Blizzard Overwatch

1311312313315317

Comments

  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    Yeah, exactly. It's like as Orisa sure, I can get a barrier up and use Halt to hold people back, but if people are just ignoring what's going on to do their own thing and it leads to me getting flanked, it's not exactly like she's mobile enough to hold off everybody.

    Even D.Va using Matrix only lasts half as long as it used to (and should, because the time nerf to it REALLY should have only been like 20%), and although missiles help and boosters can give the extra mobility, if nobody's taking advantage of what you're doing to clear and hold things, you'll only last so long.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,074 mod
    It's not Sombra's fault if her teammates are bad.

    Half of Sombra's skillset is communicating her intentions with the team.

    I've never played with a Sombra even when pre-made who communicates their plays with us and the Sombra we played with was Masters, and that accounted for the top 5% of Sombra's at that point because of how niche pick she was.

    A lot of shit Sombra players exist who won't use comms to explain focus targets of hack, or establish EMP plays in sync with team. EMP is basically the equivalent of being AFK if you don't pop it when your team tries to make plays.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    edited December 3
    You usually pop EMP before a push, not in the middle of it (unless you're defending, in which case you use it right while they're pushing). If you know you have a grav, blade or both you don't need much communication to know you have to combo them with EMP. If Sombra spams "my ultimate is ready" when the team is grouped up for a push and they still sit at the choke after hearing "EMP activated" then there's not much else you can do aside from telling them to watch tutorials on how to play the game.

    The only thing she really needs to communicate is who she's hacking because there is no clear sound cue for when a friendly Sombra managed to hack the enemy and the visual cue isn't clear either. Before she would've needed also to tell where the hacked health packs are but now that you can see them through walls the information is half redundant. She can also use the information from her passive to tell them to focus on a weak target if she's not close enough to do it on her own.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    You usually pop EMP before a push, not in the middle of it (unless you're defending, in which case you use it right while they're pushing). If you know you have a grav, blade or both you don't need much communication to know you have to combo them with EMP. If Sombra spams "my ultimate is ready" when the team is grouped up for a push and they still sit at the choke after hearing "EMP activated" then there's not much else you can do aside from telling them to watch tutorials on how to play the game.

    The only thing she really needs to communicate is who she's hacking because there is no clear sound cue for when a friendly Sombra managed to hack the enemy and the visual cue isn't clear either. Before she would've needed also to tell where the hacked health packs are but now that you can see them through walls the information is half redundant. She can also use the information from her passive to tell them to focus on a weak target if she's not close enough to do it on her own.

    Only for them to retort with refusal to cooperate with a niche character and then blaming them for the loss.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    once it gets close to the end of the season im gonna legit throw every match since im done
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    Well that's one way to test how many reports it takes to get banned, lol.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    About 24 hrs of gameplay if you get reported consistently.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300


    We get one free OWL skin from a team and for a hero of our choice.
    Good because I don't intend giving a single cent to their crappy pro league and the toxic players that are part of it.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
    edited December 5
    I understand that is tantamount to wearing a jersey of your fave team/athlete, but that doesn't make esports team skins any less gay as fuck(*).

    *I have nothing but respect to the LGBT community and saw My Best Friend's Wedding at least 3 times.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    Well, honestly I've always thought the whole esports thing in general was a bit weird for things that aren't like Starcraft or whatever. Ironic I know, since that's also Blizzard, but hey.
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 351
    edited December 5
    When and how do we get those free skins? Can't watch the video right now.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    Blizzard really expect people to become like sports fans with it's Overwatch League. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that video.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    Coming from a black family who has a liking for sports, I can't imagine being questioned about a jersey I'm wearing and having to explain it's to represent a video game team character. That's asking to get side eyed.

    So would you guys describe the Tracer vs. Sym matchup? I was watching Stevo's stream yesterday and he was getting constantly harassed by the enemy Tracer who kept destroying his teleporter and shield gen with her pulse bomb. However, it was apparently a fair trade because Sym can get her ult back quickly, but Tracer can also get her pulse bomb back with almost no problem at all. He won, but as far as I deduced, both characters get their ults rapidly but the Tracer could've used her bombs for something else.

    Also the other day I pulled off the 2HKO trick on Tracer.



    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    delete_me wrote: »
    When and how do we get those free skins? Can't watch the video right now.

    Next year, at the beginning of the season I guess.
    Aside for getting some neat coloured skins, I can't see people getting much interested in an esports scene they built by force after crushing everything else that existed.
    Dramatix wrote: »
    So would you guys describe the Tracer vs. Sym matchup? I was watching Stevo's stream yesterday and he was getting constantly harassed by the enemy Tracer who kept destroying his teleporter and shield gen with her pulse bomb. However, it was apparently a fair trade because Sym can get her ult back quickly, but Tracer can also get her pulse bomb back with almost no problem at all. He won, but as far as I deduced, both characters get their ults rapidly but the Tracer could've used her bombs for something else.

    As he says, a bomb on tp/gen is a bomb that isn't on your Mercy, so if Tracer wastes bomb for it instead of shooting at it (which doesn't take long either) she won't have one immediately for your supports or tanks.
    Overall though it's a very hard matchup for Symm in 1v1 because the effective range of Tracer extends beyond her primary, her blinks won't allow Symm to lock on the target enough to build energy and when Tracer is low on life she can just recall and start all over again. The only way to kill Tracer is to surprise her with a fully charged orb + melee combo which will kill her instantly.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    edited December 5
    Tracer has 150HP, there are usually turrets and heros near tp/gen. it's always best to just use bomb since as said she get ult again very quickly and you will more than likely kill whoever was around and/or the sym attempting to protect her shit because she knows you're there. And no, she can't destroy them very quickly since it takes more than a single clip and even more if there are turrets/enemies around. Bitch has 150 HP! You don't need to bomb Mercy, you bomb other targets and Mercy dies via explosion range. Sticking Mercy and her flying towards teammates... we get it.


    Sym gets shitted on FREE

    That Tracer probably blinked on their screen but was running directly towards you on your screen. Or just a dumb Tracer.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    She's still one of the heroes who can kill tp/sg faster and there's no reason to waste an ult for it unless there's someone camping right on it (which is rare) or it's impossible to reach it without dying.
    It's still better for Symm if she uses bomb on an ult with a relatively low impact on the game that you can build very fast than for killing any key hero in your team.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    Lol, why are you repeating what I just said? Do you even play Tracer or do you just dabble with her a little bit and think you know how to play Tracer? No shit she destroys it the fastest because she has access to it faster than anyone else.

    Stop talking about my bae. You know nothing.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    edited December 5
    From the gameplay bits you've shown I'm pretty sure you don't know how to play her either.
    But that wasn't even the point.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    Aren't you the same person who DODGED me when I called you out for trying to downplay my carry on PS4?

    Seriously if you feel more confident with your abilities nowadays I have no problem shitting on you. Please bring your stack fight me on PC.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    You both suck dick.

    There now it's settled.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    Nah, just the wannabe name OceanMachine who dodges whenever someone calls him out. I'd love to exposed this kid's bullshit.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    AKI wrote: »
    Aren't you the same person who DODGED me when I called you out for trying to downplay my carry on PS4?
    You know you won't wash away your bad gameplay through an online win right?
    Stop being a retard teenager and also stop sticking to my ass in this thread. I can't do anything for you if you're still butthurt because you've been exposed as not being the pro Tracer you think you are.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,187
    Supports like Symmetra and Zenyatta are pretty much countered by Tracer.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    I never said I was pro(but I am a God). And what bad gameplay are even talking about. The one where I went 70+ kills with like 3 deaths or something?!? The one where no one except for me could actually aim? And I stated that Tracer is overpowered on PS4 and the tiers in general for consoles and PCs and completely different? That video? And then you got salty and tried to downplay said video? That video?



    Lol don't ever quote my post again unless you are willing to fight. Your words are pathetic. Do you not know where you are? I'm not going to debate with you over and over like some of these guys. I'm going to keep calling you out until you play. Coward ass bitch.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    I pointed out your lack of target prioritization and the fact you were just spraying randomly anything that happens to be on your screen and since then you've been jumping on my nutsacks like a butthurt monkey on any occasion. Just go watch tutorials on how to play dps and give me a fucking break.
    I will spare you the wait and just block you, I have no more time to waste with spoiled kids with inflated ego.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    edited December 5
    TL:DR "I afraid of getting exposed." - OceanMachine Holder of the title: COWARD ASS NIGGA.

    Kill yourself
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    AKI wrote: »
    Lol, why are you repeating what I just said? Do you even play Tracer or do you just dabble with her a little bit and think you know how to play Tracer? No shit she destroys it the fastest because she has access to it faster than anyone else.

    Stop talking about my bae. You know nothing.

    Please direct your crusty, Dorito-dusted, waifu body pillow-humping ass out of this thread.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    Man it was just a joke, but I was right. You both fucking suck.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    Dramatix wrote: »
    AKI wrote: »
    Lol, why are you repeating what I just said? Do you even play Tracer or do you just dabble with her a little bit and think you know how to play Tracer? No shit she destroys it the fastest because she has access to it faster than anyone else.

    Stop talking about my bae. You know nothing.

    Please direct your crusty, Dorito-dusted, waifu body pillow-humping ass out of this thread.

    Y'know the last time you said this was the first time he dodged me. I then asked if you were OceanMachine's bitch but never got an answer. So I'll ask again, are you OceanMachine's bitch?

    It would be an honor to play some Overwatch with OceanMachine's bitch.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    edited December 5
    No one here wants to play another. I've been called that out forever ago.

    Let's set up some quickplay matches tomorrow. I'm calling everyone out, I don't think most of you are as good as you say. Most likely got carried or boosted. PC
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,210
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,849
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    once it gets close to the end of the season im gonna legit throw every match since im done

    so not only will you one-trick till the cows come home but you will go so far as to throw? hopefully that ban comes swiftly towards the end of the season
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,074 mod
    I think it's time to put the game down when I legit can't remember the last time I had fun with it.

    It was a good ride until the meta became everchanging and unstable, and comp lost all semblance of sanity.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    edited December 7
    highlulu wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    once it gets close to the end of the season im gonna legit throw every match since im done

    so not only will you one-trick till the cows come home but you will go so far as to throw? hopefully that ban comes swiftly towards the end of the season

    Ive never one tricked or said anything about that.

    edit: i see no one responded about getting some games in lmfao
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,849
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    highlulu wrote: »
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    once it gets close to the end of the season im gonna legit throw every match since im done

    so not only will you one-trick till the cows come home but you will go so far as to throw? hopefully that ban comes swiftly towards the end of the season

    Ive never one tricked or said anything about that.

    edit: i see no one responded about getting some games in lmfao

    got you mixed up with someone else then... still don't throw, throwing is bad mmmkay
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    After almost two years of shitty on people in open chat, voice chat, and even hurting some feelings I finally got suspended lol. I'm surprised it took this long.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    AKI wrote: »
    After almost two years of shitty on people in open chat, voice chat, and even hurting some feelings I finally got suspended lol. I'm surprised it took this long.

    You were finally reprimanded for being a cunt. Congratulations, you can finally go outside and meet real women instead of jacking it to a fictional British lesbian.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    edited December 7
    Dramatix wrote: »
    AKI wrote: »
    After almost two years of shitty on people in open chat, voice chat, and even hurting some feelings I finally got suspended lol. I'm surprised it took this long.

    You were finally reprimanded for being a cunt. Congratulations, you can finally go outside and meet real women instead of jacking it to a fictional British lesbian.

    I keep my trash talking inside the game rather than bring in the outside garbage and attempting to get personal with someone I know nothing about. My trash talk stays in line with what occurred on screen. For example: if I kill you five times in a row and you have yet to kill me I'll simply tell you that you fucking suck in an attempt at frustrating you even more, thus reducing the overall morale of your team. I don't use racial slurs or any of that nonsense you see on Youtube, like, harassing women simply for being a women and playing support classes.I have a lot of respect for all human beings on this earth and have high standard as a human myself. I'm not just out here being a complete idiot. To be honest I'm a pretty quiet/humble person most of the time.


    You simply dislike me for attacking your coward ass boyfriend OceanMachine, bitch, and I completely understand you reasons. But one thing you'll never do is beat me and my stack in Overwatch. Neither you nor him. You both would rather talk on forum rather then face me in game. Keyboard warriors that choke up whenever someone calls them out. You also get triggered whenever I call Tracer my "bae", hence your post. I am simply better than you will ever be at Overwatch and there is nothing you can do about it other than embrace the keyboard warrior that is within you.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    Aki I already said I'll play anyone. That includes you and you didn't respond
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 351
    Wow guys, really? This is embarrassing to read.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file