Blizzard Overwatch

1306308310311312

Comments

  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    lol I imagine he will que up with another team next match. It's not hard to do.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    lol I imagine he will que up with another team next match. It's not hard to do.

    Is that suppose to negate what I said about someone not healing him?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Yea, he'll find a healer on the new team.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Yea, he'll find a healer on the new team.



    ... So that's suppose to make up for last game?

    What if the new healer does the same or there isn't a healer?

    Do you even overwatch?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    I OW from time to time. Who cares about an old and gone game, got this new game to play now, not worried about the dude who didnt heal last game.

    I'm not interested in responding to "what if" positions. What if the game dies next week due to Blizz dumbassery? We can "what if" all day long, huge waste of time.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Lol you must be a one trick also
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Lol you must be a one trick also
    You must not read because I've already said I play Healers and Tanks. I'll add that I play some Beastwood 76 and Sombra on the side.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,537
    Blizzard need to step in and do something more than punishing people for picking characters. Yes people can be cooperative and understand that in comp you need to be but giving people a choice without actually enforcing any kind of guidelines isn't a great way of managing things.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Lol you must be a one trick also
    You must not read because I've already said I play Healers and Tanks. I'll add that I play some Beastwood 76 and Sombra on the side.

    If I saw that I wouldn't of asked if you play overwatch -_-
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Well there you go then. I play OW from time to time. I dont play as much anymore cuz I really dislike the constant changing nature of the game, I prefer a more static enviroment, this game changes far too much far too often to be a reliably fun experience imo.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,103
    edited November 15
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Blizzard need to step in and do something more than punishing people for picking characters. Yes people can be cooperative and understand that in comp you need to be but giving people a choice without actually enforcing any kind of guidelines isn't a great way of managing things.

    It's a hard sell punishing people for playing what they want. Meta pick, not optimal, troll pick, blah. Its a slippery slope I know Blizz won't (and shouldn't) take harder stance.

    If they did though, it would blow and they'd just revert it back. Punishments won't fix this issue. And honestly I personally don't think it's an issue.

    My most used is Zenyatta then Hanzo. Peeps get triggered constantly when I Hanzo until I'm dropping fools like nobodies business. Unless someone is straight up feeding or being toxic they should be able to play what they want. Don't like it? Stop going into solo que.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I think that the problem is that people are taking i more seriously than it needs to be.

    Absolutely inconceivable that people are taking a competitive mode seriously.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    edited November 15
    Froztey wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I think that the problem is that people are taking i more seriously than it needs to be.

    Absolutely inconceivable that people are taking a competitive mode seriously.

    No we all take it serious to a degree.

    What he means is this comical nonsense where a guy can't fathom the idea that we don't care if a player doesn't heal us. The fact we'd just move on blew his mind.

    That. That is guy who probably takes the game too seriously.

    We chillin over here.

    Oh no someone is annoyed that their competitive game got thrown by one person, it's alright though, they brought the game.

    That's ludicrous. He must be some sort of idiot trying to find a competitive match in competitive xd.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Wonder what blizzard would do to someone who plays only using melee in comp.


    "they bought the game they can play how they want"


    overwatch should of been free to play so that excuse doesnt work
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    "I downloaded it, I'll play however I want." :rofl:
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,110
    Consider that you guys can't seem to make a case without a strawman about people throwing the game.

    None of us were defending throwers or any griefing shenanigans. We're very clearly pointing out a) banning people for picking a character is commercially inethical and b) it really really ain't that serious.

    And if it is that serious, stack up.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    edited November 15
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    BTW, is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.
    If you idiots keep getting annoyed because some random is ruining your fun because he doesn't play by your rules the solution is simple, STOP PLAYING WITH RANDOMS.
    Is not that hard :rofl:

    Edit

    Also, taking any kind of online ranked game seriously is just :rofl:

    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    My point was about throwing from the getgo, and the mindset of the majority you meet where the dictation of the team and the entire match is forced by them, regardless of teams inability to facilitate that. Also the issues that arise when there are multiple of them in a team, and they may throw if their hero gets picked. This is a common occurrence for us, I'd say one in every 6 games has someone like this. We do play kinda late in EU - around 11pm-2am, so it's around the time most civil people have turned the game off.

