Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

Comments

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,735
    We know that certain specials/command normals like Necalli's stomp and Gief's headbutt are classified as projectiles, are there any other specials or command normals that are like this?

Not exhaustive by any means but:

Chun Bhp in v trigger
    Alex flash chop and strike elbows
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,609
    Give me Online training(among a dozen other things) I can help other beginners learn the game in a non stressfull environment. Other people can teach me the matchups, and i can just dick around with friends who live hours away from me.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,735
    Give all characters point blank jab>throw without needing to walk forward. So fucking not streetfighter having to lose frames to walk forward for a tick. Makes the game all about shimmies instead of frame traps.

I like frame traps more than shimmies cause frame traps are buttons.

I like buttons more than waits.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,609
    edited May 2016
    Dime_x wrote: »
    Give all characters point blank jab>throw without needing to walk forward. So fucking not streetfighter having to lose frames to walk forward for a tick. Makes the game all about shimmies instead of frame traps.

I like frame traps more than shimmies cause frame traps are buttons.

I like buttons more than waits.

Buttons beat shimmies.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    Lp system , reamatch system, Laura and Mika need a HUGE change to make this game enjoyable
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,653
    I agree that anti air lights are retarded, especially you can do them super late and against crossups. What's the point of making Chun a charge character if she can do stand short 99% of the time, and then get a meaty/dash under mixup?
  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    Seriously, put BO3 as a standard in ranked games. And fix the matchmaking, i can't have any fun playing against players below super gold. No points and usually not a good game
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,704
    We know that certain specials/command normals like Necalli's stomp and Gief's headbutt are classified as projectiles, are there any other specials or command normals that are like this?

i think in the guide it says ken's tatsu but only in v-trigger i believe. the bits that are flaming(his foot) i think are projectiles.
    Play more.
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 498
    edited May 2016
    Close standing normal's to improve the lame frame trap/mix up game.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2016
    It was a bonehead move to get rid of proximity normals. Streamlining for its own sake is stupid.

I wish they would consider giving non-cancellable pokes a bit more range.

Make the throw tech window smaller.

Get rid of anti-air jabs.

Remove the input buffer on normals in reversal situations.

Multiple supers would be cool. One for combos, one for utility. I suppose ex moves already act as such though, they even get the super flash when they kill.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • DRCsyntaxDRCsyntax The Ugly Joined: Posts: 1,032
    More taunts.
    http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
    Please read this and understand why it is, that you suck.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,764
    Remove buffer on normals? Hell no.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    only in reversal situations
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
    Los wrote: »
    Touchdown wrote: »
    Close standing normal's to improve the lame frame trap/mix up game.

Please no. You'd have to learn the frame data of another 132 normals
    For moves that are usually canceled, no, there is such a thing called training room.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit ATOMIC ZANGI Joined: Posts: 745
    Can someone explain to me, if the wake up options for the defender are brain dead in this game?

Like, back recovery is superior to them all?

Then normal recovery (quick rise), being superior to no recovery?

then no recovery?

Are these options "balanced" in terms of risk and reward?

Isn't it better to have them all weighted "equally", and be unique and viable options, instead of one being more superior to the others?
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Body slamming those busters
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 920
    Buff Zangief, I'ts a sad day when the best zangief player drops him because you need to play the perfect game every game and still be able to lose.
  • soncissoncis Joined: Posts: 306
    Why dont I get points from half of my matches right now? Its not ragequit because I can always rematch...
    3S: Ken
    USF4: Dudley
    SFV: Alex/Ibuki/Urien(?)
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,367
    soncis wrote: »
    Why dont I get points from half of my matches right now? Its not ragequit because I can always rematch...

Failed to retrieve data gives points. Failed to report to server does not.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 624
    FDream wrote: »
    Buff Zangief, I'ts a sad day when the best zangief player drops him because you need to play the perfect game every game and still be able to lose.

One day I hope they bring beta gief back :'(
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • DecoDaProducerDecoDaProducer Joined: Posts: 15
    Cheaper characters. Am I the only one who thinks 200k is too much for a single character?
    Sean Matsuda for SFV. Respect my jumper. Jumpshot wet.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,758 mod
    Cheaper characters. Am I the only one who thinks 200k is too much for a single character?

The point of the pricing is so that, while the most active players will earn the characters, most other people who want them will eventually just opt to pay. If they're too cheap, then people don't use the zenny store, which means less money for Capcom and the Capcom Pro Tour.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,834 mod
    Its only 100k for a character and when the targets (daily challenges) launch you should be able to earn fight money faster

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• vitalvital Joined: Posts: 324
    - An aimable dive kick character but not overwhelming like a Rufus

- A more traditional Rekka archetype character like a Fei Long, maybe a new character or something but something of this archetype would be fun

- Piano type character, I know they didn't want to do this as stated earlier but it could be fun and not necessarily out of line with the execution requirements of this game

- Green hand for Zangief, I don't even play this character but it's sad to see how far he has fallen, he has no tools or options in this game, give him some love Capcom
  • vitalvital Joined: Posts: 324
    I think 200k is too much for a character as well
  • DecoDaProducerDecoDaProducer Joined: Posts: 15
    How about some Sean tho?
    Sean Matsuda for SFV. Respect my jumper. Jumpshot wet.
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit ATOMIC ZANGI Joined: Posts: 745
    edited May 2016

"This game (SFV), the style is so, not different. So same. Every character is same. But in Street Fighter 4, how many player, the style is different." - Jinki, Manager - Team GZ Dojo

Jinki's interpretation of V, is some what justified, because Capcom starts out restricting what characters can do, and putting a censorship on the whole thing. Reduced invincibility, armour etc. Nerfing everything across the board, when compared to SF4. But the homogeneous gameplay could also be, because early on, players are still learning. And they need to empty the 4 cup to drink some V. While still understanding and developing the characters.

Also, they need to bring back footsies, to a whole new level ABOVE USF4. Turn it around, and make SF4 footsies look like a joke. V should have a superior footsie game to 4.

Your thoughts?
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Body slamming those busters
  • YunityYunity Joined: Posts: 468
    The game does not have consistant dmg into 30%-40% from "footsies" to warrant that kinda gameplay. It would be a boring trial of attrition. Play 3s if you want bursty "footsies". Play alpha 2 if you want war of attrition "footsies".

Though "footsies" do get interesting as soon as certain characters get super or vt.
    Daigo wrote:
    Yun’s awoken to Satsui no Hado. In many ways. Or maybe I should say he couldn’t keep from awakening.”
    How about some Sean tho?

You can get out tho.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,764
    How about some Sean tho?

Why do people ask for shitty characters that no one is going to use?

We need Remy.

I'd play twelve.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,834 mod
    I'd play both.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sawada for season 2. I would buy a season pass for that.
  • DaMurdaManDaMurdaMan Joined: Posts: 2
    Mint wrote: »
    I want to be able to join my friends battle lounge from my friends list. And also adding voice chat would be nice

Chat I have to talk to you while I beat your behind!
  • DaMurdaManDaMurdaMan Joined: Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    If Capcom doesn't have "Chat" in this game will Not be as great as it can be period
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,311
    Eliminate input delay.

Fix hit/hurt boxes.
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
  • Jaded_BuddhaJaded_Buddha Joined: Posts: 46
    Anyone talked about PUG KOF style online games?

Like league of legends?

Should be able to group up with 2 other players, find another team with 3 players. Then everyone plays off round robin style.

Anyone like that for an Idea?
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    vital wrote: »
    I think 200k is too much for a character as well

No, it isn't. Considering other games like LoL, where characters can cost 6300 IP, and that takes an eternity to get too in contrast to what we're having to deal with today for SF:V. 200k is Far and Above More Lenient, not to mention the cost to just simply buying them which is a steal when you once again take into consideration what other gaming genres get away with when selling things.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu