Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,664
    Pnoy Pryde wrote: »
    otter wrote: »
    does anyone sell custom arcade stick feet these days? I've seen threads long ago, but not lately.

Foehammer does acrylic feet. Ask on their facebook for a quote based on color options and height.

thanks!
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    I'm trying to update my firmware for PS360+ on Mac but when I try to flash the pcb, I get this.

http://imgur.com/hl5Apa6

What do I do?

Are you sure the .hex is in the same directory you're running the command from?

How do I put them in the same directory?
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    Or what directory should I put the .hex in?
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • Sal_The_TIllerSal_The_TIller Honeymoon Paradise! Joined: Posts: 210
    Or what directory should I put the .hex in?

Looks like you're in your home directory, so /Users/<your_username>/. You can check that by running "pwd".

Or the easy mode solution is to type "sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash " into the terminal, then drag the .hex file into the terminal window. It'll copy the location in for you. Then hit enter and type your password and all that jazz.
    Learn to use a multimeter: http://learn.adafruit.com/multimeters
    Solder excellently: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-guide-excellent-soldering
    PSN: Sal_The_Tiller / Steam: sal_the_tiller / 3DS: 1736-0991-4926
    NINE BUTTON STICK WORKS!
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    Hey guys back again looking for a little bit of guidance. I've been thinking of modding my TE for a few things, and after adding things up thought I could just buy a new stick, someone near me is selling a Fighting Edge for $100. Would there be any hassle modding the ps3 version to work with xbox 360 and have everything functional? Or would I be better off buying something else. I've grown tired of the old TE body and wouldn't mind starting from scratch. The Razer Atrox is also an option but much more expensive
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    edited January 2015
    You're better off starting with a 360 stick, adding ps3 support is cheaper and easier due to the 360's security chip.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • PhiZaRoaHPhiZaRoaH Joined: Posts: 34
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone played with one of the saturn controllers? With the USB? Heard something about how good they were. Wasn't sure if they work on the 360, though i assume it should since it's a USB. Link shows the controller pic if anyone needs it.

http://www.hexir.com/saturn-usb-controller-black-retrolink/?gclid=CKmBmOfR9sICFQaDfgod218ADw

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,292
    PhiZaRoaH wrote: »
    Has anyone played with one of the saturn controllers? With the USB? Heard something about how good they were. Wasn't sure if they work on the 360, though i assume it should since it's a USB. Link shows the controller pic if anyone needs it.

http://www.hexir.com/saturn-usb-controller-black-retrolink/?gclid=CKmBmOfR9sICFQaDfgod218ADw

Will not work on the 360.

Also 3rd party USB Saturn controller clones are really hit or miss, too often a miss.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Balls, well that hurt my heart a little bit. Lol

I have one it was really good, till the dpad started messing up. So I bought a Saturn pad and switched out the dpad. Works perfectly now.
    They don't make the authentic Sega ones anymore.

Regarding my question I think I won't mod it in that case. But will still buy it. Thanks
    edited January 2015
    [/quote]I have one it was really good, till the dpad started messing up. So I bought a Saturn pad and switched out the dpad. Works perfectly now.
    They don't make the authentic Sega ones anymore.

Regarding my question I think I won't mod it in that case. But will still buy it. Thanks[/quote]

You use it in the 360?? Or ps3? How much did the saturn pad run you?

I'm looking into getting an authentic one & looking for a converter. No clue if it such exists. Luffy uses a Ps1 pad for 360 dammit some way somehow a Saturn pad can be used. Lol
    There are a PS2 version of the Saturn pad but they are pricy.

The USB Saturn Pads are designed for PC using generic drivers, they DO NOT work on the 360. Fortunately USB Saturn Pads does work on the PS3.
    edited January 2015
    I hear the ps2 saturn pads with a Converter work in the 360. Pricey huh? Shiiiit.
    Doesn't gummo do conversions for xbox pads? Maybe he can do something for you, I'd contact him if I were you.
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    Doesn't gummo do conversions for xbox pads? Maybe he can do something for you, I'd contact him if I were you.

Do Not know who that is honestly. I'll see what i can come up with on contacting him.
    igloo77055 wrote: »

Do Not know who that is honestly. I'll see what i can come up with on contacting him.

He has a thread in the buying and selling section of this forum.
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    So, I was wondering, what do we know about PS4 version of USFIV? Will it lag like the PS3 version or can we expect something better? Also, I've been checking Japanese websites and no one is saying anything about a Japanese release.
    Roddy wrote: »
    So, I was wondering, what do we know about PS4 version of USFIV? Will it lag like the PS3 version or can we expect something better? Also, I've been checking Japanese websites and no one is saying anything about a Japanese release.

Because far as we know there isn't a PS4 release.
  • NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    Razer Atrox + MCC + Imp v2

Worked great for awhile. Having problems now.

In XBOX360/Atrox mode: Now, jab + strong + fierce + forward (1p2p3p2k) all register as rapid-fire/turbo. Guide LED is not on.
    In MCC mode: guide only works with S+S=G. Guide LED is on.

Any ideas?
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Naki wrote: »
    Razer Atrox + MCC + Imp v2

Worked great for awhile. Having problems now.

In XBOX360/Atrox mode: Now, jab + strong + fierce + forward (1p2p3p2k) all register as rapid-fire/turbo. Guide LED is not on.
    In MCC mode: guide only works with S+S=G. Guide LED is on.

Any ideas?

Wiring shorts to ground?/Cold solder joints?

Have you tested with a multimeter to make sure any signals including activation of turbo (or anything else) is not grounded?

Pics of wiring will help
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    Shit, my phone is dead. I'll post photos tomorrow of my wiring. Thank you for your help in this matter.

As of right now, I reattached the wire cables to the atrox PCBs and somehow managed to get the turbo buttons working to turn them off. For some reason the buttons don't correspond to their actual button placement. I'm not too bothered by this at the moment.

Biggest (non-issue) issue is S+S=G for MCC. Disable home wasn't bridged, guide + ground wasn't bridged anywhere else. I've tested with a multimeter. Additionally, I'm not sure if this is a feature of the Impv2 board but when I boot into the atrox PCB S+S=G works until I hit the actual guide button. After hitting the guide button, S+S=G does not work. I'd rather S+S=G not work at all, but I'm glad it exists for the problem I'm having with the MCC board.
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • RedTag14RedTag14 Joined: Posts: 107
    Hi guys, does anyone have a good idea what kind of quick disconnects the GGXrd TE2 uses? Accidently pulled one off the wire with pliers and it got ruined and needs replacing. Just read on SRK's recent review that they have release tabs to prevent the need for pliers. Wish I knew sooner. Also, how does one replace the wires attached to the connector/harness (don't know if this is the right terminology)? The TE2 uses a 16pc wire connector/harness for the buttons. Was interested in changing the colors and possibly sleeving them in the near future. Thanks in advance!
  • EpiEpi Joined: Posts: 348
    Recently my ps360+ has been acting up, with button/directional presses failing to register. While unplugging/replugging the usb (into the pcb, not the system) does fix it for a little while, does anyone have a better solution?

I did replace the usb cable with another (and they're both 6' I believe), but the problem has persisted. And it continues on different consoles too.
    Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend: Arakune
    Guilty Gear Xrd - Sign - : Leo=Whitefang, I-No
    Link to my sticks: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5364-Challenging-the-Concept-of-Arcade-Sticks
  • LucidMomentumLucidMomentum No Money, No Problems Joined: Posts: 35
    Epi wrote: »
    Recently my ps360+ has been acting up, with button/directional presses failing to register. While unplugging/replugging the usb (into the pcb, not the system) does fix it for a little while, does anyone have a better solution?

I did replace the usb cable with another (and they're both 6' I believe), but the problem has persisted. And it continues on different consoles too.

When did you buy yours? I bought mine when the re-release with the lag fixes came out this year, and I have similar issues. Sometimes it won't even register on PC. I've checked the wiring a few times so unless something on the board is shorting, I have no clue why it does that.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910

Only thing I can think of is a potential short between one of the data lines on the USB and ground depending on how clean your wiring is unless the PCB is going bad (not likely).

Any pics?
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • EpiEpi Joined: Posts: 348

When did you buy yours? I bought mine when the re-release with the lag fixes came out this year, and I have similar issues. Sometimes it won't even register on PC. I've checked the wiring a few times so unless something on the board is shorting, I have no clue why it does that.

Only thing I can think of is a potential short between one of the data lines on the USB and ground depending on how clean your wiring is unless the PCB is going bad (not likely).

Any pics?

Hmm. I'll have to check it again when I get home from work. I'll post the images when I do though.
    Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend: Arakune
    Guilty Gear Xrd - Sign - : Leo=Whitefang, I-No
    Link to my sticks: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5364-Challenging-the-Concept-of-Arcade-Sticks
  • Zero106Zero106 Joined: Posts: 134
    edited January 2015
    1) Does PS360+ have the same pinout of RJ-45 as MC Cthulhu?
    2) Any chances that Per release VMU support on PS360+ anytime soon or this project is closed?
    3) Is it possible to perfom dualmod with PS360+ and stock Dreamcast Agetec PCB to retain orgignal VMU Support? Any diagrams or advices?
    Thanks!
    I hear the ps2 saturn pads with a Converter work in the 360. Pricey huh? Shiiiit.

I saw original Saturn pad -> X360 adapters on ebay. Also there are Saturn pad -> PS2 adapters. If they are lagless this is much better than throwing $200-250 for original Saturn pad for PS2
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    1. Yes, otherwise you would need different system cables.
    2. He showed a prototype add on, but right now they're working on something to fix ps4 and xbone support, so don't hold your breath.
    3. Yes, assuming the agetech is common ground,I don't see why you couldn't. You may need a separate output for it since I'm assuming you would be switching more than d+ and d- if you intend on using the rj45 output on the ps360.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    I've got a PS360+ dual modded to a PS4 GG pad which is all connected to an IMPv2 (inside an official Hitbox case). Output is via the IMPv2 USB jack.

I know the mod is good because everything works as it should but only when using a 15cm (6 inch) USB cable. If I use the stock Hitbox cable (3 meters) then the PS4 side works absolutely fine, but as soon as I try switching to PS360+ it detects it but freaks out & disconnects whenever a button or direction is pressed. Bootloader mode is working.

The PS360+ works fine on its own when using the stock 3 meter USB cable.

So... the PS360+ is either experiencing a power problem when travelling through the IMPv2 or massive data signal corruption. Is there a way I can fix this without having to use a tiny 15cm USB cable? Halp!
  • everythingWasBeeseverythingWasBees Full of questions Joined: Posts: 159
    I've noticed that in the Check Out my New Arcade Stick Thread, among other places, that while Sanwa buttons and Seimitsu buttons are both very common in sticks, when it comes to clear buttons, especially those with art, the Seimitsu buttons are used almost exclusively. Is there a reason behind this?
    gahrling wrote: »
    I've got a PS360+ dual modded to a PS4 GG pad which is all connected to an IMPv2 (inside an official Hitbox case). Output is via the IMPv2 USB jack.

I know the mod is good because everything works as it should but only when using a 15cm (6 inch) USB cable. If I use the stock Hitbox cable (3 meters) then the PS4 side works absolutely fine, but as soon as I try switching to PS360+ it detects it but freaks out & disconnects whenever a button or direction is pressed. Bootloader mode is working.

The PS360+ works fine on its own when using the stock 3 meter USB cable.

So... the PS360+ is either experiencing a power problem when travelling through the IMPv2 or massive data signal corruption. Is there a way I can fix this without having to use a tiny 15cm USB cable? Halp!

Could be something to do with the impedance of the stock cable. Did you try a different (maybe a better made) 3 meter long cable?
    I've noticed that in the Check Out my New Arcade Stick Thread, among other places, that while Sanwa buttons and Seimitsu buttons are both very common in sticks, when it comes to clear buttons, especially those with art, the Seimitsu buttons are used almost exclusively. Is there a reason behind this?

Two reasons.

1 - Sanwa clears are relatively new. Sanwa started pumping them out a few years back whereas Seimitsu has had clears around for 10+ years? (Time periods might be a bit off, but rough estimates offhand)

2 - Clear Sanwas are garbage (purely my opinion, but I've spoken with a lot of people that agree with me). They just don't feel right with the activation of the microswitch in comparison to a standard OBSF.
  • RedTag14RedTag14 Joined: Posts: 107

Two reasons.

1 - Sanwa clears are relatively new. Sanwa started pumping them out a few years back whereas Seimitsu has had clears around for 10+ years? (Time periods might be a bit off, but rough estimates offhand)

2 - Clear Sanwas are garbage (purely my opinion, but I've spoken with a lot of people that agree with me). They just don't feel right with the activation of the microswitch in comparison to a standard OBSF.

Probably also the fact that clear snap-in buttons (the only kind that Sanwa offers) are brittle and the tabs break easily. Same goes for GamerFinger buttons except they are worse since there's very little give to the tabs. I guess they only break if you swap them out frequently like I do since I change the art on my stick every now and then. I imagine Sanwa clears would be popular if they had a good screw-in variant. I'm okay with how they feel, but I'm not too picky about buttons in the first place. xP
    Clear plastic is more brittle than non-clear. Also screw in buttons are easier to install.
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 409
    I bought a used T6 stick and its really nasty especially the guide button, what would be a good replacement for it button wise?
    I really don't want to resort to using paint.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Clear plastic is more brittle than non-clear. Also screw in buttons are easier to install.
    RedTag14 wrote: »
    Probably also the fact that clear snap-in buttons (the only kind that Sanwa offers) are brittle and the tabs break easily.

As a follow up question then: would trading the rims of the buttons to solid plastic rims fix this? Also can you switch out the rims of a snap-in and a screw-in, for that matter?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    You can buy buttons with a clear center and solid outside but if the only reason you're doing that is fear of breaking a $3 button, I've had brand new Sanwa solid snap-in buttons break before and none of my clear ones ever broke from removing and changing them in different sticks,
    but if you want to get clear and screw-ins work for whatever you're putting it in then I would get screw-in over snap-in.
    Tensho wrote: »
    You can buy buttons with a clear center and solid outside but if the only reason you're doing that is fear of breaking a $3 button, I've had brand new Sanwa solid snap-in buttons break before and none of my clear ones ever broke from removing and changing them in different sticks,
    but if you want to get clear and screw-ins work for whatever you're putting it in then I would get screw-in over snap-in.

I want to do solid rims with art inserts, but would prefer Sanwa buttons over Seimitsu. If the OBSC plungers are compatible with the OBSN and OBSF rims, I would be able to do this, and also solve the snap-in issue. Unfortunately the only sanwa button combinations I'm able to find are clear rims and solid plungers.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2015

I want to do solid rims with art inserts, but would prefer Sanwa buttons over Seimitsu. If the OBSC plungers are compatible with the OBSN and OBSF rims, I would be able to do this, and also solve the snap-in issue. Unfortunately the only sanwa button combinations I'm able to find are clear rims and solid plungers.

I think they fit seeing how they sell just the clear plunger just for that purpose
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/button-stuff/732-sanwa-obsc-30-crystal.html

I think they fit seeing how they sell just the clear plunger just for that purpose
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/button-stuff/732-sanwa-obsc-30-crystal.html
    Well I'm an idiot. I somehow completely looked that over. Thank you so much!