Blizzard Overwatch

Comments

• Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How often are they releasing waves? Assuming it's not going to be very often, it's Blizzard.

Not sure, but they did more opt-in waves today. They will be doing stress test weekends as well, so maybe more people can at least play then.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,095
    Kind of sort of related note, I am in the Battleborn closed beta. Despite the similarities the actual scope and pace of the game is pretty different
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,438
    Reticently wrote: »
    Kind of sort of related note, I am in the Battleborn closed beta. Despite the similarities the actual scope and pace of the game is pretty different

Same, if you want to add me, same name as my SRK handle. It's way more of a MOBA structure, so it's really different. I'm actually starting to like it now, finding out some of the early counter pick stuff. They need to stop with the NDA shit. Not only did they release it smack into Overwatch hype, but they're not gonna let people show content? Shooting themselves in the foot, MAD PEOPLE are tight that they didn't get into Overwatch, and they'd probably bump this game's profile if they could stream.

In related news, people are renting out their Blizzard accounts for like, 30 bucks an HOUR, or outright selling them for 500 or more.

• ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,095
    Will do when I get a chance.

Right now I actually enjoy the PVE more than the PVP, which seems like it mostly comes down to swarming the other team. Given the MOBA-ishness of the set up I think it can be more than that, but if there is a higher level of play the NDA keeps me from seeing it in action.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Reticently wrote: »

Now that game looks more up my alley. I like the Gearbox art style and the TF2 vibe of it. In fact, I'd say I'm anticipating that game more than Overwatch depending on how the characters feel from one another and the overall balance so we'll see.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,205
    What platform you folks plan on playing on? I'm going back and forth between PC and PS4.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,480
    Maybe PS4/PC for me. Either way SE for at least one of those.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Happy to see it is console bound, the hype guys.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 666
    Getting PC, definitely pre ordering the origins edition tonight.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm laughing at people getting mad at Overwatch not being free to play without thinking what kind of awful business model being free to play entails for this game.
    GreyFoxx wrote: »
    Maybe PS4/PC for me. Either way SE for at least one of those.

I think it'll ultimately depend on the aim assist and ability to group on console. Destiny found a pretty good balance with their aim assist where it doesn't feel like your crosshairs are fighting against you like they often can is some console FPS titles.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,089
    Neesa wrote: »
    Funny, I got first wave beta access to Hearthstone and I don't really play it... but the one game I wanna play...

K851PZ3.gif

If we let you into betas for FPS games you would've killed Felicity by now.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,003
    *Sitting at home all last week, with nothing to do*
    "One more week 'till Fallout 4. Can't wait! Man... that Overwatch beta could really come in handy now..."
    *One uneventful week later*
    "Really enjoying the fuck outta Fallout 4!!!"
    "Huh? What's this e-mail say?"
    *Welcome to the Overwatch closed beta.*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????? NOW UR GIVING ME THIS???? On the same fucking day as Fallout 4????

Well I had no expectations for this game... let's see how it does.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • BshidoHEATBshidoHEAT The Ninja Super Hero! Joined: Posts: 3,094
    I'll take that Overwatch beta, you can enjoy that Fallout 4 in peace lmao
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ: BushidoHEAT
    Fighting games and Music www.youtube.com/bushidoheat/
    Music I make www.soundcloud.com/benacosta
    Music others make but I play www.mixcloud.com/benacosta

edited November 2015
    Had no issues with Fallout 4.

Wait, my 1st world problems keep going. I'm off today and was planning on sitting home all day and playing Fallout 4 and Overwatch.
    *Text from one my girls*
    "Heeey I made extra food, you want me to pass over and bring you some? *insert 10 smiley faces*"
    Siiiigh, why... why now????

Anyways, played 2 games of Overwatch as Reaper, both games got play of the game. Invincible in, ULT, Quadrakill!!! Went back to Fallout 4 after. It's pretty much what I expected. But ill give it some more tries this coming week. What's funny is that the stage loading screen reminds me of Street Fighter stage select.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Its beta test weekend, a huge number of people being invited to stress test the servers

(I got in, make sure to check!)

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • HyperGearHyperGear Joined: Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I guess I get to join the cool kids club just for this weekend.

Ay1OiZJ.png
    I got in for the weekend as well, add me on Battlenet if you want to party up. Matchmaking early on is going to be a real clusterfuck.
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,309
    Really? I get the key on the weekend I have to learn a shitload for that CISCO stuff?
    effin Blizzard. Just my luck. >:l
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Servers were surprisingly stable, but its still early

e$ports
    Who's playing tonight? Been winning a lot more than I thought.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    I got in for the weekend, to bad I won't play much. Oh well I can test it tonight.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,765
    My bnet ID is Chachi#1768. I can't promise I'll be on much this weekend, maybe Sunday morning/evening if I'm lucky.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    Completely forgot about goofy Blizz IDs when I said to add me lol.

It's Kowtow#1519 for anyone that wants to get some games in.
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    I just signed up today, so I probably won't get in for the weekend. But the game looks fun as hell.
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    I just signed up today, so I probably won't get until the game releases in June

Yo that needed a quick fix there my man lol
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Just installed this, I'm probably going to give it a play later today if anybody is down. I know nothing about the game, besides a gameplay trailer I half ass watched on youtube.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    I just signed up today, so I probably won't get until the game releases in June

Yo that needed a quick fix there my man lol

Dammit
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    Leaning towards getting this for PC. Still haven't been able to get it a run though. :|
    edited February 2016
    DqoYmC2.png

Hyped, was in stress test weekend and played twice at blizzcon, but now Im in full beta

Lots of changes, including tons of unlockables, new maps/gametypes, and a bunch of balance changes. Bastion does less damage, but that mofo can now attack 360 degrees, making him annoying as shit to kill lol

e$ports
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You guys want to play Onlywatch, start streaming practically only people getting invites again.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Well at least it comes out in June, won't have to wait multiple years for it to release.
    Oh its back?

Time to update I guess...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Ok, I played a game.

Good improvements. The loot system makes you wanna come back, and the fact that you can unlock skins and stuff trough it makes it rewarding.

Good job on the customization as well. New lines, sprays, poses, should all give you a unique feel.

I still find it takes a bit too long to get back into the fight, but I guess that's needed for such an objective driven game.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,599
    Still not in.

Sadness.
    edited February 2016
    Unlocked my first purple crate. You know what the purple item was?

150 credits.

Da hell?

My funnest game was when we called pure Reinhardt team (one dude refused and played lucio lol) and we literally just pushed the cart to the end of the level without it slowing down.

e$ports
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    I still find it takes a bit too long to get back into the fight, but I guess that's needed for such an objective driven game.

that and, you know, mercy and symmetra's ults exist solely to get teammates back into battle faster
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    Unlocked my first purple crate. You know what the purple item was?

150 credits.

Da hell?

My funnest game was when we called pure Reinhardt team (one dude refused and played lucio lol) and we literally just pushed the cart to the end of the level without it slowing down.

I'm not in the beta yet - there's a TF2 payload style mode?

3631cbb29170dbcfaaabb97569e81e73.gif