Net code discussion. Rollback confirmed!

1313233343537»

Comments

• FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Capcom reaffirmed to us that they will continue to improve their network infrastructure this year: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131356

今年は昨年よりも快適に楽しくプレイしていただけるよう、ネットワークの改善を含め尽力しておりますので何卒よろしくお願い致します。

After how much worse the online gets after every patch and server maintenance they do, I'd hate to see how much worse it gets once they "improve" it.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,769
    Capcom reaffirmed to us that they will continue to improve their network infrastructure this year: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131356

今年は昨年よりも快適に楽しくプレイしていただけるよう、ネットワークの改善を含め尽力しておりますので何卒よろしくお願い致します。

After how much worse the online gets after every patch and server maintenance they do, I'd hate to see how much worse it gets once they "improve" it.

I can't read Japanese but according to a recent interview for Famitsu they're going for a major overhaul of their server structure and not just an "improvement". Indeed if the translation is correct they are rather saying "last year was shit, we're gonna try making it gud".
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    This would seem like mighty fine info to be released in English... maybe tomorrow or after the holiday on Tuesday.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    I'd prefer to see a legitimate translation before jumping the gun on anything
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,409
    Translation sez

All who live are born to die

True Capcom way!!
  • Cereal and MilkCereal and Milk Best Breakfast Combo! Joined: Posts: 150
    Capcom owes me some points. They deranked me to rookie when I was an ultra gold and won a few games as "rookie". I then got my rank back, however, Well.... those points didnt count.
    I only play charge characters =/
  • Cereal and MilkCereal and Milk Best Breakfast Combo! Joined: Posts: 150
    and no i did not rage quit. I got deranked in between a run back
    I only play charge characters =/
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 30
    90% of the people I play online don't use the training stage. I think the stages with more going on don't help the rollback situation. Add in shit pc's/wireless Internet and you've got yourself a mess.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 330
    Every time i get into ranked its terrible connection even 5bar only
  • MisterManMisterMan Joined: Posts: 81
    Some days all I get are 3 bar connections. Kind of a weird thing. No 4 or 5 bars. Anyone else?
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 330
    Weekend wifi warriors lmao
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/63jxe8/first_official_acknowledgement_of_the/

Thanks to the efforts by /u/l2edford, he managed to get something from John D ("Left behind" guy). Keep in mind that this is not an official statement by Capcom (that's why I put it in quotes in the title) :

"One-sided rollback is something that is on their radar and they are currently researching the causes and fixes. I can't speak to what the timeline for approval is (i do know but can't officially say), but please know that the dev team is listening to feedback and are continuing to work on these issues."

We posted some examples in the /r/kappa thread, but if you have some more examples of one-sided netcode, please tweet them to John D. The ones where the same match is recorded by both sides are especially useful.