Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865
    Silent stick, silent buttons, very thick foam. Think they were talking about that in the VLX thread a while back and someone tried thin acoustic foam and really thick one that filled the entire case was better.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    Are there any cheap diy methods of silencing a joystick? I was thinking of making a small wooden box covered in acoustic foam to surround the base of the stick inside the case

Yes with modified Zippy uSW.'s I have a tutorial ok youtube for it. Like $10- $15 in parts+S&H.
    •The first gen silent JLF's go on sale often too.
    •You can use sound dampening material underneath your control panel and testing how that works even if it's just a muffled version (still that hole for.the joystick you can't dampen)

That case sounds like a good idea but would have to encompass the noise coming from the top of base that mounts to the control panel, that can'take be done since the joystick shafts hits the switch actuators and there will always be a hole for the shafts to move around.

Your best results will still be to remove the origin of the sound with an optical pcb or silent the parts themselves.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,393
    Are there any cheap diy methods of silencing a joystick? I was thinking of making a small wooden box covered in acoustic foam to surround the base of the stick inside the case

use less noisy switches
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,548
    edited March 5
    Was hoping to avoid having to get new microswitches (it's kinda expensive since I'm in Canada). I guess I'll just wait until I need to place a big order from PAS and get some Zippy's. Hope they still have them in stock by the time I'm ready to order from them though.

Also, optical isn't an option since it's a Hayabusa I'm trying to silence (optical hayabusa is like $100 Canadian dollars from arcadeshock after shipping)
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    Is there a specific spot top find people who take stick art commissions?
  • Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 33
    I would like to change the art of my Hori Dead Or Alive stick but after watching many tutorials I'm not sure I get what I should print. I m' sorry if this is obvious, maybe I've missed it. I think I miss some vocabulary.

It's not a print under a plexi panel, it's seems that it's like on Hori Rap, a kind of sticker.

What do I need , is it printed on some kind of poster paper, with a plastic film on it ?

A simple link would be enough, I've found tutorials about how to remove the art but not any about how to make a new one.

Thanks !
    1488536877-twitt.png
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 987
    edited March 8
    Nevermind
    Post edited by jopamo on
    Thanks ! I'll keep the hair dryer trick in mind.

My question is more, how do I make the new art ? What paper and what protection it has ? How does it stick to the metal ?

1488536877-twitt.png
    Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    Thanks ! I'll keep the hair dryer trick in mind.

My question is more, how do I make the new art ? What paper and what protection it has ? How does it stick to the metal ?

Just get the artwork printed from Tek-innovations. You can also get plexi to protect the artwork from the same site
    edited March 8
    I can lasercut some plexi and I have a plotter for cutting that I can use at will, so I would like to do it by myself.

It's not much that I want to change the artwork, the main thing is trying to do one.

I don't get what I should print, and how it sticks to the metal

Maybe I'll just try and order one to see how it's made. Thanks !
    1488536877-twitt.png
    Tek-innovations prints artwork on non-adhesive card stock. Though if you're putting plexi on it anyway then it will be held down by the pleci and screws, so there's no real need for it to be sticky
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Does anyone know how to connect Kaimana J2 button LED's to a Toodles FGWidget LED driver board? Or is it not possible?
    gahrling wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to connect Kaimana J2 button LED's to a Toodles FGWidget LED driver board? Or is it not possible?

Toodles LED controller board is intended for single color LEDs while the Kaimana use RGB lights.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Toodles LED controller board is intended for single color LEDs while the Kaimana use RGB lights.

I only need a single color button LED but because they aren't made by anyone anymore I was hoping that there would be a way to hook up the Kaimana J2's.

Is that definitely not possible if using a FGWidget?
    edited March 9
    Tek-innovations prints artwork on non-adhesive card stock. Though if you're putting plexi on it anyway then it will be held down by the pleci and screws, so there's no real need for it to be sticky

Ok, thanks !

Last thing I don't get, how can the 1/16 acrylic cover + art come flush with the plastic case, since in the original version of the stick, the art is flush with the case without the acrylic cover ?

Imean, if I add an acrylic cover on top of this, won't it come upper than the black plastic box ?

Image I found :
    maxresdefault.jpg
    1488536877-twitt.png
    The stock artwork is pretty thick. Plexi + art probably won't be totally flush, but it's close enough that it shouldn't be a problem. The art's hobbies plexi for the DoA5 and SCV sticks comes in 1/32" or 1/16" thicknesses and the cardstock that they print on is pretty thin as well.
  • teh_lurvteh_lurv Joined: Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the pinout is for the 5-pin joystick connector on the Mayflash F500 stick?

I had a TES stick that recently started to fail. I figured I could save some cash picking up an F500 and swapping in the Swansa stick/buttons. I plugged in the stick from the TES, but the stick wasn't responding properly. The stick could only register down with an up/right diagonal. I tried reversing the wiring of the stick's wire at one end a couple of ways with no luck.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,418
    Connect it to way you had it to begin with, then flip the 5 pin harness that attaches to the sanwa jlf.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • teh_lurvteh_lurv Joined: Posts: 4
    Connect it to way you had it to begin with, then flip the 5 pin harness that attaches to the sanwa jlf.

Thanks Camacho. While I was poking around with the harness tonight, I noticed stick cut out when I bent the 5-pin cable. I think there's a break somewhere near harness that went into the stick; that'd explain why the stick was so random when I was testing it.
  • freelanderfreelander Joined: Posts: 56
    Hello. I bought a venom stick and I'd like switch the joystick to this Seimitsu one.
    https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/seimitsu-ls-62-01-arcade-joystick.html

Which plate should I order it with? Thanks.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,418
    freelander wrote: »
    Hello. I bought a venom stick and I'd like switch the joystick to this Seimitsu one.
    https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/seimitsu-ls-62-01-arcade-joystick.html

Which plate should I order it with? Thanks.

The 62 has a short lever like the 32 and the 40, you will want the SS-P-40 plate to avoid the balltop being super low.
  • ReDRuM911ReDRuM911 Joined: Posts: 37
    I have the template already but need to edit it. The original template comes with sanwa joystick / buttons

here's the link for it. http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/downloads/Art Hobbies HRAP1 and T5 Template.psd

I need to replaced the main 8 buttons with 28 MM american buttons and added an extra 24 MM japanese button at the top right.

like in this pic : http://imgur.com/a/BienZ

How hard would it be for someone to change this setup for me? I know tek-innovations sells the replacement, but he doesn't offer a korean stick setup and hasn't responded to my e-mails, so I would like to know if someone skilled could edit this for me so I could take this to a laser cutting shop and have them laser cut me a 1/32 inch steel replacement top instead of using plexi, so I don't have to worry about it cracking.

I need to change the joystick screw holes to match a korean fanta stick. Heres the measurement for the korean fanta , different from the default in the custom panel builder

[img][/img]if2afk.jpg

jlf stick that comes default in the panel builder measurements

sanwa_JLFP1__92730.1394135865.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I would appreciate it a lot if someone could be of help. thanks!
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    If you use the kowal flat plate then you could leave the screw holes as is
  • ReDRuM911ReDRuM911 Joined: Posts: 37
    If you use the kowal flat plate then you could leave the screw holes as is

I still would need to change the buttons to 28 mm and add an extra 24 mm to the top right in the template.

figured if someone could do that, then mayb they could fix the joystick holes.

does anyone know how to save the panel from the customizable panel designer on art tekinnovations ? If so I would settle to use the kowal flat plate.

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=panelbuilder&act=hrap

like this setup. http://imgur.com/a/BienZ but I don't know how to download the template panel from that. only can download the default one from his download page.
    I was reading around the Mayflash V2 thread and noticed that peeling the stock artwork off the plexi was very inconsistent. Can anyone confirm if they remedied this in the Mayflash F500?
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 78
    IL mag-stick or ultimarc mag-stik plus. Does one of this stick fits in arcade stick?
  • CammCamm Joined: Posts: 3
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Trying to chase down a circular restrictor gate for a Hayabusa Silent. I know of the Sanwa adapter for the switched Hayabusa, but nothing for the optical. Anyone know anything that might be lurking for them?
    I'm not too knowledgeable in multiple pcb setups but what would be the best setup for a brooks ufb with wanting legacy support(dreamcast, ps2, and that sort)'
  • Godwin_PointGodwin_Point Joined: Posts: 10
    Hello !

Just realized i'm a dumbass, and the last button I've ordered are the snap in type(OBSF 24) instead of the screw in type I should've used for a wood panel.

My panel will be 8 mm thick. If I drill the hole just tight enough, will it be possible to fit the button sugly enough so that they don't move ?

I can always use a plexi as a last ressort, but if anyone has tried it before with just wood....
    I'm not too knowledgeable in multiple pcb setups but what would be the best setup for a brooks ufb with wanting legacy support(dreamcast, ps2, and that sort)'

Dual mod with a MC Cthulhu would be ideal. Or just find a ps360 and cope with either the legacy driver or the 8 minute timeout (assuming you aren't concerned with xbone support).
    Do those use a single neutrik or would I need two separate to have that sort of setup?
    If you're doing a dual mod, the ideal method is to use a single output jack and use either a DPDT switch or an IMP V2 to switch between each board's D+ and D- lines. If you used the ps360 as I mentioned, it would be as easy as connecting to a single RJ45 neutrik.
  • TenPoundCowTenPoundCow Joined: Posts: 8
    Has anyone purchased foam silencers for their 24mm Sanwa buttons? Every time I put them in, the buttons aren't responsive and requires a lot of force to activate. I don't have this problem with the 30mm foam silencers. Does anyone have a fix for this if you got the silencers to work for you?
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 106
    How do I wire up the turbo panel on the old TTT2 Hori stick? Assuming it's common ground and one ribbon corresponds to the buttons and the other to the switches, but would be nice if someone could save me the trouble of investigating and just tell me which wires correspond to each button.

ttt2-horistick-ps3.jpg
    FyS7ipP.jpg
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 987
    Looks like the TTT2 is similar to my old SCV stick. I don't have the toggle switches mapped, but here's what I traced last year. Hope it helps.

29c9bon.jpg

2j1jsjd.jpg
    Hello !

Just realized i'm a dumbass, and the last button I've ordered are the snap in type(OBSF 24) instead of the screw in type I should've used for a wood panel.

My panel will be 8 mm thick. If I drill the hole just tight enough, will it be possible to fit the button sugly enough so that they don't move ?

I can always use a plexi as a last ressort, but if anyone has tried it before with just wood....

It should be ok, even more if it's a button you don't mash. This diy video is not the cleanest work around but he puts snap in buttons into plywood and I think it must be pretty solid as long as you don't pull off the buttons too often.
    1488536877-twitt.png
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,897 mod
    Is arcadeforge in europe the only store selling prefab hitbox panels for TEs? Uncommon mod but don't have a way to make my own panel and playing on them thingies is some fun stuff.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 106
    jopamo wrote: »
    Looks like the TTT2 is similar to my old SCV stick. I don't have the toggle switches mapped, but here's what I traced last year. Hope it helps.

Thanks, exactly what I was after! Hopefully it's not too different.
    Pertho wrote: »
    Is arcadeforge in europe the only store selling prefab hitbox panels for TEs? Uncommon mod but don't have a way to make my own panel and playing on them thingies is some fun stuff.

Far as I know, yes. Maybe someone ring in and say otherwise.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,776
    edited March 19
    Hey guys. Since the PC version of Marvel just came out, I've seen a few guys talking about building a cabinet of it to retain the Arcade experience for their friends and others who like to visit their game center. They have actual cabinets of many other games and are looking to design Marvel in a similar way. The main issue is that they're not sure if it's possible to create the system to activate when coins are inserted since they were unable to do this on the console versions way back.

For games like Ultra, Guilty Gear, and Blazblue, they were able to make it so the controls would activate and allow Player 2 to immediately join in after putting a coin in and pressing start. That's the type of Arcade experience they're trying to recreate with PC Marvel. So knowing all of that, would this type of thing be possible to mod into Marvel?

Maybe @d3v would know something about this.

Post edited by Doctrine Dark on
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Darksakul for mod 2018 Joined: Posts: 921
    Does a Sanwa JLF microswitch PCB assembly fit in a Hori Hayabusa?
    End of one nightmare, prelude to the another.

Depends who you ask :p
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Darksakul for mod 2018 Joined: Posts: 921

Oh wait is this what started the Moonchilde-Camacho war?
    End of one nightmare, prelude to the another.

With no problem.

Oh wait is this what started the Moonchilde-Camacho war?

Its more than that
    edited March 20
    Is 24mm a big enough hole for an il eurostick to move around completely?
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
    Electronic noob question

I have this pre-installed PCB on my stick

ist-top1__97711.1485654642.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

but the Start, Select and Home buttons are far from each other in the configuration I made.

So the ground cable that goes to each button is to short to link every button.

Can I put an unused ground like the one from R3 or Turbo to my Home button ?
    1488536877-twitt.png
  • guyvin_juyvin_83guyvin_juyvin_83 Veni Vidi Vici Joined: Posts: 76
    Hi guys,
    Unsure where to post as as I opened a thread before and they said to post here.

I've hooked my sega saturn up, it's av cable to scart (came with it, had it boxed for 10 years ) so i get this screen?

https://m.imgur.com/W3fLYWE

....and the clock keeps restarting. .I've heard this is something to do with a battery?
    Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    Electronic noob question

I have this pre-installed PCB on my stick

but the Start, Select and Home buttons are far from each other in the configuration I made.

So the ground cable that goes to each button is to short to link every button.

Can I put an unused ground like the one from R3 or Turbo to my Home button ?

Yes, grounds are common with that board.
    Thanks !
    1488536877-twitt.png
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    posted about two weeks ago in this thread about upgrading to a new stick, and I've narrowed it down to either a Qanba Obsidian or a VLX via Arcadeshock's sale. Someone had suggested previously that I look at buying a Panzer 3, but I can't stomach the cost of the Panzer with one paycheck (if I'm really lucky, I'll be able to get the VLX ordered in a couple of days). I had a question about Hori sticks though, as if my memory serves me correctly; there were issues previously with the USB cords that come standard with both the VLX and even the RAP4s. Did the quality improve on these to the point where I don't need to swap the USB cord straight away on a VLX?