Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    get rekt @Cipher u fuck. if you got something better to say or contest a point then do it.

point machine broke
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,821
    if you got something better to say or contest a point then do it.
    ClVo2vAWIAA9ARh.jpg
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 498
    Some fellas and females.
    I've been away for so long without playing SFV. Been playing a lot of USF4.
    What's happening in the V camp?
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • alexbibalexbib Joined: Posts: 49
    edited August 14
    They should reverse Alex's legs in his standing stance, would look much better. He's a character I really like, but I can't look at him without raging because of this...

Edit: his hyper bomb (the EX one) animation is also very ugly. The way they flip makes no sense at all.
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 799
    Let there be an option to set up the dummy to wake up/get out of block stun with a reversal or a delayed move. If you choose reversal, a list of every move of the character comes up and you can pick whatever you want without needing to input it yourself (useful with weird motions like birdie's ex bullhorn, mika's long vtrigger, or rog's taps higher than one). If you choose delayed, the regular menu comes up
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 330
    More combos.. I don't know how anybody can play characters like necalli and Karin.. the same linear combos setups... puts you to sleep.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,097
    Flacko_ali wrote: »
    More combos.. I don't know how anybody can play characters like necalli and Karin.. the same linear combos setups... puts you to sleep.

Karin has more combos and options than you think, the problem is the same linear combos are also the best Capcom give her. Blame them not the character,same story for any character in the game.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,737
    People likely won't agree, because they like turtle stuff, but something I'd love to see taken out of the game is throw protection on hit and block. Wakeup throw protection can stay... even be buffed imo. But throw protection on hit and block is really stupid imo.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 436
    edited August 24
    Care to elaborate @Dime ?

I assume you don't mean removing it to the extreme, because then you could just cancel into command grabs (for those few that can) on block and have it always hit. Do you want KoF style throws? Blazblue maybe, where you can throw on hit/block stun but the tech duration is longer?

If you're simply referring to the few frames of immunity after blocking/being hit, then I also wonder. Throws are so slow in SFV, is it even possible to tick throw so fast you whiff? This is common in other games where throws are 1-3 frames, but I don't remember ever running into that issue when I played SFV.

Interested to know.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,563
    Rage quitting should do something scummy on the dropper's next match, like starting each round with only 25% health.

"Welcome back you big jerk. Don't do it again and at least you'll start with 100% health and get another fair chance again"
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,141
    edited October 2
    delete
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    Ibuki

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,737
    Skiegh wrote: »
    Care to elaborate @Dime ?

I assume you don't mean removing it to the extreme, because then you could just cancel into command grabs (for those few that can) on block and have it always hit. Do you want KoF style throws? Blazblue maybe, where you can throw on hit/block stun but the tech duration is longer?

If you're simply referring to the few frames of immunity after blocking/being hit, then I also wonder. Throws are so slow in SFV, is it even possible to tick throw so fast you whiff? This is common in other games where throws are 1-3 frames, but I don't remember ever running into that issue when I played SFV.

Interested to know.

Sorry, I've stopped playing this game and following this forum and didn't realise you had mentioned me:

Yes it's totally possible to throw so fast that you wiff the throw on your opponent.

Not only is it possible, with some ticks it's probable, this gets even worse for CH.

Some people don't notice this because they tick throw slow enough to where even on CH their tick throw will connect.

The reason why this isn't good to do is because you leave an imprecise amount of frames between when you jab and when you throw. So you never really know the throw tech window that you are forcing on your opponent so it becomes much harder to do something such as frame trap your opponents tech attempt... and shimmies only go so far.

Take a fairly common frame situation in sf5:

Jab = +2 on block +3 on hit.

In this situation, assuming that you don't have to walk forward to throw, you can tick your opponent as fast as possible on block, but if you use that timing on hit your throw will wiff because the opponent is immune to throws for frames 4 and 5 and your throw will make contact on frame 5.

So some really good tick throw setups are from moves that are +1/+2 so that even if the move hits, you still are able to throw the opponent as fast as possible.

But those kinds of moves are few and far between in sf5 while still leaving you in position to throw without walking forward, and even the few that are, if you get a CH instead of a regular hit then you still can't throw as fast as possible because the CH will put the opponent into an unthrowable state for the next 6 frames which overlaps with your 5 frame startup throw.

I just think it weakens throws way to severely tbh and it's one of many things I really hate about sf5. Even the stupid throw system makes you as an attacker have to guess various states of your opponent rather than just being able to capitalise in your good position that you earned with a nice, easy tick throw/frame trap mixup.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • EdmundEdmund Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 749
    Ex version of vskill. Done by pressing vskill plus one other button. Something like red focus attack.

• substetlysubstetly Joined: Posts: 38
    Every V-Skill should be usable defensively as well as offensive. Offensive V-Skill should also work as a possible combo finisher for almost any combo.
  • Ren_HibikiRen_Hibiki Joined: Posts: 8
    Hope to see some improvements to the game to make characters feel more enjoyable to play
    SFV is already a very simplified game and playing with a character like Karin makes it even more prevalent.

*Side note* Give Karin a fucking Plus frame Ex special move already! She's one of the very few characters that don't have one!

• TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 498
    Heard it's not looking good.
    SFV is on life support.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
    Ren_Hibiki wrote: »
    Hope to see some improvements to the game to make characters feel more enjoyable to play
    SFV is already a very simplified game and playing with a character like Karin makes it even more prevalent.

*Side note* Give Karin a fucking Plus frame Ex special move already! She's one of the very few characters that don't have one!

You want to give a character who can throw you 4 + ob normals in a row in the face a + on block special?
    Sure, lets give her one, at the same time, pls give Cammy a SPD and a Sonic Boom.
    Touchdown wrote: »
    Heard it's not looking good.
    SFV is on life support.

You heard wrong.

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Cipher wrote: »
    You want to give a character who can throw you 4 + ob normals in a row in the face a + on block special?
    Sure, lets give her one, at the same time, pls give Cammy a SPD and a Sonic Boom.

Most of the character(Not all) has at least one + plus frame Special
    Ken has some throw loops, but still has his Ex Hadoken which is +1 (+3 when v-trigger is active)

Since you want to mention Cammy. She has EX Razors edge slicer which is +3

• EdmundEdmund Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 749
    Infinite rematches in Ranked but introduce a decaying LP gain so that it can't be farmed.

Most of the character(Not all) has at least one + plus frame Special
    Ken has some throw loops, but still has his Ex Hadoken which is +1 (+3 when v-trigger is active)

Since you want to mention Cammy. She has EX Razors edge slicer which is +3

You mean this move everyone sees coming and takes forever to come out?
    Yeah, thats so bad balanced, better make it - on block, because of what an immense advantage it creates.

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Karin is good at she is, the only thing I would improve of her are the antiairs. She don't need an EX dumb move to spam like Rog EX Dash Punch or Urien EX Shoulder before the update. I think Capcom gonna fix even those moves if they want to stay loyal to their commitment motto in SFV.
    Cipher wrote: »

You mean this move everyone sees coming and takes forever to come out?
    Yeah, thats so bad balanced, better make it - on block, because of what an immense advantage it creates.

Doesn't matter whether you deem it to be useful or not, It doesn't change the fact that she still has it lol

Anyway, fuck Cammy my only concern is Karin :)

NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Karin is good at she is, the only thing I would improve of her are the antiairs. She don't need an EX dumb move to spam like Rog EX Dash Punch or Urien EX Shoulder before the update. I think Capcom gonna fix even those moves if they want to stay loyal to their commitment motto in SFV.

Capcom had every opportunity to fix Rog's Ex dash straight with both balance patches, but they didn't
    which leads me to believe they probably won't change it in the next balance patch either.

NCK_Feroce wrote: »

Capcom had every opportunity to fix Rog's Ex dash straight with both balance patches, but they didn't
    which leads me to believe they probably won't change it in the next balance patch either.

Who cares? Karin don't need a plus on block special, that's it, her pressure game it's already top notch. I mean,getting closer with her is pretty easy,with her normals you could stagger the opponent all day, if he missed the counterpoke Karin can drop a CH combo who generate a shitload of damage if she has meter. Cammy and Rog aren't that strong on the ground like Karin, fact. Cammy EX RH is easy to stop,Rog EX Dash Punch could be normalised in the next patch,especially if the UE4 running SFV gets the update (less input lag, more possibilities to react to those moves).