Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,701
    Been out of the padhacking game for a bit; I haven't followed a lot of the recent news about PCBs and padhacks.

What are the current best ways to get a stick to work on the Switch?

Padhacking a Pro controller is doable but rather costly.
    Hori makes the Switch Horipad which is wired and much cheaper, so that seems to be a suitable alternative.
    The Pokken controller works on Switch, but lacks a Home button.

Which (if any) custom PCB has Switch support?

Brooks UFB PCB does.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,701
    Chocobuny wrote: »
    I'm having problems with my stick on Windows at the moment. If I click gamepad controller, it shows button 13 as constantly on:

Wx9HK7y.jpg

This is causing issues in fightcade, as it won't let me map any button until the button has stopped being pressed. However, no button on my stick corresponds to button 13. I'm unable to actually open up my stick at one of the screws is stripped, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to disable a button through Windows 10?

I just plugged in my second stick and it has the same problem, so I guess it is a problem with my Brooks converter.

That stripped screw is the litch pin. Something is shorting out on your board
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,580
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Which (if any) custom PCB has Switch support?

Brooks UFB PCB does.
    Cool. At least that's an option.
    I'm hoping to not use a UFB since, at the moment, I won't need the additional console support (360/XBO/PS3) for the time being.
    Maybe. We'll see. :)
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • OpticalleverOpticallever Joined: Posts: 11
    What steps do I need to take before lubricating the pivot on a lever? I assume that I should clean off the old grease before lubing it, but not sure how. I was thinking rubbing alcohol and cotton swab/ball.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,371
    Alcohol and swabs work. Just make sure that the alcohol is 91% concentrated (or higher). I’d also go over things with a microfiber cloth first. Check this video:

edited December 2017
    warm water and mild dish soap works too, but you got to dry everything
    Post edited by Darksakul on
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,110
    edited December 2017
    Chocobuny wrote: »
    I'm having problems with my stick on Windows at the moment. If I click gamepad controller, it shows button 13 as constantly on:

Wx9HK7y.jpg

This is causing issues in fightcade, as it won't let me map any button until the button has stopped being pressed. However, no button on my stick corresponds to button 13. I'm unable to actually open up my stick at one of the screws is stripped, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to disable a button through Windows 10?

I just plugged in my second stick and it has the same problem, so I guess it is a problem with my Brooks converter.

That stripped screw is the litch pin. Something is shorting out on your board

Can't be the stick because I tried two different sticks, It has to be the converter. Unfortunately I get the PC Wired Stick 8388 problem (no inputs detected at all) if I use my stick without the converter
  • Nostromo21Nostromo21 Joined: Posts: 18
    Hi everyone, i tried using the search function but i can't seem to find the answer to i am trying my luck posting my question here.
    I am using Taeyoung fanta lever and some of the screws that comes with it is really low quality (all the heads are stripped now...) so i am thinking of changing it to better screws.

Do anyone know the type & measurement of the screw for:
    1. the 4 long screws that is used to tighten the collar and the body of the lever. (The one fastened with nut)
    2. the screw used to screw in the microswitch to the lever body.

Thanks in advance!
  • ToddlerMechanicsToddlerMechanics Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys I'm looking for a custom fightstick but dont know where to get one.

Can someone point me in the right direction? im looking to spend around $200.
    edited December 2017
    How much grease do I apply to the pivot and bowl part? A thin layer, pea sized amount or glob it on good and wipe off the excess? I don't have a syringe or guitar pick, I'm using my finger as an applicator. Would it be ok to use nitrile gloves when applying?
    edited December 2017
    Less is more. Coat the surfaces until they glide against each other easily. Avoid gloppy excess. Gloves are good.
    Approx a pea sized amount is the most you need for the whole joystick. No more.
    pivot/bowl and maybe other mechanical parts where there surface to surface friction happens; like the spring holder, where the holder meets the washer/joystick body.
    It is okay to get some grease on the lever/shaft, or other surface to surface friction metal or plastic parts.

Where you don't need grease: Switches, Actuator, Gate, Dust washers (will just make a mess), ball top, spring.
  • BlocksWithFaceBlocksWithFace Joined: Posts: 14
    Hey people, I just put together my first "stickless" controller and am thinking of doing another, but am looking to use clear 24mm buttons to insert art into. There's an auction on eBay for what appear to be Jyuee Ang buttons, which I was unfamiliar with, until I found some old threads about Rollie buttons.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10x-JA-OEM-24mm-Clear-Push-Button-Replace-For-Sanwa-OBSF-24-Buttons-Arcade-Parts/192280924930

My question is, anyone have experience with these? If so, thumbs up / down?

I can't guarantee that they are Rollie's, but am curious what you guys might have to say about the quality of Rollie's vs sanwas.

Lastly, have any of you put art into 24mm's, any tips. Something tells me it won't be as easy as with 30mms.

Thanks.
    Unless you live in a China, you’re wasting your time. Get those bad boys from a reputable place, like Paradise Arcade Shop

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/jyuee-ang-g101cl-pc/544-jyueeang-white-24mm-pushbutton.html

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/jyuee-ang-g101cl-pc-c/1451-jyueeang-white-24mm-pushbutton-quartz.html
    edited December 2017
    I'm thinking about trying a seimitsu ls 40, will disconnecting and reconnecting of the cable fatigue the connector? I ask because I don't have a second case.
    Post edited by Opticallever on
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 83
    A guy offered me a mad catz soul stick for $105, shipping not inclouded. Is that good? He is from the same country as me (mexico). Im asking for pics to see if contains box or scratched, anything.

Is that price ok?
    How expensive is shipping gonna be?
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    Im asking for pics

Always a good move. Ask for pics, if they refuse then its a No Go.
    pics of all sides... under good lighting.
  • Sorrow_22Sorrow_22 Joined: Posts: 4
    Hello,

I am looking for a site where I can buy my stick case, but every single site I have found is from US, like Tek-Innovations. I need a pushbutton layout, since I will make a hitbox style arcade controller. Do you know an European site where I can get this?

Thanks in advance.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,687
    edited December 2017
    is there any reliable/streamline way to use my 3.5mm headphones on any ps4 tournament setup without messing other people's audio or spending ten minutes hooking up splitters and stuff?
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 83
    edited December 2017
    I messaged the guy yesterday about the pics for the soul calibur v mad catz xbox 360 stick. No reply at all.
    It was through messenger, so either he hasn't seen the message, or just in the end doesn't care.
    I might try posting in the group again once I have more money.
    I could also try making a thread here in the trading outlet, but the shipping and the having to pay customs again (maybe) will be much more expensive.
    Idk, I'll check that out later

Edit: Nvm, the guy just responded with "okay" and I guess will proceed to send images lmao, updating this once I get them images
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,904
    edited December 2017
    Richter wrote: »

Well there couple of problems here

1. Scart is not a video format. Scart is just a connector, a connector that happens to be able to carry multiple formats.
    2. Scart can carry any of the following Component, Composite, S-video, RGBs, RGsB (RGB with sync on Green) with select lines being re purpose for each format.
    Scart can also be Bidirectional component (two different video signals going to opposite directions), which is used in European VCRs, Close Captioning Devices, and DVRs
    Blanking and Switching Pins sends "Blanking" information (in the form of voltage anywhere from 0 to 12 volts DC) to tell the display or receiver what video format to expect, and even switch between 4:3 or 16:9 screen ratios.

In the sense SCART is not RGB, and not all Scart cables carry RGB.
    Also your confusing composite (one yellow RCA Plug) for component (3 different color RCA Plugs, YPbPr)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

In most RGB Scart cables composite video is often used as sync/ the same wire/pin is used for both.
    That adapter isn't an converter, its a breakout. It assumes that Pin 19 is composite video, and the adapter allows you to break out the Composite video and stereo audio from a scart connector.

Very informative, much appreciation
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    What were you trying to do?

I'm thinking of buying a PCB supergun (the small kind that attaches directly to the board). From what I've seen, most of those kinds of superguns only output RGB since they don't have some kind of video converter. I'm trying to think of ways to to output composite, component, or s-video. I'll probably wait until the HAS Supergun has another run and if that takes too long, I'll just build my own supergun.

Once again, thanks for the information, helpful as always :tup: Now that I'm more familiar with SCART, I might just put a JROK into a project box and use a single SCART connector as output instead of wiring up phono jacks for each type of video and signal.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Richter wrote: »

I'm thinking of buying a PCB supergun (the small kind that attaches directly to the board). From what I've seen, most of those kinds of superguns only output RGB since they don't have some kind of video converter. I'm trying to think of ways to to output composite, component, or s-video. I'll probably wait until the HAS Supergun has another run and if that takes too long, I'll just build my own supergun.

Once again, thanks for the information, helpful as always :tup: Now that I'm more familiar with SCART, I might just put a JROK into a project box and use a single SCART connector as output instead of wiring up phono jacks for each type of video and signal.

jrok is your best bet
  • earthwormbenearthwormben Joined: Posts: 61
    After Xmas I'm getting back into the fgs, but I'm building a new stick. I'm very rusty as is my knowledge of parts. My current stick uses a standard jlf with a kowal and 2lb spring and sanwa buttons although I can be a little heavy when relaxed. What would people recommend putting in my next stick? (Can always switch back)
    try a LS-40
    try a LS-40
    Thanks, the hayabusa seems to get a lot of mixed reviews, what do you think of it?
    Very smooth (but long) throws... more loose than a JLF. Good for fighters. Terrible for everything else.
    Got another vote here for the LS-40. Best all around stick out there IMHO.
    Not keen on the long throws, I may look back into it once I get to spend more than 8 hours a week on using a stick.
    Think I'll pick up the LS-40 After Xmas.
    May look at changing the micro switches on my jlf also, see what I can get from that.
    edited December 2017
    If your stick currently utilizes a Sanwa JLF, then make sure to get the Seimitsu LS-40-01 variant, which utilized the same 5-pin connector. Make sure to flip the harness connector 180 degrees before connecting to the stick upon installation.

Which stick do you plan to install this joystick? You might need a mounting plate adapter as well.
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 82
    Where can i buy a Shaft extender for Seimitsu LS-56 or something similar?
    jopamo wrote: »
    If your stick currently utilizes a Sanwa JLF, then make sure to get the Seimitsu LS-40-01 variant, which utilized the same 5-pin connector. Make sure to flip the harness connector 180 degrees before connecting to the stick upon installation.

Which stick do you plan to install this joystick? You might need a mounting plate adapter as well.

I haven't decided yet, I'm looking up different enclosures. I'm a tough customer
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 579
    unaigalder wrote: »
    Where can i buy a Shaft extender for Seimitsu LS-56 or something similar?

I usually just pick these up from Amazon or Ebay.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GHBIOIA/
  • FearTheFuhajinFearTheFuhajin Trying to git gud *again* Joined: Posts: 214
    Cannot find the answer to what I'm looking for anywhere online. I wanna pick up the Xbox One Atrox, but I'm not sure how I would go about keeping the proprietary detachable cable and the Control Panel working like normal. I was thinking I could find a guide online, but no luck. Also thought that the EZ Mod for the Panthera would work too, but Jansen said it doesn't on his Q&A. Has anyone tried it?
    Steam ID: TaiteFGC
    Playstation Network: TaiteFGC

I wish I could change my username...
    Check out this guide created by myself and the boys over at the Sakura thread (RIP USF4): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eeIc5GM3waM3fYhz2UefmD9gznynb56yeMFD16MYLhQ/pub
  • thelordlonewolfthelordlonewolf Joined: Posts: 28
    I have a question about the history of the sanwa jlf, is true it was made for virtua fighter?