Blizzard Overwatch

1311312314316317

Comments

  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,849
    The problem with Overwatch is twofold:

    - People
    - Other people.

    There's actually very little they can do to change the fact that shit happens. So they have all these crazy bans for fucking playing a character? Spamming voice lines? Saying bad words like you can't be muted?

    The community takes itself and the game too seriously.

    I've been chat banned a dozen times in this game so far, and just for basic shit. Not even shit talking or swearing. Telling people to do common sense things (like when a guy refuses to stay on the point or guard a location, you call him out, instead of just accepting it or putting you on mute, he reports you for communications). Then I have to play comp without the ability to communicate AT ALL, fucking over my teammates, all because some fucking idiot couldn't just mute me or accept he fucked up. Chat bans shouldn't exist in this game. If you can report somebody, you can mute them, simple as that.

    My biggest gripe is the medal system. People seem to gravitate to that HARD, especially with character roles. I had to give up on playing Sombra because too many idiots would complain that I didn't have gold damage/kills, because that is apparently all that matters as a DPS. Hacking health kits and important members of their team like Rein or D.Va or Mercy? Useless, because I didn't do max damage like Pharah.

    so many players in OW don't seem to understand the different value being brought to the table by various heroes. I have had games back in the mass rez meta where i was the only dps on my team targeting mercy and often times trading myself out to kill her, but would then get called out for not being more involved in a team fight going down on point... like that wouldn't have meant shit if i didn't break off to get mercy. Shit if they see a hero on the other team that's a counter to yours, it doesn't matter how much value your getting, "they are countering you, why don't you swap!?"
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    It's true, people tend to look at all sorts of wrong things for trying to measure stuff up. And even then, there's so much more to what characters and people can bring than you'd get just by looking at pure numbers.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,954
    edited November 30
    Well if you're gonna play DPS, people want you to........kill things. So if you don't have the numbers, you aren't justifying your pick. They need to move sombra to support. She doesn't justify a dps slot. She's a situational interference pick. Choke point? Emp, or get back line an hack the main tank/healers. Off meta build that is really reliant on abilities? Hack em and deny those abilities. Solo healing team with a bad solo healer? Hack the health packs so them losing is a matter of time.

    Sombra has decent damage output, but she's outdone by many characters. And as far as DPS does, she spends too much time not fighting for me to agree with her. Unfortunately the damage/kills are all that matters with DPS. Every class has a role, and every class expects the other to fulfill it. Healers heal. Tanks save lives by taking damage, and setting up team wipes. DPS/Defense is expected to consistently put down members of the enemy team. Sombras healthpack thing is a secondary function of her class. You don't overlook a soldier with bad aim because his first aid placement is on point. You don't overlook Mercy having less healing than Lucio because she keeps rezzing the tank. You don't overlook Junkrat keeping Zarya charged because he keeps trapping Tracer. And you shouldn't overlook an inactive Sombra because she's hacking healthpacks. Especially since if you're running to heal rooms, you aren't with your team.

    As a DPS, Sombra hacking packs is a secondary feature. As a support however, it would be viewed as a primary objective. She'd be more valuable if she could create a healthpack spawn that only her team could use. Put it right on the doorway of a hard push or something and keep the tank alive. Put it on the payload/objective and make life easier for the healers.

    They should get rid of the medal system, at least during the game. Show the medals after the game, that way people don't get an ego when they should be coordinating with the team.

    Edit:and while they're at it they should move Hog to offense. He does nothing to protect his team as a tank. He's just a DPS with 600 health.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    There's a few other characters that can use a class swap. Sym should be a defense hero.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    @Jack_Frost (and others that might be interested) I opened a new thread in GD about Siege. I can't stop recommending that game to those who want to try a different class-based shooter where communication is ABSOLUTELY vital to win, especially in ranked.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
    Sombra Kalyx Update:

    New primary: Shotgun
    - Sombra needs to delete bitches in two shots.

    Hack buffs
    - Hack teammates to reduce their ability cool down.
    - Hacking turrents will not de-cloak you.
    - Hack effect lasts one second longer.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    I went to quickplay for the first time in months again becuase I'm trying out new heroes.

    I cannot believe how low this shit has sunk. Quickplay is just.....garbage. There is nothing of value in there at all.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,028
    I went to quickplay for the first time in months again becuase I'm trying out new heroes.

    I cannot believe how low this shit has sunk. Quickplay is just.....garbage. There is nothing of value in there at all.
    I went to quickplay for the first time in months again becuase I'm trying out new heroes.

    I cannot believe how low this shit has sunk. Quickplay is just.....garbage. There is nothing of value in there at all.

    I actually been going to free for all death match to learn DPS heroes. It's fun and really forces you to git gud at aiming
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    At this point FFA is just way better than quickplay to warm up if you play DPS and off-tanks. My Junkrat improved so much by playing it he's probably better than my Pharah now.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    Well I got 10 hours in this season so far, and this season is either get rolled or roll over the enemy team. This shit is getting so janky. Given i've actually been climbing but fuck.....what even is this game anymore.

  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,074 mod
    This is my last season with the game, the community and balancing choices are too much, I just get angry at the design of things when I play now.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
    edited December 2
    Today I probably got the most angry playing this game I've ever got over a game in ten years. No controller tossing or anything but I fucking texted my brother over it. Like 'Bro, these people are fucking shit bro'. Took a few replies before he even knew I was talking about OW.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,486
    Just make Sombra's Uzi do more damage and have a little less spread.

    The shotgun idea is really cool too though. Maybe keep her Uzi the same and just give her an alt-fire switch on the gun.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
    Skullboy wrote: »
    Just make Sombra's Uzi do more damage and have a little less spread.

    The shotgun idea is really cool too though. Maybe keep her Uzi the same and just give her an alt-fire switch on the gun.

    I just feel here's this character who can no-bullshit disappear for a good long while and NOBODY is afraid of her. It's like, 'oh look it's Sombra, hi Sombra, get deleted, #MAGA'.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,486
    Yeah. Her squishiness isn't proportional with her damage considering the class she's in.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

    Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    Well, I soldiered a few more games and climbed a good 120 SR so good game day overall.

    However, I fucking swear the better I generally get at this game(aim, tracking, positioning, etc.) the more I can't stand how people fucking lose in the stupidest ways possible. Earlier we lost a game in numbani because half my team would chase the other to spawn when we had basically won, get killed and out point gets capped. They did it for all 3 points. They were all on mic and communicating and all but even after I'd beg them to back up they wouldn't. The worst part is they were perplexed as to WHY we were losing.

    Fucking HELL. You have to wonder what the ratio or stupidity/stubbornness/shitty skill is that makes these players such trash.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,954
    Skullboy wrote: »
    Just make Sombra's Uzi do more damage and have a little less spread.

    The shotgun idea is really cool too though. Maybe keep her Uzi the same and just give her an alt-fire switch on the gun.

    I just feel here's this character who can no-bullshit disappear for a good long while and NOBODY is afraid of her. It's like, 'oh look it's Sombra, hi Sombra, get deleted, #MAGA'.

    Fighting Sombra is like fighting Eggman in Genesis era Sonic games. You can lose, but you know you probably won't. And once they get close to losing, they just run away and you know you won't see them for awhile. I think they should replace her translocator with a different ability. It makes Sombra too flowchart.

    Fight enemy: low on health? Yes. Is translocator near a hacked health pack? Yes. Recall.

    It happens every time. Half of her kit encourages running away from a fight, and it makes her predictable as hell. Whenever I fight Sombra I usually don't even go for the kill. I just get her low enough to scare her away.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    It happens every time. Half of her kit encourages running away from a fight, and it makes her predictable as hell. Whenever I fight Sombra I usually don't even go for the kill. I just get her low enough to scare her away.

    But that's what she wants. Take poke damage -> heal -> build EMP -> win team fights.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,028
    It happens every time. Half of her kit encourages running away from a fight, and it makes her predictable as hell. Whenever I fight Sombra I usually don't even go for the kill. I just get her low enough to scare her away.

    But that's what she wants. Take poke damage -> heal -> build EMP -> win team fights.

    And that's exactly why I've been working on my Mcree non stop. A good Sombra player cannot be ignored. They must be dealt with. Mcree stun into head and body shot means she's dead right then and there. No recall or ult charge for you bitch.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    Oh yeah, for sure. As a D.Va, I've had many instances where I'm calling out to people to "take care of the damn Sombra" because I have Ult and I'm about to clear/make people scatter off of the point, but nobody listens and tries to go after the Pharah or Soldier or something. So because nobody listens, I wind up trying to look for her, get flanked, get hacked, can't Ult, and it's goodbye to us getting the point, because 4 people would run around after a character that can get away from them no problem instead of keeping a lookout for the Sombra with EMP.

    The "hacking allies reduces cooldown" thing sounds potentially nice, but then you have to realize everybody would bitch like crazy over the impact on Rez it'd have, and how "when Ulting, Mercy would have zero cooldown for as many Rez's as she needs".
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    Sombra doesn't exist. I rarely see anyone use her, and when they so it never amounts to anything. I can only recall maybe 3 or 4 times max since she came out where APAGANDO TODAS LAS LUCES really fucked my team up. Otherwise she doesn't do jack shit.

    I'm a fan of the shotgun idea but maybe they can just reduce her spread a wee bit.
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,727
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    Vhozite wrote: »
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.

    But it's not everywhere

    Just overwatch
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    Being silenced actually hurts my teammates cause now I can't communicate with them. Good job blizzard you made a situation worse

    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,028
    edited December 2
    Vhozite wrote: »
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.

    I can't think of any other game with these kind of issues steming from the player base itself. Say what you will about games like COD. But at least they aren't completely dependent on teamwork. You can just do your part and win if or even carry. Or a game like Rainbox six seige, where the very nature of the game demands you play as a team and commuicate. Lone wolf carry heroics means instant death so no one is gonna try to make any plays without their team.

    Overwatch though? It is suppose to be a team game, but there's so many elements to it that encourage individuality and doing whatever you want to do that it conflicts with that.
    Post edited by BB_Hoody on
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    edited December 2
    I don't think they could reduce the individualism of the game without either drastically reducing the gun/ability diversity or disconnecting weapons and abilities from the heroes. As long as Roadhog is the only character with high tankiness, spam, crowd control and one shot potential you might have to play him even if you fucking hate him aesthetically, morally and gameplay wise.
    If they really want to maintain the hero diversity they created the only solution is to make every hero's toolkit viable in most situations instead of having half of the characters that are good everywhere and the other half that only shine in specific maps or comps.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,074 mod
    Junkrat makes silver players diamond it's actually hilarious
  • VGAddictVGAddict Joined: Posts: 105
    Is competitive Overwatch really as full of assholes as I've heard?
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,384
    imo, they should do to Competitive what they did to Quick Play: Rebrand the current system as "Ranked", and make Competitive proper REQUIRE people queue together. If this comes across as unfair, bear in mind that 6 strangers who don't know each other and may never see one another again is almost the opposite of a competitive environment. Being part of a real team requires coordination and some consistency as to who you're playing with. Throw in some networking features to help people who want to play but don't have a group find their place, and let the "MUH SR" guys go wank off to numbers in Ranked.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    VGAddict wrote: »
    Is competitive Overwatch really as full of assholes as I've heard?

    Not that much, at least in lower ranks or if you don't play "low tier" heroes. It's getting worse with the time though.

    A 6 stack queue would be a cool idea, but realistically speaking, most people just want to jump in a game whenever they want without having to wait to have 5 other players available. I definitely wouldn't like to have my entire group online every time I want to play comp.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    Vhozite wrote: »
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.

    I did, and that's how I climbed 1500 solo queuing. But I'm stuck in an elo hell of my own definition: I'm good enough that I always have impact on the game but not good enough that I can do what the better players tell you to do; ''carry yourself''. I'm simply not good enough to solo carry at high gold and therefore stuck in roulette mode. Nothing anyone can do about that, man.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
    edited December 3
    It happens every time. Half of her kit encourages running away from a fight, and it makes her predictable as hell. Whenever I fight Sombra I usually don't even go for the kill. I just get her low enough to scare her away.

    But that's what she wants. Take poke damage -> heal -> build EMP -> win team fights.

    That's clearly not what's happening in practice. What actually happens is poke > trans > heal > oh damn it would make more sense if I hacked a healthpack on 'our' side of the choke lol w/e > oh shit they found my hideout I'll just health sway until I win > finally I gots EMP > *EMP's two people, but team doesn't push cause they're respawning*

    That's not scary. And it's very hard to coordinate. Very few cases I've had where an EMP really fucked people over. She needs to be able to see if enemies have ults, hack her teammates into their Mayhem versions, improve her smg or get a SHOTGUN, and stay cloak during hacking.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    It's not Sombra's fault if her teammates are bad.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
    A curious take considering the last major controversy.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,709
    Vhozite wrote: »
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.

    I did, and that's how I climbed 1500 solo queuing. But I'm stuck in an elo hell of my own definition: I'm good enough that I always have impact on the game but not good enough that I can do what the better players tell you to do; ''carry yourself''. I'm simply not good enough to solo carry at high gold and therefore stuck in roulette mode. Nothing anyone can do about that, man.

    I'm 3500+ mostly from solo queue. I've placed gold on smurfs and had them Master within a few days of grinding. Many others have also accomplished this.

    ELO hell isn't a thing. It's something bad players make up to make excuses for being bad. Yes people suck at that level but your opponent has shit teammates too. You won't win every game but if you play at a consistently high level then you'll climb.

    People don't want to believe it's their skills holding them back but I guarantee you it is.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.

    I did, and that's how I climbed 1500 solo queuing. But I'm stuck in an elo hell of my own definition: I'm good enough that I always have impact on the game but not good enough that I can do what the better players tell you to do; ''carry yourself''. I'm simply not good enough to solo carry at high gold and therefore stuck in roulette mode. Nothing anyone can do about that, man.

    I'm 3500+ mostly from solo queue. I've placed gold on smurfs and had them Master within a few days of grinding. Many others have also accomplished this.

    ELO hell isn't a thing. It's something bad players make up to make excuses for being bad. Yes people suck at that level but your opponent has shit teammates too. You won't win every game but if you play at a consistently high level then you'll climb.

    People don't want to believe it's their skills holding them back but I guarantee you it is.

    Yes you missed the entire point of my post. I sad it right there, I'm not good enough to solo carry at this rank anymore. Good for you for making masters, but acting like luck isn't a thing that affects the game in solo queue is also just denying simple logic. Getting a proper team is more crucial when you can't carry and the toxicity levels of the game now don't make that a common occurrence.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,709
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    All you guys complaining about the community need to look in the mirror at some point. If everywhere you go smells like shit, you should probably check your shoes.

    I did, and that's how I climbed 1500 solo queuing. But I'm stuck in an elo hell of my own definition: I'm good enough that I always have impact on the game but not good enough that I can do what the better players tell you to do; ''carry yourself''. I'm simply not good enough to solo carry at high gold and therefore stuck in roulette mode. Nothing anyone can do about that, man.

    I'm 3500+ mostly from solo queue. I've placed gold on smurfs and had them Master within a few days of grinding. Many others have also accomplished this.

    ELO hell isn't a thing. It's something bad players make up to make excuses for being bad. Yes people suck at that level but your opponent has shit teammates too. You won't win every game but if you play at a consistently high level then you'll climb.

    People don't want to believe it's their skills holding them back but I guarantee you it is.

    Yes you missed the entire point of my post. I sad it right there, I'm not good enough to solo carry at this rank anymore. Good for you for making masters, but acting like luck isn't a thing that affects the game in solo queue is also just denying simple logic. Getting a proper team is more crucial when you can't carry and the toxicity levels of the game now don't make that a common occurrence.

    My three most played characters in comp are Reinahrdt, D.va and Winston. Number 4 is like Lucio. They're not carry characters. You don't have to frag out you just have to be a great teammate.

    Play your role, don't tilt people or create bad vibes. Be a calming influence and play the best you possibly can. Always self-evaluate. If I make a bad decision I make a note and pull myself up on it.

    I didn't miss your point, I'm just telling you that you're still making excuses. Don't make excuses.

    Yes there is luck. Every other person on your team and there team also deals with luck. Because of that, it's an even playing field. You all get lucky and unlucky. The variable is you though. You shift the odds in your favour if you do the right thing.

    I've had a ton of games where I've felt helpless, I've had 5 v 6 games, I've had bad teams. I've also seen it happen to my opponents. I just know that when a game is lost, it's lost, I just work on my own skills and move onto the next game.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 351
    Reinhardt and Winston are definitely carry characters in lower ranks. If you don't have a Reaper at the start of the game you're screwed because no one is going to switch to him to counter the tanks.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    Main tanks are only carries in the sense that they are the one creating space for the rest of your team. If nobody makes use of that space you won't be able to do much with their short range low dps.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file