Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,031
    edited August 9
    highlulu wrote: »
    Placed 3.1k on Lucioball. Gotta love those free 450 CPs and my guaranteed golden weapon at the end of the season.

wait, there is gauranteed cp out of ranking for lucio ball? damnit looks like i have to place in it now...

Yes, here's the amount (sorry for baguettespeak)

i9Hzx52.png

You also get 4 CP for win.
    Oh and no decay. Once you're there you're there
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 671
    Lol I have 3 friends with platinum border..
    Wtf there's platinum borders already?

Sitting still on 5 star of bronze.
    "Every nerf makes its own tune.."
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,748
    Alright so here's that game. At 3:04 I have 62%. I punch D.VA at full charge and get to 71%, then she hits the wall and I have 84. I fire my knuckles twice and throw a shoryuken, and meteor strike is charged. Doomfist has ridiculous meter gain. There's also a couple times in the video where I'll follow a slam with a shoryu, but because I chained it really fast the shoryu grants no ult charge and seems like it doesn't do any damage at all.

Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,574
    doomfist is fucking dumb
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nothing like the enemy team complaining about my team try harding so we switch to troll pick and we win while I play Hog.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • VhoziteVhozite Egyptian Goddess Main Joined: Posts: 2,768
    edited August 10
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    doomfist is fucking dumb

I don't like the ridiculous hitbox on RP. I played earlier and DF missed me by like a whole characters width but still hit me somehow. As it is now he can graze one pixel of your small toe and you get tossed.

It's the sane nonsense as Genji's dash.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,834
    edited August 10
    -Get frustrated by retards not even trying in QP
    -Decide to try ranked again
    -Lose like 70-100? SR

PLTZJRh.gif

Holy shit people are stupid in Comp, not cause they suck but EVERYBODY becomes a tactical genius knowitall and it clearly can't be their fault we're losing.
    Post edited by Amazing Funbags on
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,662
    I'm switching to EU servers for Luico ball. I want to punch my monitor whenever I'm paired with dumbasses who clearly have no idea how to play.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I'm switching to EU servers for Luico ball. I want to punch my monitor whenever I'm paired with dumbasses who clearly have no idea how to play.

Sadly you will start punching the monitor when you'll think you booped the ball out of the net, then you watch the replay and you were 10 meters on the right.
    Their netcode sucks ass for this mode in particular.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,834
    Since Ana is meh on console, I've been thinking of picking up Lucio. Do you need to do all this crazy parkour shit? Or can you stay grounded?
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,793
    Since Ana is meh on console, I've been thinking of picking up Lucio. Do you need to do all this crazy parkour shit? Or can you stay grounded?

Nah, you can stay grounded pretty easily. Just make sure you stick to a group of people, use the song boost as often as you can, and remember not to forget about his knockback ability. Not only can it save your ass from characters like Doomfist, Reaper, Roadhog, and an Ult-ing Genji, but it does a bit of damage and can knock people off of the stage pretty easily. Seriously, it can be such a lifesaver.

That being said though, last night I was playing on my PS4, and there was a Lucio on my team who didn't know how to heal people. Seriously. He didn't know how to switch songs and stay near people. We're like "Lucio, we need healing", so he comes in with speed boost song, stays for 3 seconds, and heads off to the other side of the map leaving us to get mowed down because we had no health left.
    The more mobile Lucio is, the longer he lives. If you want maximum effect out of lucio you need to be getting your Jet Set Radio on. The biggest part of it for me on PS4 is that I swapped X and L2. L2 lets me jump and wall ride without sacrificing my aim. X is boop because it's his least used ability for me, even though I kinda use it a lot.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho

Damn, free-for-all and France map coming. *national pride tears*
    Downloading PTR right now, it's massive this time (~6gb)
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,488
    Junkrat, Roadhog, Widowmaker, AND Orisa buffs? LET'S FKING GOOO
    I thought Orisa was fine as is, but hey. Those Widowmaker buffs are so damn nice though. But...I have to admit to being upset that they didn't reduce the cooldown on Venom Mine, or buff the Assault Rifle a bit with damage or firing speed. Of course, beggars can't be choosers, so I should be glad that we have what we got.
    edited August 11
    So they ignored massive criticism towards the buff and ignored for instance Harbleu's feedback entirely. They are not even trying anymore. Gotta love that Goodman's quote: "-50 % might not make it in if it seems too strong".

But yay I guess, I have more survivability over 2 seconds and cover 10 more meters with it.

At least Junkrat and Widow are finally getting something.
    Post edited by Surremies on
    edited August 10
    I don't think you fully realize how good those buffs are for Widow. She gets a Sonic Arrow every 15 seconds that deals 75 damage over time and she can go for air shots every 8 seconds... she will be damn good at high levels.
    Also Orisa buffs are great. Her new barrier looks HUGE and shooting with her gun actually feels good for once.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    Deathmatch is more fun than I expected. Some heroes will obviously be pretty darn good in it (the ones with burst damage or great mobility) but it's good to vent off some steam.

This soldier was probably thinking "ahah, this Doomfist is garbage!" Guess what, I'm still Doomfist.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,814
    edited August 10
    I don't think you fully realize how good those buffs are for Widow. She gets a Sonic Arrow every 15 seconds that deals 75 damage over time and she can go for air shots every 8 seconds... she will be damn good at high levels.
    Also Orisa buffs are great. Her new barrier looks HUGE and shooting with her gun actually feels good for once.

i think calling it a sonic arrow is a bit much, so long as someone notices the trap and destroys it she gets no sight

edit: was that another jump pad
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    Yes, the green one are jump pads. In true Quake fashion, deathmatch can't be deathmatch without them
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,487 mod
    Orisa buffs lets go
    Holy shit has Widow even gotten buffs before?
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,522
    Do they still give you an elimination if you took part in killing someone? Or just to whoever has the final blow?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Widow got a small buff a few seasons ago. Her charge started quicker when scoped.

Those buffs sound so nice though.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,931
    Froztey wrote: »
    Orisa buffs lets go

She was already pretty good in the right situations like defending the first point on Hollywood. These changes will make her feel much better though.
    edited August 11
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Holy shit has Widow even gotten buffs before?

Aside from buffing the scope charge time, her mine used to damage herself...
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Do they still give you an elimination if you took part in killing someone? Or just to whoever has the final blow?

The scoreboard shows elims, assists and deaths. Only elims (= final blows) count toward victory, while assists can be used to decide the place if two people have the same number of elims and still give you on fire rate towards POTGs.
    This is how the ending screen looks like

8YfAJZC.png

Still didn't figure out what red and blue mean.
    Also ending top 4 counts as a win towards arcade lootboxes, which makes FFA probably the easiest mode to grind them.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    edited August 11
    "I'm going up and killing the Bastion, keep me healed please"
    "okay"
    Proceed to fly up and almost kill the Bastion THREE TIMES, but I get killed first because I get zero heals by our Mercy sitting at the choke.
    Then people wonder why I get angry at Mercy mains...
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "okay"
    Proceed to fly up and almost kill the Bastion THREE TIMES, but I get killed first because I get zero heals by our Mercy sitting at the choke.

Stay free, @Neesa
    Finally made it back to plat. Took me 36 games (not counting placements) to get those damn 450 SR I needed.
    My stats aren't too shabby I guess
    FR4a39j.png
    (Direct rockets goes up and down depending on how much I'm tired or I need spamming)
    I can finally take a break before trying to get to an SR range where I won't be sent back to gold again.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,522
    lol mercy mains. swear they are so good for being high rank when we know how you got there
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    Yeah, meanwhile us Lucio players are just shaking our heads in dismay.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,709
    "okay"

I found Zarya to be surprisingly effective against Bastion when high charged. Just keep peeking out and lob secondary fire at him. After 2 hits they usually start healing or flee
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,487 mod
    Mercy is a lot harder to play as soon as you hit high ranks where skilled flankers hunt you.

You're a completely defenceless hero, you need god tier positioning to make Mercy work at higher SR.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,939
    Ive never played mercy so I can't say. but almost everyone seems to agree she's pretty much the easiest character to use? I mean, I find zarya relatively easy in that positioning and environmental awareness is not as difficult when you don't need really good tracking all the time like with most hitscan or projectile characters.
    edited August 12
    Mercy is boring and watered down compared to TF2 Medic, though it's the same thing with every single hero that has borrowed mechanics from TF2 classes. Especially Pharah and Junkrat make me sad.

Luckily there's McCree, Reaper, Hog, Zen etc.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,709
    Ive never played mercy so I can't say. but almost everyone seems to agree she's pretty much the easiest character to use? I mean, I find zarya relatively easy in that positioning and environmental awareness is not as difficult when you don't need really good tracking all the time like with most hitscan or projectile characters.

Difference between Mercy and Zarya is one is a DPS/Tank hybrid that needs to be on the front lines and utilizing barriers to save teammates. While the other chills in the back lines healing and merely has to use decent positioning to have an impact on the game.
    edited August 12
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    "okay"

I found Zarya to be surprisingly effective against Bastion when high charged. Just keep peeking out and lob secondary fire at him. After 2 hits they usually start healing or flee

Not when they have Orisa+Rein shields, which was the case. There were literally two things we could do: go for high damage comp to burst down shields or pocket me while I was blasting the Bastion from above the shield, and we did none of them.
    Mercy is a lot harder to play as soon as you hit high ranks where skilled flankers hunt you.

You're a completely defenceless hero, you need god tier positioning to make Mercy work at higher SR.

It doesn't really matter because with her pumped up SR gains you win much more than you lose, so you can climb even with negative winrates. That's how you end up having a VERY high amount of Mercy players who were gold/plat a couple seasons ago and now they're in GM... with the game sense of a gold/plat.
    Orisa is another hero with busted SR gains, except nobody plays her.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    Yall hating on my girl Mercy for the exact reasons I like her (other than her angel motiff). Little to no aim required, no cooldowns to manage, etc. I just have to pay attention to my team and surrounding.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,939
    I'm now just playing on and off every like 3 days and only 2 or three games. Still watching people throw and trickle and not be on mic. Been stuck on the same SR for like a month now. I think with only 2 weeks left this will sadly be my final rank.....
    edited August 12
    Mercy is a necessity to every team, but the only skill curve she has is learning where and when to hide with rez. Even for people who claim to have some prestige as "battle Mercy" don't have a lot to brag about. Her gun does a fuck ton of damage and a headshot or two lets her ice somebody in 3-4 shots.

It's not that people who play Mercy are bad, but just by the general principles of her it you can't ever be "good" with Mercy either.

Edit: I'd honestly argue that even Lucio requires more positioning attention that Mercy does. The purpose of Mercy's positioning is to avoid damage. Lucio's positioning is now actually about the healing itself since it only reaches 10m. You have to make sure the people who need heals are in range.

• DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,379
    edited August 12
    Re: TF2 derivatives

That's the reason I can't/don't play Junkrat. He feels like a VERY poor mans demoman without any of the feel good sticky bomb play and bouncing nades off surfaces to get kills isn't nearly as rewarding for some reason. I'm hoping giving him 2 mines plus the trap makes him a more rewarding trap based class.

I also started playing Winston and holy hell I'm having a ton of fun with him. Harassing supports and others caught out of position and then jumping the fuck out is delightful.

I'm SUPER stoked for the Orisa buffs.
    Post edited by DarkGeneral on
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 537
    edited August 12

I dont know, I find the other healers take a lot more skill then mercy, especially like ana and zen, were you actually need to have good aiming.
    the problem with characters like Ana is most of the people youre trying to heal seem to go out of their way to be make it needlessly difficult for you, which makes it less about skill and more "i wish my team was less potatoes.". I definitely agree with Zen though, i just wish i was good with the offensively minded support. but I mostly play 3s anyway.

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*