Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,897
    edited July 14
    Did the servers crash? I was playing my first game after like 3 days of nothing, game DC's me instantly and I can't log back in nor even connect to battle.net

Internet is perfectly fine....I better not lose rank for this shit....

Edit: I rejoined the game to see that the other team had 4 people leave, I assume the game crashed for them too. Well, too bad because even though we won 3 seconds after I rejoined I still LOST A HUNDRED SR

I might be done for this fucking season. I can't deal with this bullshit any longer.
  • VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,531
    edited July 14
    Was Torb ever able to build level 3 without ultimate? If so what was that like? Also he really needs a critbox reduction. Maybe he starts with the +75 armor but can't give it to himself?

Junkrat should be able to place two bear traps.

Widow needs literally anything that makes her playable to the other 99% who aren't gods, starting with a hook cooldown reduction. If not her AR needs a buff since its beyond ass. I'm all for increased bodyshot damage but I know everyone would hate that. Her ultimate also needs to last a lot longer or have some additional effect like letting her pierce barriers.

I'd buff Bastion's Ironclad by maybe 5%. Either that or his sentry mode needs a to be partially reverted. Allow headshots again or reduce his spread. I want his beta barrier back but that was supposedly OP.

Not really sure what's wrong with Mei. I think she is solid but she is rarely picked. Not sure about Hanzo either.

Looking at the Defense heroes, they also all suffer from a crippling lack of mobility.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,811
    If you make Widow too strong at lower ranks she will become just insane at higher ranks. A small reduction in the CD of her hook + maybe the ability to put out two mines is really the only things she could get without becoming retarded.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    Widow doesn't need to become a better sniper, just a competent everything else. Buff the accuracy or damage of her SMG, and have Infra-Sight show enemy health and/or ult status. Maybe a cooldown reduction on her hook, but it's required to have a fairly long cooldown so Winston/D.Va properly counter her.

Junkrat needs a better primary fire, no question. Everything else about his kit can work some of the time, but the grenades are terrible in a direct fight. Make the grenades travel faster, and add some kind of UI to show where they will land on the first bounce/what angle they will bounce at so spontaneous trick shots are more intuitive.

Mei's problem is that she isn't very strong in a team fight unless she can split a low-mobility team with her wall. I think disabling movement abilities halfway through the freezing process (kind of like what they did to Zarya's ult just now) would make her more of a threat against escape-heavy flankers.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,785
    Defence heroes in general are a bad category. It's alnost the "other," folder. I'm not sure much needs to be done with them though. Junkrat maybe needs to be reworked or given something major like higher fire rate or faster projectiles, the rest are fine as they are they're just situational and the game needs a mix of that, staple and situational characters.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,669
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with how Junkrat works. The issue lies in how many counters he has. Rein blocks his shit, Orisa blocks his shit, Winston blocks his shit, D.va eats all of his attacks, Zarya directly benefits from him being on the other team, Pharah straight up ignores him and fucks up his day, and then anybody that can get to a higher elevation, or fight at a farther distance than his grenades usually travel has a solid advantage over him. The use increase in DPS characters with hitscan weapons, as well as the popularity of triple DPS builds makes it harder for his riptire to survive until it's destination.

Personally I'd buff him into the role of "barrier buster". The most effective one at the moment is Bastion and not much else. Increase Junkrats magazine size to 8 or 10, and increase damage to barriers. Meaning a direct hit grenade on a character will still do the usual 120, but hitting a barrier will do something like 160-180. It would give him a definitive defense role against all the barrier tanks currently in play.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 636
    edited July 15
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Was Torb ever able to build level 3 without ultimate? If so what was that like?
    He was able to do that in the beta but he had to use scrap in order to do so.

Blizzard thought it was too frustrating to play against, especially since you could choose multiple Torbjörns.

Edit: Gotta love trashtalk about Hog + other balancing Blizzard has done.
    Post edited by Surremies on
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
  • VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,531
    Surremies wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Was Torb ever able to build level 3 without ultimate? If so what was that like?
    He was able to do that in the beta but the had to use scrap in order to do so.

Blizzard thought it was too frustrating to play against, especially since you could choose multiple Torbjörns.

Edit: Gotta love trashtalk about Hog + other balancing Blizzard has done.

