Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,560
    edited October 9
    Last night:

- Switched off healer after a toxic Symmetra bashes everyone despite not even doing much himself, and he threatens to find me on Facebook, rape my mother, and some other bullshit. I didn't want to be bothered with the task after the first point was taken, and someone else took over. Guy then switches to Hanzo. We lose 3-4.
    - Game disconnects on me as I was the solo healer and I lose 60 SR because I couldn't sign back in.

Today:
    _ Just barely at the final point in King's Row as Sombra and translocates a second too late and we lose 2-3.
    - Three times in a row, someone on the enemy team keep bailing and thus the matches were canceled.
    - Last two games everyone gets tilted and no one communicates. Dropped down to 2467.

Almost every game I've played was nothing but toxicity and losses.
    Post edited by Dramatix on
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,951
    Dramatix wrote: »
    Last night:

- Switched off healer after a toxic Symmetra bashes everyone despite not even doing much himself, and he threatens to find me on Facebook, rape my mother, and some other bullshit. I didn't want to be bothered with the task after the first point was taken, and someone else took over. Guy then switches to Hanzo. We lose 3-4.
    - Game disconnects on me as I was the solo healer and I lose 60 SR because I couldn't sign back in.

Today:
    _ Just barely at the final point in King's Row as Sombra and translocates a second too late and we lose 2-3.
    - Three times in a row, someone on the enemy team keep bailing and thus the matches were canceled.
    - Last two games everyone gets tilted and no one communicates. Dropped down to 2467.

Almost every game I've played was nothing but toxicity and losses.

R E P O R T S Y S T E M B O Y Z
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,047
    delete_me wrote: »
    tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao3_500.png

My body is ready.

Jesusbus H. Christ, Blizzard!! DAT SYMMETRA!!

Time to grind!!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,358
    You can't can't block or mute people on PC? I just mute the dicks(and squeakers) on voice chat.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,859
    That would suck if you can't. On PS4, I just mute the stupid COD kids or whatever without any remorse over it, lol.
    Oh no, I reported, muted, and block the dude after we lost the first round. As of now, I'm just annoyed with how I'm declining at 200 SR and trying to figure out how can I switch it up hero-wise to get out of Platinum.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,769
    Vhozite wrote: »
    You can't can't block or mute people on PC? I just mute the dicks(and squeakers) on voice chat.

We can. Isn't Dramatix on console though?
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)

What? What's that?
    I mean that we can mute and block anyone both in voice and text chat. But I thought you were replying to Dramatix's post who is a console player.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet

Yep. Console finally got report and block options not too long ago.
    edited October 10
    With his Cthulhu skin Zen's voiceline during ult is "EXPERIENCE... NOTHINGNESS".
    I didn't particularly want that skin but now I need it.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    edited October 10
    Wtf are the spawns in Deathmatch? I killed this dude and he spawned around the corner behind me not 12 meters away. Killed me so fast the kill cam actually showed me killing him, his respawn and dash to my now turned back.

Got killed two steps after spawn because it spawned me a stones throw from junkrat AFTER he just popped ult.
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,126
    Junkenstein Endless is pretty hard.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
    edited October 10
    I made it up to bonus wave 13 on normal I think. Having Torb+Zen really helps.
    I don't think I'll try the harder difficulties though.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    edited October 11
    I was tired of the event after about an hour. Not a fan of bullet sponge enemies and I really don't care for the hero selection.
    Is the Halloween stuff out already!?

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,320
    It is here.
    After 2 regular loot boxes, I grinded for 6 event boxes. Need to play three more games and I'm done for the week until the reset. May play the other modes for extra ones.

Honestly, I'm aiming for the Sym, Ana, Mercy and Zen skins.
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,126
    Got Ana's skin yesterday. I love getting the skins I want on the first day. ^_^

After 30 hours of Sym I don't like the character anymore, so I don't care about the dragon skin. Still a good skin though.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
    CHIEfy wrote: »
    Got Ana's skin yesterday. I love getting the skins I want on the first day. ^_^

After 30 hours of Sym I don't like the character anymore, so I don't care about the dragon skin. Still a good skin though.

I'm glad you got your skins right off the bat because usually around this time, I just get sprays, voice lines, other basic skins and even non-event legendaries...for characters I don't use. The anniversary event really tried to make Bastion happen.
    Funny enough events are when I start getting the best non-event shit.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,918
    Glad to see Zarya finally got a decent skin. 80's Zarya looks dope. But it would've been god like had she got a ghostbusters skin
    edited October 12
    Opened eight event boxes. So far got a bunch of voicelines, icons, the Sombra victory pose, and the Torb viking skin.
    edited October 12
    I got 4 event legendaries out of boxes (Reaper, Cree, Ana, Mei) and bough Zen's. I have the cash to buy one more.
    btw if you don't already know 2016 victory poses won't drop in lootboxes except for Reaper's, so if you want to collect them you have to spend cash.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    Got McCree's Van Helsing skin. That I can settle for.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    Got symms skin in my free lootbox and I'll never use it. Bought zen's....ands it's the best skin in the game.
    I'm absolutely loving this event!!

Though, loot crate grind has been dry on new skins!

Got Roadhog's Halloween skin, and I need about 200+ credits to outright buy witch Mercy skin, and True Blood Symmetra from last year's event.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,315
    I got 80s Zarya in my first lootbox. Thank you RNG gods.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I'm trying to do endless Junkenstein on expert to get the cute Mercy spray but it's hard AF. Each time we get to bonus wave 2 everyone dies to triple shield gen + triple symm or we can't just hold back the zomnics anymore. Screw the guys who decided to put Symm in this PvE.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    Satsui No Hado Boss Symmetra is an absolute beast in the higher difficulties for Junkenstein PVE!!

Finally got the Mercy spray as well as the two sprays for no door damage. We did it with a Zen/Torb/McCree/Soldier comp. The trick is having Soldier helix jump to the ledge where Junkenstein spawns before the beginning of wave 6 and destroy immediately shield gens while keeping Symm busy with him. When you're at bonus wave 4 you can basically just run around and shoot zomnics while surviving as much as possible. Focusing bosses is a waste of time as the most important thing is keeping the door up and surviving. Once you hit bonus wave 5 you can just die.
    At this point I might as well try on legendary, it's the only spray I'm missing.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 212
    Dropped from 2800 to 2250 in two days due to some really dumb teammates and a bunch of leavers (who do you lose points for that again?).

I have honestly no idea how to climb out of Gold again. I mean technically everyone should be equally bad but for some reason my teams continue to be the worst. I can pick Torbjörn on attack and won't even get hatemail because people just have no idea how bad a pick this is.

I think I'll just grind XP and forget about the points for the rest of this season.
    My advice:
    1. instalock a hero you can carry with. At that rank Pharah or even Symm should be ez because they can't deal with you. Or any hero you like or are good with, really.
    2. don't play in the afternoon or evening since that's when the kids play (even more if you're on console). Play later at night or morning/early afternoon when you can.
    3. stop playing comp if you lose too many games in a row, because it means it's a bad time to queue, you're tilted, or both.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    Shit advice,

if you're solo queuing it's just a dice roll. Find someone that can fill roles you don't play. I like finding myself a healslut so I know we've always got a main supp.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    Froztey wrote: »
    Shit advice,

if you're solo queuing it's just a dice roll. Find someone that can fill roles you don't play. I like finding myself a healslut so I know we've always got a main supp.

I find whenever I DPS we mostly win, but when our team decides to instalock 3 DPS we usually lose. Some games I'll go 4th DPS if we're still losing and I've turned it around several times. Play what you're best at.
    Either way I've been about to hit plat more times than I can count and then my dice roll is snake eyes. If I had a more stable schedule and so did my friends, I'd duo or triple queue. I play so little nowadays...can only handle solo queue for like two games at a time now.
    I don't believe in the dice roll. If you know what you're doing and you keep the right mindset you can definitely keep 60+% winrates and climb in soloQ, because you're guaranteed to have at least one good player in your team. If you can't you probably belong to your rank.
    Also duo queueing with Mercy (which is kinda pointless in current season) won't really save you from throwers or leavers.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My advice is just shoot zomnics always a good time.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,918
    I've been climbing as winston. Climbed from 2067 to currently 2296. Only games I've lost are games where I'm playing with complete potatoes for teammates. For example I had a game where there was a party of three who all went DPS. I went Rein another went Mercy and someone went Ana.
    We were on Attack anubis and we only managed one good push in which I killed 3 enemies before dying, but the push failed. Towards the end of the round I see I have gold damage and elims with only 1050 damage and 3 elims. I let the team know this and one dude in the 3 stack says "Gold medals don't mean nothing dude, you're not carrying" I tell him it does mean that you guys as DPS aren't doing your jobs if the Tank is out performing you at your role. He and his party left voice chat and we proceeded to lose.

Then in the next game on attack Holly wood. One of the dudes from that game went Dva to help me as Winston, while that same 3 stack was on the other team and we fucking rekt them. So sometimes you really just have teams you can't win with. But that's OK. You just have to make sure to win most of the games that are winnable. And I've been able to do this as Winston for the most part while flexing sometimes.

Winston is just so versatile with his only draw back being his weak damage. So problematic enemies such as Bastion. he is dependent on the team to not be morons in dealing with him since Winston himself can't handle it. But as long as I do my job and pic off Supports or harass scan DPS and Genji. I have an impact. Also I've maximized my damage output with Winston by mastering the punch landing combo. It was a game changer. Just upon initial landing I've deal 100 damage. I've sometimes killed low health enemies with the combo upon landing.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,315
    I used gold to get Pirate Ana and Cthulhu Zen. I'm going to luck it out to get Mei's skin. I hope to earn enough gold by the end of the month to get Junkrat and How's Halloween skins.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger