Improvements or changes you would like to see in SFV

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,757
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    Command grabs have a different tech input instead of being untechable

Being untechable is almost the only reason for them to exist. If you remove that aspect you better remove the whole grappler archetype altogether and make Gief a zoner.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • Maze MakerMaze Maker LOV thy neighbor~ Joined: Posts: 94
    Just fix command grabs for grapplers to make them scary again.
    Mahvel: Cable, Sent, Doom
    SBX: Oichi
    3s: Urien, Remy
    GG: Testies
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    edited June 2016
    Remove the fucking back roll on wake up, specially in the corner. IT makes 0 sense to have a freakin delayed wakeup that it's also a quick rise.

Worst mechanic in SFV along with the stupid 8 frames of delay

Oh and make a best of 3 A BEST OF 3, not an stupid cricus. Give the points to the WINNER of the Bo3 AFTER the matches are done
  • EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    Has Capcom addressed the various mods that allow instant jumps on all throws? It's a joke playing random ppl in ranked every pc player could potentially be a bot or a player with mods allowing computer reactions...

You can test this yourselves even if it's a player on the other side doesn't mean they don't have this stuff enabled.. whiff a command throw from the other side of the screen and look at that n.jump reaction, it's getting tiring already and it hasn't even been a year yet. We got what? Seven or eight more years of this?

The mods will only become more organic and harder to spot as time goes by. They should enable ps4 only or pc only in player ranked if they seriously want to approach online with any shred of credibility.

If I was a pc player who hated to lose I'd simply just look up these mods, I don't have this luxury and I'm too lazy to rage quit so f it. Hell I bet theirs a mod to instantly disconnect on loss.. Lol 60 bucks... you win Capcom, great job with your ad hype tactics... keep bringing in those new players... you haven't fucked them hard enough yet for them to know any better.

Edit: addition!

Capcom doesn't need arcade mode just play a master race pc player in ranked
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,757
    You mean there are people who will systematically neutral jump on my throws so that I can AA them on command? Fuck, I hope more people do that, that would make my life as a player A LOT easier.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
    OceanSalt wrote: »
    You mean there are people who will systematically neutral jump on my throws so that I can AA them on command? Fuck, I hope more people do that, that would make my life as a player A LOT easier.

It kinda loses the fun part of playing if it's just a computer program that reads my inputs and jumps automatically on command throws. Especially if done from across the screen far away from the opponent.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,719 mod
    The thing is, that can be pretty hard to detect if they're just intercepting inputs and sending the appropriate one based on behavior alone. It's impossible to tell is it's an actual bot, or just someone acting like a bot.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    My apologies you can set ranked to ps4 only my bad
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    Improvements - Stop giving characters Anti-Fireball options. Honestly it's a bit silly now a days seeing how characters can deal with projectiles now, and we all know that Ryu is once again the central character by which all Anti-Fireballs are built around, so what will universally work on Ryu will not work on other characters to the same manner or degree.

Yes, I'm salty about it, and after watching Boxer it bugs me even more where in a SF game, zoning has not been the strongest point to begin with, but hey let's keep tacking on Anti-Fireballs on characters.
    Post edited by TrueSephiroth on
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • GaruGaru Wanna play with me? Joined: Posts: 508
    Remove jab anti air
    Reduce the 8 frame dalay at least 4 frames
    SFV: Karin and Juri
    USF4: Juri, E.Ryu and Cammy
    KoFXIV: Kyo, Angel and Kula
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,719
    Improvements - Stop giving characters Anti-Fireball options. Honestly it's a bit silly now a days seeing how characters can deal with projectiles now, and we all know that Ryu is once again the central character by which all Anti-Fireballs are built around, so what will universally work on Ryu will not work on other characters to the same manner or degree.

Yes, I'm salty about it, and after watching Boxer it bugs me even more where in a SF game, zoning has not been the strongest point to begin with, but hey let's keep tacking on Anti-Fireballs on characters.

Well ryu is the building block to base everything else off of.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well ryu is the building block to base everything else off of.