    Not every one trick has the mindset of the majority of one tricks I meet, but when you're nice enough to switch if it's not working you aren't "one tricking" at that point.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Froztey wrote: »
    My point was about throwing from the getgo, and the mindset of the majority you meet where the dictation of the team and the entire match is forced by them, regardless of teams inability to facilitate that. Also the issues that arise when there are multiple of them in a team, and they may throw if their hero gets picked. This is a common occurrence for us, I'd say one in every 6 games has someone like this. We do play kinda late in EU - around 11pm-2am, so it's around the time most civil people have turned the game off.

    Not every one trick has the mindset of the majority of one tricks I meet, but when you're nice enough to switch if it's not working you aren't "one tricking" at that point.

    So far your whole argument has been anything but what i am quoting right now.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    BTW, is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.
    If you idiots keep getting annoyed because some random is ruining your fun because he doesn't play by your rules the solution is simple, STOP PLAYING WITH RANDOMS.
    Is not that hard :rofl:

    Edit

    Also, taking any kind of online ranked game seriously is just :rofl:

    It's already been stated why 6 stacking is bad, please leave the thread and go work on your 108 hour hanzo
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    BTW, is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.
    If you idiots keep getting annoyed because some random is ruining your fun because he doesn't play by your rules the solution is simple, STOP PLAYING WITH RANDOMS.
    Is not that hard :rofl:

    Edit

    Also, taking any kind of online ranked game seriously is just :rofl:

    You try and get 5 friends on simultaneously and have all 5 want to play Overwatch at the same time.

    We have 6 stacked, multiple times on many days. The issue with that is that we're all differing skill levels. Some of us are Dia, some are plat, one was gold, and one was master. When we queued, games were terrible because we were put against other six stacks comprised of mainly master players, and some of our less skilled friends did their best, but ultimately we couldn't make up for the gap.

    Thanks for the fantastic answer though all I need is a 6 stack every time I play.

    You're a fucking idiot.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,110
    You guys gonna keep pretending you can't insta-stack off the post match screen? Because you can. Staying with three or four guys will reduce the chance of getting a clown.

    And if long load times bother you then I would contend that SR isn't that serious to you. And holy shit at you guys mocking the concept that buying something avails you freedom to do things. Yeah I brought the game, I'm gonna pick who I want. I'll do that and still play to win.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    edited November 15
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    i am so stupid i cant read
    Froztey wrote: »
    aparently reading is not an skill needed to be a mod on SRK.

    Here i highlighted it for you this time
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    And again
    Hecatom wrote: »
    is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.

    Man, both of you are such sad clowns :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    You got people on one side who just wanna play a singular hero every game and people who want to make the best compositions possible to win a match.

    I don't think every composition can win, and games can be lost at your hero selection screen either through people tilting, or just picking into the same role 5 times over. I definitely think there's room for differing compositions, but the classic 5DPS-1TANK is not a viable composition.

    You paid for the game, do your thing. I personally don't believe that mindset belongs in competitive when one of the main gameplay elements is hero switching and there are 5 other people you're giving hassle to just because you're a special snowflake but power to you for having that one-trick pride I guess. I'm gonna keep reporting, hoping that these people get banned for having terrible cooperation with their teams.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    i am so stupid i cant read
    Froztey wrote: »
    aparently reading is not an skill needed to be a mod on SRK.

    Here i highlighted it for you this time
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    And again
    Hecatom wrote: »
    is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.

    Man, both of you are such sad clowns :rofl:

    Why did blizzard give you the option to change character in game?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    i am so stupid i cant read
    Froztey wrote: »
    aparently reading is not an skill needed to be a mod on SRK.

    Here i highlighted it for you this time
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    And again
    Hecatom wrote: »
    is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.

    Man, both of you are such sad clowns :rofl:

    Why did blizzard give you the option to change character in game?

    Key word here is OPTION.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    Then I hope you will be happy when the game dies. Your community already has the rep of being nothing but toxic assholes who treat people like shit. Guess you might as well live up to it *shrug*

    I rarely play, I'd hardly classify myself as part of the community. And I don't treat people like shit, that's a steep generalisation. Wanting good games and being toxic - big difference. I just like having my competitive environments feel competitive, which is why I spend more time on games with coherent matchmaking when I want to sink my teeth into something where everyone wants to win.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    You're making an assumption that people who one trick don't want to win. That's the whole problem with the debate.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    edited November 15
    You're making an assumption that people who one trick don't want to win. That's the whole problem with the debate.

    When there are 5 people telling one person that they can't facilitate their pick - yes. That loses games, and shows one persons inability to work as a team. And sometimes the situation could be reversed, a team not giving a one trick an opportunity to be worked around, but I'm not the type to flame someone before it's shown to not be working. I might nudge the comp so that we have a minimum of one of each role, but that's about it.

    It's only really prevalent with niche pick one tricks, primarily Torb and Bastion. Some people just can't work around that strategy, and someone's refusal to switch off of the "it's this or nothing" mentality most definitely loses games.

    When you're a one-trick of a hero that fits into comps very easily, you'll rarely run into these issues unless that person has the "give me this hero or I throw" mindset.

    My point lies in this issue stemming from one tricks, you don't see regular mains refusing to switch if there's a reason for it. Being a one trick by definition means you aren't willing to cooperate with your team should your chosen one trick not work out. And that's an issue in a game that relies heavily on the teams ability to work together.
    Post edited by Froztey on
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,110
    Sorry to burst your bubble but teams don't lose because of one dude as much as they think is the case.

    If five guys are on point, and one guy has a strange pick but he's still playing normally, you can win.

    Unless you wanna tell me every victory you had was with a 'meta' composition, which would be bullshit.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    i am so stupid i cant read
    Froztey wrote: »
    aparently reading is not an skill needed to be a mod on SRK.

    Here i highlighted it for you this time
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    And again
    Hecatom wrote: »
    is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.

    Man, both of you are such sad clowns :rofl:

    Why did blizzard give you the option to change character in game?

    Key word here is OPTION.

    So why did they do that?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    Sorry to burst your bubble but teams don't lose because of one dude as much as they think is the case.

    If five guys are on point, and one guy has a strange pick but he's still playing normally, you can win.

    Unless you wanna tell me every victory you had was with a 'meta' composition, which would be bullshit.

    Never said that, never insinuated that and I also never said you can't win with off-meta.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,110
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    i am so stupid i cant read
    Froztey wrote: »
    aparently reading is not an skill needed to be a mod on SRK.

    Here i highlighted it for you this time
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    And again
    Hecatom wrote: »
    is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.

    Man, both of you are such sad clowns :rofl:

    Why did blizzard give you the option to change character in game?

    Key word here is OPTION.

    So why did they do that?

    Same reason you can switch loadouts in most FPS games.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    edited November 15
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    i am so stupid i cant read
    Froztey wrote: »
    aparently reading is not an skill needed to be a mod on SRK.

    Here i highlighted it for you this time
    Hecatom wrote: »
    What people should be asking is for the removal of anything that is actually intrusive on jumping into competitive play with your team so you aren't forced to play with randoms; Instead of trying to police how other people play or enjoy their game.

    And again
    Hecatom wrote: »
    is nice that Froztey and Jack_Frost keep confirming why they are assffinity tier posters.

    Man, both of you are such sad clowns :rofl:

    Why did blizzard give you the option to change character in game?

    Key word here is OPTION.

    So why did they do that?

    Same reason you can switch loadouts in most FPS games.

    Which is? (besides a reach lol)
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,837
    Jeff Kaplan at blizzcon last year

    "This week, Blizzard announced that its next game, the hero-focused shooter Overwatch, wasn't going to be a free-to-play game. That Blizzard would pursue the business model that it employed with Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm was a widely held assumption. But game director Jeff Kaplan said there's a good reason Blizzard is releasing Overwatch as a full-priced game.


    "We really made the decision on the business model based on what we thought was right for the gameplay," Kaplan told Polygon in an interview at BlizzCon. "If you've played a lot of Overwatch, you know that hero-switching [mid-match] is a core part of it — it's a really fun dynamic part. The difference maker between ... Overwatch and other games is the fluidity in the team compositions and matching what the other team's doing.


    @hecatom please stay in the dbz thread and cry about why goku is struggling against everyone in super saiyan blue kk26948
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING