Pocket Rumble: 2D indie fighter on Kickstarter RIGHT NOW!

Comments

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,490
    I missed part of my point in that changing the control scheme would necessitate changing the input buffer system as well. They are sort of linked.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 641
    Veserius wrote: »
    I missed part of my point in that changing the control scheme would necessitate changing the input buffer system as well. They are sort of linked.

I don't see why though. Just because qcf and qcb inputs are introduced, does not mean you couldn't keep the 'if you hold the input button during a move it will come out the first frame possible'. That wouldn't need any drastic changing.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,357
    Hey look, footage of a good player playing this game.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Can you only play two characters at the moment? Is there a primer on what the other characters can do?
  • ajyou003ajyou003 Joined: Posts: 123
    Yes, only 2 right now (Tenchi, Naomi). Go to their kickstarter page to see the campaign with the description of the other 6 characters.
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • Bob SagatBob Sagat Akuma Thurman Joined: Posts: 1,547
    edited February 2016

Sorry for the terrible quality.
    Lots of padding in the video with simple combos, because the game isn't that well known yet. That Tenchi combo where he does the charging antler attack into dp into super was kinda hard to time though, as was the split screen Naomi combo because the finicky controls kept messing up my EX specials.
    Post edited by Bob Sagat on
    Roald Dhalsim
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,378

How do you feel about Valle throwing shots at you? Kappa
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,490

How do you feel about Valle throwing shots at you? Kappa

???
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • Wedge_AntillesWedge_Antilles I like cats. Joined: Posts: 489
    Bob Sagat wrote: »
    (video)

Sorry for the terrible quality.
    Lots of padding in the video with simple combos, because the game isn't that well known yet. That Tenchi combo where he does the charging antler attack into dp into super was kinda hard to time though, as was the split screen Naomi combo because the finicky controls kept messing up my EX specials.

That meaty DP corner combo is actually pretty cool, because if you 1B immediately after a 1A knockdown in the corner it's timed perfectly to hit like that. Of course it doesn't have iframes by then so it loses to reversals, but it's also safe on block hitting that meaty.
    GFWL: WedgeAntilles S wedgeantilles on Steam
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 566
    Just saw this, glad thread was resurrected recently. Looks cool.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,667
    Got the game yesterday and played for awhile. The game is fun, but the button mechanics are annoying. I never truly got comfortable with the inputs since I'll get accidental specials when I'm just trying to cr. MK for example. It would be nice if we could toggle "easy" and "traditional" inputs.
  • Wedge_AntillesWedge_Antilles I like cats. Joined: Posts: 489
    I'm not sure I agree with it, but the way the inputs are setup right now actually builds in 50/50 setups because you can't reversal meaty crossups without inputting a reversal in the wrong direction ahead of time (since there is built in input startup for every special and it does not autocorrect). I've advocated for at least allowing separate buttons for specials and normals so you can't accidentally get one over the other. I figure they're mostly focused on fixing bugs and working on new characters right now though.
    GFWL: WedgeAntilles S wedgeantilles on Steam
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @CardboardRobotGames , is this still happenning for 3ds? I was (am) hyped since the beginning but got out of loop with the info of this game.

If so PLEASE, support Old 3ds owners too, since some Devs are moving to New 3ds their assets.
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 253
    I literally just got the game now, It looks adorable and feels good but can someone please tell me where to find the movelist :(
    The world needs more folk metal
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All moves are executed the same, this is holding for a bit any downward diagonal, either foward or backward and then pressing a button. All chars are the same.

BTW I just saw that the Kickstarter got ypdated, now Parker is playable. Anyone have used him?
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    PARKER QUIT BATTLING THOSE SCHOOLKIDS AND GET ME MORE PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2016
    Parker was the character i was waiting for. I like Counter/ def hybrid characters, can anyone give a description of him? I was waiting till he was available locally befor I dive into Pocket rumble.
    Post edited by keo-bas on
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    edited April 2016
    He seems to copy some of Karin Kanzuki's moves shot-for-shot.

But other than that I guess he places lightning balls on the screen, and can cause lightning to shoot between two of them. So probably some zoning trickery is intended.

There's 8 playable characters now? Jesus, I should pick up this game now.

No, there's only three. More are coming later.

PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Who are the three? And why in that video does it show 8?

Who are the three? And why in that video does it show 8?

It just shows eight in the character select. They already showed who the characters are, they just don't have any gameplay yet.

The three are Tenchi, Naomi and Parker.

• Bob199Bob199 Joined: Posts: 65
    edited March 1
    Game's almost ready for release. All 8 characters are now playable, all that's missing are a few sprites & sounds

It's also coming out for Nintendo Switch
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,088
    edited March 1
    Bob199 wrote: »
    Game's almost ready for release. All 8 characters are now playable, all that's missing are a few sprites & sounds

It's also coming out for Nintendo Switch

whut? chucklefish? since when do they have to do with the game?
    no buy then... :coffee: :
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 583
    Whats the probem with chucklefish?
    I'm excited. Game is looking pretty good and I'm eager to see what amazing guests it might have......

JetKinen wrote: »

details would blow up this thread.
    lets just say its a company which doesnt deserve a single dime from me anymore.

the kickstarter campaign was a success right?
    why do they need them?
    appomo wrote: »

why do they need them?

Sooo they did nothing and we can ignore your whining? Okay then

If you're not gonna tell us what's so bad about them we don't have any reason to listen

edited March 1

why do they need them?

Sooo they did nothing and we can ignore your whining? Okay then

If you're not gonna tell us what's so bad about them we don't have any reason to listen
    listen to what? i asked a question!

not trying to convince anyone here to not buy the product because i dont want to support chuckle.
    so feel free to put that whiteknight sword back where it belongs and chill.
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068
    edited March 1

not trying to convince anyone here to not buy the product because i dont want to support chuckle.

You are the one who brought up Chucklefish as a reason to not buy the game regardless of if you were trying to convince anyone or not. So its not really strange to ask about whats wrong with Chucklefish being a publisher for the game.
    Post edited by kenuran on
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
    edited March 1
    Wait, what? What happened to a character coming out every month? So from the day of the Steam release, you could only play as 3 characters?
    Wait, what? What happened to a character coming out every month? So from the day of the Steam release, you could only play as 3 characters?

No. There were 3 characters at the start of Early Access but the game is nearly complete and all eight characters are playable now, with varying levels of completion.

edited March 1
    kenuran wrote: »

You are the one who brought up Chucklefish as a reason to not buy the game regardless of if you were trying to convince anyone or not. So its not really strange to ask about whats wrong with Chucklefish being a publisher for the game.
    of course its not strange and i replied to jetkinen about it,even tho i didn't wanted to go into details because for you guys it shouldn't matter.

psychs reply on the other hand...well i gave him my answer to his stupid reply already.

main question is still not answered...does anyone know why they picked them as a publisher?
    they had to go trough greenlight anyway and fundings via kickstarter where safed too...
    Having a publisher just makes things easier, generally.

I'd guess having Chucklefish as a partner probably gave them some developer build to the Switch to allow them to release it for that console.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,903
    Will this be available at the switch launch?
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    If not launch is coming at least in the same month

• Bob199Bob199 Joined: Posts: 65
    Some basic corner combos for each character

• phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 641
    why do they need them?

If you seriously think they haven't run out of money by now, you must be retarded. This is an issue with the race to the bottom that we've been seeing with Kickstarters. Not a single indie that is getting funded these days actually gets enough funds to build the game. Pocket Rumble got $25,280, subtract from that Kickstarter fee and some other shit. That would leave you with like 20k. Let's assume that there's only 4 devs, and they worked on the game for one year: That would be a yearly an income of $5000! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to live off of that. Even if only 2 people worked on it full-time (which I doubt) you'd end up with 10k, which is only barely manageable. And that's assuming that they only worked on it for a year (which they didn't).

Them being on Early Access surely helped a little bit, but when the game first hit Early Access it was pretty rough, and that's in a genre that is probably already oversaturated considering its popularity. I don't think they raked in tens of thousands of dollars with it. If they more than a couple of thousand bucks, I'd be very surprised.

Is it any surprise these guys could use some financial help? No, it's pretty essential. I'm happy that they landed a publisher, and being a 2 button fighter, it's actually a really neat fit for the Switch.

TL;DR: Don't be stupid. Making games costs a lot of money.
    edited March 7
    when someone makes a kickstarter campaign for a project they should ask for the summ which they need to finish the project.....no?
    and beside of that the game is on steam as a ea game for quite a while which give them some extra income too and
    the last thing..you dont even know if chuckle gave them any more money to finish the product.

you assume that...but do you know it for sure?...dont be stupid...(little backlash here ;))...and use assumed stuff as a fact.
    i mean the dev is her so i guess he can give the best answer for his reasons...when he want to answer.