Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,523
    The cap is 50%, not 70%.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,879
    The cap is 50%, not 70%.

Yeah, I found that out looking through old patch notes. Makes me sad. Never got to play with Ultra tanky orisa. :(
    New PTR patch with Mercy and Junkrat nerfs:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760768026

Junkrat nerf makes sense and it won't affect his effectiveness all while slowing down ult charge and damage to multiple targets.
    Mercy got straight bodied though. She's just a rez bot with a worthless ult now. I honestly expected this would happen; Blizzard understands non-ult rez can't be balanced yet is too coward to remove rez entirely and give her another useful ability instead. They should just revert Mercy to pre-Valk until they figure out how they can rebuild the hero without rez.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,957
    Man, they just keep nerfing and nerfing and nerfing Mercy needlessly. She didn't need to be nerfed into the current version she has, her previous version was fine as is and didn't need changing. If you want people using other healers and stuff, the solution is to BUFF Zenyatta/Lucio/Ana, NOT nerf Mercy every chance you get.
  • YouYou Mediocre Clarinet Player Joined: Posts: 2,569
    edited January 5
    If they were gonna nerf valk, shorter duration and slower movement during GA was sufficient. Why tf does she also only get one res with cast time now? Honestly even just one rez was whatever. But the cast time is so dumb. She can basically only fly and alternate between a knockoff supercharger and knockoff transcendence now.
    They'll hang us in the Louvre
    Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,879
    Junkrat with the small nerf. I was hoping for damage reductions on grenades and a small radius on riptire but...guess that's not happening.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,479
    “We will likely be iterating on these changes in the coming weeks.”
    I think even Bliz isn’t to sure about the patch lol
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    edited January 5
    You wrote: »
    If they were gonna nerf valk, shorter duration and slower movement during GA was sufficient. Why tf does she also only get one res with cast time now?

Because the main value of Valk - and the one that made Mercy way better than any other healer - was the free instarezzes you would get with it.
    I think they made a step in a right direction in disconnecting her E from her ult, but right now they still have to make her ult valuable on her own. (and maybe finally replace her E)
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,607
    - Bring back rez as an ult again but make it LOS (without invincibility) with no cast time.
    - Keep the current GA ability (with the extra bounce).

I was hoping the Junkrat needs would be bigger, but it's a start.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • SurremiesSurremies Joined: Posts: 730
    It's delusional to even try to say Valkyrie didn't need nerf.

"Every nerf makes its own tune.."
    I mean, maybe if you're shit...
    Honestly I’m fine with 3/4 of the valk nerfs
    The only one I really want undone is the cast time once the rez

I mean nobody would care about Mercy being unkillable in valk if she couldn't undo picks for free during it...
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    edited January 5
    Why not just cut the health from a res in half and/or you lose your ult if you get res. Or at least half then.
    Post edited by FengShuiEnergy on
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,278
    edited January 5
    More bitch ass nerfs based on salt. Whatever, I don't even care anymore. I'm probably gonna fucks with Arcade from now on. TDM is the best mode in the game.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,197
    and you lsoe your ult if you get res. Or at least half then.

That would be massively retarded.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    and you lsoe your ult if you get res. Or at least half then.

That would be massively retarded.

Mmmm, with how easy it is to just pop most ults, and mercy ives you a free res with everything intact with no drawbacks.....something could give.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,091
    Why not just cut the health from a res in half and/or you lose your ult if you get res. Or at least half then.

To piggyback on this. What if Mercy has to give health for a rez? Like the longer the button is held the more health Mercy gives to the target. Animation will end if they are restored to full health or the player stops casting. And if Mercy doesn't have the minimum health to give, then she cannot rez.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,197
    I would say that i am glad that you are not in charge of balancing this game, but then i see some retards decissions from Blizzard that leaves me wondering.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,091
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I would say that i am glad that you are not in charge of balancing this game, but then i see some retards decissions from Blizzard that leaves me wondering.

It was just a suggestion bruh.

I mean nobody would care about Mercy being unkillable in valk if she couldn't undo picks for free during it...

It’s her ultimate
    Only one rez during it is a sensible nerf and so is shorter duration and honestly so would a nerf to her self regen buff
    But without at least one instarez it’s just a wannabe Orissa/Zennyatta ult

Plus cast time during rez makes it feel clunky and unenjoyable. Mercy haters criticize her for being unfun to play and then want nerfs that kill her fun factor. And ik fun isn’t necessary in a balance perspective but Jeff constantly drones on about how their goal is to make each hero as fun as possible. During valk you feel like a legit guardian angel, flying over people, keeping everyone alive and swooping down to bring fallen enemies to life. It ties her gameplay to her aesthetic really well.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,278
    edited January 6
    Aesthetics. Fun. What the hell you think this is? A videogame? Bah hahaha.

Edit:

Nah fuck that you know what's not fun? Getting deleted in two tap combos. Nerf it. Any character who can kill in a nanosecond.

Also setting up all six turrents with Sym only for some random splash shot or monkey or Moira ball just wiping all that. Not fun. Buff them. To immortality. I mean who's fun are prioritizing here? I dunno. DPS it seems.

Hey Dva just eating some ults I spent 2 to 3 mins of solid play building? Lame. Nerf. For fun factor. My fun.

Trying to fly around with Pharah doing the air lawyer thing. Damn hitscans everywhere just... nerf it all. For fun. Or no fun. Who cares.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    The ttk is too short. I dunno why ttk always has to be short.

edited January 6

It’s her ultimate
    Only one rez during it is a sensible nerf and so is shorter duration and honestly so would a nerf to her self regen buff

Plus cast time during rez makes it feel clunky and unenjoyable. Mercy haters criticize her for being unfun to play and then want nerfs that kill her fun factor. And ik fun isn’t necessary in a balance perspective but Jeff constantly drones on about how their goal is to make each hero as fun as possible. During valk you feel like a legit guardian angel, flying over people, keeping everyone alive and swooping down to bring fallen enemies to life. It ties her gameplay to her aesthetic really well.

I agree that her ult has nothing special as it is on PTR, but the live version almost entirely exists because of rez. You can circle around the issue how much you like but the problem is there. Until she keeps those free instarezzes she will remain a must pick.

Also maybe some Mercy mains are having a lot of fun being unkillable and rezzing people for free, but nobody else is. Not the enemy team, not the support mains that might want to play healers other than Mercy, and not even many Mercy mains that are tired of how important she is now.
    And no, buffing all the other healers is not a solution. It would lead to power creep. Rez has to become very marginal in gameplay or has to go entirely.

If you don't like getting deleted in two shots because you're hanging out in the open like an idiot I just recommend to not play FPS at all.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet

It’s her ultimate

I agree that her ult has nothing special as it is on PTR, but the live version almost entirely exists because of rez. You can circle around the issue how much you like but the problem is there. Until she keeps those free instarezzes she will remain a must pick.

Also maybe some Mercy mains are having a lot of fun being unkillable and rezzing people for free, but nobody else is. Not the enemy team, not the support mains that might want to play healers other than Mercy, and not even many Mercy mains that are tired of how important she is now.
    And no, buffing all the other healers is not a solution. It would lead to power creep. Rez has to become very marginal in gameplay or has to go entirely.

If you don't like getting deleted in two shots because you're hanging out in the open like an idiot I just recommend to not play FPS at all.

You don't even need to stand out in the open and you can still get instantly deleted.
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 657
    I keep saying this OVER AND OVER, just delete Mercy from the game and replace her with a necromancer Support that does "dirty rezs" where the character is "revived" but "dies" after a few seconds except that when they do they instantly come back at the spawn point. There! I just fucking fixed the rez ability and made an interesting support out of it. your welcome.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
    You don't even need to stand out in the open and you can still get instantly deleted.

By who? Only Junkrat can hit people that aren't peeking or standing at corners and he still can't go through shields or barriers.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,258
    By who? Only Junkrat can hit people that aren't peeking or standing at corners and he still can't go through shields or barriers.

Hanzo.

Scatter arrow around corners, and his Ult goes through walls.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune

Hanzo.

Scatter arrow around corners, and his Ult goes through walls.

Well, that makes two heroes out of 26. Should this game have rez just because you can get hit by a nade or scatter around corners?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 12,033
    Someone losing their ult because of Rez is a fantastic way to turn Mercy into a troll pick that does more harm to her team than good
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

Anyone that wants to dive you.
    edited January 6
    Someone losing their ult because of Rez is a fantastic way to turn Mercy into a troll pick that does more harm to her team than good

Or jsut come back with not full health from a res. Currently there is 0 drawbacks from being ressed. Mercy already has cons to using it but they want to nerf it more. Why not nerf the character whose getting ressed instead? Like say....all your abilities go on cd or less health, lose some ult charge etc etc.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,140
    Because it's fucking dumb to be penalized for something that's beyond the control of the person being rezzed.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Because it's fucking dumb to be penalized for something that's beyond the control of the person being rezzed.

Well, clearly the other options for nerfing res aren't helping/working.
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 657
    Eskills wrote: »
    There was never anything wrong with rezz, just typical crying from bitches that know Blizz will cater to tears. :coffee:
    people dont like it when you can trivialize combat and pushing. Personally, outside of wanting money because Starcraft eSports is dead Im not sure why Blizzard is trying to make such an overtly casual FPS like Overwatch work in a environment that is counter to this ideal. Its never going to happen or work when you have characters like Mercy that exist like that. But they dont want to rework her because they believe her identity is tied to rez, so then whats the point? Its the same reason TF2 isnt seen as a competitive FPS, nor does it need to be. Just let the game be casual and give up on this garbage balance crap since the ability and map designs prevent anything that remotely looks like "balance".

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
    Eskills wrote: »
    There was never anything wrong with rezz, just typical crying from bitches that know Blizz will cater to tears. :coffee:

Old rez, maybe. Post-Valk rez is just the dumbest thing ever added to a competitive multiplayer video game.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    I've legitimately never really struggled or had much problems with either versions. Yeah, having an entire team get rezzed at once wasn't exactly fun, but the last 2 iterations of rez have given me nothing to get super salty about or be all "that's stupid bullshit!" over. For me, there's always been far more annoying things than rez.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file