Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• OpticalleverOpticallever Joined: Posts: 9
    My seimitsu lb-39 bubbletop has a grey/white spot at the top is this normal? I'm thinking about exchanging it for another.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    My seimitsu lb-39 bubbletop has a grey/white spot at the top is this normal? I'm thinking about exchanging it for another.

Got photos of this?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    I've seen this mark on photos of the lb-39 but they don't have a white/grey outline like mine. Here's a link from paradisearcade and you can see the mark with no white/grey outline. https://paradisearcadeshop.com/seimitsu-lb-39/212-seimitsu-lb-39-red.html

Here's my balltop. http://tinypic.com/r/zuf2hy/9
    I've tried rubbing it off with a towel, but the marking remains.
    zuf2hy.jpg
    I am not quite seeing it. Try something mild like dish soap and see if you can remove it.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,307
    @Opticallever the spot at the top is plastic-flash that’s been cut off after the molding process. That’s normal. I just checked all my Seimitsu bubbletops and they have the same mark.

Don’t get stuck looking for the perfect eggs.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 76
    Hi, im aware this is not entirely fightstick related. But I feel very nervous and I have doubts.
    I recently got a debit visa card, and since a long time ago, I wanted a SCV stick that was only available (at a reasonable price) in play asia.
    There was only 1 left in stock, I really liked that stick, so I asked a friend if I could pay in play asia with my new debit card. So I went in asap and proceeded to do the checkout.
    And then, when all done. It came down to this

24824606_1887489401278587_904807116_n.png?oh=5e65b985184fbc4480b8cfe9d6bac867&oe=5A2AB153

I just want to know if from here, everything will be alright, I don't want the mail to get the wrong adress, if that happens, I can talk to play asia and they will help right?, or that something get's cancelled and I lose my money. It's the first time I buy stuff from here so.. thank you,
    jopamo wrote: »
    @Opticallever the spot at the top is plastic-flash that’s been cut off after the molding process. That’s normal. I just checked all my Seimitsu bubbletops and they have the same mark.

Don’t get stuck looking for the perfect eggs.

On my balltop it has an obvious white outline, I tried cleaning it with some dish soap but it's still there. The whitish outline doesn't show up well and the photo. The indentation mark would be fine if it had no white outline around it.

I really don't see the issue here. It looks fine to me. If you're unhappy, then just hit them up in the PAS thread and see what they can do for you.
  • thats mind gamesthats mind games fgd scumbags Joined: Posts: 1,109
    edited December 7
    What other places do you guys sell arcade stuff on nowadays? The trading outlet is still good but it doesn't get a whole lot of traffic.

Edit: another question, what's the deal with the Panthera's top panel? Is it possible to replace it with a custom one to use a different button layout?
    Post edited by thats mind games on
    99% of ppl on shoryuken are neanderthals that like to "learn" how to slam a joystick and buttons around, put this in your sig if you're one of the 1% left that like to use their brain to win at fighting games
  • Burnt_ToastBurnt_Toast Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi all,

First-time poster, long-time reader of this site.

I have a quick (and hopefully easily answered question): what size are the screws used for the madcatz fightstick pro to secure the plexi down?

I have lost the screws that came included with the plexi from arthong and am trying to put together an xmas present for my wife.

I started my holidays today and thought I would begin the project, however am stuck before I can even begin!!!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    edited December 8
    M4x12mm Hex screws. Note however that the head on those has a 3mm hex drive slot, which might be hard to find (depending on where you’re located on Earth). 2.5mm hex drive headed variants are easier to source (at least in the US), but you’ll need the appropriate hex driver to fasten/loosen. Check Focusattack.com for both screws and the hex driver. I believe they have the screws in 5 colors too.
    Post edited by jopamo on
    What other places do you guys sell arcade stuff on nowadays? The trading outlet is still good but it doesn't get a whole lot of traffic.
    Are you looking for parts or whole arcade sticks?
    edited December 8
    Nvm dudes. So far so good.
    Just wanted to ask
    Can I buy here (trading outlet ofc) a xbox 360 account or licence to get MvCOrigins and MvC2?
    They're not available anymore (only way to get them is to dowload it again through download history) or is it not allowed?.
    Also, how much are worth the games and/or accounts?.
    Gonna pay through paypal too.
    edited December 8
    Uh......This is Tech Talk.

Why don’t you try asking your question in the appropriate subforum?
    I tried to... Nobody answered. So... I was just wondering. Thanks anyways...
    edited December 9
    Are you talking about THIS post? You asked about a bunch of stuff.

If you got no answer so long ago...then try posting again there!
    Else, you might be better set just creating a “want to buy” (WTB:) thread in the trading outlet. It might get you more exposure.

In any case, it’s time to move this out of tech talk and into the trading outlet
    There was also a price check thread. But it seems like it's dead so, guess I'll just aask again
    Are you talking about THIS post? You asked about a bunch of stuff.

If you got no answer so long ago...then try posting again there!
    Copy this post and paste it there.

Yes I remember this post. No, Im not talking about this one.
    Thanks.
    Create a Want to Buy thread. Good luck
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    Nvm dudes. So far so good.
    Just wanted to ask
    Can I buy here (trading outlet ofc) a xbox 360 account or licence to get MvCOrigins and MvC2?
    They're not available anymore (only way to get them is to dowload it again through download history) or is it not allowed?.
    Also, how much are worth the games and/or accounts?.
    Gonna pay through paypal too.

So buying an account is a violation of XBLA rules, so good luck with that.

Your better off getting the PS1 game for the original MvC 1 and MvC2 on the PS2 or Dreamcast
    edited December 9
    Wait...people want to play MvC2 on something other than a Dreamcast (or Naomi cab)??

Yuck.
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • Burnt_ToastBurnt_Toast Joined: Posts: 2
    edited December 9
    Thanks so much jopamo for your quick response and advice (I don't know how to do the quote thing yet where I reference your answer!!).

Anyway, I just picked up some marine grade stainless steel fittings from a local supplier (Australia) in the size you specified however they do not fit through the plexi. They screw in no problems straight into the top of a TE stick... but don't fit through the fightstick pro plexi (I haven't removed art from stick yet to see if they fit the existing holes either).

Would it be possible to just drill through the plexi to enlarge the holes (assuming the screws fit the holes in the stick)?

Cheers
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 279
    Isn't mvc1 on the PS1 like real different and not great?
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
    edited December 9
    @Burnt_Toast if you got the plex and screws from Art at Tek-Innovations, then just shoot him an email for the size info. The plexis (depending on its thickness) may require a longer pan head screw (13mm+). It might take a few days but he’s quite responsive every time I have a question—order related or not.
    edited December 9
    Wait...people want to play MvC2 on something other than a Dreamcast (or Naomi cab)??

Yuck.

Does that even matters now?. I know there are players who are still very dedicated to that game. The 360 version also has online play, which by now might be dead but whatever. It's not that important where you play if you're not into competitive.
    My mid end laptop can't run it that well, and I really want to play it with friends. That is why I was asking.
    edited December 9

Yuck.

Does that even matters now?. I know there are players who are still very dedicated to that game. The 360 version also has online play, which by now might be dead but whatever. It's not that important where you play if you're not into competitive.
    My mid end laptop can't run it that well, and I really want to play it with friends. That is why I was asking.

Your Mid-level laptop can't run MCV 2?
    What kinda booty laptop can't run MVC 2?

My Laptop could run MVC 2 and it can't run Skyrim more than 12 FPS
    And that ancient shit is a 1st gen Intel i3 with shit integrated Intel Graphics
  • kiddakidda Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey guys sorry in advance if this is the wrong place

I have a Qanba Q4 Raf 2in1, but it's really old, the switches are starting to go and I'd just like to try a new joystick in general (Something that isn't a JLF). Is anyone able to tell me what Joysticks will fit and work? A Qanba rep on facebook mentioned some seimitsu's but he wasn't 100% sure. Does the LS-32 fit?

I've never really felt any other kind of joysticks so how do the LS range feel different to the JLF? Fwiw I mainly stick to Tekken.
    edited December 9
    Darksakul wrote: »

Yuck.

Your Mid-level laptop can't run MCV 2?
    What kinda booty laptop can't run MVC 2?

My Laptop could run MVC 2 and it can't run Skyrim more than 12 FPS
    And that ancient shit is a 1st gen Intel i3 with shit integrated Intel Graphics

Idk man. Ask nulldc why I can't emulate my game. Only thing I've heard is "it's the emulator"
    Tried Demul too but only had a white screen and crashed too.
    edited December 9
    Which version of Demul? Were you emulating Dreamcast or Naomi? Do you have the proper BIOS files? Are you running a CDI or GDI image version of the game? Are you sure that the image is not corrupt? Have you double checked settings and paths are correct?

I just tested on my PC (i5-4460/16GB/GTX1070) with DC MvC2 via Demul in Launchbox and it ran quite well. Check out the video (starting at 11:38) for proper setup:

• GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    don't have an EE background so i'm afraid to take a chance. without a multimeter, is there a way to tell if a pcb is functional before wiring any controls to it? bought one of those chinese-made "zero delay" usb pcbs and i don't want to undo the wiring of another stick just to see if this thing was DOA. would it be safe to plug it into a usb port and see if gets recognized or would that risk damage to the port?

thanks
    This message will self-destruct.
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 24
    Does akishop have a store in japan?
  • ConsistencyConfirmerConsistencyConfirmer Joined: Posts: 18
    https://arcadeshock.com/collections/brook/products/brook-ps3-ps4-pc-fighting-board-w-audio-usb-type-b-version

"External board to support headphone jack and Type B USB Port (No Neutrik USB connector required)"

it comes with it's own connector instead of a neutrik... just wondering if it would fit in a neutrik size cut in a panel? It looks like it does, not 100% sure though.

Also.... can I just use a neutrik anyway?

Really, is there any reason to use a universal fighting board over this one if I only plan to play on PC (MAYBE on PS4 occasionally)?
    https://arcadeshock.com/collections/brook/products/brook-ps3-ps4-pc-fighting-board-w-audio-usb-type-b-version

"External board to support headphone jack and Type B USB Port (No Neutrik USB connector required)"

it comes with it's own connector instead of a neutrik... just wondering if it would fit in a neutrik size cut in a panel? It looks like it does, not 100% sure though.

Also.... can I just use a neutrik anyway?

Really, is there any reason to use a universal fighting board over this one if I only plan to play on PC (MAYBE on PS4 occasionally)?

Looks to be a similar mounting pattern to all XLR patch panel connectors.
    Which passthough from Neutrik and Switchcraft also uses
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 260
    Looking to add a kaimana khameleon to a TE2 ezmod and Jasen mentions using this https://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&itemSeq=246348658&uq=636485563085555864 for making a molex to mini usb. For the pins to do so would this https://www.amazon.com/Ocr-200PCS-Connector-Terminal-Jumper-Male/dp/B01NAHRXX3/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1512982836&sr=8-6&keywords=2.54+crimp+pins be what I'd need?
    Dudes, a week ago I ordered a fightstick in play asia. Shipment is through fedex. The adress I used is the one where I work at (Only person at home is my sister and the person who takes care of her), and tomorrow I will receive it, but tomorrow there is a christmas party at the job, so we're going out, and the office will be left alone and closed.
    What can I do?
    Or what should I do?
    Should I change the adress so it goes home? How tf do I do that.
    25287187_1892956880731839_1971221427_n.png?oh=eb7e511707e411a2c63ab9b3f7475c91&oe=5A318E62
    edited December 12
    You can’t easily change the address so late in the game. The package is already en route with less than a day to go...

Just tell your manager (or the mailroom manager, if there is one) the situation and see what [they] can do for you.
  • Godwin_PointGodwin_Point Joined: Posts: 12
    Hello,

Does anyone has experience wiring a DB15 connector to a madcatz fightpad ?

here's the pcb

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/50/3/1513159209-25182010-1559049264187165-3112559402931509783-o.jpg
    https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/50/3/1513159209-25348355-1559049544187137-7835002941424011598-n.jpg

Is it possible to simply wire them straight to the DB15 like you would do for a normal hackpad ?
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,107
    edited December 13
    I'm having problems with my stick on Windows at the moment. If I click gamepad controller, it shows button 13 as constantly on:

Wx9HK7y.jpg

This is causing issues in fightcade, as it won't let me map any button until the button has stopped being pressed. However, no button on my stick corresponds to button 13. I'm unable to actually open up my stick at one of the screws is stripped, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to disable a button through Windows 10?

I just plugged in my second stick and it has the same problem, so I guess it is a problem with my Brooks converter.
  • Godwin_PointGodwin_Point Joined: Posts: 12
    edited December 13
    Have you tried without the brook?

Other thing you could try are updating the Brooke's firmware and
    Mapping your fightcade key the keyboard

Then use something like xpadder to map your desired button the the keyboard

It's useless for now because the issue doesn't seem to come from your stick, but if you ever need to open it, you can use a rubber band to get that stripped screw (lay one part of the band over the screw to act as a "buffer" between your screwdriver and the screw, it'll help catch whatever remain of the screw pattern)
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,534
    Been out of the padhacking game for a bit; I haven't followed a lot of the recent news about PCBs and padhacks.

What are the current best ways to get a stick to work on the Switch?

Padhacking a Pro controller is doable but rather costly.
    Hori makes the Switch Horipad which is wired and much cheaper, so that seems to be a suitable alternative.
    The Pokken controller works on Switch, but lacks a Home button.

Which (if any) custom PCB has Switch support?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga