Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

17980828485109

Comments

  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,609
    Maxman wrote: »
    Hire ArtVandelay to tell Capcom where they fucked up C:

    Dude seriously, if I was in charge of that fucking team that does the interface, you'd actually have something like an interface.
    It's all the little things that add up that disappoint you about the game.

    Seriously I'll make a fucking list of everything wrong with SFV and put that shit on Capcom-Unity and hope someone who works on SFV actually reads it.

    I'd praise that fucking game to high heavens, even in bare-bone state if the little we got, was actually made with some ease of use and growing a community in mind.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,148
    FDream wrote: »
    IMPROVEMENTS/MECHANICS/Salt YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN SFV

    #1 my hatred for this game
    #2 my decent play not carrying over from sf4 or hd remix
    #3 losing in this game and being able to say: he/she beat me and he outplayed me
    #4 mashing normals at any range and getting bodied for free
    #5 blockstun being a bitch and hitstun an even smaller bitch so combo's are all over the place
    #6 anti airs are weak as fuck in this game.

    Bout to smash my arcade stick for free if after guile drops this game doesnt improve

    Scrub quote
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,037
    Maxman wrote: »
    Hire ArtVandelay to tell Capcom where they fucked up C:

    Dude seriously, if I was in charge of that fucking team that does the interface, you'd actually have something like an interface.
    It's all the little things that add up that disappoint you about the game.

    Seriously I'll make a fucking list of everything wrong with SFV and put that shit on Capcom-Unity and hope someone who works on SFV actually reads it.

    I'd praise that fucking game to high heavens, even in bare-bone state if the little we got, was actually made with some ease of use and growing a community in mind.

    DO IT
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ioio Joined: Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wish the v-trigger and ex meters were more pronounced. Maybe it's just me, but I lose track of the level because they're small(v-trig) and blend into the background(ex)
    (you're == you are) != your
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    Maxman wrote: »
    Hire ArtVandelay to tell Capcom where they fucked up C:

    Dude seriously, if I was in charge of that fucking team that does the interface, you'd actually have something like an interface.
    It's all the little things that add up that disappoint you about the game.

    Seriously I'll make a fucking list of everything wrong with SFV and put that shit on Capcom-Unity and hope someone who works on SFV actually reads it.

    I'd praise that fucking game to high heavens, even in bare-bone state if the little we got, was actually made with some ease of use and growing a community in mind.

    I actually in the minority that doesnt mind the interface all that much
    It has this unique kind of "dashboard"-ish kind of feel to it and simple in general, nothing too fancy , my style

  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    FDream wrote: »
    IMPROVEMENTS/MECHANICS/Salt YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN SFV

    #1 my hatred for this game
    #2 my decent play not carrying over from sf4 or hd remix
    #3 losing in this game and being able to say: he/she beat me and he outplayed me
    #4 mashing normals at any range and getting bodied for free
    #5 blockstun being a bitch and hitstun an even smaller bitch so combo's are all over the place
    #6 anti airs are weak as fuck in this game.

    Bout to smash my arcade stick for free if after guile drops this game doesnt improve

    I've dropped and slapped my fightstick. Thing doesn't wanna break.
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • DRCsyntaxDRCsyntax The Ugly Joined: Posts: 1,032
    otter wrote: »
    DRCsyntax wrote: »
    Id like it if people didn't fall out of combos when dizzied, that shit is fucking retarded.

    Would scale worse then the way it is now.

    It "makes" me waste bar sometimes, but that's because I'm stupid and not paying attention to their stun meter. A git mo gud scenario.

    From a balance perspective it's fine, but from a pure video game angle, it feels really dumb to be punished for dizzying someone. 3s dizzy specific juggles felt SO good! They could have 90% scaling. Who cares, that's not the point.

    3s Spoiled us.
    http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
    Please read this and understand why it is, that you suck.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    Why no allow taunts after the match? It's like deevolution since 3s
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ParryThis wrote: »
    Why no allow taunts after the match? It's like deevolution since 3s

    Holding down a button in the alpha series had different win poses assigned to them.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Those are the types of detail that would add the most flair to the game. Instead they do shit like have the stage song just kind of button itself up after a win.
  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    If you implement a rematch option force players to rematch then
  • KyBadGuyKyBadGuy Joined: Posts: 30
    There is no indicator in the replay channel to show the user which replays they have already watched. Please add an indicator of sorts.

    A replay list queue. In other words make it so that the user can add replays to a queue and watch them in succession. And/or watch the replays present in the queue in the order the user specifies.

    Cut the anti air jabs out. For example Characters like Laura can't score a legitimate jump in vs Alex's jab.

    Carry over V trigger gauge to the next round. It will make the game more fast paced.

    Add different modes ala grooves. Currently SFV combo system as it is leaves some of the more advanced players with an empty feeling. Keep the current mode for players that prefer this more simplistic style of combos.
    The longest journey starts with a single step
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    edited April 2016
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    KyBadGuy wrote: »
    There is no indicator in the replay channel to show the user which replays they have already watched. Please add an indicator of sorts.

    A replay list queue. In other words make it so that the user can add replays to a queue and watch them in succession. And/or watch the replays present in the queue in the order the user specifies.

    Cut the anti air jabs out. For example Characters like Laura can't score a legitimate jump in vs Alex's jab.

    Carry over V trigger gauge to the next round. It will make the game more fast paced.

    Add different modes ala grooves. Currently SFV combo system as it is leaves some of the more advanced players with an empty feeling. Keep the current mode for players that prefer this more simplistic style of combos.

    How about stop jumping noob.

    Or, you know, we can think about actual balance and ask why a character with already great anti-air tools like Ryu not only gets an invincible DP but also 3-5 normals that anti-air, in addition to a jab that anti-airs crossups. IMO anyone with an invincible reversal needs to lose any kind of jab anti-air or at least have the hitbox adjusted.

    I disagree with HNIC Mike though. Alex needs it, because that's his only real reliable one that's fast enough not to trade. You really don't need to jump in on Alex all the time either with Laura. While crHP is a good move for Alex, it trades because of how slow it is. You really gotta anticipate the jump with that. For the other characters, I see no reason why Ryu or Cammy or Necalli even get it. All have invincible DPs with and without bar....so why are we giving them more defensive options so they don't have to bother blocking?

    Ehh but not much we can do with those, that would involve completely reworking jabs for those characters (taking away frames or reducing height on hitboxes). Not like its used all that much for a bunch of them anyways, but just always confused me as to why they get so many.
    Post edited by NaokiB4U on
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,380
    How would you guys feel if armored EX moves (Mika, Laura, Alex), could be CC punished like a Shoryuken?
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    edited April 2016
    How would you guys feel if armored EX moves (Mika, Laura, Alex), could be CC punished like a Shoryuken?

    IF the armor came out frame 1, yes I'd accept that. Reason being is that the issue isn't that the armor gets eaten up (there are very few multi-hitting moves that go faster than their EXs) its that the armor activates WAY too late for them to be useful as reversals.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,691
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    KyBadGuy wrote: »
    There is no indicator in the replay channel to show the user which replays they have already watched. Please add an indicator of sorts.

    A replay list queue. In other words make it so that the user can add replays to a queue and watch them in succession. And/or watch the replays present in the queue in the order the user specifies.

    Cut the anti air jabs out. For example Characters like Laura can't score a legitimate jump in vs Alex's jab.

    Carry over V trigger gauge to the next round. It will make the game more fast paced.

    Add different modes ala grooves. Currently SFV combo system as it is leaves some of the more advanced players with an empty feeling. Keep the current mode for players that prefer this more simplistic style of combos.

    How about stop jumping noob.

    Or, you know, we can think about actual balance and ask why a character with already great anti-air tools like Ryu not only gets an invincible DP but also 3-5 normals that anti-air, in addition to a jab that anti-airs crossups. IMO anyone with an invincible reversal needs to lose any kind of jab anti-air or at least have the hitbox adjusted.

    I disagree with HNIC Mike though. Alex needs it, because that's his only real reliable one that's fast enough not to trade. You really don't need to jump in on Alex all the time either with Laura. While crHP is a good move for Alex, it trades because of how slow it is. You really gotta anticipate the jump with that. For the other characters, I see no reason why Ryu or Cammy or Necalli even get it. All have invincible DPs with and without bar....so why are we giving them more defensive options so they don't have to bother blocking?

    Ehh but not much we can do with those, that would involve completely reworking jabs for those characters (taking away frames or reducing height on hitboxes). Not like its used all that much for a bunch of them anyways, but just always confused me as to why they get so many.

    Because don't jump at Ryu or whoever is a rule whether they DP you or not.

  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    KyBadGuy wrote: »
    There is no indicator in the replay channel to show the user which replays they have already watched. Please add an indicator of sorts.

    A replay list queue. In other words make it so that the user can add replays to a queue and watch them in succession. And/or watch the replays present in the queue in the order the user specifies.

    Cut the anti air jabs out. For example Characters like Laura can't score a legitimate jump in vs Alex's jab.

    Carry over V trigger gauge to the next round. It will make the game more fast paced.

    Add different modes ala grooves. Currently SFV combo system as it is leaves some of the more advanced players with an empty feeling. Keep the current mode for players that prefer this more simplistic style of combos.

    How about stop jumping noob.

    Or, you know, we can think about actual balance and ask why a character with already great anti-air tools like Ryu not only gets an invincible DP but also 3-5 normals that anti-air, in addition to a jab that anti-airs crossups. IMO anyone with an invincible reversal needs to lose any kind of jab anti-air or at least have the hitbox adjusted.

    I disagree with HNIC Mike though. Alex needs it, because that's his only real reliable one that's fast enough not to trade. You really don't need to jump in on Alex all the time either with Laura. While crHP is a good move for Alex, it trades because of how slow it is. You really gotta anticipate the jump with that. For the other characters, I see no reason why Ryu or Cammy or Necalli even get it. All have invincible DPs with and without bar....so why are we giving them more defensive options so they don't have to bother blocking?

    Ehh but not much we can do with those, that would involve completely reworking jabs for those characters (taking away frames or reducing height on hitboxes). Not like its used all that much for a bunch of them anyways, but just always confused me as to why they get so many.

    Because don't jump at Ryu or whoever is a rule whether they DP you or not.

    What we can't be like R.Mika and take to the skies every 2 seconds?! Lame. Seriously though there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to jump in when he's knocked down and cross him up....except he can jab you out of it if timed right :P
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,252
    KyBadGuy wrote: »
    Carry over V trigger gauge to the next round. It will make the game more fast paced.

    So Necalli can instantly go into V-Trigger state for an entire round. No thanks.

    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,691
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    KyBadGuy wrote: »
    There is no indicator in the replay channel to show the user which replays they have already watched. Please add an indicator of sorts.

    A replay list queue. In other words make it so that the user can add replays to a queue and watch them in succession. And/or watch the replays present in the queue in the order the user specifies.

    Cut the anti air jabs out. For example Characters like Laura can't score a legitimate jump in vs Alex's jab.

    Carry over V trigger gauge to the next round. It will make the game more fast paced.

    Add different modes ala grooves. Currently SFV combo system as it is leaves some of the more advanced players with an empty feeling. Keep the current mode for players that prefer this more simplistic style of combos.

    How about stop jumping noob.

    Or, you know, we can think about actual balance and ask why a character with already great anti-air tools like Ryu not only gets an invincible DP but also 3-5 normals that anti-air, in addition to a jab that anti-airs crossups. IMO anyone with an invincible reversal needs to lose any kind of jab anti-air or at least have the hitbox adjusted.

    I disagree with HNIC Mike though. Alex needs it, because that's his only real reliable one that's fast enough not to trade. You really don't need to jump in on Alex all the time either with Laura. While crHP is a good move for Alex, it trades because of how slow it is. You really gotta anticipate the jump with that. For the other characters, I see no reason why Ryu or Cammy or Necalli even get it. All have invincible DPs with and without bar....so why are we giving them more defensive options so they don't have to bother blocking?

    Ehh but not much we can do with those, that would involve completely reworking jabs for those characters (taking away frames or reducing height on hitboxes). Not like its used all that much for a bunch of them anyways, but just always confused me as to why they get so many.

    Because don't jump at Ryu or whoever is a rule whether they DP you or not.

    What we can't be like R.Mika and take to the skies every 2 seconds?! Lame. Seriously though there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to jump in when he's knocked down and cross him up....except he can jab you out of it if timed right :P

    If there's enough time to jab you on a knockdown, then that means he could just as easily auto corrected a dp

  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    Move Mika and Laura to SFIV and give us 2 classic SF characters
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 549
    comebragas wrote: »
    Move Mika and Laura to SFIV and give us 2 classic SF characters

    Like classic ST claw?
  • Cereal and MilkCereal and Milk Best Breakfast Combo! Joined: Posts: 151
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.
    I only play charge characters =/
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,513
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    The philosophy is I think "If you lose to lower lvl players you deserve the points lost."
  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    edited April 2016
    Deathology wrote: »
    comebragas wrote: »
    Move Mika and Laura to SFIV and give us 2 classic SF characters

    Like classic ST claw?

    Like anyone we miss as Fei long or Sagat. Mika and Laura playstyles are more suited for MK
    Post edited by comebragas on
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 823
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    That's weird, cus I love winning a huge amount of points to high level frauds.
    Get Serious!

    Location: South Florida (N. Miami)

    SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 3500

    SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    learis1 wrote: »
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    That's weird, cus I love winning a huge amount of points to high level frauds.

    But good playes don't want to waste their time playing against bad players who will give you 1 point for the match
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,462
    comebragas wrote: »
    learis1 wrote: »
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    That's weird, cus I love winning a huge amount of points to high level frauds.

    But good playes don't want to waste their time playing against bad players who will give you 1 point for the match

    then prove your worth and beat them easily?
    or lose massive points because fraud


    region filter
    please dear god region filter
    and some sort of communication system
    voice chat but mutable
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    edited April 2016
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    The philosophy is I think "If you lose to lower lvl players you deserve the points lost."

    My philosophy is also to sandbag using my Bronze Steam account and stealing points from Gold level players. Totally deserved.

    I didn't realize how horrible point loss was until I swapped to my Steam account just to learn a new character. Holy crap man like 150 point loss PER MATCH. Kind of nuts considering how easy it is to rank up/down.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,380
    Imo, point loss needs to be standardized a bit more. Even in bronze, points feel way too swingy. Higher ranks should be more lenient, but gain/loss inflates so much that it gets MORE swingy.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,380
    Also, one thing I liked about Marvel 3 was that you were placed in the middle of your next rank rather than the bottom, so you weren't flopping between ranks so much.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,513
    edited April 2016
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    The philosophy is I think "If you lose to lower lvl players you deserve the points lost."

    My philosophy is also to sandbag using my Bronze Steam account and stealing points from Gold level players. Totally deserved.

    I didn't realize how horrible point loss was until I swapped to my Steam account just to learn a new character. Holy crap man like 150 point loss PER MATCH. Kind of nuts considering how easy it is to rank up/down.

    The game only goes off rank. Not personal skill or whatever. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. :coffee:

    One day this trick will cease completely though. Might as well do it while can. :coffee:

    And you're learning a new character through ranked? On a different account? Why don't you just take new character through Bl or casual or even through ranked on your main account? Seems like a waste of time and hassle.
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    edited April 2016
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    They need better rank matching. I hate losing HUGE amount of points to random low leveled players. It's not even worth the run-back when you lose a crap ton of points.

    The philosophy is I think "If you lose to lower lvl players you deserve the points lost."

    My philosophy is also to sandbag using my Bronze Steam account and stealing points from Gold level players. Totally deserved.

    I didn't realize how horrible point loss was until I swapped to my Steam account just to learn a new character. Holy crap man like 150 point loss PER MATCH. Kind of nuts considering how easy it is to rank up/down.

    The game only goes off rank. Not personal skill or whatever. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. :coffee:

    One day this trick will cease completely though. Might as well do it while can. :coffee:

    And you're learning a new character through ranked? On a different account? Why don't you just take new character through Bl or casual or even through ranked on your main account? Seems like a waste of time and hassle.

    Well I already have the game on both Steam and PS4 so it isn't that hard to literally rotate my office chair from facing the TV to face my PC Monitor. I swap because while I may be a Gold level Laura I'm definitely a Bronze level Alex/Guile. So if I want to even LEARN basics with them in a live(ish) setting, I'd rather be facing some bronze-silver players. Ironically in Casual I get matched up with only Silver - Gold players, but in Ranked always get thrown to Bronze players even though I'm gold. Really janky system.

    I kind of agreed with some who suggested having a rank based on character again similar to SFIV. If I'm a Gold level Laura I should face Silver or higher. If I'm a Bronze level Guile I should face Bronze and some silvers. Not how it works sadly :(
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,513
    Makes sense to you I suppose.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,380
    You know what might help ranked? A "skill difference" setting that only matches you with people within X ranks of you. Ex: I could be Super Silver and only fight (Super/Ultra) Silvers or Gold and fight anyone in the Silver, Gold, or Platinum ranks. If you don't mind waiting longer to get a on-level match, this should be a simple fix.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    edited April 2016
    Makes sense to you I suppose.

    It makes a lot of sense because I learn absolutely NOTHING about a new character while getting smashed by Gold level players. I will face less of them (in both Casual AND ranked) on a fresh Bronze account. Plus I'll be on the same level as the bronze players. Example: I've never played Guile seriously in any iteration of SF. Trying him out now but basically have to relearn basics because I rarely use charge characters.
    You know what might help ranked? A "skill difference" setting that only matches you with people within X ranks of you. Ex: I could be Super Silver and only fight (Super/Ultra) Silvers or Gold and fight anyone in the Silver, Gold, or Platinum ranks. If you don't mind waiting longer to get a on-level match, this should be a simple fix.



    This was a thing in SFIV that worked fine. I don't know why they left it out of this game.
  • Cereal and MilkCereal and Milk Best Breakfast Combo! Joined: Posts: 151
    Anyone else getting fucked over by the net code by not being able to get a run back option?
    I only play charge characters =/
  • MesenkomahaMesenkomaha Joined: Posts: 580
    We know that certain specials/command normals like Necalli's stomp and Gief's headbutt are classified as projectiles, are there any other specials or command normals that are like this?
Sign In or Register to comment.