Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

1103104105106107109»

Comments

• NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Capcom cheated on me Joined: Posts: 3,490
    Dime wrote: »
    People want their ability to hold down back to play the entire game for them...

Makes zero sense. CC are easy to jump over mostly, easy to wiff punish and are the most prone moves to getting CC’d in the first place. That’s a lot of proactive ways to beat them already. You just want the game to play for you for some reason and hand you all the answers. Every move with decent priority in this game people lose their minds and say things like it needs to be punishable on block because they can’t think of proactive solutions to their situation.

It’s just “capcom solve this problem for me”

You ever tried to jump over Necalli st.HK? You will notice immediately how different is from doing the same over Karin st.HK in example. Jumping forward will whiff because of Necalli forward momentum during the CC move,jumping neutral requires good timing or you get AAed pretty easily. Some characters don't even try to play footsies because a good range CC normal it's enough to fill the midrange. Too often punishing a random CC move don't give enough reward for the player who played footsies well.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,094
    edited December 2
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »

Makes zero sense. CC are easy to jump over mostly, easy to wiff punish and are the most prone moves to getting CC’d in the first place. That’s a lot of proactive ways to beat them already. You just want the game to play for you for some reason and hand you all the answers. Every move with decent priority in this game people lose their minds and say things like it needs to be punishable on block because they can’t think of proactive solutions to their situation.

You ever tried to jump over Necalli st.HK? You will notice immediately how different is from doing the same over Karin st.HK in example. Jumping forward will whiff because of Necalli forward momentum during the CC move,jumping neutral requires good timing or you get AAed pretty easily. Some characters don't even try to play footsies because a good range CC normal it's enough to fill the midrange. Too often punishing a random CC move don't give enough reward for the player who played footsies well.

I’ve never had problems with necallis st.hk, mostly I just block it, though I’ve jumped over it quite a bit as well.
    Granted I’m not playing against the best players by any means, but I also played a local offline necalli a long set and though he was beating me on average 2-1, he’s a 15k lp player so, no slouch though necalli was his secondary not his main. I also played his Akuma and wrecked shop, though that was like his 3rd or 4th string character.

Most neutral crush counters don’t give me trouble. I tend to get CC’d much more waking up by things like Akuma cr.hp and rog st.hk.

Not that I never get CC’d. Funnily enough the only time I remember getting salty being CC’d was playing against some Juri that had some kind or impeccable timing or read on mine and was hitting me with like 3 st.hk CC’s a round... I was trying to learn necalli at the time though and didn’t have his footsies down at all.

So I do understand the plight of the stubby normaled ones... but that’s why I only use characters with range. Stubby normals are asking to get blown up by CC. That’s just how things work.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Fresh314Fresh314 Joined: Posts: 71
    Is anyone else having server problems since the last update? I'm constantly getting disconnected from the server and even things like loading replays are failing or taking an inordinate amount of time. The game is barely playable as it is now. Am I alone?

I’ve never had problems with necallis st.hk, mostly I just block it, though I’ve jumped over it quite a bit as well.
    Granted I’m not playing against the best players by any means, but I also played a local offline necalli a long set and though he was beating me on average 2-1, he’s a 15k lp player so, no slouch though necalli was his secondary not his main. I also played his Akuma and wrecked shop, though that was like his 3rd or 4th string character.

Most neutral crush counters don’t give me trouble. I tend to get CC’d much more waking up by things like Akuma cr.hp and rog st.hk.

Not that I never get CC’d. Funnily enough the only time I remember getting salty being CC’d was playing against some Juri that had some kind or impeccable timing or read on mine and was hitting me with like 3 st.hk CC’s a round... I was trying to learn necalli at the time though and didn’t have his footsies down at all.

So I do understand the plight of the stubby normaled ones... but that’s why I only use characters with range. Stubby normals are asking to get blown up by CC. That’s just how things work.

Even characters without stubby limbs gets CCed by random CC. A friend of mine just do st.HK with Necalli 24/7 and if he has meter sometimes he goes for ex dp when blocked. Even if it's straight up stupid that guess works. That's the point,he could go for it because his CC is hard to punish. Why he need to stop doing it if the opponent can't punish hard and properly? That's the point.
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 658
    edited December 2

...he could go for it because his CC is hard to punish. Why he need to stop doing it if the opponent can't punish hard and properly? That's the point.

Kinda sounds like every SF I have played with a strong tool(s)...
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,094
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »

...he could go for it because his CC is hard to punish. Why he need to stop doing it if the opponent can't punish hard and properly? That's the point.

Thats exactly it. If you cant stop it, then they shouldnt stop doing it.
    @NCK_Feroce

What character do you use in this matchup? Whats your cfn?
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited December 2
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »

Thats exactly it. If you cant stop it, then they shouldnt stop doing it.
    NCK_Feroce

What character do you use in this matchup? Whats your cfn?

Before Zeku I was on Karin, but that MU wasn't a problem for me. Karin could punish Necalli st.HK easily with her V-Skill out of Necalli range.
    The CC spam in neutral becomes a general issue, not mine. Isn't casual how this thing was discussed even in other sites. Whatever, we'll see what happens in a week.

@Dime my cfn is the same as my nickname.