Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I like how you guys glossed over his actual point to tell him he was reaching about Tac Visor. Seemed pretty obvious that statement wasn't supposed to be taken at face value.

I even admitted that it was a rant coming out of my ass.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,040
    Neesa wrote: »
    Mercy ruined the game.

Yea I really don't like this new nonsense.

I also still hold that people who are duo-queuing should be able to bring their silver buddies into the games. It almost always forces a loss. Has one game where a plat guy brought with him some guy who was nearly 1000 SR below him and like 800 SR away from the rest of our team. Let your friends learn how to play the damn game before you bring them to ruin it for others.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I honestly think bringing the moba style ranking system is the cancer. Before this you could just go online even with your shot friends and still have fun. Now with the inclusion of arbitrary ranking and sbmm everything feels like a chore.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,256
    Fact of the matter is, this game is getting progressively more hostile to support and tank players. You're allowed to shut down healers (Biotic Grenade, dive in general) and negate tanks (Sombra hack, spammier DPS loadouts like Junkrat/Pharah), but god forbid anything get in the way of a dank DPS PotG from pressing Q. OW is moving less and less from the team comps/counters original design to making DPS the center and tanks/supports unrewarding both in terms of rank and play experience.

If they're going to do this, just add a fucking Deathmatch ranked ladder and cut the performance-based SR from the original ranked ladder so both sides can enjoy "their" version of OW.

Remove ultimates from DPS. Problem solved.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
    Fact of the matter is, this game is getting progressively more hostile to support and tank players. You're allowed to shut down healers (Biotic Grenade, dive in general) and negate tanks (Sombra hack, spammier DPS loadouts like Junkrat/Pharah), but god forbid anything get in the way of a dank DPS PotG from pressing Q. OW is moving less and less from the team comps/counters original design to making DPS the center and tanks/supports unrewarding both in terms of rank and play experience.

If they're going to do this, just add a fucking Deathmatch ranked ladder and cut the performance-based SR from the original ranked ladder so both sides can enjoy "their" version of OW.

But muh Death Blossom "Edgelord Screams"
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,828
    I really don't understand why Mercy hiding for her ult was such a big deal.

DPS literally do it all the time.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,951
    Matriarch wrote: »

Blizzards reasoning is that while she was hiding for rez, she wasn't healing.

Except that now she gets her ult and flies around firing her infinite ammo pistol........and still not healing.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    edited October 1
    jae hoon wrote: »

I wasn't being serious.
    I mean it's still a FPS. You can have all the weird abilities you want, but in the end, all revolves around killing people or not killing them. If you don't kill the enemy team you won't take the point. If they kill your team they will be able to push payload for free and you will lose.
    There is no shortage of CC abilities, escapes or barriers to stop DPS from wreaking havoc. Just because they nerf an ability that can stop 95% of the things that can be shot from a gun or another one that can magically undo an entire push with little to no effort required it doesn't mean that the game has automatically become free reign for DPS.
    Besides, the only way that has been found until now to not make the game DPS-oriented was... to turn the other classes into DPS. This is how tank meta came to be, and pretty much everybody hated it. Would you really have fun with a game where both teams just shot at each other without killing anybody until overtime?

Except that now she gets her ult and flies around firing her infinite ammo pistol........and still not healing.

I haven't met a single Mercy yet who uses ult just to go full battle Mercy. They mostly pop it to get additional rez and then heal the entire team from above or behind cover.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,017

It's more of a issue for us lower rank players. At lower ranks the coordination and team work isn't there to prioritize the mercy before doing team ults. Hell that wouldn't even be too much of a problem because you could just save an ult to counter the rez. But people would just use every fucking ult once they see a grav pop up. Then Mercy just flies in with a big ol troll face grin.

• NeesaNeesa Ric Flair drip go WOOO on a bitch. Joined: Posts: 7,137
    edited October 1
    I haven't met a single Mercy yet who uses ult just to go full battle Mercy. They mostly pop it to get additional rez and then heal the entire team from above or behind cover.

Pretty much what I do. I pop my res, pop ult and get people up and heal them, get more people up and sometimes I’ll use damage boost if they’re healed enough and pushing.

I just wanted Mercy to be more mobile. This new change is completely infuriating and making Mercy’s supposed “inactive” to just an eye clawing annoyance.

>get a pick?
    >is the mercy alive?
    >if yes, there goes your pick

Like pushes at the beginning are just pain inducing.

And her ult for me is just ugh. I like the heal streams to keep topped off, it I wish her flying was similar to Pharah’s where I feel I have more control over it. I get stuck on ceilings and what not. I only ever use my pistol if there’s an easy pick or the Mercy is low. Otherwise, I’m just healing still.

I hate new Mercy.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
    edited October 1
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

It's more of a issue for us lower rank players. At lower ranks the coordination and team work isn't there to prioritize the mercy before doing team ults. Hell that wouldn't even be too much of a problem because you could just save an ult to counter the rez. But people would just use every fucking ult once they see a grav pop up. Then Mercy just flies in with a big ol troll face grin

I don't know if it's any better at higher ranks but it's a recurring theme here in mid/high gold for me. Like I said in the last page coordination is such a crapshoot that you never know how things will go. Even if people are on mics, which is nice, doesn't guarantee they'll follow proper coordination. With the mercy patch this is even more evident. I see more and more mercy players with seemingly free reign that are not being properly targeted and rez all the damn time.

I really wish there was a new comp branch where you could start from scratch again. If you're already in diamond or whatever you can still always play regular comp, but for us who got slowly better over time, perhaps not starting out the best, we still feel the effects of our S2 placings and I'd love a clean slate. Things are all over the place. I find people below my rank that should be above, and people above that should be way, WAY below.

Post edited by Citrus_monkey on
    jae hoon wrote: »

I wasn't being serious.
    I mean it's still a FPS. You can have all the weird abilities you want, but in the end, all revolves around killing people or not killing them. If you don't kill the enemy team you won't take the point. If they kill your team they will be able to push payload for free and you will lose.
    There is no shortage of CC abilities, escapes or barriers to stop DPS from wreaking havoc. Just because they nerf an ability that can stop 95% of the things that can be shot from a gun or another one that can magically undo an entire push with little to no effort required it doesn't mean that the game has automatically become free reign for DPS.
    Besides, the only way that has been found until now to not make the game DPS-oriented was... to turn the other classes into DPS. This is how tank meta came to be, and pretty much everybody hated it. Would you really have fun with a game where both teams just shot at each other without killing anybody until overtime?

If there's no one to heal, I'll damage boost but if I can, I'll try to get in a few shots to pick off low health targets. Other than that, I just rez and heal.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    edited October 3
    I'm honestly starting to think that playing Genji effectively shrinks your brain. In FFA I can put the same trap in the same spot on the mega and stay in the corner to bait them and they will keep dashing towards me into it no matter how many times I already did it. Do they really believe they can do the fuck they want just because they're Genji or are they just bots?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,346
    He used to be able to dash through the trap. Junkrat hasn't been popular for a while, so they might have never adapted to the change.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,702
    Made a smurf named "DankDPS69"
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,702
    According to reddit PTR Mercy got nerfed. No rez reset on ult activation or reduced CD. They also removed that momentum thing she got from canceling GA.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,951
    A coworker was asking me about Overwatch today. And in comparison to maybe 6 months ago, I'm struggling to find reasons to recommend it at this point. All I had is that it's a "smooth fps"
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    They also nerfed the speed of Junkrat tire and... Mei for some reason (the CD on self-heal now only resets when you're out of ice block).
    Also to compensate the ult charge going to 0% as soon as you press Q now Genji, Soldier or Rein will still be able to ult if they get stunned.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    Completed my placement matches:

- 6 wins
    - 2 losses
    - 2 draws

Landed in Platinum at 2606. I primarily used Symmetra and Junkrat in the later matches, though my Junkrat needs a lot of improvement.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,808
    edited October 5
    Jeff Kaplan says his development team is intimidated by the community and doesn't engage.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,197
    Jeff Kaplan says his development team is intimidated by the community and doesn't engage.
    Normally I'd just say they're being pussies, but I find Overwatch community to be a whole nother level of toxic. I even play League and a bit of dota, Overwatch gots them beat imo.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    I don't blame them. There's an uproar on the Blizzard forums about the Mercy rez nerfs and people are SHAKING.
    edited October 5
    Jeff Kaplan makes a game aiming towards the lowest common denominator, gets that, then proceeds to bitch about it.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,220
    just came back to this game after a break and lol DVA got some missiles now
    dope
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,808
    Dramatix wrote: »
    I don't blame them. There's an uproar on the Blizzard forums about the Mercy rez nerfs and people are SHAKING.

The rez nerfs can go eat a dick. Blizzard want to kill the utility of her new ult.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A coworker was asking me about Overwatch today. And in comparison to maybe 6 months ago, I'm struggling to find reasons to recommend it at this point. All I had is that it's a "smooth fps"

Agree completely. I'd never thought I'd get bored or quit playing this game.

Doomfist was the beginning of the end for me. I've tried going back to it a few times and it's just way too different.

Then again, this always happens for me.

SF4 AE (3rd revision after Vanilla and super) came out and Yun and Fei were OP, I quit.
    When Season 2 of SF5 started right after Guile and Balrog came out, I quit.

I'm hoping Geese does not make me quit Tekken 7.
    Green Karin.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,059
    You need to quit being a quitter.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 5
    Why's that?

There's better or other games to play than games that don't or no longer bring enjoyment. I'm in my early thirties and I'm not the type of dude who will play through games just because I bought them (cough, Nier, cough). I know a guy who basically will say any game he bought is good, only because he bought the game and he must justify the purchase.

At least Overwatch was good, I will say I also enjoyed SF5 season 1. SF4... not much of a fan.

I'm not gonna force myself to beat a game anymore like I did with the first Final Fantasy 13, afterwards I was like what a waste of time.
    Green Karin.
    edited October 5
    Im not really refering to beating games, you keep playing these comp games and then quitting when something about them changes.

It was moslty a joke tho about how many games you quit over changes. Do whatever you want, I really don't care lol. Shit last night was the first time I played OW in close to a year because i got tired of Blizz constantly changing the characters I liked playing, or making changes that made my characters irrelevant. So do whatever you want.
    Im not really refering to beating games, you keep playing these comp games and then quitting when something about them changes.

It was moslty a joke tho about how many games you quit over changes. Do whatever you want, I really don't care lol. Shit last night was the first time I played OW in close to a year because i got tired of Blizz constantly changing the characters I liked playing, or making changes that made my characters irrelevant. So do whatever you want.

Funny enough, blizz buffed all of my characters which was really sweet. Too bad the game is so toxic. The last mercy patch was too much. This shit makes teamfights eternal and really annoying and stressful, moreso than they should ever be.
    Dramatix wrote: »

The rez nerfs can go eat a dick. Blizzard want to kill the utility of her new ult.

Blizzard would rather want to kill rez, but they know so many people in the community would be mad even if ultimately it would make sense.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    Yea as a Mercy player I found last night I can keep a team fight going FOREVER. I like the changes for myself, it makes Mercy a lot of fun to play as, but Im not sure its a very good change for the health of the game. Her Ult builds really fast in a team fight I was popping my ult close to twice per team fight if people weren't being smart and trying to focus me down so I was rezzing people like crazy every team fight.

Almost felt like trolling honestly.
    Just revert the game to season 3. I'm being a broken record here but I found that it was just fine back then. The symm rework was all that was needed, and maybe a couple more small tweaks. The game will never be perfectly balanced but it's getting to a point where it's not even the same game anymore. I could go into a lot of detail on all the things that make the game so different, big and small, but all of you who have been playing since launch know what I mean.
    edited October 6
    Yea as a Mercy player I found last night I can keep a team fight going FOREVER. I like the changes for myself, it makes Mercy a lot of fun to play as, but Im not sure its a very good change for the health of the game. Her Ult builds really fast in a team fight I was popping my ult close to twice per team fight if people weren't being smart and trying to focus me down so I was rezzing people like crazy every team fight.

Almost felt like trolling honestly.

The thing about the rework is that it was what people asked for. They didn't want anymore huge rezzes, so they reworked her into a flying, reviving DPS. Granted, she was strong and I begrudging admit that from a certain standpoint she was "overpowered", but nerfing the rez ability by not having the timer reset and only increasing its range as a benefit while crippling her mobility was just an absymal way of fixing the problem. If anything, they might as well as revert Mercy back to the way she was because I personally see no viability in her right now at all.

Meanwhile, Lucio apparently is getting a speed nerf, Ana's still in need for buffs, and Zen isn't reliable for solo healing unless the rest of the team can sustain on their own (Soldier, Tracer, Roadhog, Reaper, maybe Mei or Bastion). It's not looking great for supports at all.
    Just revert the game to season 3. I'm being a broken record here but I found that it was just fine back then. The symm rework was all that was needed, and maybe a couple more small tweaks. The game will never be perfectly balanced but it's getting to a point where it's not even the same game anymore. I could go into a lot of detail on all the things that make the game so different, big and small, but all of you who have been playing since launch know what I mean.

Personally for me after the Lucio rework and D.Va becoming a DM bot, Overwatch was just fine and even then Ana wasn't in such a bad spot (she could've and still could use a buff or two but that's about it). I think things started going downhill when Junkrat got buffed before Mercy got the rework.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,346
    The problem is Blizzard's hamfisted way of overemphasizing DPS because of eSports. They quit balancing this game as an objective-based class shooter to make a "omg, look at how many people I killed by pressing Q!" simulator. Blizzard needs to do something to make the gameplay of tanking/healing more engaging for players, or at least add more of those heroes so the category has more variety.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.

Yeah, let's go back to a game where 3/4 of the heroes are useless and only Ana and tanks are viable.
    Honestly the game is currently more balanced than it has been in the past. I've seen all kinds of offense, defense and tank heroes used in comp games in S6. Name a hero that you couldn't play in the current meta? Even Bastion starts getting played more and more. Supports are really the only issue, because Mercy is so overwhelmingly powerful and good at everything it's dumb to play something else over her.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,423
    edited October 8
    tried rb6 siege to get away from overwatch toxicity and incompetence

its 10 times worse fml
    Bounced up and down from 2602 to 2594.

Climbing to Diamond is going to be a lot tougher than I thought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file