Other than multiple Torbs this sounds like a good idea. Especially since it gives another use for his scrap. But I can see how that would cause salt.
    I just accidentally spent 3 hours on a 3v3 elim mode melee only I made with both teams consisting of Torb, Doomfist and Rein. It was an extremely hilarious experience.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    edited July 15
    Ok, I can't be the only one experiencing such a high volume of leavers. 5 games in a row now, it used to be every other game now it's literally every game. Something ain't right here.

Ok I need to share this. Today is just the best.
    3 games with a leaver on my team Inca row, 2 games with leavers on the other team. On game 6 there's a duo queue of guys that just started playing the game, locked reaper and mcree and i got gold elims and damage over them as zen.
    Game 7, those same two guys are on the other team, we trampled them.
    Game 8, two leavers.
    Game 9, a triple queue without mics going torb, junk and widow on attack and a reaper who also had like 3 hours on the game TOTAL.

This is at sr 2200.....I don't even know what to say.

Edit 2: Holy fuck. Lost a game so I quit right after it said defeat so as to not have to sit through it.
    The game suspended me for 30 minutes and I lost 80 SR. Ok, I'm done for another week yet again.
    Post edited by Citrus_monkey on
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    You're not the only one. I had a convo with someone on the enemy team on general chat and he going through the same thing you are. The guy is in gold and he somehow lost 2K SR. I didn't think SR can drop that low.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,810
    > Click on random OW meme vid
    > See 2-3 "OW Comp is awful" vids on related.

Is it just for this season? Cause of dive? I've been on an OW break since the Anniversary event ended.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    Comp been bad for me as I keep getting grouped with uncooperative teammates, guys that don't use team chat and the occasional leaver. It's like the playerbase just became shit this season.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,126
    Hows Doomfist?
    Is he my God, or should I just uninstall Overwatch and pretend it never existed?
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Hows Doomfist?
    Is he my God, or should I just uninstall Overwatch and pretend it never existed?

He's high risk, high reward. He's like a carry top lane in a MoBA or an assassin jungle. He has high kill and carry potential but can be shut down relatively easy and has hard counters.
    > Click on random OW meme vid
    > See 2-3 "OW Comp is awful" vids on related.

Is it just for this season? Cause of dive? I've been on an OW break since the Anniversary event ended.

Season 1-3 had its issues but season 5 thus far has been a total shitstorm in my experience. Its like half of the player base stopped caring and leavers are becoming so much of an issue that it's like ragequitters on day 1 sfv.
    About the quality of this season, just remember that it's Summer, that many kids are home from school and the other ones care less.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Hows Doomfist?

He's a very fun character, but also very high skill. You likely won't be ramming into their team as he only has the burst potential to kill a couple squishies before going on CD and becoming defenseless, therefore you need to micromanage all your abilities the entire time. He's more an opportunist/disruptor than a solo carry. He's a good initiator of team fights because he can either knock the tanks away or quickly take out a squishy, but if the team doesn't follow up you won't be able to escape as easily as Tracer.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    A bit off Topic but hopefully someone can help me out.

I have Overwatch on PSN - I've recently linked the PSN to my battle.net on PC and vice-versa
    The PSN Overwatch exclusive skins appear for D.Va and Genji, so I know that worked as they were locked before
    However, Tracer is not available in Heroes of the Storm.
    She should be unlocked for free via Overwatch ownership right? What do I need to do to unlock her?
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    I found this post that might answer your questions:
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17611902008#post-15
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    thanks dude! I searched blizzards page but only found posts over a year old.
    I'll take a look at it
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,045
    Bought the game again off eBay.

And so the insanity resumes.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
    While TF2 vs. Overwatch argument is stale overall, one (not the only though), things are community servers. One of the best gaming I've ever had was on local Finnish TF2 server from 2008-12. Active players all were familiar each other, played rounds "seriously" yet tongue-in-cheek, while having fun shit in the team VoIP.

Funny shit is so much more fun than OW's overall toxic shit.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with how Junkrat works. The issue lies in how many counters he has. Rein blocks his shit, Orisa blocks his shit, Winston blocks his shit, D.va eats all of his attacks, Zarya directly benefits from him being on the other team, Pharah straight up ignores him and fucks up his day, and then anybody that can get to a higher elevation, or fight at a farther distance than his grenades usually travel has a solid advantage over him. The use increase in DPS characters with hitscan weapons, as well as the popularity of triple DPS builds makes it harder for his riptire to survive until it's destination.

Personally I'd buff him into the role of "barrier buster". The most effective one at the moment is Bastion and not much else. Increase Junkrats magazine size to 8 or 10, and increase damage to barriers. Meaning a direct hit grenade on a character will still do the usual 120, but hitting a barrier will do something like 160-180. It would give him a definitive defense role against all the barrier tanks currently in play.

That's an interesting idea but the problem I see is that a barrier buster that's easily countered will still be countered and therefore won't be that effective.

I'd personally make him.have mode of a focus on trapping. I'd make him almost like another builder.

Failing that the character is always going to feel obscure. I'm saying that having a GM friend who's a Junkrat main who plays Junkrat in comp. He plays him like a flanker really, he's the only one I've ever see pull it off though and he's so infamous at it on our servers people see him name and instalock Pharah so he's always on Soldier.
    I don't see the point in making him a trapper. People already fuck up his traps now anyway. Giving him more would do nothing for his viability, especially since so many characters have high mobility and can just go around/over them anyway.

Increasing his damage against tanks would give people an actual reason to pick him.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Junkrat's damage against tanks and barriers is already good enough. His full clip + mine are enough to destroy any 600 hp target in a couple seconds. Zarya's only an issue if you spam nades from afar, but he can simply destroy her right after popping the bubble.

His traps are stronger than it looks. First of all, not all characters have enough vertical mobility to escape them - Tracer and Winston will get trapped pretty often because of that. Second, they deploy almost instantly and during a team fight on point it's very easy to have someone step in them. And finally, even if they see them they will force them to take a couple moments to shoot them (as they have 100 health), which means you'll be free to shoot them in the meanwhile. His issue is really that he can only control one choke every 10 seconds with them, which makes them less effective as space control tools as, say, Symmetra turrets.
    If he could deploy more than one trap at a time he would have considerably more crowd control and would become pretty scary in team fights. Add a little more projectile speed for his nades and it might become pretty serious.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    Junkrat has trouble dealing with opponents who aren't in enclosed spaces/choke points. He needs to be able to exert control over a wider area.
    If you throw a trap during a team fight it's just gonna get shot. Not to mention that there is a delay after I deploys where it's not allowed to trap anybody.

If you throw it in the face of someone in a 1v1, yes. But that isn't even a big deal, because it means they won't be shooting at you. In a 6v6 where everyone is busy fighting each other though nobody will even bother shooting at it, and the delay is much shorter than the one before Torb/Symm turrets or venom mine become active.
    I usually tend to throw the trap while being in the air with my conc mine because the enemy will be too distracted to try to shoot me in the air to actually focus the trap.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    edited July 17
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with how Junkrat works. The issue lies in how many counters he has.
    It's true (counters) but Junkrat's playstyle is extremely boring and un-rewarding compared to his counter-parts, like TF2 Demoman. There's just not that of excitement to play him since especially lower ranks, Junk play is about spamming the corners but still dominating.

Edit: How in the fuck can you call Junkrat more satisfying to play than Demoman? FFS.
    edited July 17
    I didn't play TF2 but Junkrat is fun AF. He has mobility, burst damage, space control and crowd control, and to top it all people get very mad when you kill them repeatedly with one of the worst heroes in the game.
    It's very much like Pharah: you can play him in a very boring way by spamming chokes or wreak havoc by rotating constantly and instakilling squishies with two nades or the nade+mine combo.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    edited July 17
    I didn't play TF2 but Junkrat is fun AF. He has mobility, burst damage, space control and crowd control, and to top it all people get very mad when you kill them repeatedly with one of the worst heroes in the game.
    Well that explains it pretty much.

Junkrat isn't that bad and is pretty fun to play but at the same time he's pretty much the nerfed and less fun version of Demoman. Class synergy, TF2's comp meta and map balance are something that are in a way of direct comparison of these 2 classes but Demoman still wins it for me because:

- Even better / funnier mobility options Junkrat with sticky bombs and pipe bombs while still doing self-inflicted damage (Pipe bombs TF2 version of Junk's left click).
    - Defensive / Space control options were more versatile with the stuff I mentioned above.
    - Pipe bombs were faster and more damaging yet still had high skill-ceiling in order to be effective.
    - Kills are much more satisfying due to gib / ragdoll system.

TL;DR. Buffed and much more versatile version of Junkrat that is known in OW today. It's the same thing than with Pharah vs. Soldier (Pharah is boring, Soldier more comparable to Quake).
    Why are you even comparing the two? Overwatch and TF2 are class based, teamwork heavy shooters, yes, but they aren't even close to the same game. Junkrat and Demoman also don't have the same opposition to deal with either. In comparison, TF2 is very boots on the ground. The worst demo has to deal with is Soldier rocket jumping through the air, and ubercharge enemies. Junkrat has to deal with an upgraded soldier constantly in the air, mobile shield to block his shit, people throwing his grenades back at him, etc.

If you copy pasted Demoman into Overwatch he would probably be in a worse place that Junkrat is. The two characters are the same concept, built for completely different environments.

edited July 17
    Why are you even comparing the two? Overwatch and TF2 are class based, teamwork heavy shooters, yes, but they aren't even close to the same game. Junkrat and Demoman also don't have the same opposition to deal with either. In comparison, TF2 is very boots on the ground. The worst demo has to deal with is Soldier rocket jumping through the air, and ubercharge enemies. Junkrat has to deal with an upgraded soldier constantly in the air, mobile shield to block his shit, people throwing his grenades back at him, etc.

If you copy pasted Demoman into Overwatch he would probably be in a worse place that Junkrat is. The two characters are the same concept, built for completely different environments.
    "Class synergy, TF2's comp meta and map balance are something that are in a way of direct comparison of these 2 classes".

Where did I say I just compare them?

Learn to read. Please.
    Because you're calling Junkrat a nerfed version or Demoman, when Demoman wouldn't really work in overwatch. Then you get mad when someone says junk is more fun than demo, which he is. You'd know if you've ever gotten a 5 man riptire.

So what exactly is your point other than unnecessarily bringing up TF2 then?

edited July 17
    You'd know if you've ever gotten a 5 man riptire
    I've had multiple times and it's nothing special. Pretty odd to compare general gameplay with ultimate ability's multikill.
    So what exactly is your point other than unnecessarily bringing up TF2 then?
    I like to compare and criticize games between each other if they share similar traits, just like games that aren't sharing the same traits. How bringing in and comparing TF2 to OW is unnecessary since both games could learn from each other's pros and cons? Especially since both have had or either have competitive scene history.

It's just like how people compare CS:GO weapon balance / movement mechanics or economy system to 1.6 or CSS, where all mentioned things were different, yet sharing similar traits? Is it still unnecessary to bring in these points or should people suck everything up like damn sheeps?
    Stock sticky bombs would own over half the cast LOL
  • SoftShocksSoftShocks Joined: Posts: 75
    If anyone wants to que up with me on ps4, add me.

I'm a Master Rank D.va/Tracer/Mercy player
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    DE847_rUAAE4xuV.jpg:large
    The Zarya buff.jpg
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,461
    so for the amount of hype Overwatch gets, its strange on steam charts, its not up to Team Fortress 2 numbers, or wait, Blizzard has their own service, so it's not tracked by steam numbers huh?
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,801
    its not on Steam , its on Blizzards own service
    Stock sticky bombs would own over half the cast LOL
    Shh, don't let them know.
    It's probably another game that steam can recognize you're playing but it can't actually run it. I remember it did that for world of Warcraft I think

edited July 18
    *Hit every single tricky flick and tons of headshots*
    *Miss an enemy Reaper that stands still*

#JustMcCreethings
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's funny how the one character I didn't understand for months was Dva (hardly used her), even watching some vids here and there. Now she's my favorite.
    Green Karin.
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,213
    Same with me for Sombra.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,726
    I avoided using Lucio, Zarya, and Genji for the longest time, but they're actually pretty fun. That being said, I've still never picked Junkrat, and I still have zero desire to pick Bastion, so...
    edited July 19
    Warming up for comp is literally impossible. For some reason in qp I always get on the team with 6 DPS while the other team has at least two healers and one tank. And of course they also have 2-3 hitscans. Do I really have to duoQ with a Mercy main just to warm up?
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    QP is the place for practicing with high accuracy characters...which is why I always get double sniper teams and other bad comps...

I usually don't expect much, but eventually if we are getting our assed kick, they will switch off 60% of the time...
    Green Karin.