any map:
    -Pick Widow
    -Git gud
    -Snipe weak targets as they leave spawn
    Anakaris is still THA GOD, but sometimes gods gotta pay bills.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 335
    Blame me for a match lost. Proceed to trash talk me on next game where he is on the opposite team. After my team won, proceeds to blame his teammates are weak.

Sweetest salt I ever taste.

I learnt the art of Zen of not losing my temper with shit people like these.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Victor's propaganda manager Joined: Posts: 6,865
    Man, I've gotten to the point where I can't play QP anymore. It used to be kinda fun, not having any pressure, but the radio silence and oversaturation of DPS heroes just turns it into an aim training ground at best and an exercise in frustration at worst. Literally the best thing about Orisa's release is that people finally pick a fucking tank lol.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,007
    Man, I've gotten to the point where I can't play QP anymore. It used to be kinda fun, not having any pressure, but the radio silence and oversaturation of DPS heroes just turns it into an aim training ground at best and an exercise in frustration at worst. Literally the best thing about Orisa's release is that people finally pick a fucking tank lol.

that's what i play qp for
    practice
    that's honestly all it really should be for
    it's a casual mode
    if you want less radio silence and no oversaturation of dps then play comp
    The thing is that it's a shitty training ground because the comps are not something you'd encounter from any half decent team. As someone who just hates losing in general I really just can't deal with it.
    >scrims
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet

i completely gave up qp, i can't even stand to play a single game of it to warm up with all the BS going on in it. I feel like the standard qp comp is 4 dps 1 healer 1 tank... and you only get the latter if your lucky lol
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    edited March 23
    Yeah, I think I'll stop trying to warm up in QP too. It just makes me more frustrated and as a result I don't have a clear mind when I go comp.
    Also fuck Blizzard for dropping me down 200 SR each new season, it takes so much fucking time to climb up each time. I wanted to get to diamond this season but right now I don't even know if I'm ever gonna get back to plat because of how random my games are.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    Do you guys think any other heroes will get tweaks on PTR before the Lucio changes drop? Most likely candidates are Junkrat, Hanzo, and Orisa imo, especially Orisa if people keep bitching about not being literally Reinhardt 2.0.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,756
    Sombra is pretty fun now.

OWC with the click-bait vids.

Orisa is slow as fuck. Feels like Rein can run circles around her.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    edited March 23
    Both Junkrat and Orisa have just been changed on PTR. I don't see what Hanzo needs, he's in a good spot right now.
    McCree, Reaper, D.va and maybe Widow require much more urgent fixing.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    Well for starters they can fix/change the bullshit that is Scatter Arrow.
    Scatter is fine. It's unreliable on chokes but if you learn to use it it lets you kill 200 hp characters pretty easily.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All these Reinhardts out here wilding like hes offense and shit wtf happened?

Scatter is fine. It's unreliable on chokes but if you learn to use it it lets you kill 200 hp characters pretty easily.

There is nothing fine about Hanzo being able to instagib anyone with 400 or less HP. He is actively reward for aiming at the floor with that ability. And let's not pretend using it takes any skill. I only use Hanzo in Mystery Heroes and even I can get kills with it.

The entire ability needs a rework or a straight-up replacement, bc right now its only good for its close range instagib power, and is has no use besides that outside of getting lucky kills on critical healtg target who flee into enclosed areas.

Also I'm not convinced that he is even that bad to begin with. His skill ceiling is just really high and the average Hanzo is terrible.
    Vhozon wrote: »

There is nothing fine about Hanzo being able to instagib anyone with 400 or less HP. He is actively reward for aiming at the floor with that ability. And let's not pretend using it takes any skill. I only use Hanzo in Mystery Heroes and even I can get kills with it.

The entire ability needs a rework or a straight-up replacement, bc right now its only good for its close range instagib power, and is has no use besides that outside of getting lucky kills on critical healtg target who flee into enclosed areas.

Also I'm not convinced that he is even that bad to begin with. His skill ceiling is just really high and the average Hanzo is terrible.

nothing is wrong with scatter shot, he needs to hit specific spots on the floor in front of his targets to get the full damage on it assuming you don't accidentally hit a step or something that would mess up where the arrows are going to go. It's still good at medium ranges for the same reasons that it's good at long ranges and it works great to gib people around corners by aiming at the far wall
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    Both Junkrat and Orisa have just been changed on PTR. I don't see what Hanzo needs, he's in a good spot right now.
    McCree, Reaper, D.va and maybe Widow require much more urgent fixing.

As Vhozon stated, his Scatter Arrow needs a revamp or a complete makeover as he is either gibbing even Zarya's with it or stupidly killing heroes aiming at the damn floor. it doesn't help that despite him being more mid-range than Widow, he's somehow more forgiving than she is because he can operate at mid range without any real loss due to how powerful and forgiving his arrows are.

Otherwise, Orisa does need some love because honestly...Pharah should not be able to blow her up so damn easily. I believe she needs 100HP(or Armor) and her Fortify to have more defensive value so that Pharah doesn't have a stupid easy target to kill(because Pharah is pretty much one of the uncontested 3 along with Genji and Tracer in the enemy not even trying to pay attention to them until it's too late).

Reaper honestly just needs his warp to be like Sombra's, far less recovery time and not announce his presence.
    I think Vhozons issue with Hanzo is that he's classified as a sniper, indicating that he is a character who requires high accuracy like Widow. The problem with scatter is that it's the equivalent of giving Widowmaker a shotgun. It requires no accuracy and does a ton of damage, becoming a crutch for people with bad aim and rewarding the opposite of the intended play style.

Hanzo does more damage with Scatter Arrow than landing a headshot in the right circumstances. While yes, headshots don't have a cooldown, you don't need nearly as strong of aim to land a Scatter Arrow. The main thing Blizzard ought to do is make the arrows come out in 360 degrees from the impact (more consistent damage against groups) so it works closer to its intended purpose.

Reaper might get some changes because his actual pickrate in comp is hilariously bad compared to the other offense heroes (I have some theories on that), but McCree, D.Va, and Widow are doing well enough in real play. Junkrat might be left alone for a while as people start to experiment with a close-range playstyle, but if people keep shitting on Orisa Blizzard will do something.