Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

1787980818284»

Comments

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,675
    FUCK SMASH! IF YOU TAKE THAT SHIT SERIOUSLY YOUR SRK ACCOUNT SHOULD BE PERMABANNED!
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    CFN: TWINBLADES
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 345
    One thing that would be hype would be that for characters with various themes across games, you could select the version of the theme you wanted played. For example, for Ryu, you could select from a library of different themes like his Alpha theme or EX theme. Would be relatively easy to implement and give players a lot musical variety.

Obv not a big change to gameplay, but sometimes music can make a big impact on people's perception of a game.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,557
    I remember Tag2 had this option, you had to purchase the music, but I loved nothing more than Yoshimitsus T2 Theme in the Arena you fight Heihachi and Jinpachi in.
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Decapre, Juni, Juli
    King of Fighters: Leona, Athena, Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    Tekken: Jun,Yoshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mercy

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,486
    Dead Or Alive 5 also sports this - you can select between DOA2, 3, 4 and 5 music if I recall correctly.

However, you can't select the sexy & cool DOA2 announcer..
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,452
    one improvement I'd like is...
    being able to view the actual frame data in training mode!

Capcom has already said no to this. Something about not wanting to give up "trade secrets" they said the same thing about being able to view hitboxes.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,696
    Dime_x wrote: »
    one improvement I'd like is...
    being able to view the actual frame data in training mode!

Capcom has already said no to this. Something about not wanting to give up "trade secrets" they said the same thing about being able to view hitboxes.

Trade secrets, i.e. - special frame data info only privy to the "pro" players?
  • CammyWhiteCatCammyWhiteCat Joined: Posts: 10
    Dime_x wrote: »
    well Capcom should change their mind
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 345
    Considering people already post frame data online, seems like a very poorly kept trade secret.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson SFV ID: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 129
    Yeah, didn't they let Prima write a frame data manual, and allow the authors to play the game in Capcom HQ before the game was released?

Seems like a procrastinator's excuse to me.
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,452
    Yeah, didn't they let Prima write a frame data manual, and allow the authors to play the game in Capcom HQ before the game was released?

They let prima do a a guide. Prima has always afaik had to manually count the frames. They usually aren't being given them by capcom.

But capcom is inconsistent, another of its amazingly shit qualities. They said no to hit boxes for the longest time, but then released mvc3 for vita and included hitboxes for that, presumably as an incentive to buy that game on vita over the PS3/360.

I'm simply saying what capcom has said in the past. it is of course a stupid premise, pc can hack the hitboxes and the frame data and there is no good reason not to include frame data or hitboxes in a fighting game unless you are trying to hide some really bad hitboxes or frame data.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,486
    edited May 21

Yeah, "trade secrets" definitely must have been said tongue in cheek..

I get that they perhaps don't want to clutter their pretty-looking game with that stuff, but it should undoubtedly be an option somewhere in training mode.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!