Third party PS4 padhack options

Comments

• GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,530
    There's no way to have both systems on at the same time. The signal can only be in two states. Either high or low. When high it's in ps4 mode and when low it's in ps3 mode.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • YenjoiYenjoi Joined: Posts: 556
    Ahh okay I was thinking that that would probably have something to do with it. Makes sense its probably not even a big deal honestly. Still simple enoughy to add to already assembled sticks
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    Well, we know we can use a genuine DS4 with a PS3... is this possible with the FC?
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    Hori's Fighting Commander for the PS4?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,530
    Fearless wrote: »
    Well, we know we can use a genuine DS4 with a PS3... is this possible with the FC?

If you read the thread you would of seen the bit about it having a switch to switch between ps4 and ps3.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10054927/#Comment_10054927
    Second Post, second photo.

You notice a switch with once side labeled as 3 the other side labeled 4.
    The 3 is for PS3/PC use, the other is for PS4 use.

It seems Sony is mandating all PS4 controller have to backwards compatible to the PS3 console.
    The Dual Shock 4 is the only controller where there no switch and compatibility is automatic; but the Dual shock 4 only has basic support on the PS3 and PC.

3rd party controllers has the 3/4 switch, while the controller set to PS3 mode functions fully as a PS3 controller (with home button support).
  • YenjoiYenjoi Joined: Posts: 556
    Would you guys say this is a good setup for quad mod. Also some possible help as to where to Mount the PCBs will be appreciated.

I just got my pads in the mail for myself and a couple other people locally in the scene. However I'm going to take this time and quad mod my setup up. I'm using my femme fatale stick because well I just love this white body and the buttons. As a collector I've realized I should play with the toys I have no intention on selling. Anyways.

1. Dual mod with ps3 Cerberus no connector version. Dremel out the chip and hide under the bottom so space is optimized.
    2. As far as Xbox one pad is concerned. I have an extra crossbones board I figure would be in good application here. Invert the board so that Xbox and ps3 mode would be by default and hold start to switch to Xbox one.
    3. Add the fighting commander pad wire it up and then wire accordingly using the USB out on the crossbones out and the out on the ps4 pad with a Imp so that all would be under one USB cable. And since crossbones would be under start to switch. I would need to hold home and start in order to access Xbox one. But only home to access ps3/360

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this. Also where would the best possible places to mount the crossbones and ps4 PCBs? On the bottom like usual?
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    Thanks for that explanation @Darksakul.

I was wondering if the FC could be use in this basic form like the DS4 with the PS3.
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
    edited January 2015
    Fearless wrote: »
    Thanks for that explanation @Darksakul.

I was wondering if the FC could be use in this basic form like the DS4 with the PS3.
    Yes and No.

Just set that switch to 3 for PS3 play, if my Hrap V4 is any indicator the PS4 mode will not work on the PS3.
    Only the Dual Shock 4 has auto select.
  • blackraenblackraen Joined: Posts: 229
    edited May 2015

Post edited by blackraen on
    Some people feel the PS/Home button is a requirement.

• Kid KaosKid Kaos Embrace Shadaloo Joined: Posts: 1,072
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Some people feel the PS/Home button is a requirement.

while i agree with this, i'd rather not have a console switch on an arcade stick, and the home button is expendable at this point. I also have like 7 sticks so its no big deal and this is great news for me
    All that remains are just peices of the past
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,384 mod
    Home button can become a necessity in tournaments when you need to access the menu to set the controller number.
    d3v wrote: »
    Home button can become a necessity in tournaments when you need to access the menu to set the controller number.

but when are they really gonna start having tournaments that require ps3/ps4 stick i think by the time that happens we'll have fixes for everything (ps360+ comes to mind)
    Kid Kaos wrote: »

but when are they really gonna start having tournaments that require ps3/ps4 stick i think by the time that happens we'll have fixes for everything (ps360+ comes to mind)
    As soon as USFIV for PS4 hits and Capcom starts using it for the Pro Tour. Sony's sponsoring the tour this year to the tune of $500,000. No way they're using 360s this time out.

As soon as USFIV for PS4 hits and Capcom starts using it for the Pro Tour. Sony's sponsoring the tour this year to the tune of $500,000. No way they're using 360s this time out.

ah very true
  • blackraenblackraen Joined: Posts: 229
    edited May 2015

Post edited by blackraen on
    blackraen wrote: »

And it's easy enough to pop open the stick and flip the switch to PS3 if you're heading to a tourney.

But I just wanted to clear up that "does not work" was only referring to the home button and that by-and-large, that controllers set to PS4 mode will still work on PS3. Then we can let the informed adults figure out if that ruins their lives or not.

this also depends on what kind of stick u have, some sticks are a pain to get into. but over all i agree with what youre saying.
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    I really want to do this for my KI TE2, using a xbone TE2ver and a hori FC4 im looking at about $90
    I should have just done that instead of ordering the P4u2 TE2... which still hasn't shipped.

I guess the cheapest way would be to just gut my VX-SA and use the FC4 pcb.

Thanks for the info @Gummo
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    edited January 2015
    Side note, anyone had a look at these yet? http://www.play-asia.com/hori-pad-4-fps-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dt1.html

hori-pad-4-fps-black-344485.7.jpg

It has a bunch of features not important for FGs but I found a couple a little cheaper than the FC4 on ebay.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
    TRiXWoN wrote: »
    I really want to do this for my KI TE2, using a xbone TE2ver and a hori FC4 im looking at about $90
    I should have just done that instead of ordering the P4u2 TE2... which still hasn't shipped.

I guess the cheapest way would be to just gut my VX-SA and use the FC4 pcb.

Thanks for the info @Gummo

im also waiting on the P4u TE2, i have the FC4 pad at home that i have to dismantle and pad hack still.. just need to see what stick to put it into.. i have a DIY B15 case and a nitewalker case.. its just which do i want to be my ps4 stick lol

those arent common ground from what i hear, will work as a stand alone ps3/4 stick but wont be able to dual mod with it
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968

Avoid.
    Cheaper on eBay?

Dunno what's up over there. But in stores over here, the FC4 Pro is cheaper than the Horipad 4.
  • SskaarSskaar Joined: Posts: 58
    edited January 2015
    So I attempted to hook up a dual-mod using a FC4 with a MCCthulu using an Imp v2 as a switch, and I'm having a bit of a problem. For some reason it just won't recognize on the ps4. On the PC I can get both the MCCthulu and the FC4 board (which registers as "Virtua Stick High Grade) to show up and all the buttons work fine in both modes. But when moving to the PS4 it just gives no response whatsoever. The FC4 board has the system switch set to PS4 and I'm just routing the data cables to the imp's xd+ and xd- spots. Power and ground are connected to the mccthulu Vcc screw terminal and a GND terminal respectively as indicated by the documentation. Any ideas?

Edit: I should also add I went over it with a multimeter in continuity mode, made sure everything was connected and didn't seem to notice any obvious shorts.. but that's about the extent of my multimeter know-how.
    Happiness is a lot like peeing your pants... everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
    Did you bridge the jumpers A & C on the IMPv2?
    edited January 2015
    A & C are left open as I am following the mccthulu column. Would I be better off using the "basic setup" that shorts those jumpers?
    Happiness is a lot like peeing your pants... everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
    Sskaar wrote: »
    A & C are left open as I am following the mccthulu column. Would I be better off using the "basic setup" that shorts those jumpers?

If you've already updated your MCC firmware to the latest version and it's not working, then yes - try the 'basic setup' method.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    edited January 2015
    Sskaar wrote: »

I could be wrong on this, but I believe the MCCthulhu's first column setup with Autodetect was designed to piggyback a 360 pad via the Cthulhu itself and may have troubles doing an autodetect with a different system's pad (especially a newer system like PS4). I do know if you do take the Basic Setup route, it will be guaranteed to work.

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    It's up to date, but yeah I notice it specifically calls out 360 for the first setup. I'll try the basic setup then, thanks.
    edited January 2015
    I just finished this mod and i can confirm ps4 mode works on both ps3 and ps4, all you lose on the ps3 is access to the home button. if thats not important to you then u dont need to add a switch to your stick to switch between consoles.

EDIT: this is just for the FC4 as a stand alone padhack
    Thanks all, after a few minor crisis it's finally up and working! Note: Correctly identifies as "Fighting Commander 4" now instead of "Virtua Stick High Grade".
    GG:Xrd, here I come!
    anyone know if its possible to dual mod this with a ps360+? because if it is i'm buying another one and dropping it into my main stick.
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited January 2015
    anyone know if its possible to dual mod this with a ps360+? because if it is i'm buying another one and dropping it into my main stick.

I am thinking of pairing this hori FC4 pcb with undamned's usb encoder to make a converter that will allow me to use any ps3/360 stick on ps4. I have a couple of 360/ps3 accessories ( a custom stick, a hitbox and some pads) that I don't want to go to the trouble of dual modding each one, so a making a converter makes sense.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801

If you're talking about dual modding a PS4 pad pcb to a PS360+, then yes. I'd recommend crimping a 20pin IDC plug & ribbon cable and making use of the PS360+ breakout points, but it's up to you.
    buyproduct wrote: »

I am thinking of pairing this hori FC4 pcb with undamned's usb encoder to make a converter that will allow me to use any ps3/360 stick on ps4.

while that is good news and an awesome goal to achieve. i want a multi console stick possibly using the FC4 with an imp and ps360+ IF that is possible.
    gahrling wrote: »

If you're talking about dual modding a PS4 pad pcb to a PS360+, then yes. I'd recommend crimping a 20pin IDC plug & ribbon cable and making use of the PS360+ breakout points, but it's up to you.

i wanted to do it using this FC4 pad. i dont know how it would be wired out though. i have soldering knowledge, and i have done ps3/360 dual mods using an imp. i can do it i just need a diagram to follow lol

I am thinking of pairing this hori FC4 pcb with undamned's usb encoder to make a converter that will allow me to use any ps3/360 stick on ps4. I have a couple of 360/ps3 accessories ( a custom stick, a hitbox and some pads) that I don't want to go to the trouble of dual modding each one, so a making a converter makes sense.
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Would something like this be possible @undamned‌ ?
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,687

Sounds like an interesting idea. Would something like this be possible @undamned‌ ?
    UD-USB Decoder should be able to pair with any common ground game controller board.
    -ud
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 421
    If building an empty shell from scratch with the goal being primarily PS4 functionality (and not any kind of future modding), is the consensus pick the FC4?
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo