Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 113
    Searched but could find anything.... the JLF Link should work just fine installed on a silent Hayabusa right? I planned on adding that and a 2lb spring for a little more tension.
  • CarbonKitsuneCarbonKitsune Joined: Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how the clarity of the Seimitsu clears and Sanwa clears compare to each other? I can't really tell from pictures, but I get the feeling that the Sanwa buttons are a bit more white.
  • Major KusanagiMajor Kusanagi Milla Jovovich rules Joined: Posts: 55
    edited July 2016
    Hello, ive got some questions regarding the Hori RAP 4 Kai PS3/4/PC Version.

51Vrq1%2BBOwL._SL1000_.jpg

1. How do i remove the original artwork? I read something about heat, but i'd rather avoid heating something close to electronics and plastic. Isn't there any other way? I want to replace it with one of Art's plexis and artwork.
    2. Does a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT work out of the box for this stick? I mean, do the screw holes fit, or do i have to do any changes with the cable like using a different connector? The original one is precise but feels somewhat a lot more loose than even my 5 year old Hori RAP EX Sanwa stick. I also don't like the cheap sounding noise the Hori stick makes.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    Hello, ive got some questions regarding the Hori RAP 4 Kai PS3/4/PC Version.

51Vrq1%2BBOwL._SL1000_.jpg

1. How do i remove the original artwork? I read something about heat, but i'd rather avoid heating something close to electronics and plastic. Isn't there any other way? I want to replace it with one of Art's plexis and artwork.
    2. Does a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT work out of the box for this stick? I mean, do the screw holes fit, or do i have to do any changes with the cable like using a different connector? The original one is precise but feels somewhat a lot more loose than even my 5 year old Hori RAP EX Sanwa stick. I also don't like the cheap sounding noise the Hori stick makes.

1. Just tear it off. It won't be as clean though.
    2. Yes.
  • Major KusanagiMajor Kusanagi Milla Jovovich rules Joined: Posts: 55
    Thanks for the reply! That is something i can work with.
  • FighterboonFighterboon Joined: Posts: 4
    Does anyone have experience with using different switches on the same Fightstick?
    I just ordered a Sanwa stick and 3x Sanwa and 3x Seimitsu buttons, it started as ah they don't have the colors I wanted into let's try 3 and 3 to see if it works lol

Is there any advantages to this at all? Or is it gonna feel like crap and I should order more pushbuttons? lol
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Don't worry about if they are 'crap' or not.
    Just get them and try them out and see how they feel.
    Think of it this way:
    There is some beneficial distinction from having different feeling buttons on kick vs punch buttons, since one is fist and one is foot.
    You might actually like it, but you'll never know until you try.
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 209
    Hey TT. Just want to confirm, ls-33 is identical to the ls-56 except for a shorter lever correct? And the stick in a ps2 virtua stick cannot be replaced unless the top plate sticker is removed or cut?
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Iboki wrote: »
    Hey TT. Just want to confirm, ls-33 is identical to the ls-56 except for a shorter lever correct?

No, aside from their net size the ls-33 and ls-56 are very different, right down to the springs.

More info here: http://slagcoin.com/joystick/attributes_brands.html#LS-33
    gahrling wrote: »
    Hey TT. Just want to confirm, ls-33 is identical to the ls-56 except for a shorter lever correct?

No, aside from their net size the ls-33 and ls-56 are very different, right down to the springs.

Oh hm. well is there anything that can be done about my stick? it's very stiff and greasing aside the pivot has been grinded a lot.
  • MazzaMazza Joined: Posts: 19
    What size hole do I need to drill to install a Neutrik USB?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Google search says it's 23.6mm, so a 24mm drill bit will do.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Oh hm. well is there anything that can be done about my stick? it's very stiff and greasing aside the pivot has been grinded a lot.

What stick do you have?
  • oldskoolgamingoldskoolgaming STMemory Joined: Posts: 105
    The lock switch on my TES+ for PS4 does not work, i can feel it clicking, but it is always set to lock. Should I just open it up to test the wires
  • HodgyHodgy Joined: Posts: 9
    Bought my first fightstick off of Craigslist, pretty nice stuff in it but i am looking to make it my own. The main problem i am running into is finding what to order from Focus Attack to change the artwork/plexi mod this fella has done. Its basically just white with his tag engraved, the stick is a Madcatz TE Street fighter 360 Edition. Any help is much appreciated
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,386
    Hodgy wrote: »
    Bought my first fightstick off of Craigslist, pretty nice stuff in it but i am looking to make it my own. The main problem i am running into is finding what to order from Focus Attack to change the artwork/plexi mod this fella has done. Its basically just white with his tag engraved, the stick is a Madcatz TE Street fighter 360 Edition. Any help is much appreciated

Here you go: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=1

Art has been supporting the FGC for YEARS with his artwork/plexi service. That link gets you all the stuff you need for the TE.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    Hodgy wrote: »

Here you go: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=1

Art has been supporting the FGC for YEARS with his artwork/plexi service. That link gets you all the stuff you need for the TE.

Sick! so i would just need a Plexi Panel and art then ? Also is there a big difference between TE Round one and TE full?
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,386
    I think you have a round one based on what you described having. A picture will help confirm though as I'm not sure what you mean by TE FULL.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    s-l1600.jpg
    Thanks also for site, the sick mirror plexi is amazing
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,263

Take part, clean, relube and assemble.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    The lock switch on my TES+ for PS4 does not work, i can feel it clicking, but it is always set to lock. Should I just open it up to test the wires

Yes, that wouldn't hurt, although you have to know which wire block controls the turbo panel, but just check them all. Easiest thing to do is to open the stick and make sure all of the molex connectors are secured fully. It's not unheard of for stuff to not be seated properly. My X360 TE fightstick pro was originally locked and the switch didn't do anything, it was just stuck on lock. Opening it up and pushing down on the connectors fixed everything and kept it fixed. I'm guessing, for a stick to be 'permanently' locked like that, means that the default position for turbo panel lock is having the circuit not shorted at all (left open), and to have it unlocked, means the switch is shorted to ground (GND) in the unlocked position. Either that, or the KGND (Kill ground) pin activated which stops the buttons from getting a ground.

If you're unlucky then something else is broken and you might need to RMA

What stick do you have?
    ls-33
    Darksakul wrote: »

Take part, clean, relube and assemble.

Thanks, i cleaned and sanded down the rough parts a bit. and ordered grease and a new spring
  • oldskoolgamingoldskoolgaming STMemory Joined: Posts: 105
    Falkentyne wrote: »

Yes, that wouldn't hurt, although you have to know which wire block controls the turbo panel, but just check them all. Easiest thing to do is to open the stick and make sure all of the molex connectors are secured fully. It's not unheard of for stuff to not be seated properly. My X360 TE fightstick pro was originally locked and the switch didn't do anything, it was just stuck on lock. Opening it up and pushing down on the connectors fixed everything and kept it fixed. I'm guessing, for a stick to be 'permanently' locked like that, means that the default position for turbo panel lock is having the circuit not shorted at all (left open), and to have it unlocked, means the switch is shorted to ground (GND) in the unlocked position. Either that, or the KGND (Kill ground) pin activated which stops the buttons from getting a ground.

If you're unlucky then something else is broken and you might need to RMA

yeah i guessed that what i'd try over the weekend. thanks =)
  • sir_arthursir_arthur Joined: Posts: 1,549
    Hi Tech Talk,

Quick question, does the MC Cthulhu board would work with any Brook Adapter? If so, what does the MC Cthulhu board is identified as, PS3?

Thanks.
    SFV - Karin/Sim
    KOF XIV - Love, Muimui, Iori
    KI - Sadira/Mira
    What's Tech Talk's verdict on Zippy parts? I've seen some people (not necessarily on SRK) say they're good and some other people (also not necessarily from this website) say they're garbage. I don't really know who to believe
  • sasquachsasquach Joined: Posts: 371
    edited July 2016
    What's Tech Talk's verdict on Zippy parts? I've seen some people (not necessarily on SRK) say they're good and some other people (also not necessarily from this website) say they're garbage. I don't really know who to believe

When I was using a Hori Fighting Stick Mini for a dual mod, I tried out the Zippy that were in there (sometimes they have Matsushitas and sometimes they have Zippys). They do their job, but Matsushita, Omron, and Cherry just makes significantly better switches IMO. Every microswitch I'll buy will be from Cherry or Omron, Honeywells 15g found in DAO controllers are fine for arcade buttons FOR FIGHTING GAMES (15g feels bad for rhythm games IMO) from what I felt tho, but those would be horrible for joysticks on the other hand. Zippy gets the job done AFAIK, but if you can, get Cherry or Omron.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,740
    Just got the TES+, installed the correct XInput drivers, and set it to XInput but Street Fighter 5 on PC still isn't recognizing it on player one or two. I don't have any other controllers hooked up to the PC, and the stick is recognized by other programs so I'm not sure why it isn't working. Any ideas?
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 409
    edited July 2016
    Tried searching and couldn't find a pinout for a mayflashf300 pcb. I want to throw the pcb in my madcatz SFxT pro stick, how can I connect: Select, Start, Home w/o adding additional buttons. Also I would like connect R3 to the existing turbo button if feasible.

Post edited by noober2 on
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,023
    What's the best webcam recording program?
    Preferably free

Thanks in advance!
    Is there an octagonal gate available for the Hori Silent Joystick (the optical one) available anywhere? The plate snaps in instead of screws in like the normal Hori, so they aren't compatible.
    Zebster wrote: »
    Just got the TES+, installed the correct XInput drivers, and set it to XInput but Street Fighter 5 on PC still isn't recognizing it on player one or two. I don't have any other controllers hooked up to the PC, and the stick is recognized by other programs so I'm not sure why it isn't working. Any ideas?

@Zebster
    Ditch the driver and use this
    https://github.com/Stents-/XOutput/releases
    Don't forget to set the button configuration.
    Report back please.
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,526
    Is there an octagonal gate available for the Hori Silent Joystick (the optical one) available anywhere? The plate snaps in instead of screws in like the normal Hori, so they aren't compatible.

I believe paradise arcade shop has something. If not I have one that I picked up in a trade. Think they did something to the hori stick though for the gate to fit.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    Gummo wrote: »
    I believe paradise arcade shop has something. If not I have one that I picked up in a trade. Think they did something to the hori stick though for the gate to fit.

Thank you for the reply. I couldn't find anything on paradise arcade shop, and I'd rather not modify the stick itself. I appreciate the help though.
    I read something that said I could cut off some of the material on the square gate and mount the kowal octagonal gate for the normal hori on top of it, so I might try that.
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Got a friend with a ps3 pc qanba q1 trying to get it to work with ki and it won't any clue why?
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 503
    Sup guys, i'm looking for the exact measurements & layout of an arcade vewlix panel, 1p. found a guy who can produce me one pretty cheap. Anyone know where i can find a cad or pdf file?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,263
    Got a friend with a ps3 pc qanba q1 trying to get it to work with ki and it won't any clue why?

Check your other post asking the same question.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Does anyone remember that post where this guy sanded his bubbletop? The effect was really cool and I'd like to replicate it with my light blue bubble top, but I wonder if it's really as simple as taking some sandpaper in your hand and moving the joystick around with it
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They're silent microswitches are very quiet but so much throw

Zippys actuation distance is very loose in comparison to Omron switches until you modify them:
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • SushiFVSushiFV Joined: Posts: 11
    So I've noticed something recently, my fightstick has disconnected for like a bunch of seconds and reconnected fine on it's own, there is power to the stick at all times but the inputs don't work when it happens, this has happened 2 or 3 times and mostly happened as far as i can remember when i enter a menu in SFV.

I do know i have a stick of ram in my pc that is failing (replacing soon) could that be it? or maybe the usb port? my stick is the chun li TE2. I've only noticed inputs dropping once when i was doing rashids challenges and had the key inputs up, it was weird as i was doing quarter circle + 2 buttons and only seeing the quarter circle. stick/usb/ram? what could it be, any way i can test anything? cheers.
    Get the RAM fixed first. RAM issues can cause ANYTHING to happen.
    Once your RAM is fixed, you can do a keychatter test for your TE2+ to test for flaky microswitches by doing the following:

1) Download Joytokey NEWEST VERSION.
    2) Download Elite Keyboards' SwitchHitter

3) set joytokey to X16 processing speed. THIS IS IMPORTANT. This will reduce joytokey's input lag from 20ms to <2ms.
    4) Bind the joystick directions to keyboard keys for up down left and right. You can also bind the buttons if you wish, to test for "dropped" inputs, but buttons tend to chatter as there is no "open and close lock click" on Sanwa switches (unlike Omron and Cherry switches).

5) test for keychatter (duplicated/repeated or intermittent inputs on the directions, using Switchhitter to show chatter and intermittent inputs.
    6) if you have any chatter on the joystick microswitches, buy DEOXIT D5 contact cleaner (you can get it for $13 on amazon), then open the microswitches (very easy to do, just don't lose the red plunger) and clean and spray deoxit on the microswitch gold contacts that smash together to trigger a switch activation. That will restore a flaky switch to perfect order, as long as the spring isn't broken or something).

You can test the buttons to make sure they maintain constant activation when pressed, but messing around with the area where the buttons release input or begin to activate input will almost always trigger chatter, even brand new Sanwa switches can do that.