Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipper Joined: Posts: 3,067
    edited February 7
    Yeah Sombra shuts his fat ass down, but she still seems pretty low-tier outside of the few heros she shits on. She wrecks Rein too but he is rarely alone to actually pick him off.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,720
    Symmetra is the only raw-utility support hero in the support category, though Lucio comes close when you get to the level where his healing isn't effective. This isn't to say that Symmetra doesn't belong in the support category. Rather, Sombra, Torbjorn, and possibly even Zarya should be in that category because their entire design revolves around utility support.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 473
    I wonder if South East Asia playerbase is dead. I never get a game that is below 170 ping anymore for 3 months now. lol
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,356
    edited February 7
    Vhozon wrote: »
    Yeah Sombra shuts his fat ass down, but she still seems pretty low-tier outside of the few heros she shits on. She wrecks Rein too but he is rarely alone to actually pick him off.

I think the problem is that many people don't take advantage of the range of her hack. Her hack goes almost as far as Zarya's primary fire and there are many spots on the high ground where you can hack enemies pretty much without fear. For instance you can hack people on the ground while being on top of the building before the 2nd checkpoint in Route 66 and unless the Roadhog anticipates it with a hook he can't do shit about that.
    Also one should know who to prioritize when hacking. Hacking a Lucio or a McCree for instance is almost useless because they will still be able to do what they do, but hacking a Tracer or a Genji - which is very easy - means a guaranteed kill most of the time.
    The change of the hack CD from 12 to 8s makes a significant difference in how you play her, because now you can pretty much hack recklessly both packs and people. If you just did the classic health pack hack/translocator/stealth setup, by the time you decloak you will be only 2s away from having another hack available before eventually teleporting back to safety.

I recommend this video where Codey (top 500 Sombra main) talks a little about how to play her effectively:

Of course I recommend to watch his replays or streams too.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • HollowbladeHollowblade Joined: Posts: 1,594
    Surremies wrote: »
    It's strange how it seems people either forgot or downplay Reaper as good Roadhog counter. While of course Reaper getting hooked is usually an insta-death, tank meta is still viable and hook consistency got better, fighting 1v1 against Roadhog is still really fun in my opinion. Baiting opponent's hook is vast majority of the time pretty easy and once they are out, whole match-up is over and my Reaper is doing his Slow clap emote.

Boy those players wish that Hog would've excercise once they fail their hook against me / against my teammate when I'm close.

The problem is reaper sucks in tank heavy range heavy metas. I used to main and carry with reaper when the meta didnt always contain a billion tanks. When soldier wasnt a lazer beam of death amd before the 350 dva buffs. He sreds most tanks but when its 3 tanks va him he just cant shred fast enough plus all the survivability of all the tanks together makes it really hard to want to pick him over soldier or just hog or another tank. Like you rarely see reaper anymore and its not cus hes bad its just the general meta has shut his playstyle out.
    edited February 7
    Well, I know what I will be doing tonight I guess.

But...
    Capture the Rooster has been, without a doubt, Overwatch’s most popular brawl.

LMAO

P.S. according to the developer update, custom games will give exp too. BOOSTING TIME
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    PTR servers are down atm but Stylosa managed to make a video when they were still up

[UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 698
    I can imagine how salty Battle.net forums are..
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
    Not sure why they would get salty. In recon mode he's now a slightly worse Soldier with a huge hitbox while sentry might've become totally useless except for breaking shields, and even that will be hard since Hog will be able to force you out of sentry and kill you. The only really good buff seems to be the ability to heal while walking.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    Not sure why they would get salty.
    No Soldier, Hog or further Ana nerfs.

It's nothing about Bastion.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 23,583 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Self-Repair
    Can now be used while moving

:cool:
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    http://helloracist.com/
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,860
    ^ Yeah that's pretty fucking big for Bastion. Now longer a target while self-repairing.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,583
    Holy hell bastion buffs
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,025 mod
    edited February 8
    Went into a comp match(plat) in a duo queue, I pick Hanzo and my friend picks Widow.

We get reported immediately.

We proceed to carry and get 50+ elims, started frag hunting against my friend to see who could finish gold everything.

This community is cancer, you pick one out of meta hero and you have the entire team screaming at you to pick fucking Soldier.
    SFV - I drop everyone after a week
    Sometimes I upload stuff - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQESJOpYAW3RQ_ag9q9T_g
    Froztey wrote: »
    Went into a comp match(plat) in a duo queue, I pick Hanzo and my friend picks Widow.

We proceed to carry and get 50+ elims, started frag hunting against my friend to see who could finish gold everything.

This community is cancer, you pick one out of meta hero and you have the entire team screaming at you to pick fucking Soldier.

This is why I think triple tank will still dominate below masters and fare well everywhere except international tournaments. Soldier has become so good (he's overrated but still the best DPS by a long shot) that you generally can't even run 2/2/2 anymore in solo queue or the entire team will flame the other DPS. Your best shots as of now for non-Soldier DPS are Tracer (outside of defense), Reaper, and Pharah.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,830
    edited February 8
    Bastion and Mercy buffs are pretty fucking wild. I'm used to blowing Mercy away while she pops Rez.

But really though 35% damage reduction in sentry/tank modes? Damn son.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Froztey wrote: »

Two snipers in one team is still questionable though
    Bastion and Mercy buffs are pretty fucking wild. I'm used to blowing Mercy away while she pops Rez.

But really though 35% damage reduction in sentry/tank modes? Damn son.

The trade-off is that his sentry form is much less accurate and deals less burst damage due to the lack of headshots. I heard you can't even kill him with two full chargers on his weak spot so we'll see.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    I feel like reporting this shit stain mlp fuckwad and I ain't even playing with him.

Anyways, I wonder what other ideas blizz is going to steal from me.
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
  • RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 557
    Question: Is rein now the default tank after the Dva nerfs? I've been seeing him pop up way more often since patch.
    :f::d::df:+:p:
    Rein has always been the default tank.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    Wow the custom games are MASSIVE. You can edit almost EVERYTHING to create your own one.
    People might start create their own balanced versions of the game lmao
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 516
    Ana

New Hero Option: Nano Boost Sensitivity
    Allows players to adjust Nano Boost’s targeting sensitivity
    Death to boostio!
    I made a 3v3 CTF mode with only Hog and Bastion, set Bastion's health to 500 and the hero limit to 2. It's almost balanced but I can't give Hog a few more shots to be able to finish the Bastion :(
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    Maybe I'll finally be able to make a "hide and seek" mode:
    -Both sides have minimum cooldowns
    -Team Hide is all Sombra, minimum health/damage
    -Team Seek is 1 Hanzo, maximum health/damage
    -Hanzo has to kill all the Sombras; if any are alive at the end of the match, the Sombra team is considered victorious
    edited February 8
    -Hanzo has to kill all the Sombras; if any are alive at the end of the match, the Sombra team is considered victorious

You can definitely create it. I just did an elimination match with those rules and also disabled Sombra's EMP and reduced the CD on sonic arrow, translocator and stealth.

edit: oh god I played it, it's fun AF lol.
    edit2: apparently EVERYONE is doing hide & seek now LMAO
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,860

It's funny cause it's true
    Boobologist Ph.D

>Be on team Hanzo
    >Leave spawn
    >6 seconds later
    HERE I AM!
    LOOKING FOR ME!?
    BEEN HERE ALL ALONG
    HEY THERE!
    MISS ME!?
    CHEERS LOVE!

Multiply by infinity

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Welp, I spent the entire night doing boss battles and other random custom modes I found. I tried things such as:
    - Hogs with no hook CD vs 5x speed lucio bots at Ilios well
    - no CDs, no respawn, fast ults, dead in one or two hits
    - 2 max health Winstons vs 6 min health Widows that deal 300% dmg
    - a "Dark Souls" boss mode vs Rein/Hog with slower walk speed and slower CDs

The best so far was a boss battle at Eichenwalde with everyone 3x speed including the 5x health Rein boss. Absolutely hilarious.

Anyway GGs Blizzard, this game just increased his longevity a dozen times. Best update ever.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 512
    Wow, I would have beaten his ass the second I ever seen him again. That is some truly fucked up shit no one should go through, especially over something as trivial as getting better at a game.
    It's really, really sad how some people you thought were your friends, are just bitter, arrogant and narcissistic assholes.

This one guy I once called friend (in irl), has always been extremely competitive and tried to raise his rank. Throughout last 1,5 years, he's been critical (never bothered me since he's got good points) to the point when he's just toxic, never tolerating any critic or advice we give to him and telling how we are holding him back (while he's being to one who's been carried) and denying that he'd be toxic. It's been the case especially in OW. Last thursday, he asked if we could play some games in Sunday when he gets back (from the trip with his other irl friends) or at least in Monday. I said it sounds good. When he got himself to Steam in sunday, I asked how his trip went and if he should play something together. Only thing he ever answered during sunday and monday, was "Idk", while playing with his top 500 friend and ignoring every other request / message I gave to him or just playing soloque in either OW or CS:GO.

I confronted him yesterday and asked what the hell is going on. He simply answered that his friend don't want me nor my other friends to join them. I politely answered that it's ok for his friend, since I can't force anyone to play with him but asked if he could join us later on.

He answered that he's not getting any better with us, said me and my other friends are trash and been lacking basic game sense since last 2 years and after short break, actually told me that the best times he had in CS:GO was in Summer 2016 due to my absence, since my dad was hospitalized and critically injured because of car crash ("If he died, you could've actually learned how to play..").

Never tolerating that asshole again.

Sounds like a cunt either way, but is he even top 500? I'm going to take a moment and laugh at his mediocrity if the game doesn't even think he's outstandingly good lol.

But seriously, something sounds very wrong with that man. Like, that is becoming WAY too dependent on a video game for validation.

Sounds like a cunt either way, but is he even top 500? I'm going to take a moment and laugh at his mediocrity if the game doesn't even think he's outstandingly good lol.

But seriously, something sounds very wrong with that man. Like, that is becoming WAY too dependent on a video game for validation.
    It's basically been about how he thinks he's some hot shit in the games, whether it was an actual sport or video game. If he's doing well but we lose, it's about how 'he has to carry' and while he's not doing well, it's about him complaining how me or my other friends cause him to play bad.

I really don't really know much about his "top 500" friend since I've never played with him nor I'm friends with him (met him once in real life though, very good in CS:GO but stupid-ass personality) but that's what he's claimed to be.

They can't even que together (afaik) to comp since my "friend" is late Diamond but maybe they are practicing in qp since "I'm not holding him back". Jeez..

But to be completely honest, I really don't care. At least games in the future are more relaxed..
    Sounds like some white people shit to me bruh :coffee:

It better be lol.
    Mains:

It's basically been about how he thinks he's some hot shit in the games, whether it was an actual sport or video game. If he's doing well but we lose, it's about how 'he has to carry' and while he's not doing well, it's about him complaining how me or my other friends cause him to play bad.

I really don't really know much about his "top 500" friend since I've never played with him nor I'm friends with him (met him once in real life though, very good in CS:GO but stupid-ass personality) but that's what he's claimed to be.

They can't even que together (afaik) to comp since my "friend" is late Diamond but maybe they are practicing in qp since "I'm not holding him back". Jeez..

But to be completely honest, I really don't care. At least games in the future are more relaxed..

Oh my fucking god, LATE DIAMOND?! Not even one of the masters ranks, but fucking diamond? Your ex-friend isn't just an asshole, he's retarded too.
    For the record, I hit "lol" because I'm laughing at him, not the situation. What an idiot.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    dawg your friend just said that he cant even que with him but he leaves you to help the dude practice
    and he said that shit about your situation
    im sorry and this is in no way directed towards you but
    that is not a friend
    that is a bitch
    Getting high and mighty about being diamond is like getting a superiority complex because you have a C rank character in SF4. At the end of the day you really aren't highly skilled or even vaguely impressive.

• jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 9
    After playing with Poltergeist last night it is plainly evident i'm still pretty bad. Too many bad habits picked up trying to carry plebs.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001