SFV: Cammy, Laura
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,183
    edited January 2015
    I ran some tournaments and the stage list we came up with (for singles) through actually playing the game and not talking about theory is:

Neutral:
    Battlefield
    Final Destination & Identical Ʊ
    Smashville

Ʊ identical to FD:
    Battlefield / Big Battlefield
    Final Destination
    Pokemon Stadium 2
    Flat Zone X
    Palutena's Temple
    Skyworld
    Gaur Plain

Ʊ rule: If you want to choose one that is not identical you must run it by your opponent and they reserve the right to deny you.

Counter Picks:
    Wuhu Island
    Duck Hunt
    Town & City
    Delfino Plaza
    Kongo 64
    Orbital Gate Assault
    Halberd
    Lylat Cruise
    Castle Siege
    Pokemon Stadium 2
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,416
    Thats... actually not too terrible a stage list.

Speaking of stages... I went to a local gathering last night...

I hereby am banning Smashville automatically every match I play.

I am absolutely sick and tired of that goddamn stage.

Oh the look on peoples' faces when I ban that shit without hesitation... Learn the other stages, dammit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    that's the apex list + extra omega rule + kongo + orbital + ps2 + wuhu

rip skyloft
    youtube sfv
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,695
    po pimpus wrote: »

Nope. Some stages are banned. Kill it with fire. No Wilys. BOYCOTTTTTT
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953

Speaking of stages... I went to a local gathering last night...

I hereby am banning Smashville automatically every match I play.

I am absolutely sick and tired of that goddamn stage.

Oh the look on peoples' faces when I ban that shit without hesitation... Learn the other stages, dammit.

It's a damn shame when you can win solely because people didn't take the time to learn the stages...
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Too Many Waifus Joined: Posts: 20,888
    Skyloft can actually kill you at certain points during the transitions if you hit the walls. Not unlike Mario Circuit.

Why can't I have a neutral Zelda stage Sakurai.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Skyloft can actually kill you at certain points during the transitions if you hit the walls. Not unlike Mario Circuit.

Why can't I have a neutral Zelda stage Sakurai.

Dude, there aren't ANY neutrals other than Smashville and Yoshi's Island Brawl that aren't part of the usual set.
    phantasy wrote: »
    that's the apex list + extra omega rule + kongo + orbital + ps2 + wuhu

rip skyloft

Skyloft we felt was a little too big, maybe it'll be in doubles if I can figure out how to identify when random scenery will hit you.
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,066
    Orbital Gate Assault is the worst stage in the game, hands down. Yes, even worse than Palutena's Temple. It's like Poké Floats, but 100x worse.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,423
    you never played on pacland then....
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    i think orbital is a good stage, there's only 1 gimmick to be really wary of
    youtube sfv
    Tiberious wrote: »
    Orbital Gate Assault is the worst stage in the game, hands down. Yes, even worse than Palutena's Temple. It's like Poké Floats, but 100x worse.

It's not really anyone's favorite but thinking objectively there's no reason to not allow it.

Also added Skyloft back to the stage list.
    So how about that Umbra Tower guys?
    This thread still exists?
    It does and i think we should have a more serious discussion about the stages now that we have a bunch of DLC stages added to the list, feel me?
    LOL NO.

Gonna be a bunch of whining about shit that people are too lazy to adapt to.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    this is why no one likes you po
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,943
    I seriously would like us to make a list of stages. I know its to much to ask but lets try to keep it civil!
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    I'm just going to list stages into 3 categories, obviously legal, obviously banned, and then the question marks and those question marks should be discussed more

Legal: FD, BF, lylat, town and city, smashville, dreamland 64, miiverse, duck hunt, umbra clock tower

Questionable: Big BF, Mario Galaxy, Mushroom Kingdom U, mario circuit, delfino plaza, kong jungle, skyloft, norfair, yoshi's island melee, wooly world, orbital gate assault, kalos, pokemon stadium 2, gamer, coliseum, castle siege, port town aero, halberd, flatzone x, windy hill zone, pilot wings, wuhu island, wrecking crew, peach's castle 64, hyrule castle 64, pirate ship, midgar,

Banned: luigi's mansion, mario circuit brawl, jungle hijinx, 75m, bridge of eldin, hyrule temple, onett, pyrosphere, palutena's temple, skyworld, the great cave offensive, garden of hope, boxing ring, gaur plains, wily castle, wii fit studio, suzaka castle, super mario maker,

burn in hell: pac-land

It's very liberal. Po has no opinion because he's po. The middle group is what we should talk about. Thoughts?
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,034
    Colosseum should be neutral and legal
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    edited February 2016
    I'm just going to list stages into 3 categories, obviously legal, obviously banned, and then the question marks and those question marks should be discussed more

Legal: FD, BF, lylat, town and city, smashville, dreamland 64, miiverse, duck hunt, umbra clock tower

Questionable: Big BF, Mario Galaxy, Mushroom Kingdom U, mario circuit, delfino plaza, kong jungle, skyloft, norfair, yoshi's island melee, wooly world, orbital gate assault, kalos, pokemon stadium 2, gamer, coliseum, castle siege, port town aero, halberd, flatzone x, windy hill zone, pilot wings, wuhu island, wrecking crew, peach's castle 64, hyrule castle 64, pirate ship, midgar,

Banned: luigi's mansion, mario circuit brawl, jungle hijinx, 75m, bridge of eldin, hyrule temple, onett, pyrosphere, palutena's temple, skyworld, the great cave offensive, garden of hope, boxing ring, gaur plains, wily castle, wii fit studio, suzaka castle, super mario maker,

burn in hell: pac-land

It's very liberal. Po has no opinion because he's po. The middle group is what we should talk about. Thoughts?

I'm here to pick your Questionable list apart.

Permanent walk-offs are a no. A definite no. Just no.

Big BF is just too damn big.

Mushroom Kingdom would be fine but it really is kinda huge and Nabbit really sorta ruins it.

Mario Circuit still has that ceiling glitch.

Delfino/Halberd is fine for most people it's just that DK/Rosa can 0-death you off one grab because of how transitions work. This one sucks but I get it.

Kongo Jungle AKA the classic stalling stage is just too good for some characters. Mac can't reach anyone on top without using up-b at which point any smart player would just go down, rinse and repeat. That's just one set-up!

Skyloft is big and Glitchy.

Norfair's fire just hits too damn hard.

OGA I could potentially see as legal but the more I play to win the more I realize that especially as Sonic I can run away too effectively.

Kalos has the Norfair issue, it's all adaptable but it's a little too strong.

Pokemon Stadium 2 is the only stage I'm really personally on the fence on but I can see how the wind and conveyors are too much for some characters.

Castle is still allowed in some places. I don't see why it was ever banned.

Pilot Wings has red plane being a mini-Venom and yellow plane's undersides being a bit too abusable for run away.

Wuhu is just too large and the transformations are also all very large.

Wrecking Crew is too big.

Peach's Castle 64.... I'm not sure. Pass.

Hyrule Castle 64 is big, has an insane hazard has a cave of life and has permanent walls.

You've gotta be kidding Tier: Any permanent walk-off, Gamer, Port Town, Flatzone X, Windy Hill, Midgar, Pirate Ship.

I sure wish the community would let use shake up the list for doubles though.
    Smash bros you know melee has a pass through glitch on pokemon stadium right? Yet it's still played on.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Too Many Waifus Joined: Posts: 20,888
    Neutral: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland 64, Miiverse, Lylat*.

CP: Duck Hunt, Umbra Clock Tower, Town and City*, Delfino Plaza, Castle Siege, Halberd

*Town and City could still be a potential neutral and Lylat could be a CP.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Davidstar wrote: »
    Smash bros you know melee has a pass through glitch on pokemon stadium right? Yet it's still played on.

I did not know that, details?

Also I feel as if they only play there because without it they have an even number of stages.
    @Smashbro29

the only reason i would ban mariokart is because of stage hazards not because of a rare glitch.
    I thought that glitch only worked on the 20XX hack, guess not

I'll separate the this list into 2 parts, questionable towards being more legal (questionable 1), questionable could go either way (questionable 2), and questionable towards ban (questionable 3)

Questionable 1: Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle, Orbital Gate Assault, Kalos, Pokemon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Halberd

Questionable 2: Mushroom Kingdom U, Mario Circuit, Skyloft, Norfair, Gamer, Port Town Aero Windy Hill Zone, Pilot Wings, Wuhu Island, Peach's Castle 64

Questionable 3: Big BF, Mario Galaxy, Yoshi's Island Melee, Wooly World, Coliseum, Flatzone X, Wrecking Crew, Hyrule Castle, Pirate Ship, Midgar

I think that makes it easier to read as it is a lot of stages. I've been rethinking my way about stages. This is smash, we should allow more stages and play the platforming part of smash a bit more. Nothing too crazy though.
    I thought that glitch only worked on the 20XX hack, guess not

I'll separate the this list into 2 parts, questionable towards being more legal (questionable 1), questionable could go either way (questionable 2), and questionable towards ban (questionable 3)

Questionable 1: Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle, Orbital Gate Assault, Kalos, Pokemon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Halberd

Questionable 2: Mushroom Kingdom U, Mario Circuit, Skyloft, Norfair, Gamer, Port Town Aero Windy Hill Zone, Pilot Wings, Wuhu Island, Peach's Castle 64

Questionable 3: Big BF, Mario Galaxy, Yoshi's Island Melee, Wooly World, Coliseum, Flatzone X, Wrecking Crew, Hyrule Castle, Pirate Ship, Midgar

I think that makes it easier to read as it is a lot of stages. I've been rethinking my way about stages. This is smash, we should allow more stages and play the platforming part of smash a bit more. Nothing too crazy though.

If we're talking 1v1 the only stages with a snowball's chance in hell are Delfino, Halberd and Castle with Delfino/Halberd definitely being out because of abusable low ceilings.

So basically current tourney list + Umbra + Castle = this game's final stage list with Castle maybe being removed later.
    edited February 2016
    Shut the fuck up. Nothing is set in stone.
    Some places are testing kalos, oga, and ps2. I think we should as well along woth the 2nd tier. Maybe a league of only those stages.
    Oga?
    Orbital Gate Assault
    edited February 2016
    Double post
    Post edited by Colonel-Gilgamesh on
    Orbital Gate Assault aka "WAAAH JANK"

Even though the stage follows the same pattern all throughout...
    edited February 2016
    Orbital Gate Assault aka "WAAAH JANK"

Even though the stage follows the same pattern all throughout...

Not about jank, it's about a seriously gross imbalance.

A top sonic player can easily go there and outpace most if not all of the cast with ease. You think Sheik is an issue for you now? Try taking her to OGA.
    Shut the fuck up. Nothing is set in stone.

Yeah but you know my prediction is generous barring a huge change in attitude.

Based on general consensus I think its like this.

Most definitely in play:
    Final Destination/Omega Stages
    Battlefield/Miiverse
    Smashville
    Town & City
    Lylat Cruise
    Dreamland 64
    Duck Hunt

Maybe:
    Umbra Clock Tower (Much higher probability of being integrated compared to CS)
    Castle Siege (not 100% sure why it was ever cut...)

Out due to low blastline during transitions:
    Halberd
    Delfino

Out because of logic described in a previous post and common sense:
    Everything else
    Some places are testing kalos, oga, and ps2. I think we should as well along woth the 2nd tier. Maybe a league of only those stages.

I'm way ahead of you man, I ran those in weekly online tournaments for a year (Correction: not Kalos)

Kalos's shit is too strong and hits far too wide an area.

OGA is too big, it's just too goddamn big.

PS2 is the least objectionable but I challenge you to be a mid-low tier or a slow character or a character with weak/slow aerials and try to compete here. It makes things a huge up-hill battle.
    Post edited by Smashbro29 on
    Hence why i want to test it, bring the platforming into smash bros
    Hence why i want to test it, bring the platforming into smash bros

I love you but that's ridiculous. We're well past the point of testing stages, especially ones that came with the game.
2»