Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• Archangel_2008Archangel_2008 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi Is there an easy way to remove scratches from a VLX Faceplate? :-(
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You can use car detailing buffing it out along with some car
    Hi Is there an easy way to remove scratches from a VLX Faceplate? :-(

You can try

This
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 906
    I've used Novus Plastic Polish with good results on a similar material faceplate.
  • Archangel_2008Archangel_2008 Joined: Posts: 2
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    I have a madcatz te2+ which as u may know has a red outer rim surrounding the artwork. I am trying 2 find a place to get them in different colors does anyone have any ideas where I can find them?
    Amazon or eBay. Search for "TE2 Bezel." Good luck finding them at normal human prices, esp. since Mad Catz went belly-up not long ago.
  • DominicanPowerDominicanPower Shit Iz Real Joined: Posts: 1,067
    I'm always getting a forward when I'm doing down, down forward. What could that be?
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 544
    Anyone familiar with these? Have a buddy that said when plugged into his megadrive it does weird things like C button will be start and etc.
    Sounds like it needs a new cable to me. Anyone offering cables for these?

800px-FightingStickMulti_MD.jpg
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Never seen one but I want one now.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • FaffelFaffel Joined: Posts: 3
    I have a ps360+ that failed a Firmware update via flip and dfu-programmer, with the error "could not read USB device". It succesfully erased the firmware, so now I have a useless atmega32u4 controller. I was looking at the PCB earlier and remembered my old USB cable failed, which was a soldered one. I cut the cables and hooked it into the on-board USB port, but the remainders of the cable are still in the soldered USB slots. Could these be causing some kind of confusion with transferring the firmware via usb? They'd need to complete a circuit to interrupt the USB port, right? I can't think of any other reason it can't write to my ps360+.
  • ayechpayechp Joined: Posts: 11
    does anyone know where I can buy these pin connectors (other than the 20pin)? I can't for the life of me find 'em.
    Y6SmRjD.png
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 96
    I got a Brook PS3/4 PCB from Makestick with their breakout but Windows doesn't detect it nor does it work with any console. Nothing happens when I plug it into anything. Tried a bunch of different cables and usb ports and all the obvious things. Anything I else I can do to troubleshoot before I RMA?
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,966
    blankaex wrote: »
    I got a Brook PS3/4 PCB from Makestick with their breakout but Windows doesn't detect it nor does it work with any console. Nothing happens when I plug it into anything. Tried a bunch of different cables and usb ports and all the obvious things. Anything I else I can do to troubleshoot before I RMA?

It shouldn't matter - if it isn't plug & play like the product is supposed to be then send that thing back.

Btw, that looks like the same one Focus Attack used to sell.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046

RMA that thing
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 96
    gahrling wrote: »

It shouldn't matter - if it isn't plug & play like the product is supposed to be then send that thing back.

Btw, that looks like the same one Focus Attack used to sell.
    Darksakul wrote: »

RMA that thing

FocusAttack still does sell it and IST is their supplier. I guess I'll have to RMA it huh. It will be a pain dealing with Makestick, and Brook told me to go to them instead as well. Guess I'll do what I can.
  • mhugh003mhugh003 Joined: Posts: 101
    edited June 30
    Is there any reason to buy a Brook UFB over their PS3/4 board if I'm only going to use it on PC?

Also, can I still get away with only 9 buttons on a stick? 6 face, and start, home, select? I've never mapped triggers before because I've never seen them used for more than shortcuts... but this was 5+ years ago.. not sure if that's still the case now with touchpads and stuff?
    Post edited by mhugh003 on
    -Mikael
    edited June 30
    No reason to buy a UFB in your case. Your proposed button layout is perfectly fine. 8 buttons is still dick.
  • hunter88hunter88 Joined: Posts: 9
    I would like to build an arcade stick. With the basics of this one:

http://foehammershop.bigcartel.com/product/magnum-diy-unwired

The stick is to get a Brook Universal Fighting Board. So it is supposed to be compatible with the Xbox 360 Xbox One as well as PS3 and PS4

How many buttons are useful? Apart from the eight standard keys.
    edited June 30
    That depends... which systems do you plan to use the stick regularly?

In SFV, the following buttons are used to reset training mode:
    PC - L3(LSB)
    PS4 - Touchpad.

Most sticks have a 6 or 8 in the punch/kick layout, then Home, Select and Start......w/ Touchpad or L3 thrown in for training reset duty (if that's important to you).
    edited June 30
    mhugh003 wrote: »
    Is there any reason to buy a Brook UFB over their PS3/4 board if I'm only going to use it on PC?

Is there any reason to buy a Brook PS3/4 board when you can get the significantly cheaper (and easier to install) ZD Encoder instead? You're only using it on PC after all.
  • Adv1sorAdv1sor Joined: Posts: 3
    Sorry for the n00b question but, how do you unpair a dualshock controller?
  • mhugh003mhugh003 Joined: Posts: 101
    gahrling wrote: »
    Is there any reason to buy a Brook PS3/4 board when you can get the significantly cheaper (and easier to install) ZD Encoder instead? You're only using it on PC after all.

I overlooked the ZD encoder previously. It honestly looked like an "eBay special" but after finding the thread on here, it seems to work for most people.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still skeptical of a $15 board, but if the input lag is similar to the Brook, then I guess that's all that really matters...
    -Mikael
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 77
    I have one dude.
    I put one Seimitsu LS-56-01-MS-LB39 with JLF in Qanba Q1 but i can only put two screws not the four screws because the other two not fit with original holes in Qanba Q1.
    is this normal?
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    Adv1sor wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2lpyqx/unpair_dualshock_4_controller/
    edited June 30
    Dude, seriously?....
    p9W2ES2.jpg

unaigalder wrote: »
    I have one dude.
    I put one Seimitsu LS-56-01-MS-LB39 with JLF in Qanba Q1 but i can only put two screws not the four screws because the other two not fit with original holes in Qanba Q1.
    is this normal?
    If there are four holes to affix one part, and you install a non-standard (per the product) part with holes that don't line up, then it's not normal or abnormal. It's just the way it is. I would never have a joystick held on by two attachment points when it calls for four.
    edited June 30
    Thanks jopamo. djdigi, that won't unpair the controller.
    Post edited by Adv1sor on
    If there are four holes to affix one part, and you install a non-standard (per the product) part with holes that don't line up, then it's not normal or abnormal. It's just the way it is. I would never have a joystick held on by two attachment points when it calls for four
    https://support.focusattack.com/hc/en-us/articles/207448453-Does-the-Seimitsu-LS-56-fit-into-the-Qanba-Q1-
    Do you realize that you answered your own question? LOL.
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    Thanks jopamo. djdigi, that won't unpair the controller.

Sure it does, just have to read the words :)

"Go to: Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > then click on the controller you're using (the green lit-up one) > Disconnect"
    edited June 30
    djdigi, it didn't work for me in that when I did this, then disconnected, I tried pressing the ps button on the disconnected controller and it activated the PS. It was disconnected but not unpaired. Also, jopamo, the paperclip reset does not unpair the controller. Again it does disconnect but it is still paired. Maybe I don't understand what unpairing means? If I can push the PS button on the controller and have it activate the PlayStation I am still paired. What did people do last year?
    Post edited by Adv1sor on
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,973
    edited July 1
    Buying a Brook UFB soon for my hitbox (using it for pretty much every console, even Switch when the time comes).

I understand soldering is needed for some older PCBs, but afaik the UFB only needs to be screwed in and wires connected, yes? I know pretty much nothing about stick customization, but I was told this is beyond easy to do with some preparation. The only other thing I'm not sure about is what the headers are for, or why I may need the other version with them. I believe they're for connecting separate PCBs for 'universal' capabilities.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 124
    .Guy. wrote: »
    Buying a Brook UFB soon for my hitbox (using it for pretty much every console, even Switch when the time comes).

I understand soldering is needed for some older PCBs, but afaik the UFB only needs to be screwed in and wires connected, yes? I know pretty much nothing about stick customization, but I was told this is beyond easy to do with some preparation. The only other thing I'm not sure about is what the headers are for, or why I may need the other version with them. I believe they're for connecting separate PCBs for 'universal' capabilities.

You can use the screw in terminals or if you do buy the header version arcadeshock sells a harness that plugs into buttons/stick. In your case with a hitbox you would need an adapter for the stick part of the harness.
  • lilGambitlilGambit Joined: Posts: 9
    Hi guys,

I'd like to customize a new stick for my fighting game needs. Been looking at the new Brooks release which seems the way to go when it comes to PS3 and PS4. We regularly play PS2 fighters so if there's a way to make it work I'd be ecstatic!

I currently have a wwe madcatz shell with a ps360+ pcb. Works great for my ps2/ps3 and occasional xbox360/pc sessions. With the realease of the ps4 however I've been looking into ways to make it work on Sony's latest offering as well.

tl;dr:
    - what pcb would you recommend for my new stick to use on PS2/PS3/PS4, xbox360 and PC?
    - how can I use my ps360+ stick on PS4
    - is it possible to use the above sticks on PS1?

thanks!
  • BallseamBallseam Joined: Posts: 6
    Im looking at picking up some cherry mx obs sanwa buttons into my madcatz te2. Im loking at paradisearcadeshops selection.
    Can i just purchase the switches (im thinking the blue ones) and use my existing housing/plunger that came with my te2? Or i need to buy plungers or the drop in kit.? Thanks
    edited July 2
    The plungers are different than those on Sanwa buttons, so you'll probably need to buy a kit. OBS-MX Plungers at PAS are also sold separately.
    Post edited by jopamo on
    Do you know if the buttons themselves connect the same way sanwas do?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,519
    edited July 2
    Ballseam wrote: »
    Do you know if the buttons themselves connect the same way sanwas do?

They do.
    lilGambit wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'd like to customize a new stick for my fighting game needs. Been looking at the new Brooks release which seems the way to go when it comes to PS3 and PS4. We regularly play PS2 fighters so if there's a way to make it work I'd be ecstatic!

I currently have a wwe madcatz shell with a ps360+ pcb. Works great for my ps2/ps3 and occasional xbox360/pc sessions. With the realease of the ps4 however I've been looking into ways to make it work on Sony's latest offering as well.

tl;dr:
    - what pcb would you recommend for my new stick to use on PS2/PS3/PS4, xbox360 and PC?
    - how can I use my ps360+ stick on PS4
    - is it possible to use the above sticks on PS1?

thanks!

1. Brook Universal board + Brook converter to PS2

2. Update to the newest firmware and hold Jab+Short while plugging into the console. Then press the home button to sign into an account. Your stick will only work for 8 minutes before Bluetooth authentication kicks it off. At that point press Select and Roundhouse simultaneously to disconnect the stick and then press the home button to re-sign in.

3. By using the Brook PS3/PS4 to PS1/PS2 adapter I mentioned above, yes
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,519
    edited July 2
    Edit: Oops
    edited July 2
    They both use .110" quick disconnects.

PAS OBS-MX (pictured without rim housing)
    obs-mx-blue-plunger.jpg

Sanwa OBSF/C
    sku_231437_3.jpg
    Perfect. Thank you guys.
  • SevansSevans Top Tier. Joined: Posts: 600
    Is there an official artwork and button color scheme for Marvel vs Capcom or X-Men vs Street Fighter? Google images gets me a lot of different results.

Looking to buy one of the Makestick cases for use on Fightcade and I want something simple and nostalgic for me.
    Just set up my panzer 3 and the select button is constantly held down, unplugged all connections to the button and panzer board and it's still showing that my select button as held down. Anyone got any idea what's going wrong ?
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,400
    edited July 3
    ayechp wrote: »
    Just set up my panzer 3 and the select button is constantly held down, unplugged all connections to the button and panzer board and it's still showing that my select button as held down. Anyone got any idea what's going wrong ?

Something is making a short between select and ground. Are you using the screw terminals, or the headers?
    Post edited by PresidentCamacho on
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Something is making a short between select and ground. Are you using the screw terminals, or the headers?
    The headers

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,400
    Looking at the pinout locations, it couldn't be a solder bridge, but there's a very slight change you have a stray piece of wire or something jumping between select (either at the headers or the screw terminals) and a ground point. If not, it sounds like you have a defective PCB.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Seimitsu LS-56 are very short more shorther than Sanwa Jlf maybe i must buy a shaft extender o something like that
    Seimitsu LS-56 are very short more shorther than Sanwa Jlf maybe i must buy a shaft extender o something like that

You are incorrect, you might be confusing it with the LS-32 or LS-33 which do have much shorter shaft lengths than a JLF.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046

You don't need a shaft extender. Just get the s-plate for mounting
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,973
    platynumx wrote: »
    You can use the screw in terminals or if you do buy the header version arcadeshock sells a harness that plugs into buttons/stick. In your case with a hitbox you would need an adapter for the stick part of the harness.
    Ah, so I don't need the header version at all? (I'm not sure what adapter you mean, after looking it up.)

If so, that's good to know. I just wanted to be sure assembly didn't include anything more than screw, insert, cover. From what I can tell, it doesn't.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 124
    .Guy. wrote: »
    Ah, so I don't need the header version at all? (I'm not sure what adapter you mean, after looking it up.)

If so, that's good to know. I just wanted to be sure assembly didn't include anything more than screw, insert, cover. From what I can tell, it doesn't.
    I was referring to something like this.
    http://arcadeforge.net/Arcade-Control-Panel/Madcatz-TE-Faceplates/Stickless-Adapter-Cable-for-Sanwa-JLF-sticks::35.html