Blizzard Overwatch

1197198200202203228

Comments

  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,703
    Surremies wrote: »
    Current decay system just sucks balls.. I've lost around 400 SR and got dropped from late Master to Diamond.

    I have to remind, it's not just about "Boohoo I lost my points" rant, it's just about that I'm very easily punished about the fact that I might not be interested in playing competitive in first place, nor interested in playing Overwatch at all:

    If you don't have passion to play Overwatch throughout the week = decay
    If you are forced to study for something big for a week = decay
    You are having very little time to play due to work = decay
    You travel to other country for a week = decay
    Your PC is having trouble or the game just crashes = decay
    You got other great games to play with as well = decay

    I'm just saying, I'd LOVE to have system like in CS:GO where your decay starts after being inactive like 1 month. You have enough time to decide whether to play game or not + at the same time, your skill (from mechanical to gamesense) won't be affected at all for reasons I mentioned above.

    Only if Blizzard wasn't cocky..

    Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't the decay system just asking for 7 games a week? That's one game a day which is like on average 10-20 mins, And even faster if it's a steam roll victory ( or defeat ). Like if one can't make time for that. Then it begs the question. do you really have time for videogames? Especially online multiplayer ones?
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 670
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    do you really have time for videogames? Especially online multiplayer ones?
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I do not. For instance lately I've been extremely busy with my studies.

    Punishing players for not playing certain amount of games in a week is terrible design in my opinion..
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,744
    edited May 14
    It is 7 games a week but when you work 35-70 hours a week like I do, sometimes you don't feel like dealing with competitive. It can be too much of a mental drain at the end of a long day. Then there's also the fact that I have other games I want to play. The decay system is very intrusive to a players life the way it currently is. When you have other things that interfere with playing Overwatch, getting on to prevent decay just turns into a chore.

    It's be better if they let you stock up to 14 days instead of 7. And then maybe for people in top 500 the maximum is 7 days.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

    AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,527
    edited May 15
    What is even the benefit of decay?
    Is it only there to make people consistently play their game?
    I don't see any other reason for it
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    Assuming you have time for video games, sometimes you just wanna take a break from Overwatch and play something else instead. The idea that your skill level decays after only a week of not playing the game seems kinda funny to me.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • LordFuckWadLordFuckWad Joined: Posts: 13
    Assuming you have time for video games, sometimes you just wanna take a break from Overwatch and play something else instead. The idea that your skill level decays after only a week of not playing the game seems kinda funny to me.

    I have a ton of time but I never seem to manage it well, idk what I want to play or do sometimes so I end up doing nothing, its quite depressing actually.
    Thats a Spicy Meatball
    Gamertag: Screech Blue

  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,744
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    What is even the benefit of decay?
    Is it only there to make people consistently play their game?
    I don't see any other reason for it

    An artificial way to make sure that people with high ranks keep/earn their ranks I suppose? I've never quite understood it
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

    AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    edited May 15
    Soldier is just easy, not braindead. Sym is truly braindead

    Honestly, he's pretty stupid now and has been since the buff. I play almost the entire cast at some point or another, but I honest to god don't pick Soldier unless I want to laugh at how broken he is (or at the no helmet stuntman costume's 70's porn 'stache) because he takes all the thought out of the game. Symmetra and Mercy require some decent positioning to make up for not having to aim, but Soldier is pretty much idiot proof right now. I win duels I have no right winning, get PotG despite doing nothing remotely impressive, and have helix/heals in the rare case M1ing like a retard doesn't work.

    You might take this as me saying that Soldier is horribly overpowered and needs drastic nerfs, but that's not really the case. I just hate that Soldier is so powerful with so little effort and people complain about non-issue heroes like Symmetra, Bastion (who was still less popular than 76 with the 35% Ironclad), and Roadhog over him.

    Rant over. Here's a joke to laugh at.
    tumblr_inline_of74olk_Ye_L1tq0706_540.png
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,501
    Could be just me but combatively, Symmetra essentially has to pick her battles and requires tactical thinking and momentum to be played offensively. Obviously she can't just run up on anyone, but the battles she genuinely can't pick are ones with Reaper, Mei, Hog, McCree, Ana potentially, Rein and Winston (not even counting Pharah because unless fully charged and if she's in range, you can't even bother to deal with her). Everyone believes you can just left-click/hold R2 and get POTG. Of course, as a support she shouldn't be DPS'ing and flanking, which I find funny since her doing clandestine work is a part of her lore (not that that matters).
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,501
    Assuming you have time for video games, sometimes you just wanna take a break from Overwatch and play something else instead. The idea that your skill level decays after only a week of not playing the game seems kinda funny to me.

    After this Tuesday when I'm done for the semester, I'm going back to finish up RE7 and resume playing The Walking Dead Game: A New Frontier. Those games obviously have a change of pace and with TWDG, I can actually wind down and relax.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    Dramatix wrote: »
    Could be just me but combatively, Symmetra essentially has to pick her battles and requires tactical thinking and momentum to be played offensively. Obviously she can't just run up on anyone, but the battles she genuinely can't pick are ones with Reaper, Mei, Hog, McCree, Ana potentially, Rein and Winston (not even counting Pharah because unless fully charged and if she's in range, you can't even bother to deal with her). Everyone believes you can just left-click/hold R2 and get POTG. Of course, as a support she shouldn't be DPS'ing and flanking, which I find funny since her doing clandestine work is a part of her lore (not that that matters).

    You can M1 (walk straight forward and fire, for the uninitiated) Hog and McCree if you eat their primary CC with the barrier. Pretty much anyone other than Reaper/Mei (at will invincibility) are screwed if you roll up on them with full charge.

    imo, Sym's main weakness in a 1v1 is actually Lucio 2.0. You think I'm joking, but he's even harder to pin down than Pharah and can self-heal. Even if you manage to flank one of Lucio's allies, he can just boop you away and switch to speed, which allows most potential allies to just walk away from you. Pharah is a better actual counter, but Lucio can ruin her day too.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    edited May 15
    No issue pinning down Lucio with Symm.
    Also good Symmetra players will approach their target with a charged energy ball before locking on them with her beam.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,921
    Lucio can Boop her off and kite her on speed or just vertical wall run out of range. Bad Lucios will die or situationally he'll die but Lucio with his Boop and mobility shouldn't have Symm problems. Lucio can also two burst her if he's accurate.
  • AKIAKI It's that time of the year again! Joined: Posts: 849
    edited May 15
    Friend got Overwatch on PS4. Wanted him to get it on PC, but that wasn't an option since his PC is a toaster. I must say right out the gate; the skill level gap is a bit ridiculous. I have WAAAAY to much of an advantage against PS4 players that it's unfair and hilarious.

    Setting the sensitivity on the PS4 to 100 still feels extremely slow to the point that I laugh at the thought of some guy investing into a converter and actually playing the console version with a mouse and keyboard, as well as the people that were complaining about mouse and keyboard players on PS4. But I'm glad there is a limitation because if it was a straight PC port then M&KB would be the only way to play Overwatch on PS4. Limited sensitivity also effects emergency quick turning to get out of damage.

    Aiming assist feels too overpowered in my hands. On PC there's no aiming assist, hitting small hitbox characters can be quite difficult in crucial situations. On PS4.... piece of cake. Combine this with the fact that I'm using the maximum sensitivity and I know everyone else is either on default or made some minor adjustments. During most of my kills as Tracer, at the point which they are about to die, using their character/avatar as a way to determine their POV they always die while searching for my hitbox. Confusion. Also, using Macree and Widowmaker on PS4 is a joke. Especially Macree. I feel like I can make a montage (without Q/Triangle) in a single day.


    Also, what the fuck is this skirmish shit? Can I turn it off?


    Dungeon Fighter Online: 3.24.2015 Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition 6.18.2015

    Silence and Secrecy.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    Are you saying it's easier to use McCree on console than on PC? Because that's just not right.

    Skirmish can be turned off.
  • AKIAKI It's that time of the year again! Joined: Posts: 849
    edited May 15
    My entire port has to do with how easy everything is on PS4, how much lower the overall player skill level is on PS4 and how turning speed has effected the console version. I was also referring to the PS4 version when I said Macree and Widowmaker was a joke.
    Dungeon Fighter Online: 3.24.2015 Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition 6.18.2015

    Silence and Secrecy.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    You also said you could make a McCree montage which suggests godlike play which in turn isn't really possible on PS4 in ways known from PC.

    Still it doesn't really matter in the end as everyone gets dealed the same cards. The only thing that might be problematic is the fact that character movement is the same across platforms while aiming isn't, meaning mobile characters like Tracer, Genji and Pharah are harder to hit on console than on PC.

  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    Movement between PC and console isn't the same at all. People on PC strafe, crouch and jump the entire time in the weirdest possible ways. In all the console footage I saw people were often running in linear patterns, which makes them easier to track.
    I don't think Pharah is hard to aim at either; all her air strafing, dropping or boosting bears insane momentum she can barely control. Conc is really her only quick and unpredictable movement option, but she has limited access to it. This is why good Pharahs will mostly use cover and go in the air only when they know they reasonably can't get killed.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this game is taking over my life.

    I plan to do shit, and then I end up telling me myself, just another half an hour of overwatch, then hours past by.

    I learned how to play DVA recently and man she can be rewarding to play. Had some great games on King's Row defense.

    Tracer is the most fun to play for me right now, even though I'm not the best with her.
    Green Karin.
  • AKIAKI It's that time of the year again! Joined: Posts: 849
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    You also said you could make a McCree montage which suggests godlike play which in turn isn't really possible on PS4 in ways known from PC.
    Judging by the way people play on PS4 I could probably do it in half a day. OceanMachine explained it best.


    Maryokutai wrote: »
    Still it doesn't really matter in the end as everyone gets dealed the same cards. The only thing that might be problematic is the fact that character movement is the same across platforms while aiming isn't, meaning mobile characters like Tracer, Genji and Pharah are harder to hit on console than on PC.

    I mentioned this in my first post about how as a Tracer and how using the highest sensitivity available on the PS4 version gives me a huge advantage against all my targets. And how your typical console-only player can't play on the maximum sensitivity settings available in any console FPS, again, giving me a huge advantage the moment I dash behind or jump over them. I'm not even trying to sound like I'm some God Overwatch player. I'm just giving my personal experience with the PS4 version for three hours with a friend and ending every game with a minimum of 3 golds against players of all ranks. On PC I literally have to try, but on console this just isn't fair for them.
    Dungeon Fighter Online: 3.24.2015 Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition 6.18.2015

    Silence and Secrecy.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,921
    Movement between PC and console isn't the same at all. People on PC strafe, crouch and jump the entire time in the weirdest possible ways. In all the console footage I saw people were often running in linear patterns, which makes them easier to track.
    I don't think Pharah is hard to aim at either; all her air strafing, dropping or boosting bears insane momentum she can barely control. Conc is really her only quick and unpredictable movement option, but she has limited access to it. This is why good Pharahs will mostly use cover and go in the air only when they know they reasonably can't get killed.

    The movement is exactly the same depending on skill level. Most people above scrub tier jump with L1/2 or paddles. People crouch and strafe the same as well.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    I might jump over to PC sometime, when I have a non-potato computer. For now, I just try to make the best of it, even if the lack of precision is a pain in the ass. Pharah is OP on console because sniping sucks.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    The movement is exactly the same depending on skill level. Most people above scrub tier jump with L1/2 or paddles. People crouch and strafe the same as well.

    You can't physically have the same strafing skills when you can strafe with two keys assigned to two different fingers instead of a single joystick on a single finger with work required to go from one side to the other. Aiming and moving on console bear much more momentum than on PC purely because of how the controller works.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,921
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    The movement is exactly the same depending on skill level. Most people above scrub tier jump with L1/2 or paddles. People crouch and strafe the same as well.

    You can't physically have the same strafing skills when you can strafe with two keys assigned to two different fingers instead of a single joystick on a single finger with work required to go from one side to the other. Aiming and moving on console bear much more momentum than on PC purely because of how the controller works.

    Plenty of people play on console with mouse and keyboard and you'd be surprised how quickly and accurately players move thumbsticks. Watch Pro Call of Duty if you need proof of that.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,814
    edited May 15
    Vhozite wrote: »

    "2 female mercy mains fighting"

    pretty sure it's just 2 squekers arguing but still hilarious
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    What is even the benefit of decay?
    Is it only there to make people consistently play their game?
    I don't see any other reason for it

    the benefit is that people aren't just completely stopping once they hit whatever their desired rank for that season?
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 501
    Soldier is just easy, not braindead. Sym is truly braindead

    Honestly, he's pretty stupid now and has been since the buff. I play almost the entire cast at some point or another, but I honest to god don't pick Soldier unless I want to laugh at how broken he is (or at the no helmet stuntman costume's 70's porn 'stache) because he takes all the thought out of the game. Symmetra and Mercy require some decent positioning to make up for not having to aim, but Soldier is pretty much idiot proof right now. I win duels I have no right winning, get PotG despite doing nothing remotely impressive, and have helix/heals in the rare case M1ing like a retard doesn't work.

    You might take this as me saying that Soldier is horribly overpowered and needs drastic nerfs, but that's not really the case. I just hate that Soldier is so powerful with so little effort and people complain about non-issue heroes like Symmetra, Bastion (who was still less popular than 76 with the 35% Ironclad), and Roadhog over him.

    Rant over. Here's a joke to laugh at.
    tumblr_inline_of74olk_Ye_L1tq0706_540.png

    Well good news for you as Soldier is getting a damage nerf of 1 less damage than before...and Pharah remains untouched...

    I honestly find Pharah even worse now than Soldier is at times. After awhile, you end up finding too many maps that work too well for Pharah due to having no damage falloff on her rockets and the fact you have to be on the lookout for her like nothing else due to how also you can't really hear her jetpack unless she's doing her boost.
    So Pharahs that know how to control themselves will in fact NEVER get close enough to the actual action and will simply pelt people with rockets while receiving falloff damage unless you have someone go BEYOND out of their way to deal with her(seriously, Illos in general is Pharah's paradise because she can easily kill while being so far back only Widow can take her out without completely destroying their formation in the process...and you know people will focus on Widow almost immediately if she can do good picks).

    It's honestly gotten so bad that the best Pharah counter...is another Pharah not to counter the enemy Pharah, but to kill the rest of her teammates ASAP to get your team to focus on her afterwards.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    Ilios Ruins is actually one of the worst Pharah maps. Almost no cover at all = a clear line of sight for hitscans, which also means Widows own it.
    And a Pharah that stays far back and just shoots rockets randomly at a choke is useless unless you have someone to clean up. She will also just give the enemy her position so it will be harder for her to move or escape.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    edited May 15
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    The movement is exactly the same depending on skill level. Most people above scrub tier jump with L1/2 or paddles. People crouch and strafe the same as well.

    You can't physically have the same strafing skills when you can strafe with two keys assigned to two different fingers instead of a single joystick on a single finger with work required to go from one side to the other. Aiming and moving on console bear much more momentum than on PC purely because of how the controller works.

    As a fighting game player you should know that this simply isn't true. If you've seen the movement of Pro Smash players with a stick you're going to laugh at the assumption that strafing left and right in an FPS isn't going to work as well with a thumbstick. Yeah, there is a physical difference between both inputs but it's hardly big enough to consider the movement on one platform different than on the other simply because most players don't use it that was.

    Also, analogue controls might be an advantage too. Someone running around might not necessarily do it with the same amount of speed all the time.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    edited May 15
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    The movement is exactly the same depending on skill level. Most people above scrub tier jump with L1/2 or paddles. People crouch and strafe the same as well.

    You can't physically have the same strafing skills when you can strafe with two keys assigned to two different fingers instead of a single joystick on a single finger with work required to go from one side to the other. Aiming and moving on console bear much more momentum than on PC purely because of how the controller works.

    As a fighting game player you should know that this simply isn't true. If you've seen the movement of Pro Smash players with a stick you're going to laugh at the assumption that strafing left and right in an FPS isn't going to work as well with a thumbstick.
    That's also the reason why Smash pro players quit the scene with horrible muscle injuries and pro pad players in other fighting games tend to use dpad over thumbstick.
    You really can't argue with the fact that the amount of work required to move with the thumb on an analog stick is way superior to the one you need to move with three different fingers on keyboard. It's pure physics.
    Then again, anyone might become a master with any controller if he trains enough. You might even become a god at OW by playing with a dance pad and maracas. That doesn't change that the average player population will master more easily more ergonomical controls than controls that require more effort, and it clearly shows when you watch footage from both sides.
    I mean even Blizzard acknowledges that crossplay for this game is impossible because it would give an advantage to PC players. The comparison between FPS and fighting games cannot hold.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    Ilios Ruins is actually one of the worst Pharah maps. Almost no cover at all = a clear line of sight for hitscans, which also means Widows own it.
    And a Pharah that stays far back and just shoots rockets randomly at a choke is useless unless you have someone to clean up. She will also just give the enemy her position so it will be harder for her to move or escape.

    Can't you use the pillars around the point? Anyway, I never much liked Pharah on Oasis Gardens because everyone generally plays in tight clusters on the point.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    The advantage comes from superior aiming with a mouse compared to a thumbstick, not because of the movement possibilities. Of course it's true that tapping a button is quicker than moving a stick, but we're not only bound by physics but also by whatever the game can even recognise as an input. With a 60fps lock on consoles you technically just need to move the stick from one direction to the other over the timespan of a frame which isn't really sorcery.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    edited May 15
    Ilios Ruins is actually one of the worst Pharah maps. Almost no cover at all = a clear line of sight for hitscans, which also means Widows own it.
    And a Pharah that stays far back and just shoots rockets randomly at a choke is useless unless you have someone to clean up. She will also just give the enemy her position so it will be harder for her to move or escape.

    Can't you use the pillars around the point? Anyway, I never much liked Pharah on Oasis Gardens because everyone generally plays in tight clusters on the point.

    They only offer inconsistent cover and if you want to find your way to one of the many Widow spots you'll have to enter their LoS. You might try to hover below the pit on the coast line assuming nobody spots you before you get to the other side.
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    The advantage comes from superior aiming with a mouse compared to a thumbstick, not because of the movement possibilities. Of course it's true that tapping a button is quicker than moving a stick, but we're not only bound by physics but also by whatever the game can even recognise as an input. With a 60fps lock on consoles you technically just need to move the stick from one direction to the other over the timespan of a frame which isn't really sorcery.

    I wasn't arguing it's particularly hard, only that it's harder to strafe quickly when your controller can only accept one opposite direction at the time while on PC you can simultaneously press left or right if you want.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,527
    highlulu wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »

    "2 female mercy mains fighting"

    pretty sure it's just 2 squekers arguing but still hilarious
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    What is even the benefit of decay?
    Is it only there to make people consistently play their game?
    I don't see any other reason for it

    the benefit is that people aren't just completely stopping once they hit whatever their desired rank for that season?

    But who cares if they stop?
    How does that affect the community or game if someone stops at their desired rank?
    We do know that it does affect negatively on people who do like to play the game and want rank up but cant meet blizzards "requirements"
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,814
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    highlulu wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »

    "2 female mercy mains fighting"

    pretty sure it's just 2 squekers arguing but still hilarious
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    What is even the benefit of decay?
    Is it only there to make people consistently play their game?
    I don't see any other reason for it

    the benefit is that people aren't just completely stopping once they hit whatever their desired rank for that season?

    But who cares if they stop?
    How does that affect the community or game if someone stops at their desired rank?
    We do know that it does affect negatively on people who do like to play the game and want rank up but cant meet blizzards "requirements"

    don't ask me to rationalize blizzards madness, i was just trying my best
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,744
    edited May 16
    AKI wrote: »
    My entire port has to do with how easy everything is on PS4, how much lower the overall player skill level is on PS4 and how turning speed has effected the console version. I was also referring to the PS4 version when I said Macree and Widowmaker was a joke.

    If you just transferred over to PS4, it's because your ELO is still low as fuck. You're fighting silvers and shit right now.

    When I made my first alt account I played assault Torbjorn my first game on Hollywood then got 4 golds and play of the game.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

    AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    My PS4 controller has been acting up the past few days and it's make OW borderline unplayable. Aim adjustments become 90 degree turns, inputs can be dropped for almost a second sometimes, and some just flat out don't register. I ordered a new one earlier, but FUCK if this isn't the most frustrating thing.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    17992275_10155285103661310_8107336481828351728_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=d2667d977a72c923460cd3b7bea6ae03&oe=59BC9BC5
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,921
    AKI wrote: »
    My entire port has to do with how easy everything is on PS4, how much lower the overall player skill level is on PS4 and how turning speed has effected the console version. I was also referring to the PS4 version when I said Macree and Widowmaker was a joke.

    If you just transferred over to PS4, it's because your ELO is still low as fuck. You're fighting silvers and shit right now.

    When I made my first alt account I played assault Torbjorn my first game on Hollywood then got 4 golds and play of the game.

    Pretty much. I often play against GMs on PS4 and they all use scuf controllers or mouse and keyboards. I use a standard PS4 controller with Kontrol Freeks. They're all insanely accurate and turn on a dime. So do I but I don't play highly precise characters as a tank main.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    edited May 17
    The more I play Quake the more I wish there was strafe jumping in OW. Damn. Makes the game so fast and adds layers of skill to movement.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • AKIAKI It's that time of the year again! Joined: Posts: 849
    AKI wrote: »
    My entire port has to do with how easy everything is on PS4, how much lower the overall player skill level is on PS4 and how turning speed has effected the console version. I was also referring to the PS4 version when I said Macree and Widowmaker was a joke.

    If you just transferred over to PS4, it's because your ELO is still low as fuck. You're fighting silvers and shit right now.

    When I made my first alt account I played assault Torbjorn my first game on Hollywood then got 4 golds and play of the game.

    At what ranking does the meta (and awareness) become a thing on PS4? It's been pretty absence so far.
    Dungeon Fighter Online: 3.24.2015 Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition 6.18.2015

    Silence and Secrecy.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    Anyone still missing the D.Va skin? Because I'm going to grind the hell out of HotS over the weekend and I need a partner for that. Preferably Europe, but I'm not picky.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    edited May 17
    @Maryokutai I just finished week 4 quest but I can help you for a couple games.

    P.S. D.va is even more cancer in HotS than in OW.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    edited May 17
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 670
    The more I play Quake the more I wish there was strafe jumping in OW. Damn. Makes the game so fast and adds layers of skill to movement.
    It would be neat, though I'd also love to have rocket-jump in as well.

    It would though be easy to see how Battle.net crowd would flip their shit over. Visiting that forum is pure cancer in terms of OW balancing.
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
  • VhoziteVhozite Egyptian Goddess Main Joined: Posts: 2,748
    I really don't like having another event so soon after Uprising.

    Do we know who's getting skins?
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,744
    edited May 18
    AKI wrote: »
    AKI wrote: »
    My entire port has to do with how easy everything is on PS4, how much lower the overall player skill level is on PS4 and how turning speed has effected the console version. I was also referring to the PS4 version when I said Macree and Widowmaker was a joke.

    If you just transferred over to PS4, it's because your ELO is still low as fuck. You're fighting silvers and shit right now.

    When I made my first alt account I played assault Torbjorn my first game on Hollywood then got 4 golds and play of the game.

    At what ranking does the meta (and awareness) become a thing on PS4? It's been pretty absence so far.

    You start encountering decent opponents somewhere around platinum. People are okay with how team comp works and you'll find people with passable aim. In diamond people's aim gets more reliable as well as there team sense. Everything just gets better from there.

    Edit: at least on US servers anyway. Never played on European or Asian servers on PS4
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

    AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,017
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I really don't like having another event so soon after Uprising.

    Do we know who's getting skins?

    Reaper is getting a skin for sure and also the shrugs spray. New Hanzo, Symmetra and Zarya legendary skins are also confirmed. I'd like Pharah to have a new legendary too since she only got reskins in last events.
    Sombra and Orisa will be getting the sitting and laughing emotes.

    Here's the list of the number of cosmetics each hero will be getting:
    http://i.imgur.com/CuGLLyA.png
    4 for each hero are probably 2 sprays + 2 voicelines. I hope one of the two missing cosmetics for Pharah is a legendary skins since she only got reskins in all of last year's events.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • VhoziteVhozite Egyptian Goddess Main Joined: Posts: 2,748
    Sombra sit emote you say?
    black-kid-oh-snap.gif

    Nigga we made ittt
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    Force said that he had a QA with Kaplan at an anniversary event in New York. Not only are we getting Sombra's sit/laugh emotes, we also get them for Orisa, a shrug emote for Reaper, and a new Tracer emote since she had fewer non-event emotes than everyone else.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,921
    Just beat a bunch of GMs on Oasis using D.va. Rest of my guys played solid but getting 64 elims to 15 deaths against good competition makes me feel she's still super strong.