Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• Highlander2475Highlander2475 Joined: Posts: 9
    Does anyone know how to Wire the touchpad from a TE2+ to a Brook PCB?

TE2+ PCB is broken, and the Brook is replacing it.

Client wants as much functionality as possible. I can tell that the Ribbon Cable from the touchpad goes to the TE2+ PCB, but I don't know where I can can tap the lines, to wire to the Touchpad inputs on the Brook PS3/4 Fightboard.

Scoured the Board, and couldn't find info.
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Easiest way is to buy the EZ-Mod for the TE2+
    Otherwise you would be on your own with having to solder and whatever extra things would be needed.
    Go read the EZ mod thread.
  • Highlander2475Highlander2475 Joined: Posts: 9
    Not looking for easy, just looking for lines to tap on the Busted TE2+ for the touchpad.

Further research indicates that I have to buy the brook touchpad for it to work
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    I heard evo dont accept any kind of mods to a stick but brooks boards any truth to this? I got a hfcp4 modded into my atrox

• DeeQueDeeQue Can't Kill Kawaii Joined: Posts: 278
    edited July 2016
    -Brook Converters are allowed.
    -Cronus Max Plus and Titan One converters are banned.
    -All wireless controllers other than the DualShock4 and WiiU Pro Controller are banned.
    -Nintendo 3DS, 2DS, or WiiU gamepad are not allowed.
    -3rd party controllers which pair to a dongle like the MadCatz controllers are fine.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

ARE CONVERTERS ALLOWED?
    Yes, the Brook Converters and boards are allowed on a temporary basis. If game systems patch them out before the event, rendering them useless, they will be banned. So be very careful and have a backup plan.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/f-a-q/

I don't see anything banning PCBs so long as they aren't wireless or hacked.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,369
    I heard evo dont accept any kind of mods to a stick but brooks boards any truth to this? I got a hfcp4 modded into my atrox

Never heard if this.
    Brook boards are fine if they work.
    Hori or PDP fight pad PCB are often used and are legal

I do know they don't accept sticks modded with Sony Dual Shock 3 and Sony Dual Shock 4 PCBs as they remain sync after use.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Uncle GrumpskinUncle Grumpskin Joined: Posts: 8
    edited July 2016
    Hi all! I wanted to eventually buy a fight-pad, and on amazon, the ones with the best reviews are the Hori fighting commander 4 series. However it seems that the d-pad eventually goes bad after a few months of use for some users. I also saw that a newer version is coming out in a few weeks: https://amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469990412&sr=8-1&keywords=fight+pad

I was wondering if anyone else had experiences like this and if I should buy something else. Are there better quality fight-pads out there that work on PC/PS3/PS4?
    Darksakul wrote: »

Never heard if this.
    Brook boards are fine if they work.
    Hori or PDP fight pad PCB are often used and are legal

I do know they don't accept sticks modded with Sony Dual Shock 3 and Sony Dual Shock 4 PCBs as they remain sync after use.

Ok i was hoping so what about the ps360 board?

I personally dont like brook boards i constantly see people still having time out issues after updating it way to often
    Hi all! I wanted to eventually buy a fight-pad, and on amazon, the ones with the best reviews are the Hori fighting commander 4 series. However it seems that the d-pad eventually goes bad after a few months of use for some users. I also saw that a newer version is coming out in a few weeks: https://amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469990412&sr=8-1&keywords=fight+pad

I was wondering if anyone else had experiences like this and if I should buy something else. Are there better quality fight-pads out there that work on PC/PS3/PS4?

Hmm new pad with xinput support. (even though they typo'd it as "input").
    Bookmarked, and thank you. Might be willing to grab the revision to play around with.

If I were you, I would wait until August the 15th and guinea pig the new pad. You know full well there were Dpad issues on the older one. You can search the forums as there is an existing thread about the HFC4 already, as they were discussed there also.
    edited July 2016
    Ok i was hoping so what about the ps360 board?
    What about it?

For the PS3 and Xbox 360 its fine.
    For the PS4 you ether have to have the game support legacy mode (which is banned in certain tournaments) or deal with min 8 timeouts.

Falkentyne wrote: »

Hmm new pad with xinput support. (even though they typo'd it as "input").
    Bookmarked, and thank you. Might be willing to grab the revision to play around with.

If I were you, I would wait until August the 15th and guinea pig the new pad. You know full well there were Dpad issues on the older one. You can search the forums as there is an existing thread about the HFC4 already, as they were discussed there also.

I going to wait, and maybe later pad hack the thing.
  • DominicanPowerDominicanPower Shit Iz Real Joined: Posts: 1,069
    edited July 2016
    nvm
    Stupid question. Do you need to have a dust washer underneath the stick?

Do you? No.
    Does it have a purpose? Yes.

The 2nd dust washer is just a extra barrier from dust.
  • esaesa Joined: Posts: 4
    Does someone have experience with this brook breakout board:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152027469585

I would buy the paradise one but the postage to europe is super brutal and the one behind the link would have free international shipping.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    It's the same one Focusattack.com sells as far as I can tell.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    Are the PCB covers for the madcatz TE and SE the same size? I mostly only care about the switches for lock and dp/ls thing and am looking to buy one to replace my ruined ones.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Are the PCB covers for the madcatz TE and SE the same size? I mostly only care about the switches for lock and dp/ls thing and am looking to buy one to replace my ruined ones.

Same pcb dimensions but different housings, so you can't do a straight swap from a TE stick to an SE.

But you can get them to fit by being very careful with a dremel & knife.
  • shortbusshortbus Joined: Posts: 1
    hey hey. does anyone here know where i might find information on putting a seimitsu stick in a virtua stick high grade?
  • Fasty McNastyFasty McNasty YOU ARE SHOCK! Joined: Posts: 725
    I modded a Madcatz alpha stick with a Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu low profile buttons. The buttons work fine, but the stick is constantly reading a down input when in neutral. This happens even when switching between dpad/Left stick, switching back to the stock stick, or even when a stick isn't connected to the PCB. I assume this means the PCB is the problem? Anyone know of a fix or have suggestions for a replacement?
    "You know T. Hawk's stage in ST? My house is like two blocks down from that." - Chief Eddie Drunkcino

"i see toan writing this with a feather ink quill.... and he sends it with a wax seal by carriage with white horses." - Johnny Blueberry
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    I modded a Madcatz alpha stick with a Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu low profile buttons. The buttons work fine, but the stick is constantly reading a down input when in neutral. This happens even when switching between dpad/Left stick, switching back to the stock stick, or even when a stick isn't connected to the PCB. I assume this means the PCB is the problem? Anyone know of a fix or have suggestions for a replacement?

Pictures would be helpful.
  • messatsurokumessatsuroku Joined: Posts: 4
    I want to mod a Venom Arcade Stick , i am going to add a Seimitsu joystick and sanwa buttons , if there anything else i will need ? cables for example ?

Im going to order this specicif http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Seimitsu-LS-32-02-joystick-8x-Sanwa-OBSF-30-Push-Buttons-Arcade-Games-/282113456955?tfrom=281970657672&tpos=top&ttype=price&talgo=undefined

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see.

mtnst4.jpg
    "You know T. Hawk's stage in ST? My house is like two blocks down from that." - Chief Eddie Drunkcino

"i see toan writing this with a feather ink quill.... and he sends it with a wax seal by carriage with white horses." - Johnny Blueberry
    edited August 2016

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see.

http://i67.tinypic.com/mtnst4.jpg

Did you solder at all? Maybe you made a solder bridge between Down and GND on the board. Also make sure your 5 pin harness is oriented correctly both on the board and the stick
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
    Did you solder at all? Maybe you made a solder bridge between Down and GND on the board. Also make sure your 5 pin harness is oriented correctly both on the board and the stick

No soldering was done. What makes me think it's the PCB is that even when the 5pin is disconnected from the stick and the board, the down input still registers...

No soldering was done. What makes me think it's the PCB is that even when the 5pin is disconnected from the stick and the board, the down input still registers...

Was it like that even before you swapped out the stick and buttons?
  • JaviJavi Administrator Joined: Posts: 458 mod
    For a TE2 (PS4/XBOne), I'm looking for a replacement connector cable from the main PCB to the LED board. Where can I find one?
    Javier Moreno
    Shoryuken.com Staff
    Forums Administrator

Yeah, I was definitely getting input errors with the stock stick before the swap. I had hoped a new stick would have fixed it...

Yeah, I was definitely getting input errors with the stock stick before the swap. I had hoped a new stick would have fixed it...

Your stick is probably defective then. You could return it or whatever or just switch out the PCB

Your stick is probably defective then. You could return it or whatever or just switch out the PCB

I'd have to replace it since I voided the warranty. Are there any PCBs that will work with the existing parts or do I have to gut another alpha stick?

Any PS3+PS4 board will work but you may need to solder. Depends which PCB you use.
    Where can i find the brooks board all soddered up so all i gotta do is screw it into my honey comb panel in my atrox?
    Where can i find the brooks board all soddered up so all i gotta do is screw it into my honey comb panel in my atrox?

Paradise arcade shop. You can choose all headers soldered, however keep in mind that some of the soldered headers will just be pins, and some will be in black connectors that will not be compatible with a JST connector found at the end of some cables, so you would have to crimp the connections yourself. The connectors that are just pins will be able to fit a JST cable with the right size. Example: The USB soldered header on the brook UFB fits the Qanba Q1/Q2/Q4raf USB cable perfectly (the shield ground wire and hole on the Q4 cable will not be connected to anything, though).
  • d2dalo25d2dalo25 Joined: Posts: 18
    Can anyone tell where I can get some new art for my xboxone sick and how to install it . It's my first time so go slow with me lol
    d2dalo25 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell where I can get some new art for my xboxone sick and how to install it . It's my first time so go slow with me lol

Which Xbox stick?
    @Darksakul Madkatz TE 2
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 525
    edited August 2016
    d2dalo25 wrote: »
    @Darksakul Madkatz TE 2

http://www.madcatz.co.jp/files/Blank_faceplates_xbox_ps.zip

That's the template for the TE2, download that, find the xbox layout, and create whatever artwork you want with it. Print it out on 11x14 paper and just cut off the unused parts and the holes for the buttons and stick. When you pop open the case there will be 8 screws to remove that secure the black frame to the case, once removed the black frame can be taken off and the new artwork placed underneath the thin plastic cover. There are plenty of videos you can check out on youtube if you need to see the actual process being performed.
    thanx @Clandestine
  • DoubleJabDoubleJab Joined: Posts: 10
    Did anyone who plays SFV on PC ever get the ue4 kiwigame error and get a fix to it?
    So whats the issue with xbox one sticks not working on pc. I know its a driver issue. But i remember mark man saying its because the te2 pcb and atrox pcb are different from how 360s functioned ans it would be ms to correct the issue i cant remember where i saw him discussing it
    I plan on getting sfv for when I upgrade my PC and I play sfiv with my xbox360 stick already so it should work right??