FightCade 3S (GGPO killer)

Comments

• fohstickfohstick Joined: Posts: 339
    I can't seem to login. Every time I press the login button, the program hangs for like 6 seconds and respond back with "Disconnected from FightCade. Please restart application"

and no, restarting the application doesn't resolve it
  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    fohstick wrote: »
    I can't seem to login. Every time I press the login button, the program hangs for like 6 seconds and respond back with "Disconnected from FightCade. Please restart application"

maybe is sending you a message.lol
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81

You've tried to uninstall it and download it again? I dunno why but sometimes it can works and I've been through a issue(not this like your) where I had to reinstall it.
  • FalzziFalzzi Too weird to live, too rare to die Joined: Posts: 167

Friend of mine had a similiar problem, he reinstalled the software and it seemed to help.

"Finland?!?!? Is that even a real place?!?"
    -John D. Rockufera
    I see 3rd strike as moving form of meditation. When you're sparring or drilling techniques, you can't think of anything else.
  • AmigoOneAmigoOne Joined: Posts: 1,194
    So I've had some pretty successful sessions on fightcade, I've never tried 3s on PC and I just assumed it was GGPO that everyone else talks about when I first ran into it. I'm assuming theres multiple ways to play 3s on pc, each with their own playerbases. Which one is the largest/most supported?
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    edited March 2015
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    Can anyone help me on my problem ?
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    AmigoOne wrote: »
    Which one is the largest/most supported?

I believe that would be Fightcade.
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,572
    Maxman wrote: »
    also, there seems to be a retarded problem where I can't play against a same player for the 2nd Time

I challenge him and vice versa and we accept, but nothing seems to happen
    Although my friend says that emulator opens up for him and he gets connecting to server but nothing happens on my side :(

The only way i can fix this problem is by moving the fightcade folder to a different directory , and then windows will ask me to allow this through the firewall and stuffs(just like how i ran it for the first time) and only then i can join my friend, and then i gotta repeat the whole process if I wanna play with him again, its definitely on my side as he is able to play with my common friend twice

Any help ?

Sounds like the process doesn't end like it's supposed to after someone leaves a match. Try running it as administrator and or checking your processes to look for the emulator.

All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
    -=KOH=- wrote: »
    also, there seems to be a retarded problem where I can't play against a same player for the 2nd Time

Although my friend says that emulator opens up for him and he gets connecting to server but nothing happens on my side :(

The only way i can fix this problem is by moving the fightcade folder to a different directory , and then windows will ask me to allow this through the firewall and stuffs(just like how i ran it for the first time) and only then i can join my friend, and then i gotta repeat the whole process if I wanna play with him again, its definitely on my side as he is able to play with my common friend twice

Any help ?

Sounds like the process doesn't end like it's supposed to after someone leaves a match. Try running it as administrator and or checking your processes to look for the emulator.

Please elaborate kind sir :3
    edited March 2015

Any help ?

Press ctrl+shift+esc to bring up the task manager and see if ggpofba.exe is running after you've left the match. If it is, end the process.
    Kwyjibo wrote: »

Any help ?

Press ctrl+shift+esc to bring up the task manager and see if ggpofba.exe is running after you've left the match. If it is, end the process.

okay :3
    Uh I did check my processes after leaving the match and ggpofba.exe isn't running
    that guy challenged me again and it didn't work :(
    Uh I did check my processes after leaving the match and ggpofba.exe isn't running

Make sure you are running the game as an admin. Then turn off all non-essential processes(start closing things you aren't using in the task bar). If you continue to have issues, refresh your network connection. Unless someone who has had and resolved this same issue chimes in, you need to eliminate variables to hone in on the problem.

You could also try launching the game offline(launch ggpofba in the folder) to see if it works.

Make sure you are running the game as an admin. Then turn off all non-essential processes(start closing things you aren't using in the task bar). If you continue to have issues, refresh your network connection. Unless someone who has had and resolved this same issue chimes in, you need to eliminate variables to hone in on the problem.

You could also try launching the game offline(launch ggpofba in the folder) to see if it works.
    Okay ran the game as admin and closed all processes , didn't work

Now even moving the folder to different location ain't working

I have to basically extract a new instance from the zip if i wanna play with friend

edited March 2015

Okay ran the game as admin and closed all processes , didn't work

Now even moving the folder to different location ain't working

I have to basically extract a new instance from the zip if i wanna play with friend

Wow that sucks. Has it always been like this?

Could be a config file or a save file. Go to the config folder to rename or delete your main config, or go to /config/games to do the same to the 3rd strike configs and saves. I believe the online play only uses the sfiii3n config and save, but you might do the same to all sfiii files. If you don't want to rename or delete them, you can just make a new folder and drag them into it.

I am by no means an expert on this, but removing configs and saves should give you the same thing a clean install from the zip. If that turns out to be the problem, try to narrow it down to just one file if possible.

Oh and put your game folder on your C drive(or whatever your hard drive letter is). Just right on it, so it should be at c:\fightcade.
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,572
    edited March 2015
    I just read that you couldn't find the .exe, so I'm not sure what is going on. If it's not letting you move the folder then something is definitely hanging, as in not allowing you full access to read/write.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    meet me on fightcade for some pre=class games. I have class til 8 tonight. I'm going to make the most of the time til then.
    8tROOXi.png
  • KD AlphaKD Alpha "KD Alpha is the final boss of Laker hating." Joined: Posts: 1,356
    edited March 2015
    So after several attempts and various "fixes" to various problems...

It now works for me. I played a few sets last night with some friends, which is mostly why I wasn't accepting challenges from people. I was trying to test it out and see how to adjust the settings to get the best experience possible, but I'm still getting a ridiculous amount of lag and latency no matter who I'm playing.

I know it's not my Internet because even wireless XBL is a million times better than what I experienced last night. I tried following this to reduce latency; http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/161003/greatly-reduce-latency-issues-when-playing-on-ggpo , but that had a very minimal effect.

What's weird is that even if I'm running the latest version of DirectX, I still can't enable Direct3D like that post suggests without getting the Guru Meditation error.

Aside from that, what are some ways to make FightCade the playable experience others claim it to be?
    KD Alpha wrote: »
    Aside from that, what are some ways to make FightCade the playable experience others claim it to be?
    What kind of hardware and OS are you working with here?

-John D. Rockufera
    I see 3rd strike as moving form of meditation. When you're sparring or drilling techniques, you can't think of anything else.

It now works for me. I played a few sets last night with some friends, which is mostly why I wasn't accepting challenges from people. I was trying to test it out and see how to adjust the settings to get the best experience possible, but I'm still getting a ridiculous amount of lag and latency no matter who I'm playing.

I know it's not my Internet because even wireless XBL is a million times better than what I experienced last night. I tried following this to reduce latency; http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/161003/greatly-reduce-latency-issues-when-playing-on-ggpo , but that had a very minimal effect.

What's weird is that even if I'm running the latest version of DirectX, I still can't enable Direct3D like that post suggests without getting the Guru Meditation error.

Do you experience any issues while playing against the AI?
  • KD AlphaKD Alpha "KD Alpha is the final boss of Laker hating." Joined: Posts: 1,356
    edited March 2015
    I'm running Vista on a 32-bit HP with 3 gigs of ram and a dual core processor. Kinda shit, but it works for most things.

And I do feel some delay versus the AI in solo mode, but not nearly as much as when I play against people. It's dropping frames almost every second even with pings under 130. Doesn't matter if I'm only running FightCade or not, the delay and lag are always extreme. There's also little difference to me in playing someone with 90 ping and playing someone with 300 ping. It's worse, but not by much. Maybe it's just me and that's actually normal for GGPO?
  • Fran3SFran3S Joined: Posts: 790
    like i said elsewhere in this thread :
    use the /direct option,it really does improve things !
    normally,fightcade 3.3 is totally unplayable for me even when fighting 40-50 ms people from my own country
    today,using the direct option,i was able to play a little with a 60+ opponent from the uk
    in any case,still not as "good" as ggpo . and that's funny,yeah ?

good luck explaining to people you want to play using that method and what to type though
    it's like asking a blindfolded chimpanzee to build a space rocket

hopefully i will be able to test fightcade on recent hardware to find out if our problems are shitty old hardware-related
    what worries me is that some people with i5's and i7's told me they were having the same issues

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

~ look at all those people walking by , not realizing how close they are to greatness ~
    ~ poor yun , jungle urien ~
    ~ they have zero points in riki's mind ~
    Hm, there seems to be a weird problem

I can't seem to execute Flash-Kick commands , i charge down and up + kick and Remy instead neutral jumps with a nuetral jump kick

I just tested it in the CPS3 emulator and i can execute it there no problem

whats happening ?
    I'm running Vista on a 32-bit HP with 3 gigs of ram and a dual core processor. Kinda shit, but it works for most things.

And I do feel some delay versus the AI in solo mode, but not nearly as much as when I play against people. It's dropping frames almost every second even with pings under 130. Doesn't matter if I'm only running FightCade or not, the delay and lag are always extreme. There's also little difference to me in playing someone with 90 ping and playing someone with 300 ping. It's worse, but not by much. Maybe it's just me and that's actually normal for GGPO?

I'm assuming you disabled aero etc as mentioned in the thread you linked previously so this sounds weird. You definitely should notice the difference between 90 and 300 ping - that's not normal. Juding by you having delay even while playing offline on the emulator there's def. something wrong with your setup..
    -John D. Rockufera
    Do you guys think enabling scanlines will make it lag? The game looks so much better with scanlines.
    well you said you have 3 gigs of memory on your thing, and naturally windows uses about 1, so that means you are probably spreading a lot of processor power around while playing OR you bought your computer earlier on into its debut meaning its even dated by its own standards, kinda thing.

Who knew 4 right turns were faster than 16 left ones, amirite
    8tROOXi.png
  • jsweyjswey swgg Joined: Posts: 388
    anyone got some advice for some solutions to make fightcade less laggy? besides stuff like closing unused programs, making sure nothing else is running etc
    "fuck that "he made money so you can't hate" bullshit. So tired of dumbfucks apologizing for shit because it makes money. You know what else made a whole bunch of money? Slavery."
    -Warpticon
  • free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    jswey wrote: »
    anyone got some advice for some solutions to make fightcade less laggy? besides stuff like closing unused programs, making sure nothing else is running etc

I close almost all programs requires Internet connection like VOIP, browsers, Steam client, etc., because sometimes some updates can happens behind of them when you playing. But of course: display, PCB used by your arcade(or pad, hitbox, etc.) and some graphical options disabled are important too.
  • streetfighterfraudstreetfighterfraud Joined: Posts: 14
    why do people skill play on ggpo/fightcade etc? online edition has a vastly Superior netcode.
    no it doesn't. No one has superior netcode.
    8tROOXi.png
    I haven't played the console version. Is it a better port of the arcade than FBA emulation?
  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    why do people skill play on ggpo/fightcade etc? online edition has a vastly Superior netcode.

Oe has better netcode,but fightcade is free so i assume thats why.
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,103 mod
    I haven't played the console version. Is it a better port of the arcade than FBA emulation?
    It is FBA emulation.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    sidewinder wrote: »

Fightcade is easier and faster too. You can chat and play even while using video conferencing. Or jump to another game. Net bandwidth suffices. If it wasnt for those black stripes...
    too slow!
    Maybe there are some peeps who exclusively play on PC and Online Edition isn't on Steam ?
    petran79 wrote: »
    sidewinder wrote: »

Fightcade is easier and faster too. You can chat and play even while using video conferencing. Or jump to another game. Net bandwidth suffices. If it wasnt for those black stripes...

One way to decrease the amount of black lines is to restrain yourself from mashing buttons during the VS screen / inbetween rounds. Usually mashing while in the vs screen or between rounds causes your opponent (or the both of you) to have black lines...

-John D. Rockufera
    edited March 2015
    d3v wrote: »
    It is FBA emulation.

Holy crap. I thought they at least made their own emulator, or remastered a prior port.
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    OE is a port of ps2 or dreamcast version, it's not emulation.
    OE 360 > FightCade > OE PS3

For online, anyway.

Ggs to those of you I got to play! The new player base is a nice change from the 15-20 people I get to play all the time on 360.

Online sucks overall though.