Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,088
    The problem with Overwatch is twofold:

- People
    - Other people.

There's actually very little they can do to change the fact that shit happens. So they have all these crazy bans for fucking playing a character? Spamming voice lines? Saying bad words like you can't be muted?

The community takes itself and the game too seriously.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,739
    Same here, i only play with my friends and that is it.
    Comp is really jokes specailly playing it with randoms.
    And the whole thing they are trying to police how pople play or behave in the game is just idiotic. But hey, esports #shrugs
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,824
    If I'm 'angry enough', fine.

just keep your one trick ass out of ranked and shut up
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,520
    Lol niggas take the game way too serious. Niggas need to relax and stop caring so much. It's a fucking video game.

Been getting people raging in QP lol.
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Lol niggas take the game way too serious. Niggas need to relax and stop caring so much. It's a fucking video game.

People only care in ranked or at least they should. Quick play is just a practice arena that you can leave without getting penalized.

Of course people are gonna take something serious when it's ranked, wtf.
    CRYING
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,520
    edited November 13
    Jack_Frost wrote: »

People only care in ranked or at least they should. Quick play is just a practice arena that you can leave without getting penalized.

I mean but there should still be a limit. You win in ranked and get some imaginary points and and icon by your user name. Who tf cares. The overwhelming majority of the playerbase ain't good enough to go pro so that's all they'll be getting.

I'm competitive as hell so I really get it. But it ain't all that.

But yeah the people who rage in QP are hilarious.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,719 mod
    If you go into competitive without a competitive mindset then yes, you should be banned.

One tricking is you being a cunt in a competitive environment, to put it shortly.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Froztey wrote: »
    If you go into competitive without a competitive mindset then yes, you should be banned.

One tricking is you being a cunt in a competitive environment, to put it shortly.

If you were so competitive you'd adjust instead of complaining.

YouTube.com/Kalyx

Yeah let US adjust since you want to keep playing attack torb against a team that probably has 3-4 counters against you. Let us be competitive and adjust but not you. Holy shit
    CRYING

I mean but there should still be a limit. You win in ranked and get some imaginary points and and icon by your user name. Who tf cares. The overwhelming majority of the playerbase ain't good enough to go pro so that's all they'll be getting.

I'm competitive as hell so I really get it. But it ain't all that.

But yeah the people who rage in QP are hilarious.

People in top 500 pc can definitely go pro. Idk what you're getting that from. That's like saying top players on fighting games can't be pro.
    CRYING

You're proving my point by saying adjustment is necessary.

One tricks aren't in the competitive mode with a competitive mindset, and I'm cool with banning people who do that. A competitive mode SHOULD be strict to create an environment where everybody is in it to win it, and understands the games design philosophy requires adjustments.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,926
    If you want to have teammate who play more than one character, group up with other people, and play together.

If someone has paid for the game, and wants to play competitively with their chosen character then let them.

This only works underneath diamond. At Master+ the more people in your group, the more likely you are to get matched against a pro team. And if you aren't a pro team with with extreme coordination you will lose every single time. Especially since he game will just give you a 5 minute matchmake and have you play them again until one of your groups stops playing.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,739

Will be there a day were you post something that doesn't drop the iq of those who had the disgrace to read your shit?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,886

Yeah let US adjust since you want to keep playing attack torb against a team that probably has 3-4 counters against you. Let us be competitive and adjust but not you. Holy shit

If you don't you're doing exactly the same thing you're blaming the Torb for.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,581
    edited November 13
    Neesa wrote: »
    I dunno what it is about this season.... but holy shit is it bad.

Even doing my placements with GMs, insta-lock 4DPS, including an attack Torb.

God, this game is fuckin' atrocious. They make no sort of good incentive to play comp and take it seriously.

7 seasons and bitches still don't know how to create a decent comp. Attack Torbs and Syms I don't mind if they made it work and actually do something, but if it's not working then they should switch.
    Post edited by Dramatix on
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."

Who's side are you on here?

Enemy team has sym, winston, dva, Mei shutting our genji the fuck down but my team has to change since our genji won't?

HA

HAHAHAHAHA

Junkrat and tracer and reaper don't want to change to get phara, shit looks like our only healer and/or tanks needs to be 4th dps soldier to make things better.

HA

HA HA HA HA HA
    CRYING
    Hecatom wrote: »

Will be there a day were you post something that doesn't drop the iq of those who had the disgrace to read your shit?

Mad one tricks can stay mad, I could care less.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    edited November 13

snip

I'm just pointing out that you can't complain about people not adapting when you refuse to do it yourself.
    In the first example you could've switched to Reaper or Hog and taken care of all the Genji counters you mentioned, or even Pharah to destroy half of them.
    In the second example you could've gone D.va and prevented Pharah from doing anything.
    This is a 6v6 game and there's always counters to any counters. Complaining about others not adapting or switching and not doing it when needed is just being a hypocrit.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet

snip

I'm just pointing out that you can't complain about people not adapting when you refuse to do it yourself.
    In the first example you could've switched to Reaper or Hog and taken care of all the Genji counters you mentioned, or even Pharah to destroy half of them.
    In the second example you could've gone D.va and prevented Pharah from doing anything.
    This is a 6v6 game and there's always counters to any counters. Complaining about others not adapting or switching and not doing it when needed is just being a hypocrit.

Reaper or hog isn't going to counter 4 of them at once lmao especially hog

Damn, now our tank(might be the only one) has to counter pharah

You're going against one tricks but in the same breath defending them. You don't know what you want
    CRYING
    ??? I'm not against one tricks. I'd rather have a Torb/Symm/Bastion/whatever one trick in my team than healer/tank mains that want to go dps for the lulz, because at least they fucking know what to do with their heroes.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    I'm getting people post confused I believe luls
    CRYING
    edited November 13
    "My team should work around ME because I make Torb WORK on first point attack Anubis.

These idiots wouldn't know how to handle my Torb if I were on the other team!

Work around me, I paid for this game so all of you can flex instead!"

WHY AM I BANNED FOR BEING A ONE TRICK?? BLIZZARD SO DUMB YOUR COMP MODE IS SO BAD I'M STUCK IN SR HELL MY TORB IS FUCKING LEGIT CHECK OUT THIS SWEET CLIP OF A BACKDOOR SYMMETRA TELEPORTER IT'S A LEGIT STRAT D:

This game makes a step to make the matchmaking more bearable and you act like just because you paid for the game you get to destroy the competitive mode for it. Everyone paid for it, dipshits. Large majority of comp players jump into the mode expecting to do what they can for the team to win.

Have a small hero pool/a singular hero you can play? Comp isn't for you without a 6-stack to facilitate your linearity. Learn your roles, expand your skillset. That's how you'll rank up without people to support your poor character variety. This shits easily bannable without any form of role queue to structure the matchmaker. For every one trick that gets banned I feel slightly happier inside. You make this game painful to take seriously. Maining Mercy in comp should be a lifetime ban, you have no souls.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,516
    Just because you main something doesn't mean you can't play something else.

I don't main Reaper but I'm pretty good on him. If for whatever reason the whole team wants to go tanks and support I can pull him out.

Some characters are also just good for pub stomping. Like if you're a Master in a lobby of Silvers and Golds there is no reason not to just pull out a Reaper or a Genji and go beastmode on them.

Bish I wouldn't do that if I knew I'd have no synergy. Then again; attack Torb can be terrifying if the team builds around that. One time we had this kid who was like Bastion's biggest fan or some shit and had on attack. Didn't switch not once. It was almost endearing how the fucker would run around killing not a damn thing for two minutes.

Know what I did? I took my Dva (current main this season), and decided to defense matrix whenever he got attention. Babysitting? Yeah, not exactly how I'd wanna play. We pushed dat shit, tho, and won. I read the situation and adjusted.

As buddy above said, everybody's viable. It's just how you choose to synergize. I'd go as far as to say you look silly even dissing certain characters on attack on defense, which seems uniquely American to do. Every other country rocking wild comps and we're playing with our dicks like 'how do they do that?' 'What a shocking comp wow.' They're just synergizing and we're being tier whores.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985
    Yeah a comp like that is just begging to get fucked by a well placed Ice wall or EMP. Especially the EMP. Sombra single handily tells that entire comp to get fucked. Provided her teammates aren't potatoes or pussies and press that advantage.
    "My team should work around ME because I make Torb WORK on first point attack Anubis.

These idiots wouldn't know how to handle my Torb if I were on the other team!

Work around me, I paid for this game so all of you can flex instead!"

WHY AM I BANNED FOR BEING A ONE TRICK?? BLIZZARD SO DUMB YOUR COMP MODE IS SO BAD I'M STUCK IN SR HELL MY TORB IS FUCKING LEGIT CHECK OUT THIS SWEET CLIP OF A BACKDOOR SYMMETRA TELEPORTER IT'S A LEGIT STRAT D:

This game makes a step to make the matchmaking more bearable and you act like just because you paid for the game you get to destroy the competitive mode for it. Everyone paid for it, dipshits. Large majority of comp players jump into the mode expecting to do what they can for the team to win.

Have a small hero pool/a singular hero you can play? Comp isn't for you without a 6-stack to facilitate your linearity. Learn your roles, expand your skillset. That's how you'll rank up without people to support your poor character variety. This shits easily bannable without any form of role queue to structure the matchmaker. For every one trick that gets banned I feel slightly happier inside. You make this game painful to take seriously. Maining Mercy in comp should be a lifetime ban, you have no souls.

That right there sums up my beef with one tricks. And those who defend them usually say something along the lines of "work around them or build around their pick" Basically saying one tricks get to dictate the team, and should someone pick the character that player one tricks. You either hand that character over or basically play a 5v6. And if there are multiple one tricks of the same hero on the same team. Well you basically auto lose. That kind of selfishness should not be encouraged nor enabled in what is suppose to be a team based game.

Having mains is good. One tricking with absolutely no flex at all? Yeah something needs to be done about that. I think banning is a bit extreme, but do something to encourage players to flex a little.
    edited November 14

Bro, nobody gives a shit about what you think competitive is or should be. You aren't making the rules of OW and if I'm ranking up by playing only one hero it means I know how to play the game better than you do with your pool of 5/10/50 heroes.
    They aren't gonna ban one tricking today or tomorrow because it's retarded. You can't ban people for being good at the game and climbing the ladder with the only hero they play. If they did half of the community would stop playing and watching streams of their favorite heroes.
    And today you might be happy because they ban a one trick, but tomorrow you'll whine again because you'll have to play Mercy/Rein/Soldier every game instead of heroes you actually enjoy playing. And honestly, if you paid 40 or 60 bucks for a video game you don't enjoy playing you're an idiot.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Having mains is good. One tricking with absolutely no flex at all? Yeah something needs to be done about that. I think banning is a bit extreme, but do something to encourage players to flex a little.

Literally the only thing you could do to encourage flexing would be to scrap performance based SR altogether. But you would be delusional if you think that would stop one tricking or off meta picks, as many heroes with low pickrates already suffer from low SR gains anyway.
    If you don't want people to play Torb or Symm on attack then just remove those heroes or lock them when you're not on 1st point defense. When you'll have only 6 heroes to select from at any given moment then the whole one trick issue will be solved.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    It's not that I think one tricks are dictating the team, but the fact remains:

At the end of the day all you got is daddy jeff banning people for playing a certain character. It's a majority rule mentality that will not improve the community. At all. If the game was F2P then yeah I could see that since it's basically tantaount to getting into a street ball game where it's implied that you jive with what you're walking into. But if it was noted at launch that "Hey, if you're a specialist of some sort you will be banned for that SOME games, but perhaps a hero in others. Depends on who you're matched with, goodluck."

I don't think this game would be where it is now if that was made clear from the start. Imagine any other shooter where having a certain loadout would be a legit bannable offense. Competitive philosophy aside, that's just an absurd regulation.

Shit, the person could switch then you still lose cause he was probably a specialist for a reason. Then what? Ban people for not playing a character well enough? At this rate that might be a thing. Afterall, if you're matched with a one trick in the first place then he's in your skill range to begin with. He didn't trip and fall into your team. You belong with the people you're matched with generally speaking.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    I can play Soldier and Lucio (or Ana). That's about it.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,150
    I’ll accept Torb/Sym locking when draws are settled by a Sudden Death Mystery Heroes round.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    I stick to tanks, Mercy and Lucio with the occasional Reaper and Junkrat.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    When I play, I play Rein and Mercy. Suck my dick if you don't like it.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 14
    Honestly I am not down for the banning of one tricks, they exist in MOBA's as well and yes it is frustrating but they really are not doing anything wrong. It gets to be a pretty damn blurry line you cross when you do that, especially for the reason Blizzard is giving.

I am also down for getting rid of MMR entirely in an FPS, it is a bullshit concept and SBMM is a fucking cancer. Blizzard also made a FPS that you are supposed to use teamwork and teams with but punishes you in ranked for doing so, the whole system is backwards.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,516
    A lot of GM players do flex. Individual skill on a character is relevant but team comp is huge in OW.

Take that Rein/Orisa/Bastion ball. If you can't adapt to that it will murder your team.

Same if you've got a low damage comp like builders/Genji/snipers on defence and they decide they're going to go Meat Wall. Rein/D.va/Zarya/Winston/Hog/Lucio is a beatable comp, but not if you're number 1. Hanzo main and can't flex.