• OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,925
    edited May 18
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,453
    Good news: I made it into Gold (1996 SR)

Bad news: None really, but it was stressful going up and down in SR playing when the Pharah wouldn't switch after consistently getting dropped by the Widow, the Soldier failing to flank and take out the shield generator on Attack Volskaya after the second point (for some reason they wanted to stay as Symmetra but I switched to Sombra and took out the generator myself since the Soldier kept griping about getting rekt), and no one really capitalized on the EMP's. I even told the Pharah to switch and the Soldier to not even bother with trying to find the generator and that I'll do it myself. Hopefully I won't drop back down to Silver, but it was weird having the other players want me to go Attack Sym when most people would've been like, "Fuck that". Another kept tilting about a Mei constantly taking him out, but overall we kept tilting and it was kinda hard trying to get everyone to STFU, regroup, and actually act as a unit.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."

I expected them to have better dance skills given their ethnic backgrounds.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,125
    Hoping Widow's dance is some sort of twerk or booty shake.
    edited May 19
    Dramatix wrote: »
    I expected them to have better dance skills given their ethnic backgrounds.
    This game is still made by white people.

https://www.facebook.com/OverwatchZHTW/videos/1422285414501770/
    Bastion, Pharah, Soldier and Zarya's new legendaries preview.
    I... uh... need a moment to form an opinion about that.
    Zarya's legendary is GARBAGE
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,478
    I honestly don't like any of them
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Victor's propaganda manager Joined: Posts: 6,837
    wtf is that Pharah costume
    Anakaris is still THA GOD, but sometimes gods gotta pay bills.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,525
    All those costumes are crap.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 754
    To quote Deadpool:

Anime Power Up time!
    Sitting in Master, probably let it decay until the end of the season. Going to get Golden D.va guns this time, already have Winston and Rein after not even doing my placements last season.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,493
    Zarya and Bastion skins are sick
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Holy shit Pharah's costume is so ass. All of them were pretty mediocre outside of Soldier imo. Looking at them it seems like they have no idea what to do with these characters.
    edited May 19
    I'm not really feeling the new skins, especially with Zarya looking like a Titan Pink Power Ranger.

There was a concept art for the new upcoming Symmetra skin. I actually love it.
    CDUqprb.jpg
    Sure that's not just fanart?
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,484
    I have commited a horrible sin. I just rage quit on a comp match. So ashamed.....But tell me what ya would do in this situation?

It's King Of The Hill. Selecting teams and I go with good ol Zarya but then swap to Rein when i see we don't have any other tanks. Someone immediately starts bitching about how they have to be stuck on healer. And how we are gonna hold this L if he has to play healer. So trying to do what's best for the team. I tell him I'll go healer if he plays a Tank. He says sure. He goes with Zarya as the only fucking Tank.....while I go Mercy.

Match begins and everyone splits up into different routes. I'm left alone and A reaper gets me from behind right away. Then on top of this we have an enemy Pharah raining on us and I check the team comp. Only long range hit scan we have is fucking Hanzo that ain't hitting shit. I tell the team we need an answer for that Pharah. No one makes the needed swaps. I continue to get wrecked by reaper. Folks spam I need healing even though they wont fucking protect me. And we get shut out on the first round.

Round 2. I tell the team. "Look we have no main tank to block damage, no answer to the enemy Pharah and ya keep leaving me unprotected. We gotta make changes or this situation is fucked". Some actually listen. One dude goes Reinhardt. But the dude that went Zarya now sees this as his chance to be the superstar DPS and goes Reaper. But we get a second healer in Lucio. And a hit scan with the Hanzo going Soldier. But then another guy picks up the Hanzo. So we got 2 healers, 1 tank and basically 3 dps.

Match starts. And enemy Pharah immediately dives on us because clearly he doesn't respect us and rightfully so he had no reason to from that first round. And he targets me. I call for help. No one turns around to shield me and I die. But the Pharah is taken down though. Rein hard goes for a Pin. No one was there to back him up because everyone again went on their own missions. And Rein quickly died. And we get overwhelmed and immediately lose the point. We try again, and the Soldier is actually getting rekt by the Pharah. We can't do shit Pharah is just raining on us. Friendly Reaper decided it's a good idea to try to 1v1 the Pharah and gets killed. I tell him

"Bruh Reaper can't challenge Pharah"

he angrily responds "STFU at least I'm trying to do something about her. Our bum ass Soldier is worthless"

I respond "Then switch to Mcree if you are gonna go after the Pharah"

He responds " You fucking do that then. I don't play Mcree. Stop telling peopel what to do and do it yourself fuck outta here. No one asked you to be leader"

At that point I assessed the situation. And it was clear we had no chance in this game and no amount of healing was gonna do shit. I could've went Zarya. But there's no carrying this. This is a waste of time. So I just quit.
    You probably lost more SR than if you just stood in the game.

P.S. Hanzo is neither hitscan nor really long range
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,484

I know I lost more SR but I just don't have the patients to sit through three rounds of that.
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    Sure that's not just fanart?
    Most likely it is.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

I know I lost more SR but I just don't have the patients to sit through three rounds of that.

That's exactly why I need to take a break myself. High key, the D.Va/Mercy player I play with isn't that good. She doesn't even wait to coordinate her self-destruct with ults nor try to be crafty when launching it from different positions, and as Mercy, she's still bent on the 3-2-1 (Tank-healer-dps) formation. I even told her that setup is good for stalling and nothing more. Adding to that, Tanks can't utilize damage boost. Hell, these games even forced me to use Zen.

I know it's just a game but am I being too harsh on people?
    The D.va/Mercy thing reminded me about the new post by Omnic Meta about one tricks. Here are the most popular OTP heroes by rank on PC:

ranks.png

Unsurprisingly, low skill floor, high utility heroes like Mercy, Lucio, Rein and Soldier are high placed at any rank. The 1st place monopoly by Mercy is even less surprising for reasons that have been brought up by a couple streamers recently: the skills required by playing Mercy don't transfer to any other heroes in the game, so people who start maining Mercy end up getting stuck in that hero more often than people who main other heroes. Adding to that, there seems to be a massive preference by the female players for Mercy, whether if wanted or not.
    I didn't expect though to see Pharah OTPs getting more frequent in higher ranks. My guess is that once you manage to go over the obstacle represented by hitscans there's nothing to stop you anymore and you can therefore rank up much easier.

And finally, the article reminds that despite the memes about Genji/Hanzo mains or 4 DPS teams the vast majority of people end up maining or one-tricking support/tank.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Victor's propaganda manager Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Yeah, but keep in mind the number of characters competing for the role. For the average 2/2/2 comp, you pick 2 each out of the 11 DPS (Offense/Defense minus Sombra and Torb), 6 tanks, and 4 healers. That gives the healers a massive baseline advantage (All healers in all ranks except GM Zenyatta) and the tanks a reasonable one (namely the staple Reinhardt). I'd be more off-put by Soldier/Pharah being in the top 10 at all ranks than anything related to other roles.
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 504
    Unsurprisingly, low skill floor, high utility heroes like Mercy, Lucio, Rein and Soldier are high placed at any rank. The 1st place monopoly by Mercy is even less surprising for reasons that have been brought up by a couple streamers recently: the skills required by playing Mercy don't transfer to any other heroes in the game, so people who start maining Mercy end up getting stuck in that hero more often than people who main other heroes. Adding to that, there seems to be a massive preference by the female players for Mercy, whether if wanted or not.
    I didn't expect though to see Pharah OTPs getting more frequent in higher ranks. My guess is that once you manage to go over the obstacle represented by hitscans there's nothing to stop you anymore and you can therefore rank up much easier.
    Good summary.

I'd also add that Hog's popularity is partly based on the fact he's kind of safe-pick against possible retards in a team. You can contribute for the team especially in lower ranks by getting good picks and also being less reliant on healers, especially if there's only one available.

And I said partly since Hog is good pick in party game as well, yet he's also pretty easy to focus down.

Also to add; I'd love to see permanent PvE in Arcade in order to gain loot-boxes. While for instance Mystery Heroes is mostly not that bad, RNG sometimes just robs your win. In PvE environment, there's much more relaxed and co-operative atmosphere.
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    was playing on my low level account.

Hollywood attack,
    Our solo healer suggests 2 healers and 1 tank instead of 2 tanks one healer. So I switched, then he switches off his healer to roadhog...I'm like wtf. So I went back to Dva.

Somehow we captured point 1 after the roadhog went back to Mercy. The enemy team opponent had soldier pharah mercy dva in part 2...pretty much a lot of air and space control.

We had me and Dva, genji, tracer, junkrat, reaper as our DPS, and mercy.

I'm thinking, how are we gotta beat Soldier and Pharah in an open map with 4 close range DPS?

I suggest someone help me counter pharah so the mercy went to Pharah to match theirs, but unfortunately that left us with no healer, so I eventually went to mercy for the sake of the team to keep our pharah alive and we got the last checkpoint.

Eventually in the last area we get wrecked, I did a 3 man RES when everyone still had their ultimates, but it wasn't enough. After the game I mentioned that 4 close range DPS ain't gonna win.

One of the guys proceeds to ask me how much healing I did as if I'm at fault...they wouldn't even be getting healed at all if I didn't switch.
    Green Karin.
    Side note: I wanna know where these Bastion players are coming from, because it's been very upsetting losing to them being carried by a Bastion on the second point of Volskaya who did nothing but chill on the rotating platform.

Surprisingly I've been doing better with Soldier and I want to use Pharah more in ranked (nothing really stopping me), but it can be a bit iffy using her when you have Soldier, Genji, and D.Va on the enemy for example. One match our Roadhog did absolutely NOTHING about the D.Va on the first point of Hanamura, forcing me to deal with her AND the Reindhart I tried to force out of the choke. I will commend the D.Va for being diligent though, so now against D.Va I just aim behind her so that her DM won't negate my rockets.

Another thing about our Mercy is that I don't think she can even keep herself alive. I'm guilty of this too and as Mercy, you're extremely dependent on your team, but overall as a healer she makes remarks about not being able to get to people in time or keeping our tanks up. Shit happens, but it's like she's not being diligent enough.

I will admit that I've become the lone wolf player (Sym, Sombra, Tracer, Soldier, Pharah, D.Va, Winston) trying to disrupt enemy lines and it's half-effective, but it's mainly me taking it upon myself to destroy a teleporter/generator or pick off healers because no one else really does it. Hell, one of our tanks kept getting rekt by a "Battle Ana".
    edited May 20
    I've started playing a bit of Scatter Arrow Hanzo in Quick Play lately. This guy is going to be a fucking nightmare after the buffs hit. A lot of times I was playing him, I fell just short because of the charge time on his bow (which is being buffed) and losing charge after a wall climb (which is also buffed). Some major things I learned:
    • Scatter Arrow is fucking retarded. Don't spend time trying to land headshots slightly more often, just don't waste your Scatter Arrow and you'll be fine. This ability can shit on most of the cast if used well, with even less counterplay than a Roadhog hook.
    • Recon Arrow, much like Widow's ult, mostly benefits Hanzo because he relies so much on prediction. That said, if Recon lets your team get an extra kill or two from their ults thanks to seeing behind the wall, you've contributed. Junkrat in particular can use it as a sort of tracking system for Rip Tire.
    • Dragonstrike is fucking garbage without a Zarya on your team lol. Maybe a good Reinhardt could Earthshatter several people for you, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are actually queuing with each other because you need to call your ults in advance to do this.
    • Don't fret if you aren't good with headshots. 2 full body shots will kill a 200HP hero and leave a 250HP hero weak enough to melee kill.
    • Hanzo absolutely destroys low-mobility DPS heroes. Even a bad Hanzo should be able to Scatter Arrow you on a whim.
    • Hanzo can win the sniper duel with Widow under certain circumstances. If Widow does not have ult, you can just Recon Arrow and force her to move, since she cannot win that fight if you can see her and she can't. Arrows are harder to aim over long distances than a sniper rifle, but if Widow moves out of your infrasight you should have an advantage while she focuses back in on you.
    • Scatter Arrow will put the fear of god into tanks. Even if you don't kill them outright, you often have such an advantage that you can just go in after landing it. The low mobility and giant headboxes more than offset the extra health for Hanzo, because of his headshot multiplier.
    • Hanzo can be played as a flanker on specific maps. Namely, Dorado A (climb over the wall by a mega health pack if enemies hold at the choke) and Hanamura (wall climb can get you anywhere that matters).
    • Zarya is by far his best synergy. Beyond that, I see some quirks to Hanzo/Orisa and Hanzo/Reinhardt that allow him to shine. His damage comes in telegraphed bursts and on single targets, so both Mercy and Zenyatta's damage boosts are huge boons for breaking that 150 damage threshold on body shots. Also, you break 300 damage on a headshot, which makes tanks go down faster.
    I play with GMs and Masters. I'm in Master. We usually run Rein/Zarya/Lucio/Mercy/Pharah/Soldier. Sometimes we'll drop Pharah and Zarya for Hog and McCree.

Some points we'll defend with double builder, Hog, Rein, Mercy and Soldier.
    The biggest issue with Hanzo is that he's inconsistent. Even the best Hanzo players in the world miss shots and that makes him unreliable for critical team fights. It's very easy to counter him and just dive him over and over as well​. He's not really viable, if you're good with him he's more of a gimmick that gets exposed like a good Bastion or Junkrat against top tier competition.
    I think Hanzo's main issue is that he's outclassed at any range by other heroes: at long range Widow has a massive advantage over him even without wall hacks and at close and mid range McCree is simply more reliable and effective because of the flashbang and the fact he doesn't need to charge his shots. Yes, scatter is strong, but it's RNG based and if you do it at the wrong angle you lost your main defensive tool for 10 seconds.
    Hanzo is overall pretty good against Hog and D.va because of their big critbox, but other than that, his mobility and sonic there's no specific reason to pick him over other heroes, and he's countered pretty easily as well. You need to be a Hanzo master just to be able to stand against an average Pharah, Tracer, Genji or Winston.

I think the reason why Hanzo mains tend to be arrogant is that it's so hard to hit shots consistently that the moment you land that headshot you feel like a god.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    @OceanMachine How long does it take approximately to finish the 10 games necessary for the D-Va skin in HotS? I was/am away most of today so I only have time tomorrow afternoon.
    5-10 minutes for the vs AI games and 15-20 minutes for the PvP games, so I guess 2-4 hours total.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    Well, so much for HotS. Won't run on my Mac for some reason and I really can't bring myself to download it again on my Windows partition. Maybe they'll give people like me a second chance like they did with the Genji skin.
    They said they will add Genji and D.va skins to regular lootboxes in the future anyway.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    They did? Well that's good to hear. Thanks anyway for offering to help but I guess I'll continue avoiding MOBAs for the future then.
    Personally my favorite use for dragon strike is to completely clear the payload. As long as place it correctly, the entire team will either run or die, unless Zen pops Transcendence. It's really great in overtime because it can make contesting a nightmare.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    HoTS skins are getting added to lootboxes mostly because of console players who lack PCs. They'll be completely RNG so you'll get them with dumb luck no chance to buy with coins.
    Shit better than nothing though. At least I don't have to play a different game.
    edited May 22
    I've been meaning to ask this: has anyone ever find themselves switching between heroes during a match trying to counter 2-4 characters on the enemy team because your teammates don't know how to switch and counter?
    Post edited by Dramatix on
    I only switch if I'm shut down and nobody helps me against what's countering me.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    Dramatix wrote: »
    I've been meaning to ask this: has anyone ever themselves switching between heroes during a match trying to counter 2-4 characters on the enemy team because your teammates don't know how to switch and counter?

Depends a lot on your role. Obviously the solo tank/healer should not switch to counter an enemy hero unless you can do so within your role. Even among DPS heroes, switching off of a hero you're doing (relatively) well on to counter the enemy could leave your team at a disadvantage, such as having a good Genji/Tracer go hitscan to deal with Pharah instead of a mediocre DPS who can play hitscan on the same level. And, of course, map/ult economy plays a huge role. If you're almost to Dragonblade with Genji and Ana has a Nanoboost waiting, you might as well go for that Nanoblade and possibly take the objective with raw force.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 2,995
    edited May 22
    The new soldier and zarya skin looks good
    finally they get some good skins
    took them forever

i actually like zarya skin
    xD
    No you don't, stop it
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,564
    Allright, I want Jeff as character now :
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Decapre, Juni, Juli
    King of Fighters: Leona, Athena, Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    Tekken: Jun,Yoshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mercy

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • NeesaNeesa Well, shit. Joined: Posts: 7,062
    Got a a bit better video card -- Here's hoping I can stream once more so I can rage all over again.

https://gfycat.com/BarrenBruisedIslandwhistler

https://gfycat.com/SomeDisguisedIrrawaddydolphin

Bless.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
    Damn the dance emotes are hilarious lmao
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    Is it online already? I just saw the new D.Va skin. Sweet Jesus, she really gets the best stuff.
    Yes, it went live an hour ago.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
    I think I might be in the​minority on this one but I dig new Lucio. Anyone else watch The Get Down?
    I like the new Lucio too. I want to get the skin just the play the jazz songs.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet