Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

1103104106108109

Comments

  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,757 mod
    get rekt @Cipher u fuck. if you got something better to say or contest a point then do it.

    point machine broke
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    if you got something better to say or contest a point then do it.
    ClVo2vAWIAA9ARh.jpg
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 499
    Some fellas and females.
    I've been away for so long without playing SFV. Been playing a lot of USF4.
    What's happening in the V camp?
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • alexbibalexbib Joined: Posts: 53
    edited August 2017
    They should reverse Alex's legs in his standing stance, would look much better. He's a character I really like, but I can't look at him without raging because of this...

    Edit: his hyper bomb (the EX one) animation is also very ugly. The way they flip makes no sense at all.
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 923
    Let there be an option to set up the dummy to wake up/get out of block stun with a reversal or a delayed move. If you choose reversal, a list of every move of the character comes up and you can pick whatever you want without needing to input it yourself (useful with weird motions like birdie's ex bullhorn, mika's long vtrigger, or rog's taps higher than one). If you choose delayed, the regular menu comes up
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,862
    Flacko_ali wrote: »
    More combos.. I don't know how anybody can play characters like necalli and Karin.. the same linear combos setups... puts you to sleep.

    Karin has more combos and options than you think, the problem is the same linear combos are also the best Capcom give her. Blame them not the character,same story for any character in the game.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,431
    People likely won't agree, because they like turtle stuff, but something I'd love to see taken out of the game is throw protection on hit and block. Wakeup throw protection can stay... even be buffed imo. But throw protection on hit and block is really stupid imo.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 440
    edited August 2017
    Care to elaborate @Dime ?

    I assume you don't mean removing it to the extreme, because then you could just cancel into command grabs (for those few that can) on block and have it always hit. Do you want KoF style throws? Blazblue maybe, where you can throw on hit/block stun but the tech duration is longer?

    If you're simply referring to the few frames of immunity after blocking/being hit, then I also wonder. Throws are so slow in SFV, is it even possible to tick throw so fast you whiff? This is common in other games where throws are 1-3 frames, but I don't remember ever running into that issue when I played SFV.

    Interested to know.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Rage quitting should do something scummy on the dropper's next match, like starting each round with only 25% health.

    "Welcome back you big jerk. Don't do it again and at least you'll start with 100% health and get another fair chance again"
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,174
    edited October 2017
    delete
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,306 mod
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,882 mod
    Ibuki

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,431
    Skiegh wrote: »
    Care to elaborate @Dime ?

    I assume you don't mean removing it to the extreme, because then you could just cancel into command grabs (for those few that can) on block and have it always hit. Do you want KoF style throws? Blazblue maybe, where you can throw on hit/block stun but the tech duration is longer?

    If you're simply referring to the few frames of immunity after blocking/being hit, then I also wonder. Throws are so slow in SFV, is it even possible to tick throw so fast you whiff? This is common in other games where throws are 1-3 frames, but I don't remember ever running into that issue when I played SFV.

    Interested to know.

    Sorry, I've stopped playing this game and following this forum and didn't realise you had mentioned me:


    Yes it's totally possible to throw so fast that you wiff the throw on your opponent.

    Not only is it possible, with some ticks it's probable, this gets even worse for CH.

    Some people don't notice this because they tick throw slow enough to where even on CH their tick throw will connect.

    The reason why this isn't good to do is because you leave an imprecise amount of frames between when you jab and when you throw. So you never really know the throw tech window that you are forcing on your opponent so it becomes much harder to do something such as frame trap your opponents tech attempt... and shimmies only go so far.

    Take a fairly common frame situation in sf5:

    Jab = +2 on block +3 on hit.

    In this situation, assuming that you don't have to walk forward to throw, you can tick your opponent as fast as possible on block, but if you use that timing on hit your throw will wiff because the opponent is immune to throws for frames 4 and 5 and your throw will make contact on frame 5.

    So some really good tick throw setups are from moves that are +1/+2 so that even if the move hits, you still are able to throw the opponent as fast as possible.

    But those kinds of moves are few and far between in sf5 while still leaving you in position to throw without walking forward, and even the few that are, if you get a CH instead of a regular hit then you still can't throw as fast as possible because the CH will put the opponent into an unthrowable state for the next 6 frames which overlaps with your 5 frame startup throw.

    I just think it weakens throws way to severely tbh and it's one of many things I really hate about sf5. Even the stupid throw system makes you as an attacker have to guess various states of your opponent rather than just being able to capitalise in your good position that you earned with a nice, easy tick throw/frame trap mixup.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • EdmundEdmund Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 844
    Ex version of vskill. Done by pressing vskill plus one other button. Something like red focus attack.

