Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

Comments

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,741
    Yeah, didn't they let Prima write a frame data manual, and allow the authors to play the game in Capcom HQ before the game was released?

Seems like a procrastinator's excuse to me.
    They let prima do a a guide. Prima has always afaik had to manually count the frames. They usually aren't being given them by capcom.

But capcom is inconsistent, another of its amazingly shit qualities. They said no to hit boxes for the longest time, but then released mvc3 for vita and included hitboxes for that, presumably as an incentive to buy that game on vita over the PS3/360.

I'm simply saying what capcom has said in the past. it is of course a stupid premise, pc can hack the hitboxes and the frame data and there is no good reason not to include frame data or hitboxes in a fighting game unless you are trying to hide some really bad hitboxes or frame data.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,563
    edited May 21
    Seems like a procrastinator's excuse to me.

Yeah, "trade secrets" definitely must have been said tongue in cheek..

I get that they perhaps don't want to clutter their pretty-looking game with that stuff, but it should undoubtedly be an option somewhere in training mode.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • twocoinstwocoins New account -- been around 10 years. Joined: Posts: 611
    FIRST FUCKING PRIORITY NEED REGION FILTER PLEAAAAAASE!!!!!

I want "TWO" favorite characters. Lets be real, sometimes subs are needed if you want to use more of the mid to low tier bracket. They do it in tournaments. Why not in other modes on the 2nd match choice?

and RANK should have seasons with rewards and reset every new season.
    Example TOP 500 gets something really good. Animated EMBLEMS or new COLORS.
    Each seasonal should end with fight money rewards based on where you ended. More fghter money the higher you go. Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master. Etc.
    You should get bonus fight money and lp for beating WIN STREAKS or getting WIN STREAKS.

Profiles should look more like Overwatch with seasonal usage, hours played, other stats etc. And showing where you placed each season.

Game needs more customized options you can buy for FM. Fight Intros, Taunts, and Victory Screens. I'm sure people will gladly buy a new victory screen for Alex...lmao.
    How bout some more costumes that emphasis creativity over sex appeal for women. And how about more costumes for the guys? Birdie for example? Does CHUN need 10 outfits? (exaggeration for those who dont understand sarcasm or hyperbole)

I have 3 ultra plat accounts on my PSN...and i did so primarily when learning new characters. I thought the climb was fun. Just diving in and not worrying about points loss... New seasons that correspond with character releases or for anyone wanting to learn a new char can just start with a new one each season. New seasons would bring back players who left. Or players who like the race. And it keeps people playing because they want the rewards...Or keep people engaged to try new stuff like trying a new character, like the example said earlier. Outside of Arcade mode the game is starting to get all the missing modes finally but sure lack some obvious things like a REGION FILTER. The other customized options is to help people spend that extra FM on.

• p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 646
    twocoins wrote: »

I want "TWO" favorite characters. Lets be real, sometimes subs are needed if you want to use more of the mid to low tier bracket. They do it in tournaments. Why not in other modes on the 2nd match choice?

Each seasonal should end with fight money rewards based on where you ended. More fghter money the higher you go. Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master. Etc.
    You should get bonus fight money and lp for beating WIN STREAKS or getting WIN STREAKS.

Profiles should look more like Overwatch with seasonal usage, hours played, other stats etc. And showing where you placed each season.

Game needs more customized options you can buy for FM. Fight Intros, Taunts, and Victory Screens. I'm sure people will gladly buy a new victory screen for Alex...lmao.
    How bout some more costumes that emphasis creativity over sex appeal for women. And how about more costumes for the guys? Birdie for example? Does CHUN need 10 outfits? (exaggeration for those who dont understand sarcasm or hyperbole)

I have 3 ultra plat accounts on my PSN...and i did so primarily when learning new characters. I thought the climb was fun. Just diving in and not worrying about points loss... New seasons that correspond with character releases or for anyone wanting to learn a new char can just start with a new one each season. New seasons would bring back players who left. Or players who like the race. And it keeps people playing because they want the rewards...Or keep people engaged to try new stuff like trying a new character, like the example said earlier. Outside of Arcade mode the game is starting to get all the missing modes finally but sure lack some obvious things like a REGION FILTER. The other customized options is to help people spend that extra FM on.

How do you have 3 accounts on your psn?
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 284
    I need in-game chat added so I can call out runners for being little bitches, even if their PSN settings are private.
  • twocoinstwocoins New account -- been around 10 years. Joined: Posts: 611
    edited May 30
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    twocoins wrote: »

How do you have 3 accounts on your psn?

PSN names free and unlimited with any email address. You can still log on with your original PS+ account and switch users. You stay online using your PS+ account. DLC is account lock tho...ugh.
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT METRO CITY NINJUTSU Joined: Posts: 757
    edited May 31
    Get stage music correct before release. Bring ALL original stages back. Fire entire staff and hire competent employees. Obviously Crapcom USA can't handle this franchise. I pray that CC Japan makes every SF going forward.
    Post edited by SPECTERLIGHT on
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Get stage music correct before release. Bring ALL original stages back. Fire entire staff and hire competent employees. Obviously Crapcom USA can't handle this franchise. I pray that CC Japan makes every SF going forward.
    Capcom Japan made SFV.

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod

DIMPS developed SFV and Ono was the lead.

you're retarded.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,434

Nigga, Japan is the reason why this game is in a shit heap.

Jesus get some knowledge
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
    You all know the girls running after you when you get knocked into the tunnel in the Brazil stage.

I'd like to see the exact same animation but with three new gals, this time in the Las Vegas stage.
  • GiefsBulgeGiefsBulge Beauty of Muscles Joined: Posts: 17
    I think Hillside Plaza is hands down the best song, and estate at noon without NPC's the best looking stage.

Isn't there a 2017 pro tour stage theme that's coming?
    Yes there is. I think you can find it on Youtube.

I'm really looking forward to it, and best of all - I've already paid for it so I'm gettin' that shit for free.
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 498
    edited June 5
    Froztey wrote: »

DIMPS developed SFV and Ono was the lead.

you're retarded.

Did DIMPS also develop USF4?

Post edited by Touchdown on
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
    No idea if DIMPS had any work involvement in SFIV after vanilla release.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Compact87Compact87 Wrong Turn Joined: Posts: 113
    edited June 5
    I wish for global, regional and character ingame chat with whisper option ty
    edited June 11
    So a lil' trivial thing... "Reversal" is written in red and that's good because it means stop and wait because it's probably invulnerable.

But counter hit and tech have gotten mixed up. Counter hit should be green as it means "go, you got some extra frame advantage" and tech should be yellow and mean "hold up, back up".
  • HellwyckHellwyck Joined: Posts: 3
    Well, after 4 years and multiple emails, Capcom;
    1. Fixed my name from a random string of numbers and also
    2. Told me they couldn't fix it (ok...).
    I need some cool wind physics on the airplane stage.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,099
    1-input lag
    2-limit the Crush Counters to AA situations and DP punishes
    3- get rid of the turn based nature of the game,too many YOLO dp's to keep up the attacker turn.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,248
    edited June 20
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Remove CC on back dash. Literally that's all I want.

I was actually going to type this yesterday, but then got sidetracked... I agree, this is my largest gripe.

I would also like to see jumps, throws, and command grabs get one or two more startup frames in lieu of reducing the input delay.
    Post edited by KingCrimson on
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit ATOMIC ZANGI Joined: Posts: 745
    edited June 21
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    2-limit the Crush Counters to AA situations and DP punishes

I like the crush counter nature of the heavy attacks. Because big reward entails big risk.
    Except, that crush counters need to be less safe when misused. Hence, they can live up to their risk/reward nature.
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Remove CC on back dash. Literally that's all I want.

You know, you can stop back dashing right?
    It really is that simple. And you won't get counter hit or crush countered.
    I would also like to see jumps, throws, and command grabs get one or two more startup frames in lieu of reducing the input delay.

So you want them to make the game more responsive, and then compensate by making the game less responsive?
    A more responsive game is a good thing.
    If anything, they need to shave off more frames from moves once the input lag is reduced. The slow overheads come to mind.
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Body slamming those busters
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,248
    edited June 21

So you want them to make the game more responsive, and then compensate by making the game less responsive?
    A more responsive game is a good thing.
    If anything, they need to shave off more frames from moves once the input lag is reduced. The slow overheads come to mind.

Perhaps, I worded it poorly. What I meant is that if they can't (or won't) reduce the input lag any further (which is preferred to me), then I would like to see an extra startup frame or two added to jumps, throws, and command grabs, just to allow for a little more reaction room for the other player... This should make AA's, and throw techs a little easier.

Granted, this isn't the best solution, as it will hurt in other areas as well (such as jump-kicking an opponent who throws a fireball), but I think it would be an improvement, if they don't change the input delay anyways.

I do agree about over-heads. Right now there is, I think, a perfect amount of time to react to them, but yeah, if 1 frame of delay is taken away, then I think that 1 frame of startup should be taken away from OH's as well.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,821
    You still think they will reduce the input lag?
    I doubt this will happen, it has to be intentional at this point.

Deal with it, input delay reduction will never happen, same as Arcade Mode will never happen.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit ATOMIC ZANGI Joined: Posts: 745
    Cipher wrote: »
    You still think they will reduce the input lag?
    I doubt this will happen, it has to be intentional at this point.

Deal with it, input delay reduction will never happen, same as Arcade Mode will never happen.

Well, we're praying for input delay reduction.

But I wouldn't bet against Arcade Mode, considering the real possibility of Super Street Fighter V.

Oh, Please make Gill the boss. Frustrates the shit out of new players. And killing him twice is rewarding ~ RESURRECTION
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Body slamming those busters
  • deadlythedragondeadlythedragon Joined: Posts: 14
    Namco Bandai needs to absorb Capcom
  • RouninRounin Joined: Posts: 174
    Burn it to the fucking ground.
  • albertinoalbertino Joined: Posts: 19
    edited July 1
    Capcom is fucked regardless of who runs them, you can see in their games that the people working on them lack any drive or passion. Shows in the aesthetic of their new releases, they all look devoid of any artistic inspiration and they're rushed to boot

Bit of a sweeping statement there IMHO - what about RE7 for example - generally considered excellent and a success.

I agree stuff desperately needs fixing in SFV but Capcom still wins on a few qualities: I much prefer the animation and pace/feel compared to Injustice 2 for instance. That stuff doesn't get good without some sort of drive or passion.

edited July 1
    albertino wrote: »
    Capcom is fucked regardless of who runs them, you can see in their games that the people working on them lack any drive or passion. Shows in the aesthetic of their new releases, they all look devoid of any artistic inspiration and they're rushed to boot

Bit of a sweeping statement there IMHO - what about RE7 for example - generally considered excellent and a success.

I agree stuff desperately needs fixing in SFV but Capcom still wins on a few qualities: I much prefer the animation and pace/feel compared to Injustice 2 for instance. That stuff doesn't get good without some sort of drive or passion.

Sorry, I should specify this is the department that runs fighting games specifically. Their internal structure is a myth to me so...the team who work on any FG projects are soulless and devoid of life right now.

Monster Hunter and RE7 are still great fun.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • GrackGrack Joined: Posts: 2
    - Seasons with points reset
    - All ranked matchs should be FT2
    - Possibility to exit the match if both players consider it laggy
    - Region lock
    - Flags should be automatic and not user defined
    - In game chat, I want some salt
    - In vs mode, the player who loose should be able to go back to select screen.
  • igogorekigogorek Joined: Posts: 133
    I want the ability for the players to create trials and upload it to the game. Not only in SFV but in all FGs. So that people could share tech in game not on YouTube (or here if that matters).
    It doesn't even feel like it's hard to implement - trial mechanism is already in the game.

With that trials could become really useful in learning the game. You could make trials for optimal combos, optimal punishes for all chars, setups and oki, confirms, interrupts and v-reversal places, whiff punishes, anti-fireball tech, etc.
    Developer would never have the capacity to do all that - it's too much work and meta is always changing. But community already does that, on youtube and forums. Crowdsourcing is real, it makes things done. Ask wikipedia if in doubt. All we need is a good platform for that.
    In game it would be more accessible and uniformal. You could add ranking for trials and moderation so it would not get out of control.
    They could add incentives to create trials and complete trials. Like give fight money, unique titles, uniques cosmetics etc. That would be a much better way to farm fight money that survival or arcade mode. And useful.
    They could even create a survival like mode for trials - like complete that trial 10 times in a row without a mistake and get a reward. Or create training plans for characters, for matchups etc.

I think the biggest problem in FGs is how hard it is to collect all data and then to invent ways to train it. Not to actually train it. We all used to do it but for beginners it's way harder. I remember how i was starting and it was slow, despite the internet and despite that i grasp new concepts really fast. And most fun of playing starts when you have knowledge and can execute basic things, upon which you can implement your gameplan.
    Developers are trying to shorten that learning period by simplifying the game. And i do like simple effective things but i don't think it's the solution. FGs will still be vast and hard. It's what makes them fun and longliving. What we need are ways to help people learn in a very easy way.
  • igogorekigogorek Joined: Posts: 133
    Also specifically in SFV i wan't training mode to be tweaked.
    Ability to record action for any situation when dummy lost control and when regained control. It's needed for testing resets and training punish of whiffed jump in.
    Ability to play as player 2 in training.
    Random amount of resources when you reset training. To train resources awareness during combo training.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,145
    edited August 10
    animations should match hitboxes and frame data much more closely. specials that are really good that are safe on block should be tweaked.

stop making so many ways around projectiles. they already suck plus are easy to punish.

AA specials without invincibility should not trade or lose to stupid braindead jump ins. speaking of which, lower the hit/block stun on air normals so they have to do them deeper in order to combo from them or be plus enough to continue pressure. this will automatically fix shitty AA.

get rid of Bison's stupid invisible dash that isn't truly representing when he dashes. ie, his dash animation comes out way after the dash input so you're always reacting to it late and are just guessing.

and last but not least, bring this game down to 4-5 frame input delay. if none of these can be implemented, SFV should burn in a fiery hell for the rest of eternity and the responsible fucks at the company should get AIDs.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,026
    edited August 10
    Game needs more blackjack and hookers imo
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,145
    edited August 11
    get rekt @Cipher u fuck. if you got something better to say or contest a point then do it.

EDIT
    drunk as hell when i posted this. sorry
    Post edited by pootnannies on

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon