Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,815
    I know, I went Rein to help him and he was doing work. It's more the fact both of them had few hours on those heroes and they were deliberately making weird picks.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,898
    Fuck....so close. Made it to 2350 and then went on a bad luck streak. Couple of leavers and then 0 communication teams :(
    I guess I should be content with how much I've climbed this season though it's already been like 900 points or so....but PLAT.
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 628
    Damn, i havent evn gotten out of T-mode.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL

Yeah it's Kotaku, but the article hits pretty much the spot. Wasting 2 hours each season to play placements only to lose 200-300 SR at the end doesn't really make you want to play comp.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,786

Yeah it's Kotaku, but the article hits pretty much the spot. Wasting 2 hours each season to play placements only to lose 200-300 SR at the end doesn't really make you want to play comp.

i actually used to play OW with the senior editor of the website, she was pretty good tbh and i think her OW coverage has been solid. (not this author though)

this acticle isn't wrong in the least
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 11
    Usually I say it is Kotaku but I agree with that article. OW is only fun with groups in quick match. OW biggest issue will always be it is a group game meant for team play that incentivises playing solo.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,051 mod
    My only real gripe with the game is that it will eventually (YEARS DOWN THE ROAD) won't be 2/3 DPS and we'll have more tanks and support heroes. Please.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,787
    Don't front on Attack Bastion he's basically Soldier 76 who can heal whenever he wants in Recon mode.

He's fine for damage but completely lacks the mobility of Soldier. Soldier's sprint isn't just for getting back to the fight quicker, it let's him stay in his optimal engagement range.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,669
    Attack bastion is seldom an optimal thing. With Sombra being a fairly popular pick right now, the D.VA/Zen counter being figured out during the Bastion uprising, and trip DPS getting more popular, Bastion can have an extremely hard time on offense.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    A lot of teams now are running stuff like Tracer/Genji AND Sombra on offence with Sombra almost being like a second support. Zarya, Orissa and Mercy if you're being super trendy round it out but a lot of people play Rein still​.
    Despite its current issues, I think comp is still WAY more fun than QP, at least when you soloQ. Like there's no comparison. In comp many people actually try and you will often end up with something that looks like a balanced comp, while in QP everyone does the fuck they want because "it's just QP". I think there's something challenging and fun in being able to synergize with 5 people you never met before and elaborating strategies with them.
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    A lot of teams now are running stuff like Tracer/Genji AND Sombra on offence with Sombra almost being like a second support. Zarya, Orissa and Mercy if you're being super trendy round it out but a lot of people play Rein still​.

The fun thing is that the enemy team had a Sombra (on Anubis defense, which is like her best map) but she couldn't hack the Bastion because I was peeling for him. Also the enemy team made me a birthday gift by having no barriers whatsoever and giving me free shatters.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    edited July 11
    It's kind of interesting how big the skill gaps are between ranks in this game. Some friend tried to set up a 4 Masters vs 6 golds game yesterday but we didn't have enough people. So it ended up being 2GM's+1 master vs silver, 2 golds, platinum, and a diamond.

Played a serious game on Eichenwalde. As Genji, Orisa, and Ana we pushed payload almost to 3rd point in a 3v5. On defense we full held 1st cap point with no ticks as just Bastion, Sym, and Torb. No healers or tanks. The 5 stack also didn't get any post game cards either.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,898
    Yea, agree with the article.
    Nobody likes losing but I'm ok when we lose because we got outplayed. Losing because after going 2-2 on KoTH your junkrat decided to throw on the 3rd game setting a turret on the spawn point is not fun. Some days I play a single game that makes me go "I can't do this shit tonight".
    Its very hit and miss.
    Yea, agree with the article.
    Nobody likes losing but I'm ok when we lose because we got outplayed. Losing because after going 2-2 on KoTH your junkrat decided to throw on the 3rd game setting a turret on the spawn point is not fun. Some days I play a single game that makes me go "I can't do this shit tonight".
    Its very hit and miss.

well obviously that dude was already throwing if he was playing junkrat the whole game lol
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    Not necessarily. Some people main off meta heroes. Yum-stale-bread is the best Junkrat on PS4. When he's on a team people usually won't complain about having trash mouse

• p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 628
    Damn, this game can be some bs.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,379
    So tired of people who check profiles to see who you "main"

There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    Junkrat is for people who can't aim and have down syndrome
    CRYING
    edited July 12
    Jack_Frost wrote: »

People that treat Overbuff like gospel are worse as it doesn't account for the level of competition you play. Really there are a lot of problems with the way people view stats. KD will be much lower if you have a heap of hours on Mercy for example
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,726
    Yeah, and that doesn't matter so much even either. It's like look, I'd rather have somebody with a worse K/D ratio if I know they're more of a team player and that half of their deaths were soaking up bullets so their teammates could move the payload, than some guy who only goes for Play of the Game every time and doesn't care about anything else.
    edited July 12
    Not necessarily. Some people main off meta heroes. Yum-stale-bread is the best Junkrat on PS4. When he's on a team people usually won't complain about having trash mouse

you took my statement a tad too literally
    Jack_Frost wrote: »

why? it makes team-building a lot easier. If i see someone primarily plays tanks i'm going to let him take those roles rather than asking him to pick up a dps on the team or something. Building around what people are comfortable playing takes you a long way in comp

K/D ratios in this game are pretty useless because it can't take into account who your killing. I'll take a 1 to 1 trade any day if my team has spawn advantage or if i'm killing their mercy etc.
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    Anyone want to get some quick play in tonight?
    CRYING
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,670
    Doomfist cosmetics are out on PTR. He got a "KO" and a "combo breaker" voiceline.
    His skins
    Love the Cheetah one.

edit: OH MY GOD THIS SPRAY

Q1fZtsR.png

I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD

yo' BLIZZARD!!! =)

Tekken 7: Dragnov, Kazyua
    Injustice: Black Adam, Darkseid, Batman
    SFV: Laura
  • VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Damn those are all good changes.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,640
    On top of DF stuff there are also new hero changes: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757587228

In short:
    - McCree's flashbang now stops air momentum (FINALLY)
    - Reaper's shadow step makes much less noise (FINALLY)
    - Rein swings faster and his charge doesn't do damage when colliding with another charge
    - Zarya's grav is now UNESCAPABLE through movement abilities

That Zarya ult buff. Oh hell yeah! Hear that Tracer, Gengi and fucking Mercy? Once I catch yo ass in it. You fucked! Lost a few games because I'd grave like 3-4 people with Mercy among them. Only for her to dash away then rez
    edited July 13
    That grav buff is indeed huge. Pretty much every meta hero right now has an ability that lets them escape grav. Zarya might finally get back into high level play.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 509
    snip

I feel like the only way to play OW anymore is in lockout 3s. the maps are better. lockout enables alot of good interesting team comps without allowing others to bully players. alot of the really broken stuff doesnt really take precedence. Its just a well done mode overall and Blizzard doesnt really know how to make matchmaking work anyway. I mean their company motto these days is "If everything is random, its gotta be fun, right?". Thats how i feel with alot of their games these days.

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
    Because McCree and Reaper needed more buffs than the ones they got already, lol. Give me some Widowmaker cooldown reduction.

That being said, that Zarya change is really good and something that bugged me before because you'd get like Winston/Widowmaker/Rein/Pharah/Sombra/Tracer/etc escaping from it with stuff.
    McCree and Reaper are more QoL fixes than anything else. Flashbang has always been notorious for being useless against hero with mobility that jump all over the place. Now it is probably a legit counter to Doomfist.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    That is true. It does sort of seem like they're thinking "hey we should put these things in to help stop Doomfist". Like...he can't launch himself out of Zarya's ult now. Which I guess begs the question of whether hers counters his.

Hell, it also makes me wonder if you can somehow work McCrees Ult to hit Doomfist while he's zooming and jumping/diving around.
    Reins faster swing is dumb.
    CRYING
    I'm really happy with how long McCree was out of the meta because Tracer mains forgot that he's a reliable counter for her lol

The hammer buff is solid. Honestly he needed something small like that because dive comps are dominant so his pick rate has dropped and there are new counters in doomfist and Orissa. Plus the Reaper passive change
    They'll probably nerf his ult gain afterwards though because if you land a couple smacks on maybe 3 people you've already got shatter.

They'll probably nerf his ult gain afterwards though because if you land a couple smacks on maybe 3 people you've already got shatter.

The ultimate is nerfed enough. Orissa and Symm shields block it and those two have higher pick rates. Winston bubble obviously and hitting an ulting Genji with it is dicey at best now.

It's still a great​ ultimate but it's nowhere near as threatening as it was with the shields everywhere and not being as reliable against Genji.
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Tracer's Recall is technically not a movement ability.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    Really good direction with these changes. Still hoping for more Defense hero buffs so enemies actually have to respect your space (the #1 reason why dive is so effective), but I'm not sure if Blizzard themselves even knows what to do with them.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    CHIEfy wrote: »
    Tracer's Recall is technically not a movement ability.

I actually looked that up and yeah that is correct, Recall is not a movement ability.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Really good direction with these changes. Still hoping for more Defense hero buffs so enemies actually have to respect your space (the #1 reason why dive is so effective), but I'm not sure if Blizzard themselves even knows what to do with them.

Buffing builders would hurt flankers but also infuriate casual players
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,046
    jae hoon wrote: »
    I actually looked that up and yeah that is correct, Recall is not a movement ability.
    Good cause I was just assuming so lol. The patch notes don't specify what still works.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    FrostyAU wrote: »

Buffing builders would hurt flankers but also infuriate casual players

The buildings don't need buffs, other parts of their kits do. Torb crumbles under any pressure without armor because of his head hitbox, and would be more fun if he had a second use for scrap other than armor packs. Symmetra's shield is good in some situations but I've always wanted the ability to either place a stationary shield (based on a bug from when she first got the ability) or hold it in front of me for a brief time like some kind of budget Reinhardt.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that Widow is kind of useless unless you're an aimbot/fantastic sniper (at which point she becomes cool but still not OP), Bastion has glaring survivability issues (Ironclad nerf was too far imo), Mei doesn't have much of a point unless you're splitting low-mobility heroes at a choke, and Junkrat in general. Hanzo is probably in the best place of any of the Defense heroes right now because he does what he's supposed to do well, but Scatter Arrow might be on the chopping block sooner or later for the same reason Roadhog got butchered.
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 636
    edited July 13
    Ironically, TF2's sentry was even more lethal for casuals, when compared to Torbjörn yet Valve gave very well-received buff for Engineer back in 2010 where you could pick-up the sentry and move it to other location.
    Everyone either accepted it or were told to git gud. It's irritating to see how Torbjörn is still trash because Blizzard is more worried about quick-play casuals than actual hero balance in modes like competitive.

It's pretty much the same thing with Junkrat since Kaplan mentioned how Junkrat is one of the most popular heroes in Quick-play + dominating low elo ranks. I would love to see change where they make Frag launcher's projectiles faster, yet reducing the damage. It could be as enjoyable as TF2 Demoman (while lacking stickies in order to balance) yet would not be as useless like Team Fortress Classic Demo without remote pipe bomb.

Last thing to add, while I'm very happy about McCree and Reaper changes, it should've been like this in the launch + these changes just took too god damn long to make. While some might argue that Blizzard is afraid because of Beyblade + McSniper days, it's not proper excuse to make since the changes are about QoL.

It's probably about good old casual cry that resulted in laughable Hog nerf in the first place.
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
    You can only block shatter with sym shield on accident. Shatter being fast as fuck, how slowly sym throws shield, and the reaction time needed on top of that make it nearly impossible to do it on purpose. By the time you register the "HAMMER....!!!!" it's already too late and you're on the ground.

Also I doubt Tracer can recall out of grav. Patch notes specifically compare how it disables movement abilities as being similar to Junkrat trap. And Tracer can't recall out of bear trap soooooo.......

LRqojs0.png

I was playing Pharah on Mystery Heroes...
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 636
    edited July 13
    was playing Pharah on Mystery Heroes...
    Crisp clean Pharah lock bois.

Jokes aside, I'd love to download Emanz "100 % positioning to get damage from Pharah" cheat.

What classes did he got against you?
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."