  • substetlysubstetly Joined: Posts: 39
    Every V-Skill should be usable defensively as well as offensive. Offensive V-Skill should also work as a possible combo finisher for almost any combo.
  • Ren_HibikiRen_Hibiki Joined: Posts: 8
    Hope to see some improvements to the game to make characters feel more enjoyable to play
    SFV is already a very simplified game and playing with a character like Karin makes it even more prevalent.

    *Side note* Give Karin a fucking Plus frame Ex special move already! She's one of the very few characters that don't have one!


  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 499
    Heard it's not looking good.
    SFV is on life support.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    Ren_Hibiki wrote: »
    Hope to see some improvements to the game to make characters feel more enjoyable to play
    SFV is already a very simplified game and playing with a character like Karin makes it even more prevalent.

    *Side note* Give Karin a fucking Plus frame Ex special move already! She's one of the very few characters that don't have one!


    You want to give a character who can throw you 4 + ob normals in a row in the face a + on block special?
    Sure, lets give her one, at the same time, pls give Cammy a SPD and a Sonic Boom.
    Touchdown wrote: »
    Heard it's not looking good.
    SFV is on life support.

    You heard wrong.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • Ren_HibikiRen_Hibiki Joined: Posts: 8
    Cipher wrote: »
    You want to give a character who can throw you 4 + ob normals in a row in the face a + on block special?
    Sure, lets give her one, at the same time, pls give Cammy a SPD and a Sonic Boom.

    Most of the character(Not all) has at least one + plus frame Special
    Ken has some throw loops, but still has his Ex Hadoken which is +1 (+3 when v-trigger is active)

    Since you want to mention Cammy. She has EX Razors edge slicer which is +3









  • EdmundEdmund Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 844
    Infinite rematches in Ranked but introduce a decaying LP gain so that it can't be farmed.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    Ren_Hibiki wrote: »

    Most of the character(Not all) has at least one + plus frame Special
    Ken has some throw loops, but still has his Ex Hadoken which is +1 (+3 when v-trigger is active)

    Since you want to mention Cammy. She has EX Razors edge slicer which is +3

    You mean this move everyone sees coming and takes forever to come out?
    Yeah, thats so bad balanced, better make it - on block, because of what an immense advantage it creates.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,862
    Karin is good at she is, the only thing I would improve of her are the antiairs. She don't need an EX dumb move to spam like Rog EX Dash Punch or Urien EX Shoulder before the update. I think Capcom gonna fix even those moves if they want to stay loyal to their commitment motto in SFV.
  • Ren_HibikiRen_Hibiki Joined: Posts: 8
    Cipher wrote: »

    You mean this move everyone sees coming and takes forever to come out?
    Yeah, thats so bad balanced, better make it - on block, because of what an immense advantage it creates.

    Doesn't matter whether you deem it to be useful or not, It doesn't change the fact that she still has it lol

    Anyway, fuck Cammy my only concern is Karin :)




    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Karin is good at she is, the only thing I would improve of her are the antiairs. She don't need an EX dumb move to spam like Rog EX Dash Punch or Urien EX Shoulder before the update. I think Capcom gonna fix even those moves if they want to stay loyal to their commitment motto in SFV.

    Capcom had every opportunity to fix Rog's Ex dash straight with both balance patches, but they didn't
    which leads me to believe they probably won't change it in the next balance patch either.

  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,862
    Ren_Hibiki wrote: »
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Karin is good at she is, the only thing I would improve of her are the antiairs. She don't need an EX dumb move to spam like Rog EX Dash Punch or Urien EX Shoulder before the update. I think Capcom gonna fix even those moves if they want to stay loyal to their commitment motto in SFV.

    Capcom had every opportunity to fix Rog's Ex dash straight with both balance patches, but they didn't
    which leads me to believe they probably won't change it in the next balance patch either.

    Who cares? Karin don't need a plus on block special, that's it, her pressure game it's already top notch. I mean,getting closer with her is pretty easy,with her normals you could stagger the opponent all day, if he missed the counterpoke Karin can drop a CH combo who generate a shitload of damage if she has meter. Cammy and Rog aren't that strong on the ground like Karin, fact. Cammy EX RH is easy to stop,Rog EX Dash Punch could be normalised in the next patch,especially if the UE4 running SFV gets the update (less input lag, more possibilities to react to those moves).
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,308
    edited October 2017
    One simple improvement that needs to happen IMO. Any air-to-air hit should NEVER result in the successful attacker being crossed up. Sick and tired of correctly predicting an enemies jump and hitting them only to land AFTER i hit them mid air and get mixed up. Air to air hits need to fall slower so its either neutral or the attacker gets the mixup. Trades should obviously result in a neutral. And before anyone says it, if you're at an awkward angle and can't DP/normal, air to air SHOULD be viable. I mean we have stupid ass jabs still anti-airing people. I mean if we can leave that in, I'm sure we can fix air to airs right? Yeah I'm salty as hell.
    Post edited by NaokiB4U on
  • PampattitudePampattitude Joined: Posts: 31
    edited October 2017
    I wonder what could the SFV team do to improve different playstyles in the game.

    I'm nowhere near good (I'm a filthy casual), but I've been tired of esports SFV for a while now, mainly because all matches feel generic, always the same routine.

    In SFIV, players seemed to adopt new ways to open up the opponent every round (Bonchan's Sagat vs. Alex Valle's Hugo is a great example) to mix things up a little and make sure the opponent didn't have time to adapt. This could happen because characters were multidimensional, but it doesn't seem to be the case so much in SFV (example, Valle's Abigail vs. Stupendous' Zangief; might not be the best example at all, but I had a few Valle matches in my YouTube history).

    I think this could be improved a lot by adding more defensive options:
    • defensive air options: SFA3 had air blocks, Third Strike had air parry. I feel being in the corner limits options a lot in SFV, and having defensive tools to risk jumping around the opponent could help mitigate that
    • the difference in use cases between crush counters (great to capitalize on the opponent pressing buttons to defend (like when being cornered)) and whiff punishing is way too big in SFV, to the point where, from what I see, risking crush countering moves is more rewarding than whiffing them is punishing. I don't know how this could be fixed though, but TS had red parry to force the opponent to respect your defense and find new ways to open you up. Was still hard to pull of though
    • no uniform universal defensive option besides blocking. V-reversal vary wildly across the roster, which in my opinion forces a specific use of the feature instead of allowing for different follow-ups and tactics

    What I propose to fix this:
    • a uniform universal defensive option ("uniform" in the sense that ALL characters can use it, and it behaves the same way): something like a V-repel that pushes the opponent back, probably usable during blockstrings only, to push the opponent back at the cost of some V-meter, to gain space / stop pressure / open up to zoning, could also deal gray health to force respect
    • a uniform universal combo escape, at the cost of some V-meter
    • air blocking. Not sure about this one, but it might help creating another playstyle of bait jump-ins to punish
    • air specials during neutral / back jumps, mainly for zoning and creating space. I don't know why they removed them, but I think it would be great being able to use Ibuki's kunai for zoning or Dhalsim's Yoga Gale. I wonder if new specials being added for back jumps like Cammy's Canon Strike would help leading to more playstyles
    • less startup, more recovery. I think this has been requested a lot for punishing whiffs

    Note that I don't think they should add ALL of these options, but some could make their way into SFV to mix things up a bit.
    Also, these ideas may be too reliant on V-meter (because I needed a trade-off).

    The thing is, the point of adding more defensive options is, IMO, to be able to crank up the craziness in the offence department, unhinge offensive options. With more tools to defend, you can also add more tools to offense, such as:
    • a V-cancel tool to manually cancel specials to allow for longer combos; this would work nicely with the "uniform universal combo escape" as you can trade some V-meter to pressure your opponent into using his, or use it as a comeback tool by dealing high damage in a single instance
    • more specials, or more "effects" added to different versions of the same special, such as hard knockdown or juggle or something. Having tools to escape combos or reduce pressure with this feature would allow for more V-meter economy, as you'd have to make sure you have enough meter to avoid being stuck in a long combo, or go all-in and use your V-meter to increase pressure / damage / combo strings

    These ideas might also be a subtle nerf to V-trigger though :/

    I don't know.
    Post edited by Pampattitude on
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2017
    My mind is made up, SFV needs:

    Second V-reversal and improved V reversals. The two reversals need to be functionally/purposefully different.

    V-Air Recovery that costs 1 bar of V gauge. (See Alpha 3)

    Improve or replace all the shitty V-skills in the game.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 336
    SFV needs MAJOR balance adjustments, voice chat, streamlined UI, more classic characters from SF2, and more stage transitions, just to start.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    Random wrote: »
    SFV needs MAJOR balance adjustments, voice chat, streamlined UI, more classic characters from SF2, and more stage transitions, just to start.

    V already got every good character from SF2, the only one who would be worth returning is Fei Long.
    Sagat comes with Season 3 anways, Blanka,Honda,Deejay,Timmathy Hawk can stay in the trashbin they're currently in.

    I want to hear these major balance adjustmeants, so I can dismiss them as bad.

    Fuck voice chat, the last thing I want is people crying over a microphone.

    Stage transitions are the only good point in this comment.

    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 336
    Cipher wrote: »
    Random wrote: »
    SFV needs MAJOR balance adjustments, voice chat, streamlined UI, more classic characters from SF2, and more stage transitions, just to start.

    V already got every good character from SF2, the only one who would be worth returning is Fei Long.
    Sagat comes with Season 3 anways, Blanka,Honda,Deejay,Timmathy Hawk can stay in the trashbin they're currently in.

    I want to hear these major balance adjustmeants, so I can dismiss them as bad.

    Fuck voice chat, the last thing I want is people crying over a microphone.

    Stage transitions are the only good point in this comment.

    You sound like a little punk so I'm not gonna waste effort engaging too much with you. Don't pick characters you don't like, disable features you don't like. As far as balance goes, I'm more intelligent than you, and so therefore your dismissal would mean less than nothing to me as I'd certainly do a better job balancing a game than you would. It's as if a cripple were to think himself a better runner than the average man; it's laughable but also somewhat sad...
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    So you have no clue, no idea and just talk smart.

    I'm not even surprised, your comment was youtube 0815 niveau.

    Now get out of my sight little boy.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 336
    edited October 2017
    Cipher wrote: »
    So you have no clue, no idea and just talk smart.

    I'm not even surprised, your comment was youtube 0815 niveau.

    Now get out of my sight little boy.

    The root of your angst is crystal clear. I'm sorry that daddy didn't love you, but it is time to move on. He probably didn't even mean it when he said such things to you anyway, parenthood is difficult. Regardless, no need to dredge up your painful past and dump it onto others.

    I am not even sure what your little YouTube comments means, nor do I care. Also, I "talk smart" because I am smart, You speak like an idiot because...? Come on, you can figure this one out, right?
    lol nah daddy meant to shoot you on the sheets you little stain

    gg git rekt fggt
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    Instead of addresing any point you went for straight insults, that doesn't work against me anyway.

    As I said you just talk smart and have nothing to say, if you can't defend or even adress any of your points they're worthles.

    Have a bad day.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 336
    Cipher wrote: »
    Instead of addresing any point you went for straight insults, that doesn't work against me anyway.

    As I said you just talk smart and have nothing to say, if you can't defend or even adress any of your points they're worthles.

    Have a bad day.


    What are you, six? lmfao

    You made no points, just decided to vomit your shitty opinions into my lap and pre-dismiss me. You're confirmed to be literally six years old. Grow the hell up bud.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Let's please get rid of all the frame 1 projectile invulnerability... :anguished:

    It doesn't make any sense to always run the risk of getting smacked the f** on the face for throwing a hadoken.

    It's completely moronic.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,862
    NG1313 wrote: »
    Let's please get rid of all the frame 1 projectile invulnerability... :anguished:

    It doesn't make any sense to always run the risk of getting smacked the f** on the face for throwing a hadoken.

    It's completely moronic.

    Those moves are there to force the zoner to not throw fireballs mindlessly, so you have to get gud at zoning. SFV isn't SF2 or SF4 where zoning was a thing, that ain't going to change.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Hey nephew.

    No they really need to fix this.... :anguished:

    SF4 zoning was no different than 5 by the way, in my opinion. Still Zangief waiting with that damn EX ka-pow, and Cammy with the same shit she has in 5 and so on.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,953
    SFIV and SFV zoning have a lot of differences.

    It was a lot lot lot lot lot easier in SFIV duo to a shitload of things.

    Hell Guile mains from SFIV complained that Guiles Sonic Booms need now commitmeant in SFV.
    If that isn't a sign, then I don't know what is.

    I personaly love zoning with normals:
    This is my dance area, this is your dance arena, now try to step into mine.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,431
    edited November 2017
    NG1313 wrote: »
    Let's please get rid of all the frame 1 projectile invulnerability... :anguished:

    It doesn't make any sense to always run the risk of getting smacked the f** on the face for throwing a hadoken.

    It's completely moronic.

    I agree with this. Though I don't know what moves have projectile invincibility on frame 1 (besides supers which totally deserve frame 1 invincibilty to projectiles), but the way I see it:

    Throwing a fireball is a decent sized commitment because of the fact that if your fireball gets jumped, you take AT LEAST a jhk,sweep combo. But more than likely you will take a full combo.

    The way I would have it is, non metered moves would have decent range but have really big startup before projectile invincibility, plus they would be very negative on block. Metered moves get invincibility quicker, but have less range but are more safe as well.

    Some amalgamation of that. The only problem I really see is the fact that fireballs in sf5 have such huge varying properties on them. You have stuff like guiles L boom, and then you have stuff like chuns L kikoken...

    I thought fireball zoning was perfect in sf4, best in the series for me. Not crazy good like ST but not non existent like 3s or even sf5.

    I'm getting back into this game since no one is playing mvci, and I think maybe zeku is the character that ive been waiting for. Good AA AND good pokes, without the need to charge or have terrible walkspeed, plus good damage and a reversal.
    Gettin' my derp on.
Sign In or Register to comment.