Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• DoubleJabDoubleJab Joined: Posts: 10
    somebody please answer
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    DoubleJab wrote: »
    somebody please answer

If no one answers it means no one knows.
    You can probably count the # of Athlon users on 1 hand here. Try the steam SF5 forums.

As far as the GPU: My GTX 570M mobile GPU can run SF5 at 1920x1080 at max texture detail and everything else set to low, at proper speed.
    Thank you for the response! May I ask what CPU you have?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Buy it on Steam, try it, if it runs bad then return it.
    Or check the minimum or recommended specs then Google the GPU and CPU 'vs' yours and see how they compare.
    Ok I'll try that thank you.
    Um, Core i7 2570XM or 2670XM? on my laptop. I don't remember. It's a mobile sandy bridge i7.
  • HandipeñoHandipeño Joined: Posts: 35
    Does anyone have any recommended back packs to carry the te2+? Ive got a bag now, but its a tight fit and doesn't leave much room for anything else. I checked out the razer tactician bag, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
    Psn: Mexasian132

Steam: Handipeno
    My Bago bag more than fits the TE2+. It fits my gaming laptop, TE1 (not TE2 but they're basically comparable), and Qanba Q4raf all together.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018UJX626/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Usually I use my Targus laptop backpack (which also fits that stuff) as then the laptop has a dedicated compartment, but w.e. You have the link to check it out.
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    I have an old Hori HRAP-PRO-SE. It's a really solid piece of work and I like it. I'm really used to the Seimitsu parts by now. It was originally a 360 stick, but at this point the guts have been replaced and it's running a PS360+. However, my game of choice (BlazBlue) is starting to migrate over to PS4 for tournaments, and doesn't have legacy controller support. This means, I believe, that I'm working with an 8 minute timeout on the PS360+ (I don't actually have a PS4 to test with).

So what are my options for a solid stick with Seimitsu stick/buttons that works for more than 8 minutes on the PS4? Right now, it seems like the choices are:

Gut the stick again and install a Brook board.
    Get some sort of converter? Brook? Are these tournament OK?
    Invest in an all new PS4 stick, and possibly replace the lever and buttons, since I haven't seen any sticks that come stock with Seimitsu parts?

What do the Tech Talk folks think?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    edited August 2016
    Airk wrote: »

Invest in an all new PS4 stick, and possibly replace the lever and buttons, since I haven't seen any sticks that come stock with Seimitsu parts?

1. This is the most common and recommended option. Dual modding your PS360+ with a HFC or MKX pad (diodes required for the latter) is another option (especially if you care about the PS360's older console support) but the 2 layers of PS3 support is pretty redundant.
    2. Depends on the tournament. Every TO has their own say on things.
    3. If you're really uncomfortable with doing anything more than unscrewing some screws and popping out buttons, then do this.
  • sasquachsasquach MvC2 making a comeback 2017? Joined: Posts: 368

1. This is the most common and recommended option. Dual modding your PS360+ with a HFC or MKX pad (diodes required for the latter) is another option (especially if you care about the PS360's older console support) but the 2 layers of PS3 support is pretty redundant.
    2. Depends on the tournament. Every TO has their own say on things.
    3. If you're really uncomfortable with doing anything more than unscrewing some screws and popping out buttons, then do this.

Pretty much the best solutions, alternatively you can use a Hori FC4 or Hori Fighting Stick Mini's PCB for your dual modding.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    Cool, thanks. I'll probably just switch to a Brook board then. While the retro console support on the PS360 sounds cool on paper, I've never used it...
    Cool, thanks. I'll probably just switch to a Brook board then. While the retro console support on the PS360 sounds cool on paper, I've never used it...

Well you can probably sell that PS360+ then, and use that money to get a Brook PS3/PS4 board with the breakout board.
  • HandipeñoHandipeño Joined: Posts: 35
    Falkentyne wrote: »
    My Bago bag more than fits the TE2+. It fits my gaming laptop, TE1 (not TE2 but they're basically comparable), and Qanba Q4raf all together.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018UJX626/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Usually I use my Targus laptop backpack (which also fits that stuff) as then the laptop has a dedicated compartment, but w.e. You have the link to check it out.

Thanks for the link. Any word on durability??
    Psn: Mexasian132

Steam: Handipeno
    I suggest reading the amazon reviews for that item. Didn't see any issues besides one person having a carrying strap snap right away or something...(wasn't the backpack straps, and they didn't say where the strap point was. Still gave it 4 stars...).

It's holding up fine for me. Just rode my bike with it, to UC Riverside campus, with a gaming 17" laptop, a Qanba Q4raf (modded) joystick, a Madcatz fightstick pro, headphones, laptop power supply, Nintendo DS Lite, and a few other random odd things in it. I stuff that thing, so you should be just fine.
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Got an xbox one atrox modded with a hori fighting commander 4. Trying to get it to work with sfv and ki

Both arent working?
    Got an xbox one atrox modded with a hori fighting commander 4. Trying to get it to work with sfv and ki

Both arent working?

Both arent working?

Make sure VCC is wired to VCC and Ground is wired to Ground... but seriously, you sure you wired up the switch properly? Check the connections with your multimeter via continuity testing as well.
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830
    maybe your cable is bad because atrox
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Everything works on consoles im trying to get the hfcp4 on pc to work for sf and ki
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Search or use x360ce or other drivers.
    Everything works on consoles im trying to get the hfcp4 on pc to work for sf and ki

Use xoutput.
    https://github.com/Stents-/XOutput/releases

You can also try that SF5Dinput file on the SF5 forum page for SRK; I don't know how much progress is being made on it.
    So this will work for ki and sfv?
    Alright got my stick working now a buddies stick is xbox one stick using a xb1 to ps4 brooks conveter but can't get it to work
    HyldenKing wrote: »

Umm, if you want Korean, then I'd go with Silicone with Japanese mounting. Since it's more universal in case you want to try Seimitsu or Sanwa in the future. Silicone being higher quality for Korean iirc. If you do go with Seimitsu, I really like the LS-40 for my joystick. I'd throw in some Sanwa, OBS-MX, or Seimitsu buttons with them. PCB is upto you. Case, you got a lot of options, Foehammer, ArcadePC.MX (on SRK Trading Outlet), B15, Art Hobbies, JonyFraze, etc.
  • HyldenKingHyldenKing Joined: Posts: 5
    sasquach
    Do you recommend this setup?
    Stick - Crown 307 FJ-JMS-ST (Japanese Micro Switches+Silicone) or Seimitsu LS40
    Buttons - Sanwa OBSF 30 x8, Sanwa OBSF 24 x4
    PCB - Zero Delay PCB
    Case - DIY (simple design)
    HyldenKing wrote: »
    sasquach
    Do you recommend this setup?
    Stick - Crown 307 FJ-JMS-ST (Japanese Micro Switches+Silicone) or Seimitsu LS40
    Buttons - Sanwa OBSF 30 x8, Sanwa OBSF 24 x4
    PCB - Zero Delay PCB
    Case - DIY (simple design)

Well for joysticks, it's all really up to what you like tbh. Personally I refuse to play on anything that doesn't have distinct corners for the diagonals (basically I only like square). But you may prefer circle or octo, and I won't know that. Also Korean joysticks are much stiffer than the JLF, Hayabusa, or LS-40. I hear Gersungs are better in the case for Korean joysticks, but Matsushita's aren't bad at all either. Honestly @hibachifinal is kinda a Korean stick guy iirc. OBSFs are good, I always grab two button plugs just in case. The PCB is fine for starters, but not sure if it works in legacy mode for SFV, I'd grab a Brook PS3/PS4 board from Paradise or padhacking with the Hori Fighting Stick Mini
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,329
    edited August 2016
    So I have a question. I have a spare brook ufb and have been eyeing Art's TEK cases for a while now. My issue is, as far as I have seen, on the new consoles you have to press the home button or something to log in to use the pad. For example I used my rap4 on my buddy's ps4 and had to press the ps4 button and go form there to use the stick. If I build up my stick it wouldn't have an equivalent button as far as I know bc they ps4/xbox home button are distinct from the start/select buttons as far as I am aware. I don't own any consoles so I don't have experience with this, how would a stick made without the home button work on a ps4 or xbone if I wanted to use one on it? Sorry if my question isn't clear I'm kinda struggling with phrasing it.
    nvm lol
    Just had a look at the board layout it has the thing for the home button
    Post edited by Gabri3l_WHOA on
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    edited August 2016
    So I have a question. I have a spare brook ufb and have been eyeing Art's TEK cases for a while now. My issue is, as far as I have seen, on the new consoles you have to press the home button or something to log in to use the pad. For example I used my rap4 on my buddy's ps4 and had to press the ps4 button and go form there to use the stick. If I build up my stick it wouldn't have an equivalent button as far as I know bc they ps4/xbox home button are distinct from the start/select buttons as far as I am aware. I don't own any consoles so I don't have experience with this, how would a stick made without the home button work on a ps4 or xbone if I wanted to use one on it? Sorry if my question isn't clear I'm kinda struggling with phrasing it.

1. Get your Tek case with an additional button hole
    2. Install a button
    3. Wire it to home on the brook ufb
    4. ???
    5. Profit
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,329
    Batman-Chin-Rub.gif
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 111
    I'm having an issue that I need help with. I have a ps360 pcb and when I installed it to my fightstick, I'm experiencing d pad up always on. For background information I have checked all the vias with my multi meter and tested all connections on the screw terminals & my 20 pin header installed on the ps360 with all connections a go (no issues). I'm using a jlw joystick with a .187 to 5 pin conversion harness to foe hammer harness connected to the screw terminals. I don't know much about fight sticks but is this a SOCD issue? When the joystick is grounded, if u connect one wire be that to left d pad or right d pad the connection stays on hold even when joystick is in neutral state. When both left d pad and right d pad wires are connected the hold is canceled out until manual input is applied to the joystick. When I connect both up and down d pad wires this hold is not cancled out on d pad up for some reason. Any help is much appriciated, I just hope that I'm clear enough in my translation of the issue I'm experiencing.
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
    Sounds like you connected your up and/or down to NC rather than NO, or maybe even common. Double check your connections on the switches for the directions.
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 111
    edited August 2016
    Found the problem out I got a faulty 5 pin conversion harness. I tested out my foehammer 5 pin harness on my silent jlf stick and everything worked fine.
    Post edited by WHITE_4ND_N3RDY on
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • POPSKNZPOPSKNZ Joined: Posts: 51
    My PS3 madcatz TE will not work all of the sudden. I used a Brooks PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 converter on it after the recent update for TEs, the zip file one. The PS4 said too many PCBs error. There are also
    2 led controllers in there, Toodle's Remora and FGWidget.I tried unwiring both VCC lines to the LED controllers and now nothing. The converter does work for regular PS3 and PS4 controllers. I've plugged it in and get hardly any current running through it with a multimeter. My guess is the madcatz PCB is dead somehow.
    Any suggestions for a replacement PCB that would work with the two led controllers?
    Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
    could be a bad usb cable

does the stick work on PC or ps3?

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Any way to mod in a touch pad yet?
  • POPSKNZPOPSKNZ Joined: Posts: 51
    Thanks for the response Vicko, I've tried on both and nothing. Very little current measured on a multimeter. So if it's the USB what options do you think? Do I desolder the TE's USB off the PCB?
    yes or splice in a new one. Or get the Phreakmods USB repair kit.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,625
    Is there a solid way to use a good Saturn style pad for the ps4? Been looking online, but I mostly find stuff from a few years ago and wanted to see if anything new has come up. Thx
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

ribu wrote: »
    Is there a solid way to use a good Saturn style pad for the ps4? Been looking online, but I mostly find stuff from a few years ago and wanted to see if anything new has come up. Thx

So the best option is to get a Sega Saturn pad and then padhack it for PS4 via Brook PS3/PS4 pad. I know a few people who can do this probably.