Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

Comments

• TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 493
    Cipher wrote: »
    Touchdown wrote: »
    Did the versatility of close normal's blow up your crouch tech?
    Or you struggled with the combos?
    Or did someone message you bad things...

Hahahahahahahahahha

And here we have a prime example of the people still playing SFIV.

MOBA level of incompetence.

You idiot didn't even read the whole text, CVS2 requires more of everything than IV does. CVS doesn't hold your hand, IV does.
    You can argure V does as well, but I rather deal with CC spammers, than OS city.

OS are not a factor IF you aren't a player always trying to escape/reversal on wake up.
    OS crouch tech still can be blown up with traps.
    In other words OS is situational. If you keep getting OS, then stop doing things where they work on you!
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 119
    edited April 19
    Phinx wrote: »

Cipher. You do realize both SFV and IV are in the OS city? A meaty hard will CC all buttons, dashes, techs, many can anti air, recover fast enough to guard or throw v-reversal, will be + frames. That's like the ultimate offensive OS. Same could be said about meaty throws/command throws and how many things they deal with.

You compare an OS to a meaty.
    No worse, you say a meaty is an OS.

You should probably read a lexicon and learn what the term means.

A OS is something like this :

It's simple explained. Rose presses cr.lp and cr.hk at the same time, now the game decides what input is the correct one for the situation.
    If Chun backdashs the sweep comes out, if she blocks Rose cr.lp comes out and she can continue her blockstring. Thats a basic OS.

If you do a Fierce Metay, it's a Fierce Meaty, there is nothing else behind it, you may delay your button press to bait a DP, but thats no OS either.
    You don't press 5 buttons at the same time at the opponents wakeup and the game decides what is the correct button for you at this situation.

My point is it's 'like' an OS. Except it doesn't differentiate inputs depending on the situation. It's much better though, since it's a simpler input and tackles more things.

You press a button - cc'ed, tech - cc'ed, jump - AA, back dash - CC'ed, armor move (outside of Birdie CC'ed,) v-reversal ( you need to input the next move yourself,) you block? + frames, you have to block or be ready to tech/jump etc. The end result is the same.

You're complaining about something that 'holds your hand (despite some os being incredibly hard to pull off)' and tackles multiple situations. Well now you just press one button to tackle so many things that you just have to 'take it' now.
    Post edited by Phinx on
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,626
    Dime_x wrote: »

I don't normally disagree with you, but you play cammy who is high tier, her BMP is one of the best if not the best AA in the game, and she has tons of pressure with her normals and walkspeed alone, plus her v trigger is like a free super every round, or free jumpins.

Not saying you or anyone else should feel bad about using cammy or that there isn't skill to her, since there is a lot of skill in the character, but this "you don't need a top tier" is BS. I play urien chun Laura and chun is harder to win with than urien or Laura. Laura has a command grab to scare people and get free damage on reads, urien has a seriously nice v trigger and big normals. Chun has pokes and low damage and very little pressure.

Abare means different things in different fighting games.

In old school Japan it meant "he who attacks from disadvantage" and was colloquially used to refer to mashers, but was also about players that would attack when it wasn't their turn as far as frame advantage. So as an example, cammy does a regular divekick that gets blocked and she's at disadvantage, but instead of taking the pressure of a blocked move from the opponent she reversals and tries to take her turn back... that's a textbook example of abare for streetfighter. Other examples are players like rashid doing L mixer on block at -2 and still attacking afterwards hopin their opponent pressed their button to slowly.

The other primary term for abare refers to marvel or anime games and it is basically a term to refer to a characters ability to turn random hits into full combos.

The better a characters abare, the better they "tend" to be.

Everything Cammy has is literaly a anti-air. CC st.hk DP CA does like 500 damage, just because you jumped on her.
    People keep jumping regardless of what you do, at least it's like this online.
    I seriously hit that thing in a match twice and the next thing they did was jump-in again.
    I had matches in IV where all I did was DP and they keeped jumping.

This is alone my point of experience here, I've experienced that people keep jumping like Super Mario, regardles of how often you hit them out of the air. The rank is pointless in that account, thats the case from Ultra-Silver - Super Diamond.

Also I play her in every game she was, same with my other characters. I usualy don't drop chars, but only add some more.
    You can see that on my KoF cast, allthough I only have 3 in my signature, I play like 10 chars.
    I never saw the need for a TopTier in the end and I still don't get the mentality that you "need" one.

So abare means basicly you try to force your turn again in SF. It's the first time I hear that term, but I know the meaning for it at least.

My point is it's 'like' an OS. Except it doesn't differentiate inputs depending on the situation. It's much better though, since it's a simpler input and tackles more things.

You press a button - cc'ed, tech - cc'ed, jump - AA, back dash - CC'ed, armor move (outside of Birdie CC'ed,) v-reversal (can be countered although you need to input the move in yourself,) you block? + frames, you have to block or be ready to tech/jump etc. The end result is the same; Hence why I said the ultimate...

Some OS's are incredibly hard.

It's not like an OS, because it is non, it has not even similaritys with OS. I posted what a simple OS is and you still insist that you're not wrong.
    Jeez, you're trying to sell me fucking pokes and meatys as OS.

I know you try very hard to make SFV look bad, but this is getting dumb at this point.

OS are not a factor IF you aren't a player always trying to escape/reversal on wake up.
    OS crouch tech still can be blown up with traps.
    In other words OS is situational. If you keep getting OS, then stop doing things where they work on you!

You realise that my problem is, that I had to use them?
    It's allmost neccesary to OS on wakeups if you fight Rose,Chun-Li or Poison in SFIV, because of how good the backdash is as an option on wakeup.
    It feels dumb if you let the game decide for you what is the right thing in this situation.
    And I'm glad I no longer have to rely on this shit to run offence.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Eliza
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,547
    I'm past my Cammy hate now. I just hope she doesn't get the same meterless reversals that the shotos do in season 2.5.

Anyways, her walk speed is possibly the strongest thing about her, and it's actually really annoying when she does her forward throw in the corner and holds forward and takes about 110 steps, before doing her meaty attack.

Chunli's jumping light punch beats Cammy's b.mp, but I don't think any of Ryu's can do the same.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
    Cammy and Juri both get the DP changes the shotos get, now cry me a river pls.

My SFV Cammyguide!
    edited April 20
    It's allmost neccesary to OS on wakeups if you fight Rose,Chun-Li or Poison in SFIV, because of how good the backdash is as an option on wakeup.
    It feels dumb if you let the game decide for you what is the right thing in this situation.
    You wouldn't have to OS if you actually READ what they do on wake up. Instead of guessing they are going to back dash.
    Again, that's on players, depending on the gimmick instead of themselves.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
    Why should I do a READ, if I can just let the game cover all options at once for me?

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,405
    edited April 20
    You wouldn't have to OS if you actually READ what they do on wake up. Instead of guessing they are going to back dash.
    Again, that's on players, depending on the gimmick instead of themselves.

if you think osing is a gimmick I don't really know what to say. No! I guess.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 119
    edited April 20

It's not like an OS, because it is non, it has not even similaritys with OS. I posted what a simple OS is and you still insist that you're not wrong.

I know you try very hard to make SFV look bad, but this is getting dumb at this point.

No you don't understand. The basis of option select is it chooses the best option (different moves) based on the inputs involved to 'cover multiple options'. Meaty allows 1 input to 'cover multiple options' and becomes the best option. End result is similar. You covered multiple options.

The difference is one chooses the input, the other allows 1 input to cover a plethora of things. It doesn't need multiple inputs (different moves,) has less counter play, covers a lot more things. It's works differently, but does something similar. What is the point of an OS if I'm wrong?

I'm still waiting for you to show how all these pros agree with your opinion of V being perfect. The best you can find is accept and adapt. V will never touch ST, Alpha, 3 & 4.
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,772

No you don't understand. The basis of option select is it chooses the best option (different moves) based on the inputs involved to 'cover multiple options'. Meaty allows 1 input to 'cover multiple options' and becomes the best option. One chooses the input, the other allows 1 input to cover a plethora of things. End result is similar. You covered multiple options.

The difference is it doesn't need multiple inputs, has less counter play, covers a lot more things. It's not the same but it does something similar. What is the point of an OS if I'm wrong?

I'm still waiting for you to show how all these pros agree with your opinion of V being perfect. The best you can find is accept and adapt. V will never touch ST, Alpha, 3 & 4.

What you are talking about isn't an option select, it's an option coverage. Option selects are where 2 different things occur via one input with the game deciding what comes out depending on the state of the game.

In your example you are doing one move... that is still that same move no matter what.

It's not semantics, it just is what it is, option select isn't a term for covering multiple options it's a term for when the game chooses your move for you.

And yes, option coverages of various sorts are what fighting games are all about. Like a reversal. It covers throws, it covers strikes, it covers highs and lows, some even cover left and rights.

But remember, if it isn't 2 different moves that can come out you are talking about option coverage.

Another easy example of an option coverage? Backdash. If your opponent blocks, thinking you were going to reversal... your backdash covers it and gains you space. If they went for a throw though, your backdash is throw invincible so it still wins.

That's option coverage and almost everything in the game covers more than one option when used in optimal situations. One of the hallmarks of "good defense" is knowing what option to use against your opponents expected offensive mixup that covers 2 3 or even more options, and likewise as an attacker you will be trying to pick offensive options that cover more than one of your opponents defensive options.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited April 20

No you don't understand. The basis of option select is it chooses the best option (different moves) based on the inputs involved to 'cover multiple options'. Meaty allows 1 input to 'cover multiple options' and becomes the best option. End result is similar. You covered multiple options.

The difference is one chooses the input, the other allows 1 input to cover a plethora of things. It doesn't need multiple inputs (different moves,) has less counter play, covers a lot more things. It's works differently, but does something similar. What is the point of an OS if I'm wrong?

I told you on Steam already to shut up and stop to put worths into my mouth.

You still don't know what and Option Select is, luckly Dime explained it for you, so you will hopefully understand now that your definition is wrong and you're wrong.

The difference between you and me, that I don't try to convince people to like V, I tell them that what they think is flawed isn't what is the problem.
    Neither do I think SFV is perfect, but you're to stubborn to see this, because you think your opinion that V sucks has to count for everyone.

Do you see me here or on Steam beeing 24/7 telling people how much I hate SF3 and that noone should play this game with all it's flawed mechanics, it's lack of a neutral, it's absence of any zoning, it's BS character or it's horrible balancing.
    Thats the difference between us, you do this and I just tell everyone that the problems they think are problems aren't problems.

You don't even have an own opinion about the game, all you do is complain, quote some twitter comments (not even all, just the negative ones, because everyone who likes V is a scrub and doesn't deserve to be taken serious) and act superior, while you don't even know what some basic shit like an option select is.
    Hey an OS is a meaty! A FG fundamental thats around since fucking WW is a OS! Tell that Daigo and Alex Valle, with some luck they will just laugh themself to death and not die on a heart attack instead.

I know what V's problems are and how to fix them, I said that like 20 pages ago, I had a thread on Steam were I addresed this.
    I don't see the need to constantly repeat myself, unlike you who still trys to tell people on Steam SFV developed Vortex and Setplay, something that wasn't there in previous SF games.

Keep writing your shit, you have no clue about me you lizard brained imbecile.

EDIT:
    That literally happens to every Capcom game. People didn't immediately love SF4 or MvC3. Both of those games were mainly played by newcomers. Notice that a lot of 3S and CvS2 players didn't play SF4. Notice how MvC3 wasn't played by MvC2 players. No one cared about what players like Nuki and MOV thought about SF4. We cared about what Sanford thought about MvC3 for about 5 minutes but that's about it. The difference between SF5 and those games is time. Those games came out years after the height of their predecessor. But SF5 came out a year after the peak of SF4 and we expected SF5 to start off where SF5 left off. That was never going to happen since they're completely different games. Now we have a bunch of sponsored players who were sponsored for playing a different game. There are very few players who are sponsored for SF5. So these insights on the game are coming from SF4 players who just happen to be good at SF5.

The same thing will likely happen to MvCI. The sponsored MvC3 players aren't going to like it but they'll play it. They will use their platform to complain about it. And everyone will back them and say MvCI sucks. The same thing happened with SFxT but people had other games to fall back on in that situation. MvC and SF players don't have that right now so they will play new ones anyway.

Just to let you know, History repeats itself.
    Post edited by Cipher on

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 234
    Only one CC button for each character...
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,296
    edited April 20
    I wish there was some way to implement a hard knockdown that doesn't involve the opponent just laying on the ground for a few seconds. I like the reward and oki you get so I'm not against the mechanically speaking. But from a purely visual perspective it looks so idiotic. It seriously kills the pace of the game.

Even just some sort of "writhing in pain on the ground" animation so it flows better.
    edited April 20
    Why should I do a READ, if I can just let the game cover all options at once for me?
    So you can grow as a player and be truly safe.
    Veserius wrote: »
    if you think osing is a gimmick I don't really know what to say. No! I guess.
    Because it is not an automatic win in situations.
    Flacko_ali wrote: »
    Only one CC button for each character...

No thats not the fix.
    To fix CC you have to balance them right.
    Ryus and Cammys st.hk are an example for a good CC.

They miss croucher, they're slightly -, to discourage spamming and they fucking hurt if the CC comes as AA. They still do their Job in punishing this counterstate moves.
    Thats the easiest way to balance the CC's right. Someone like Bison is allowed to have a +3 st.hk that CCs, because his walkspeed is ass, what makes it harder to use effectively.
    These are balanced CC's, not something like Uriens st.hp what he can throw out in the neutral like Candy and gets a full Combo off of a hit.
    So you can grow as a player and be truly safe.

I'm also truly safe using the OS.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 190
    I just want DP's reverted back to season one. Able to level up offline. Even if it takes longer. CPU vs CPU in versus mode. Lastly an Arcade Mode.
    KOF: Zarina, Alice, Vanessa
    SF: Ed, Juri, Kolin
    TK: Katarina, Claudio, Nina, Shaheen, Miguel, Eliza

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
    edited April 24
    I'm also truly safe using the OS.
    No you're not. It takes skilled timing to use OS.
    It only works on evaders on wake up.
    Not on someone who knows how to block.
    Post edited by Touchdown on
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 8,038
    Daemos wrote: »
    Would you guys be interested in the return of XX specials from Omega mode? Every character had one EX special that was stronger than the rest and unique in that it consumed two EX bars rather than one. I think such a mechanic could find a home in SFV's risk/reward plays.

Depends if that means Gief gets Greenhand or not
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2
    Probably won't, but you get new toys in the new patch.

My ideal "universal" mechanics I think they should add to SFV:
    1. XX Specials (one per character, powered up ex specials that cost 2 bars instead of one)
    2. 2 V-Reversals (One deals white damage and the other is an evasive maneuver that repositions you safely and deals no damage- VRs in general buffed)
    3. CA #2 (Purposefully done and functionally different than CA1, both available simultaneously)
    4. Taunts increasing opponent V meter
    5. V-Recovery (Same as Alpha 3 Air Recovery but costs one V bar/ 3 variations neutral/back/front breakfall activated with F/B+PP or PP)
    6. Attack priority system for air and ground normals
    7. More unique "resources" (Ibuki Kunai for example) or new types of buffs/debuffs (See Kolin VT or Poison)
    8. Overhaul some of the Vskills in the game by completely replacing them. Alternatively, give every character 2 V-Skills to choose during character selection (This makes the most sense as a a new V-system per character is too resource intensive).
    9. Some more visually appealing target combos/command normals that open up new creative routes for combos.
    10. This one may be controversial, but after blocking a certain amount of damage in a short time period or after several consecutive blocked attacks you should get a tiny tiny amount of V-meter for your blocking efforts.
    If Taunts add V-Meter for the opponent.
    Give us at least more than once.
    I miss it, in IV I spammed with Cammy "weak" , that was nice because it was a short taunt and she turned around while pushing her hip a bit forward.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • bisonatorbisonator Joined: Posts: 579
    I miss multiple taunts. Oni's 'bow to me'.... sexy stuff
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2
    bisonator wrote: »
    I miss multiple taunts. Oni's 'bow to me'.... sexy stuff

Watch them package them in 10s and sell them separately for each character for $1.99.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,387
    edited May 8
    I want real inputs, get the cancerous rising thunder garbage out of here.
    SFV: Juri
    GGREV2: Baiken
    T7:
    Nina
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LockM wrote: »
    I want real inputs, get the cancerous rising thunder garbage out of her.

This is not even a legitimate issue. Especially not for one character. Especially when it's possible that he'll most likely have some executional techniques based on all the tapping and charging.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

LockM wrote: »
    I want real inputs, get the cancerous rising thunder garbage out of here.

I understand if it was roster wide, but because it's just Ed it really does give a unique aspect to his execution. He also has piano inputs, so it isn't like he's easily picked up at every corner. Piano moves are probably the hardest regular special move to master in SF, I rarely see piano players that are top class that aren't piano specialists.
  • agxloveragxlover Joined: Posts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Make the damn game a street fighter game.

Anybody else feel that they should go back to its original roots? Third strike was its pinnacle.
    Is that so? Hmmmm
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 616
    agxlover wrote: »
    Is that so? Hmmmm

Yeah bro. Get your facts straight. Also 3S is as anti SF as it comes, so...
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL

Anyone agree with these guys?

Anybody else feel that they should go back to its original roots? Third strike was its pinnacle.

don't say it should go back to it's roots and then say 3S was it's pinnacle
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,007
    edited May 12
    Why is everyone on 3s's nuts, there were dumb option selects and the top tiers had similarly dumb shit to the top tiers in sfv, actually even dumber shit. You can mix up your opponent every time you jump by parrying anti airs. Outside ofnthe soundtrack and flavor, 3s is ass. It's selective amnesia i tell ya
    Post edited by MochaLatte on
    edited May 12
    Wrong thread
    Gettin' my derp on.

Back to it's roots, with 3S?
    Uhm...... is this hidden camera?
    Back to it's roots would mean SF2 or ST to be more precise.

Other than that the game is pretty much 3S, just without all the shit I hate in 3S.

Anyone agree with these guys?

No.

On one side, fighting games aren't for everybody, but thats what NRS is good with, they make fighters for everybody, by giving you so much Singelplayer content that you won't care about Multiplayer as casual.

Beeing accesable and beeing easy are also two different pair of shoes.
    What fighters try, mainly japanese fighters, is to become more accesable.
    This is mostly done by making execution easier and combos easier.

ArcSys has this since a long time in their games, gatling combos, which are simply done by A-B-C or even Autocombos in games like Persona 4 Arena or UNIEL.
    The drawback of this is mainly low damage, since these types of combos either deal low damage or scale pretty fast.

Capcom did it by putting a framebuffer into the game to turn these 1f links into 3f links.
    I actually appreciate this, since I no longer have to practice 1f combos, that don't work 90% of the time online, because the input delay changes every god damn match.
    Anyways SFV was still labeld as to hard, because newbies don't understand the complex aspects behind the game.
    Combos are nice and all, but you first have to land them, constant jumping in, will only get you so far, especialy against better players. So the answer is to learn how to open people up on the ground, how to approche on the ground, whiffpunishs, spacing, etc.
    These things can actualy be good explained via a good tutorial (or missions like in GG), with informations on how these thinghs work and when to use them. Skullgirls is a perfect exampel for this.

Maybe I particular agree right now, but I still think they're wrong.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT I Am One w/ the Force, The Force is w/ Me... Joined: Posts: 730
    Speed up or remove loading screen when returning to training mode from a match.
    No need to have the vs screen show.
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,610
    change literally everything
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,547
    97tcogq.png
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • risemixrisemix Joined: Posts: 916
    So many of the complaints in this thread wouldn't exist if there were any reason for attackers to fear the defender

RIP DPs s2

There are three types of games, defensive, UNGA UNGA, and guilty gear
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,610
    i don't really think the problem with the game is really related to the lack of defensive options, when you're getting up, you should be at a disadvantage and i think many sf games had that mentality.

What I always found was that the neutral game was very unpredictable, pretty random and generally chaotic, which leads to knock downs that were not always deserved. if the game was more reactable in the neutral department, and space control more doable with fireballs i think the knock down game wouldn't be as problematic.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    I think someone doesn't know how many defensiv options exist in GG.
    It even has one of my favourite mechanics of all time, Just Defence.

And what the heck is UNGA UNGA ?

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Lol, this games has a huge amount of defensive options:

Throw tech
    Jab
    Invincible reversal
    Backdash is throw invincible
    V reversal
    3 separate wakeup timings when getting knocked down

The problem with defense/neutral is that only a few characters have a really solid damaging AA while simultaneously having a really strong poke based ground game. Most characters don't have AA's that simultaneously cover both crossups and midrange jumpins, and it's easier to get into crossup range.

The game becomes one where it's very unfeasible to win from neutral alone.

Winning from neutral alone would look like winning from neutral poke damage and a solid AA into setting up more neutral.

Few characters can realistically do this. Almost every character is forced to try to go in and land a combo or 2.

This makes it easier to defend since you KNOW the opponent will be coming in eventually.

But AA's tend to be slow or do very little damage.

It's basically a game that has everything turned around ass backwards. Neutral should be the primary driving force of the game with the combos being secondary.

But this game puts hitting combos at the forefront BUT air makes it so that you have to be in telephone booth range to hit combos. This makes play very 3/4 screen or in your face... with little in between.

The few characters that are decent at the in between ranges tend to have terrible far ranges or terrible upclose ranges.

Birdies is great from midrange as an example but he's kinda bad from far.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe I am THAT bad Joined: Posts: 274
    edited May 15
    Juri's fireball gives 2 stores instead of one, according to the strength
    Light gives light and medium
    Medium gives medium and heavy
    heavy gives light and heavy

or make store being 2K and EX being 3K
    CFN - ZioSerpe
  • twocoinstwocoins New account -- been around 10 years. Joined: Posts: 604
    i tweeted everyon on Capcom Uk, Fighters, Unity, Combofiend, Ono about how rediculous to still not have a Region filter. It's the biggest reason i dont go to lobby's when im not playing someone i know. Why is my loby selection filled with players from Japan and Uk, and all over the world where the lag will be terrible? There should also be a filter to show FULL lobby's in case i just want to wait for one to open of a popular player, etc.

With that said, i think Rank/Casuals should let us pick 2 characters before playing online. Sometimes i feel more comfortable with a different character for some matchups. I mean tournament players WIN tournaments for these things...would be nice to not have to deal with terrible matchups but still want to play low/mid tiers for okay matchups.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,970
    Lol Nintendo is putting FREE DLC in their new IP ARMS that includes CHARACTERS, STAGES, MODES, and WEAPONS.

FREE.

In addition to a shit load of game modes and options.

How is a company that just figured out what the internet was yesterday shitting all over Capcpom?

FREE DLC...

FREE.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol Nintendo is putting FREE DLC in their new IP ARMS that includes CHARACTERS, STAGES, MODES, and WEAPONS.

FREE.

In addition to a shit load of game modes and options.

How is a company that just figured out what the internet was yesterday shitting all over Capcpom?

FREE DLC...

FREE.

That capitalism going into effect. I figured someone would do this eventually as an enticement for gamers, glad Nintendo is that guy.

The goal should have always been to sell games. You make a better product you sell more games, simple.

These greedy developers nowadays have been trying to make worse products while spending less and charging to customer more.

Glad nintendo sees the bigger picture.

The game probably won't be a blockbuster in its first version, but once people get used to its quality, when the second one hits t will be a major new ip, in the vein of Zelda or mario. Those games are huge because the quality is always great.

Maybe arms will do the same as well as reach out to the casual market for fighting games. Nintendo makes the best games anyways, always has, they just only make stupid kid games. If they ever get their shit together and learn to make more adult games... they will take over the world (again)
    Gettin' my derp on.
    It's funny, because those "kid games" have oceans of depth compared to something more "adult" like Injustice or lol SFV.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    It's funny, because those "kid games" have oceans of depth compared to something more "adult" like Injustice or lol SFV.

Yeah but that depth comes with the price of being cartoonish and lacking the imersiveness of an adult narrative.
    I just feel like a child playing mario or something whereas playing a darker game, less so.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    I like colors other than brown and grey in my games, so they work for me.