Absolutely agree, which is why all of the Anti-Fireballs are now becoming silly considering once more how zoning is not even a prominent aspect in this game sadly.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,813
    You know that you can zone with Normals just fine right?
    Fireballs are long range pokes,use them like that,midrange and close are normals much better to control space.
    I know,I know in SFIV it was the opposoit, but seriously f*** IV.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Ryu fireball is still damn strong in this game. Used at the right range it is absolutely deadly. See any high level Ryu not named nacer.

Zoning ain't dead in this game, just not as brain dead - scrubquotes
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 498
    Mixups are easier to understand.
    That's a kind way of saying the mixups are pretty much butchered in this series.

"I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • Pro MarshmalloPro Marshmallo Joined: Posts: 494
    Ryu fireball is still damn strong in this game. Used at the right range it is absolutely deadly. See any high level Ryu not named nacer.

Zoning ain't dead in this game, just not as brain dead - scrubquotes

Ryu's zoning game is very strong but literally everything else about him is stronger, therefore his fireball "sucks".
    SFV: Boxer, Claw, Alex
    USFIV: Boxer, Dictator, Guile, Hugo, Dudley
    Injustice: Zod, Bane
    KOF XIII: Vice, Clark, Leona
  • Kanon42Kanon42 Joined: Posts: 96
    Anyone else having an issue of holding downback and randomly getting hit by non overhead attacks?
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,910
    What??
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • TheCrimsonPugilistTheCrimsonPugilist Pugilist Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 95
    I wish there was an app for CFN so I could view matches on my phone for instance. I don't always have time to look back at matches and take notes, but it'd be extremely convenient if I could view them anytime away from my computer. The way it's setup now, I have to wait long periods of time just for the matches to be selectable. Very tiring and tedious.
    "Giving your all is the mark of a true champion."

Steam /Youtube/Twitch: TheCrimsonPugilist
    CFN ID: SuperCaptainAce / CrimsonPugilist
    XBL: SuperCaptainAce

SFV: Ed, Balrog, Guile
    USFIV: Dudley, Fei Long, Cody
    TTT2: Steve Fox & Jin Kazama, Steve Fox & Miguel, Lee Chaolan & Baek Doo San
    KI: Fulgore, Spinal, TJ Combo
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Ryu, Akuma
    UNIEL: Mika, Akatsuki, Gordeau
    KOFXIV: Nelson, Hein, Geese
    GGREV: Johnny
    Now you block bitch!
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Assuming Evo SFV does well on Twitch and ESPN, for next year they gotta find a way to make the cash prizes bigger. Like, they should release DLC like dota 2 does, where if you buy it, a percentage of the sales of the DLC go towards the prize pool.
  • risemixrisemix Joined: Posts: 929
    I totally agree with whoever said back roll is overkill.

On the other hand, SF5 is very setplay heavy as it is, and back roll helps throw a wrench in that at least to some extent, so I'm torn.

That said, the better characters are all covering both wakeups with one setup anyway so what does it matter
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte Joined: Posts: 1,138
    I think they should just add a few more frames of knockdown to backroll/quick rise in order to enable manual timing of grounded oki, this way it won't enable sf4-like setups
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,305
    i think bison needs to be tweaked a little for the next version, he has dropped off so hard in competitive play. i dont know what he needs but he and gief should both be given a hard look for the annual update
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Jen-Tai, Talon, R.A.X.
    Guard recovery and wakeup moves need to be able to be delayed by a specified number of frames in training mode.

It's very difficult to test delayed moves in training mode right now.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • DueckDueck Pass the salt? Joined: Posts: 133
    I loved reading through the points above about the jab/AA stuff. It never fully clicked until now, but that's the fundamental portion of my game that's given me the most grief, I think.

I never completely adapted to the overhauled jump game and felt everything would just fall in line over time. I know this impacted my quest to lock down a new main.

I favored jump tactics in SF4 but seem to gravitate towards characters I naturally use in more grounded ways in 5, so I avoid playing like I used to. This topic puts it in perspective better.
    Chun-Li? More like Fun-Li!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,719 mod
    JoeyTones wrote: »
    Assuming Evo SFV does well on Twitch and ESPN, for next year they gotta find a way to make the cash prizes bigger. Like, they should release DLC like dota 2 does, where if you buy it, a percentage of the sales of the DLC go towards the prize pool.

Technically, it does since DLC exists in part to fund the Capcom Pro Tour. It's just not quite as direct as you think.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,358
    edited July 2016
    Hi guys, I would like to share something to you guys. I was writing as wishlist for the update for the upcoming Story mode before it was meant to be release, I guess this idea would never be anymore for a SF Story mode that had been recently release but if ever they would want to reinvent and re-implement it. I have write stuffs even for Daily Challenge based from Injustice Mobile and Tekken Card on mobile, I also did write stuff for a Quest Mode if (Daily, Event and even Team) inspired from Marvel Contest of the Champions. I have also come up with some simple rewards and bonuses. The objective of the design flow was to enhance the longevity of SFV standalone content even with or without the online support reliability and especially increase the replay value of story mode.

Since the SF's story mode that cannot offer random encounters like normal RPG, I have a idea for it to have random match requirements and random CPU power Ups that shift and changes per new battle/round that need to be fullfilled inspired from on SF3 World tour mode. Per battle has a randomized Battle Type Mode that is paired with either Battle Challenge or Battle Attack Mode, I have separated SFZ3's Battles types to avoid Battle Challenge and Battle Attack to work in simultaneously because they can get conflicted with each other when rumbled and randomized together.

As the difficulty of Story mode increases the number of Battle type and Battle Attack that can activate in a match period.

The Battle Types: a random CPU Power Up that can be one to all battle type mode can simultaneously activate in a match.

Sample of Battle Type Mode:
    • Stun/Stamina max(enemy has no stun)
    • Ex-gauge max(enemy has infinite)
    • V-Trigger max(enemy has infinite)
    • Survival (your previous vitality left will be carried over the next match)

Battle Challenge: Battle requirement on beating the match, Only one challenge is activated in a match.

Sample Battle Challenge Mode for SFV:
    • Beat the match in V-Trigger mode or move,
    • Use no V-Trigger/V-Skill/Grab/Special/Ex/Super in the whole match
    • Beat the match with Ex-move/special move/Super/Normal/Grab/Crush Counter/Time over
    • Time attack(beat the match in limited time)

Battle Attack : a random CPU Power Up that can simultaneously activate up to 4 battle attack mode in a match.

Sample of Battle Attack Mode:
    • Throw Attack(Throw would only damage)
    • Super Attack(Only super move will damage)
    • Combo Attack(Only combo will damage)
    • EX Attack(Only Ex attacks will damage)
    • Combo Attack(Only 2nd hit will confirm as damage)
    • Special Attack(Only special move will damage)
    • 50% CPU vitality indestructibility. (Time Over Battle)
    • 30% CPU vitality indestructibility. (Time Over Battle)

Battle Bonus: Gives you power ups or rewards upon full filling challenges and meeting the requirements this was done by Street Fighter EX2's bonus stages like beating cycloids and satellites, It's also in the early SNK games like Art of Fighting series where after beating a certain in-between bonus stages would give you a decent power up.

Sample of Power-Up/Reward for Battle Bonuses Events:
    • Full meter V-gauge next match!
    • Full meter Ex-gauge next match!
    • 50% meter Ex-gauge next match!
    • 50% meter V-gauge next match!
    • Vitality Increase 30% (For Survival Battle Type only).

Quick Time Events: This is usually present in role playing games but some fighting games already using it like SC and MK for there own version of story mode that either take a portion of your life before the match begins if you fail to meet the appropriate conditional response to that FMV/CGI event.

They never implemented quick time battles i wonder why? maybe because of other feedback that some dislike it in SC and MK, I think Tekken 7's Story Mode will have as seen on their trailer.

Just a thought for story mode!

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,079
    d3v wrote: »

Technically, it does since DLC exists in part to fund the Capcom Pro Tour. It's just not quite as direct as you think.
    It needs to be more direct then. Evo's prize money is weak. 5000 man pool, and winner only gets 50K? 9th-16th place not even getting anything?

Put out a special EVO exclusive $4 DLC item (costume, theme, stage, announcer voice, etc.) where 25% of the revenue goes towards the prize pool. If 50k people buy it, that $50,000 extra. Put out 5 EVO exclusive DLC items and people buy 2 on average, now you got $100,000 more for Evo. Now you can have more reasonable prize distribution.

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,703
    Guard recovery and wakeup moves need to be able to be delayed by a specified number of frames in training mode.

It's very difficult to test delayed moves in training mode right now.

Also a savestate button would be awesome... So useful. They need to just copy skullgirls training mode and get on with it.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    d3v wrote: »

It needs to be more direct then. Evo's prize money is weak. 5000 man pool, and winner only gets 50K? 9th-16th place not even getting anything?

Put out a special EVO exclusive $4 DLC item (costume, theme, stage, announcer voice, etc.) where 25% of the revenue goes towards the prize pool. If 50k people buy it, that $50,000 extra. Put out 5 EVO exclusive DLC items and people buy 2 on average, now you got $100,000 more for Evo. Now you can have more reasonable prize distribution.

Well capcom was pretty direct with where money to fund the tour comes from. Twitch subscriptions and CPT shirts help fund the tour. You are correct though they really need to put out dlc colors or costumes and say right in the store that this money will fund the scene directly.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,514
    It's probably been mentioned (but I'ma mention it again anyway) that it'd be nice I could send a note when viewing an opponent's fighter profile so I could give them a gg after a match.
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,322
    Anti airs that are actually threatening would be nice. Command grabs not being terrible would be great too.
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • gigglzgigglz Joined: Posts: 493
    I'd actually like to see them changing jumping buttons..

I hope they change active frames of jump attacks to be counterhit state as well... would make jumping a whole lot riskier and therefore even out the risk reward.

Right now jumping has low risk and high reward because lights are generally most consistent for AA.

Making jump attacks crush counterable evens out the damage potential for both parties. And it would make the air counter mechanic useful.

And it would make sense because an anti air is technically always a "counter".

Would appreciate any arguments against or for this idea
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 705
    Just gonna post my thoughts on what I would like to see changed. Apologies if something similar to my thoughts have been posted, but I haven't read the entire thread.

General Gameplay Stuff

Less push back on block and slightly increased throw range.

More juggles on anti air hits. I'm fine with jab AA being a thing if you are unable to react with a beefier AA, but for the slower beefier AAs I want to see more juggle options afterward, I would like this to be especially true for air to airs.

Removal of backward quick rise or severe reduction in speed. It really kills a lot of the up close game mid screen imo.

Hard knockdown after a throw OR characters built for rushdown actually throw you at their feet instead of away from you.

V-trigger

I personally want to see V trigger gained more easily and be able to actively gain it rather than passively by taking damage (for most characters). I would propose that V trigger be gained when on offense as well as when taking damage. All connected normals would generate a small amount of v trigger, though damage and v skills would still generate it faster. V reversals may need to be adjusted in some way to compensate for more rapid v meter gain, but that would need to be determined later.

V trigger is fine the way it is IMO.

Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • WikumWikum Joined: Posts: 3,021
    edited July 2016
    I personally dont like that you can read someone's forward dash into normal throw with a neutral jump and depending on the spacing they can recover before you can punish. In fact in some instances they can whiff throw, then jab or even DP. You guessed correctly but got punished for it. This specifically annoys me for Necalli and Vega as they have ridiculously fast dashes anyways and if you stay still they can command grab you. If you do the safe thing and jump away, they've still gained the advantage as is most likely pushed you closer to the corner.

I also don't think anyone outside of Alex needs a 3 frame normal. You could argue Rog but that's it imo.

Also, can we finally fix the fucking animations. Half of your cr.mk is coming out of the opponents asshole and it still doesn't read it as a hit.
    Post edited by Wikum on
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    General
    - 0 frame command throws (because fuck you that's why)
    - Nerf jab AA, but buff fierce AA, there is zero reason to use fierce AA because jab AA has more follow up options
    - Add guard crush meter like in Alpha 3
    - Lower input delay to 4 frames and fix the input drop from legacy controllers
    - Make mistakes/misreads more punishible, especially if baited and immediately punished. Nothing is more disheartening than setting someone up for a perfect punish only to have it fizzle out to nothing or you eat a big punish because of input delay.
    - Fix hit/hurtboxes, and add an option to show hit/hurtboxes in training mode
    - Get rid of 1 frame links, with 8 frames of input delay and online play that's just silly.

Characters to Add
    -Sodom
    -Guy
    -Hagar
    -Blanka
    -Q
    -Oro

Characters not to add
    -More Shotos/Sagat/
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • gigglzgigglz Joined: Posts: 493
    J-ride wrote: »
    General
    - 0 frame command throws (because fuck you that's why)
    nah, that's just silly. They were fine in sf4, dont understand the heavy nerf though, faster yes, zero startup no

- Nerf jab AA, but buff fierce AA, there is zero reason to use fierce AA because jab AA has more follow up options
    all for it, jab aa doesnt scare anyone from jumping. What happend to 'jumping is a risk'? It's no risk if you take a mere 50 damage but can cash out with 300 and up

- Add guard crush meter like in Alpha 3
    dear god no, you'd have to rebalance the whole cast around that.

- Lower input delay to 4 frames and fix the input drop from legacy controllers
    yes please, plays directly into AA'ing with heavy buttons. Reaction+input delay+heavy startup = ridiculously hard to punish a freaking jump

- Make mistakes/misreads more punishible, especially if baited and immediately punished. Nothing is more disheartening than setting someone up for a perfect punish only to have it fizzle out to nothing or you eat a big punish because of input delay.
    You mean put more stuff on counterhit state? If so, yes. If not, I dont see the point. If you bait something you already prepare for the punish, messing that up is your fault at this point

- Fix hit/hurtboxes, and add an option to show hit/hurtboxes in training mode
    show hit/hurtboxes in training mode absolutely yes. Dont know what you mean by fixing them though, havent stumbled across wonky stuff yet.

- Get rid of 1 frame links, with 8 frames of input delay and online play that's just silly.
    what 1 frame links? there are no true 1 frame links (3f buffer takes care of that)

Characters to Add
    -Sodom no
    -Guy no
    -Hagar no
    -Blanka yes
    -Q yes
    -Oro yes

Characters not to add
    -More Shotos/Sagat/ no, we need akuma and sagat.

I think I've figured out a solution to stop rage quitters completely.

All Capcom servers has to do is NOT AUTO SAVE after every match. Just have manual save when the player wants to leave and end the session in the home ui screen by logging out. If they quit out by any other means the save file will revert to the last previous save state.

At the end of the game session it would tally up all the wins and losses from that game session and then apply them to the player profile.

all the game needs for info is the player rank info, win rate and character. these can be obtained from the recorded match anyways.

Sure, if the network crashes it would suck for players who had long sessions but if they quit and logged back in periodically it would save whatever progress they made with their rank if they were so uptight about it.

They could even have a grading system in place based on one session to the last so you could chart your growth if you had to manually save your wins and losses.

This would be a big annoyance to rqs having to save after every match by logging out and logging back in if they truly want to grind wins. While a player who plays normally only has to worry about the server crashing mid session. Logging into the server doesn't take that long initially when starting the game up but it would become punishingly time absorbing to those who repeated the process to grind for easy wins.

More time those players are logging out and then back in the fewer times you'll run into them if you just stay in the server for a normal session because they'll be spending more time out of the server trying to reconnect to possibly a different server with each new log in.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel