Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,305
    evilj wrote: »
    disregard, figured it out.

Not cool, editing out your question and also not leaving your solution.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 76
    Seimitsu and sanwa buttons.
    Differences in them?. I already tried sanwa buttons, they're sensitive asf and respond pretty good even when resting your fingers in them.
    Though I want to try seimitsu, but, how sensitive are they? Do I need to push really hard so the input comes out? It responds the same way as the sanwa right? And also how much does it travels before reading the input?.

Im aware this isn't the place to ask this, but I cannot seem to find an answer so, is it possible to buy an xbox 360 account with games here in the trading outlet? Or is it just not allowed?
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 20
    Darksakul wrote: »

What's up with you? Seriously are you still upset cause I shitted on your favorite game Nier?

If I left the original question there, you could complain that it was a stupid question.

I had problems figuring out putting some some pieces back together with a hori real arcade pro 4. You have a problem with me having a problem that you don't know what the problem is but you feel entitled to the solution?. Get off my dick you dumb millennial.
    Green Karin.
    edited November 20
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    Seimitsu and sanwa buttons.
    Differences in them?. I already tried sanwa buttons, they're sensitive asf and respond pretty good even when resting your fingers in them.
    Though I want to try seimitsu, but, how sensitive are they? Do I need to push really hard so the input comes out? It responds the same way as the sanwa right? And also how much does it travels before reading the input?.

Im aware this isn't the place to ask this, but I cannot seem to find an answer so, is it possible to buy an xbox 360 account with games here in the trading outlet? Or is it just not allowed?

Seimitsu is less sensitive than Sanwas. I tested this out long ago by stacking US nickles on top till the weight causes the plunger to go down.
    Not the best scientific test, but the weight of a nickle is a known value and its results that can me reproduced.

What's up with you? Seriously are you still upset cause I shitted on your favorite game Nier?

If I left the original question there, you could complain that it was a stupid question.

I had problems figuring out putting some some pieces back together with a hori real arcade pro 4. You have a problem with me having a problem that you don't know what the problem is but you feel entitled to the solution?. Get off my dick you dumb millennial.

1. I never talked to you about Nier. And I don't care if you liked Nier or not.

2. This is the Question and Answer thread, the only stupid questions is the ones you don't ask.
    I do have a problem with people who ask a question, then edit their comment to erase that question and never give a solution.
    As you rob anyone who have that same question a solution. This is a community were we help people, and not be selfish in their own actions.
    If you can't participate in the community and be civil you can leave. Also good job, you just burned one bridge. Try not to burn any others.

• sadboysadboy Joined: Posts: 64

1. I never talked to you about Nier. And I don't care if you liked Nier or not.

2. This is the Question and Answer thread, the only stupid questions is the ones you don't ask.
    I do have a problem with people who ask a question, then edit their comment to erase that question and never give a solution.
    As you rob anyone who have that same question a solution. This is a community were we help people, and not be selfish in their own actions.
    If you can't participate in the community and be civil you can leave. Also good job, you just burned one bridge. Try not to burn any others.

I agree with this.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 20
    1. Yes you did talk to me about Nier. You must be salty from the Zelda thread for me sharing my opinions.

2. And what if the deletion was because I posted something in error or that was off topic or unrelated? My post did no harm to anyone and I left, it's you who felt the need for some reason to bring it up...and you have no idea what the original post or deletion was about. I am going to assume you're trying to troll me at this point. I've been on this forum twice as long as you, you don't need to tell me the rules.
    Green Karin.
    1. Yes you did talk to me about Nier. You must be salty from the Zelda thread for me sharing my opinions.

2. And what if the deletion was because I posted something in error or that was off topic or unrelated? My post did no harm to anyone and I left, it's you who felt the need for some reason to bring it up...and you have no idea what the original post or deletion was about. I am going to assume you're trying to troll me at this point. I've been on this forum twice as long as you, you don't need to tell me the rules.

No one cares, thanks.
  • Hatake09Hatake09 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I bought a used Mad Catz TE2 for PS4 and I can't get it to fuunction on menu or in game. All the lights are lit up such as the toggle switch for directional use and the unlock button. Not sure if the small squares near the PS Home button are you supposed it light up.

I installed the required drivers on PC just to try and see if it works, and it does. I'm not sure what would cause it not to work on PS4, so I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,516
    Hatake09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. I bought a used Mad Catz TE2 for PS4 and I can't get it to fuunction on menu or in game. All the lights are lit up such as the toggle switch for directional use and the unlock button. Not sure if the small squares near the PS Home button are you supposed it light up.

I installed the required drivers on PC just to try and see if it works, and it does. I'm not sure what would cause it not to work on PS4, so I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    What does it register as when you plug it into your PC?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • Hatake09Hatake09 Joined: Posts: 2
    Nobus3r1 wrote: »

Thanks

When I set the stick to XInput on my PC, it's registered as a Xbox 360 controller. For HID it's registered as a Mad Catz Fightstick.
  • DrambitDrambit High Overlord Balrog Joined: Posts: 612
    edited November 24
    SGDP6hX.jpg

@Darksakul thanks man

edit: sorry about the giant embed I don't know how to make it smaller
    Post edited by Drambit on
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 25
    deleted comment.
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 34
    Bought a Dragon; does it have the same actual metal balltop as the Obsidian? Otherwise, I'll just steal the one off my Obsidian and replace that one with a chrome top. I need that metal feel for the Dragon.
  • liquidcourageliquidcourage Joined: Posts: 71
    Has anyone run into an issue dual modding a ufb, where the ufb won't recognize on ps3 or ps4 when ground and/or power is shared between both pcbs?

I have used both 20 pin headers and terminal posts, and swapped ground on other headers including touchpad and usb, and home button doesn't activate.

It seems to recognize fine on the PC (except seperate issue where K3 is registering as z axis), since I dont need home on controller settings.

I will also be running an imp switch inbetween. Would it be possible to source power and ground for the second pcb from the switch rather than from the ufb?

Thanks.

Abev wrote: »
    Bought a Dragon; does it have the same actual metal balltop as the Obsidian? Otherwise, I'll just steal the one off my Obsidian and replace that one with a chrome top. I need that metal feel for the Dragon.

How bout you tell us when your Dragon comes in.
    Has anyone run into an issue dual modding a ufb, where the ufb won't recognize on ps3 or ps4 when ground and/or power is shared between both pcbs?

I have used both 20 pin headers and terminal posts, and swapped ground on other headers including touchpad and usb, and home button doesn't activate.

It seems to recognize fine on the PC (except seperate issue where K3 is registering as z axis), since I dont need home on controller settings.

I will also be running an imp switch inbetween. Would it be possible to source power and ground for the second pcb from the switch rather than from the ufb?

Thanks.

Got photos of your wiring?
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,516
    Nobus3r1 wrote: »

Thanks

When I set the stick to XInput on my PC, it's registered as a Xbox 360 controller. For HID it's registered as a Mad Catz Fightstick.
    That's odd and might suggest an issue more complicated than just a wire or two being lose (or disconnected). That said, it wouldn't hurt to post a picture of the internals so that someone with an eye for such issues can take a look.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • junnehjunneh Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, have a little problem with my hayabusa, thought i might ask here;

I recently opened up my hayabusa cus one of the switches was not registering well anymore.
    (I was playing with kowal oversized and old Kowal octagonal restrictor plate and plasticdust was everywhere, cleaned it all up and stick/switch is working again, now with default actuator/gate)
    After putting it back together and testing with a friends hayabusa aswell, there seems to be more resistance on the lever then normal, can clearly notice it next to my friends hayabusa.
    So I read this might be due to overtightening the restirctor plate, took that all off and still the same feeling, took it apart again, re assembled, lubed with white silicone grease (generic), still the resistance remains.
    Does anyone have any ideas? As far as I can see the thing only goes together one way so I've no idea whats wrong really.
    thanks for any help!
    Kowal actuators and octagonal or round gates will do that.

You might need a spring swap or you got plastic dust in your switches.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Guys, what current pcb can I buy to play on these systems with only one stick (if possible):

Dreamcast
    OG Xbox
    PS2
    Xbox 360/PC

Thanks in advance!

• IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 209
    Anyone know the measurements for the carriage bolts on an hrap2?
    Trying to replace them to be almost exact with the originals (length doesn’t have to be exactly 12mm or whatever it is) but finding exactitudes for something this old and specific is hard.
  • junnehjunneh Joined: Posts: 2
    edited November 28

I cleaned out all the switches already, You are right, there was alot of particles in there. I will try another spring, the default sanwa jlf one should be good right? (I cant get hayabusa parts here in holland)

I understand the actuator can do some damage hence why im not using it anymore. How can an octo gate destory a spring tho? is it pushed to the side too far?

thanks!
  • LBGLBG Joined: Posts: 76
    Absolute Noob Question: I have been playing on Korean Levers for a long time and I just started trying out Japanese ones. Whenever I do certain motions the stick moves past neutral and hits the opposite direction (example if I do down and let go without guiding it back it hits up). Is this normal? Do I have to guide it back every time? Help a brother out.. I know it's a dumb question but I want to make sure I'm using the lever right lol. Lot more finesse on Japanese levers I'm noticing
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Some people say letting go of the stick is a bad habit, I personally don't let go with Jp sticks unless it's doing Korean backdashes in Tekken but everything else I always keep my hand on the balltop.
    Tensho wrote: »
    Some people say letting go of the stick is a bad habit, I personally don't let go with Jp sticks unless it's doing Korean backdashes in Tekken but everything else I always keep my hand on the balltop.

This

Letting go of a Japanese or American style joystick can cause some bounce
  • LBGLBG Joined: Posts: 76
    ^^/^ funny enough I started noticing this when I was playing Tekken lol. So it's normal than huh? I need to find a new way to korean backdash in Tekken now.. Korean levers made it so easy but this JP stuff seems harder for sure.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 76

You can mod the joystick so when you let go it won't bounce right? If so, how do you do that
    ShiroZX wrote: »

You can mod the joystick so when you let go it won't bounce right? If so, how do you do that

change the spring and you can reduce some of the deflection. I want to stay stronger, but I seen people put in weaker springs and get a similar effect
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    The rubber feet on my TE aren't looking so hot so I tried putting some adhesive craft foam on the bottom (which has a plexi cover and artwork from tek-innovations). It didn't help as much as I was hoping, so I tried to peel it off of the plexi. Unfortunately it left a lot of residue and flakes. I'm wondering if goo gone is safe to use on the acrylic from tek-innovations?
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,311
    edited November 29
    Goo Gone is citrus/based. I’ve used it to remove price label residue on CD jewel cases for the Saturn and Dreamcast games I’ve bought at the local retro shop. So far so good. Now are jewel cases acrylic? Most likely not...but chemically it should react (or actually not) the same with Goo Gone.

Make sure it’s Goo Gone and not Goof Off. That stuff has Xylene in it and will seriously fuck up plastics.

Some people say naphtha/lighter fluid works well, but I wouldn’t put that crap anywhere near my sticks.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    junneh wrote: »

I cleaned out all the switches already, You are right, there was alot of particles in there. I will try another spring, the default sanwa jlf one should be good right? (I cant get hayabusa parts here in holland)

I understand the actuator can do some damage hence why im not using it anymore. How can an octo gate destory a spring tho? is it pushed to the side too far?

thanks!

@junneh

Make sure your e clip is fully seated, and make sure the inner dust washer is fitting around the shaft cover rather than being pinched by it.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,196
    Chow would I go about using the existing start and select buttons on a madcatz SE if i'm swapping the PCB for the brooks ps3/4.

Do I need to power the board or can I just add them to my daisy chain and solder them to the options / home contacts on the PCB?
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 260
    edited December 2
    Tried to make a RJ45 to DC cable and am having issues. The buttons on the controller seem to be mapped to directions as well. Not sure if I fucked up somewhere or the fact I'm using a PC>DC controller adapter is making stuff weird.
    I have a video showing what exactly is happening on my side
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    looking at possibly buying the new Gamerfinger HBFS30s for my Obsidian after Christmas, and I'm worried about swapping the stock Sanwa 30mm buttons out for these. Replacement buttons on the Obsidian can only go one way into the panel that holds the joystick; and they (Gamerfinger buttons) look a little thicker than the Sanwas. Would I potentially have a problem swapping out the stock buttons for the Gamerfinger ones??
  • ProphylactusProphylactus Preventer of Worlds Joined: Posts: 107
    Any thoughts on the new 2017 LS-32 vs. the old one? Tried a ls-32 in a barcade a little while ago and liked it (i could tell what it was because I jumped the gate lol). Also, any thoughts on the higher tension ones (ls38 I think). I have an LS-40 already so comparisons to that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Also, does anyone know what size screw I would need to install a neutrik into a case without pre-drilled holes? That info could save me some time at the hardware store.
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 26
    so i saw on taobao some guy is selling art for madcatz and razer sticks. what caught my eye was that he was also selling the first tes chunli art. has anyone bought or atleast heard of the guy selling it?
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.48.7892a46ezoxcmr&id=542560092856&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail
    TastyWhiff wrote: »
    so i saw on taobao some guy is selling art for madcatz and razer sticks. what caught my eye was that he was also selling the first tes chunli art. has anyone bought or atleast heard of the guy selling it?
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.48.7892a46ezoxcmr&id=542560092856&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

Lot of bootleg products from there
  • thelordlonewolfthelordlonewolf Joined: Posts: 25
    anyone knows what reputation have the hori joystick in japan right now? specially opinions by japanese top players.
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 26
    anyone knows what reputation have the hori joystick in japan right now? specially opinions by japanese top players.

everyone uses them so i'll assume they're good. itazan recently switched to a rap-n
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 140

Most Japanese I talk to aren't very fond of Hori parts in general. Some go so far as to call them straight up trash, which is going pretty far for Japanse people. I see a lot of people buying their controllers though, probably because they're cheap and readily available, but they always swap out the parts for Sanwas.