Ottawa Thread 2015

HashHash Running in the 90'sJoined: Posts: 358
edited September 2015 in Canada
My new years resolution is 1920x1080

For those wanting to get games in, we meet up at the Student Commons building at Algonquin College every Thursday from 5pm until degen o'clock. Its the 2nd floor above the Starbucks.

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/677223472399931/
Post edited by Hash on
«1345

Comments

  • GilletteGillette HQ SPECIAL (TM) Joined: Posts: 1,531
    I knew someone was going to beat me to it. Happy 2015.
  • JensineJensine Acid Raindrops Joined: Posts: 576
    edited January 2015
    Hash can't even crack top 3 anymore but still makes the new thread... There should be a rule against that.

    Anyway happy new year everybody! With a few minor, Hash-related exceptions it seems like just about everybody is leveling up their game.

    Is Kingsley's thing still going on today? I think I'm going

    XBL: Jensine SRK
  • HashHash Running in the 90's Joined: Posts: 358
    Shoutouts to kingsley for his godlike shindig

    Shoutouts to james for being free
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    Yea I guess ill just post it again here. Anyone tryna play some Xrd should let me know, I'm trying to host every now and then since I probably won't be coming out to the gonq much for the foreseeable future.
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 98
    I thought I posted this a while ago but I guess it didn't go.......
    Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. I had fun.

    Also, I'm willing to pay someone $10 to finish modding my stick. It's most of the way there and I have everything that is needed to complete it. I've been putting it off for too long now. Once the stick is up and working again there will be an extra stick at gonq meets. ;)
    ~Kingsley
  • AAKAAK Joined: Posts: 67
    edited January 2015
    Happy new year guys!

    Anybody from here planning on driving to CECC2? If so.... can Muhammed and I bum a ride off you *batty eyes*
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    Yea I guess ill just post it again here. Anyone tryna play some Xrd should let me know, I'm trying to host every now and then since I probably won't be coming out to the gonq much for the foreseeable future.

    Booo :( Muhammad gameshared Xrd with me so I'll definitely put some time into it once CECC2 finishes. But real talk, no one has any business in saying Tekken is hard anymore... GG has just as many mechanics + execution is ridiculous!
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,722
    I completely forgot about when CECC2 is, actually. I might consider going if I can get a lift considering I have a family member that lives in TO I might be able to stay with if it comes to that.
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 98
    edited January 2015
    Also. As far as I know there is going to be a meet up on Thursday.

    Gonq
    Thursday at 5:30ish pm-degen
    Student Commons Building
    Room E209+others sometimes
    2nd Floor above the Starbucks listen for the button mashing

    Bring a stick.


    Also....

    I'll be running 2015 (seasonal) Ranbats for games if there is enough interest for it.

    I'm thinking of doing a round robin format where it's up to you to play everyone once every 2 weeks.
    I have a giant thing of graph paper for it. ;)
    Post edited by RickyTse on
    ~Kingsley
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    AAK wrote: »
    Happy new year guys!

    Anybody from here planning on driving to CECC2? If so.... can Muhammed and I bum a ride off you *batty eyes*

    There's a chance with me if I get the Saturday off, but I'm likely to get scheduled to work Friday night, so I was just thinking of leaving Ottawa late, get as far as a place I can stay for free in Belleville, and then do the rest of the trip in the morning. Skipping out on the free stay and driving the whole way would bank on finding a good place to stay in Toronto for me.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
    happy new year to kingsley, the meetups are real.
  • AAKAAK Joined: Posts: 67
    Essay wrote: »
    AAK wrote: »
    Happy new year guys!

    Anybody from here planning on driving to CECC2? If so.... can Muhammed and I bum a ride off you *batty eyes*

    There's a chance with me if I get the Saturday off, but I'm likely to get scheduled to work Friday night, so I was just thinking of leaving Ottawa late, get as far as a place I can stay for free in Belleville, and then do the rest of the trip in the morning. Skipping out on the free stay and driving the whole way would bank on finding a good place to stay in Toronto for me.

    Yo cool, but I guess the belleville stay would make it difficult for us to tag along. Thanks for the offer though :)

  • iRockTheVoteiRockTheVote 2eznf Joined: Posts: 896
    shitpost 2015 thread is shitpost
    Rape - Cody
  • taidai1338taidai1338 Salt Mine Foreman Joined: Posts: 61
    RickyTse wrote: »
    I'll be running 2015 (seasonal) Ranbats for games if there is enough interest for it.

    Hell yes, i'm definietly interested.
    I made you a combo, but I dropped it.

    PSN/Steam: Taidai1338
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    AAK wrote: »
    Essay wrote: »
    AAK wrote: »
    Happy new year guys!

    Anybody from here planning on driving to CECC2? If so.... can Muhammed and I bum a ride off you *batty eyes*

    There's a chance with me if I get the Saturday off, but I'm likely to get scheduled to work Friday night, so I was just thinking of leaving Ottawa late, get as far as a place I can stay for free in Belleville, and then do the rest of the trip in the morning. Skipping out on the free stay and driving the whole way would bank on finding a good place to stay in Toronto for me.

    Yo cool, but I guess the belleville stay would make it difficult for us to tag along. Thanks for the offer though :)

    Yeah, got my schedule today, and I'm working late Friday night, so I'm going to take this in two steps to avoid burning out. Hope to still see you there though!
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 98
    Anyone feel like driving consoles from my house to Gonq today between 4:20 and 5?

    If no one can I can still make it work. But if someone can I will love you more than toast.
    ~Kingsley
  • bankshotv2bankshotv2 Say Goodnight! Joined: Posts: 173
    Is anyone going for Ultra? You can probably stay with me if you are.
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    If anyone is driving down that weekend, lemme know
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Yeah, if anybody's going to TO for CECC2, let me know, if you've got some space.
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 98
    So ranbats got postponed until next meet due to foreseeable circumstances...
    ~Kingsley
  • bankshotv2bankshotv2 Say Goodnight! Joined: Posts: 173
    hahaah ranbats in ottawa fgc

    Best of luck, again
  • AAKAAK Joined: Posts: 67
    Essay wrote: »
    AAK wrote: »
    Essay wrote: »
    AAK wrote: »
    Happy new year guys!

    Anybody from here planning on driving to CECC2? If so.... can Muhammed and I bum a ride off you *batty eyes*

    There's a chance with me if I get the Saturday off, but I'm likely to get scheduled to work Friday night, so I was just thinking of leaving Ottawa late, get as far as a place I can stay for free in Belleville, and then do the rest of the trip in the morning. Skipping out on the free stay and driving the whole way would bank on finding a good place to stay in Toronto for me.

    Yo cool, but I guess the belleville stay would make it difficult for us to tag along. Thanks for the offer though :)

    Yeah, got my schedule today, and I'm working late Friday night, so I'm going to take this in two steps to avoid burning out. Hope to still see you there though!

    Yeah, don't worry, we just confirmed a rideshare with a guy off Kijiji to go there. One question though, will you be going back to Ottawa from Toronto the same way staying at Belleville or will you go straight to Ottawa. In the latter case, will you be leaving after the tournament Saturday? And IF that's the case is there any spot available for the three of us Tekken heads going?
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Oh shit, some guy on Kijiji had a posting about that? Hm...I don't know whether to ask to get in on it or not. If so, and if you're like going back after the tourney, I know somebody who has an apartment in like Port Hope I could MAYBE convince to let 1, maybe 2 other people crash at A. as long as I'm there too/know them, and B. as long as they don't mind sleeping on travel/camping cots.
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,141
    New thread? Cool.

    We have a $10 Ultra SFIV tournament coming up February 21st. Mark your calendars.

    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
  • HashHash Running in the 90's Joined: Posts: 358
    Krackatoa wrote: »
    New thread? Cool.

    We have a $10 Ultra SFIV tournament coming up February 21st. Mark your calendars.

    Wow, high rollers
  • familymanfamilyman 魔奴義亞 Joined: Posts: 694
    Krackatoa wrote: »
    New thread? Cool.

    We have a $10 Ultra SFIV tournament coming up February 21st. Mark your calendars.
    tell mtlsf, so they can come and loot your pathetic monies
    I may not be the best player in town, but i sure am the person who talks the most trash
    familymansrk@twitter.com
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    edited January 2015
    Gonq Weekly Meet-ups
    Thursday at 5pm - 12 am +
    Student Commons, 2nd Floor above the Starbucks
    We should have both rooms this week.
    As usual, please bring monitors, controllers, and setups
    Post edited by TheRealDaddy-O on
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 740
    So what is the ride situation for us Tekken dudes this weekend? Don't want to spend lots of cash on a bus. Thanks
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 740
    Krackatoa wrote: »
    New thread? Cool.

    We have a $10 Ultra SFIV tournament coming up February 21st. Mark your calendars.

    Add Tekken plz
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,722
    I heard Megabus or whatever might have a cheap round trip thing, but that's from Brockville and I don't know for sure if there's stuff with Ottawa and them or not.
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    edited January 2015
    Alright, we'll be giving the league format another go next week for USF4. If it bombs then we're back to mini-tourneys. Add your name to the spreadsheet, post that you're interested, or talk to me/Kingsley.

    Ottawa High Rollers League
    - FT5 round-robin against every participant
    - Score is determined by the amount of matches you win and GD (if you won 5-3 then you earn 2 points)
    -The one with the highest score wins (a.k.a. win as much as possible)
    - You have 2 weeks to play half your games. We'll announce the first set of matches next week.
    - If you can't come out at all, you can play your matches online (if there's lag, deal with it)
    - There is no character lock for this ranbat.
    - We'll cover the winner's fees for Battle Royale (we have Bruce's approval to go nuts)
    - Will ask for feedback afterwards. Thanks guys.
    Post edited by TheRealDaddy-O on
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • familymanfamilyman 魔奴義亞 Joined: Posts: 694
    (if there's lag, deal with it)
    why so gangsta
    I may not be the best player in town, but i sure am the person who talks the most trash
    familymansrk@twitter.com
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    edited January 2015
    familyman wrote: »
    why so gangsta
    It's an homage to a famous line by Familyman. "I mash piledriver, deal with it."

    Edit:
    Spreadsheet has been updated with today's matches.
    http://waa.ai/4h1M
    Post edited by TheRealDaddy-O on
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
    familyman wrote: »
    why so gangsta
    It's an homage to a famous line by Familyman. "I mash piledriver, deal with it."

    Edit:
    Spreadsheet has been updated with today's matches.
    http://waa.ai/4h1M

    whos feeding you these false stats. i 5-0'd freaz

  • PritzPritz Seriously?! Joined: Posts: 312
    Spreadsheet has been updated with today's matches.
    http://waa.ai/4h1M

    The win losses should show who won the set not the total number of rounds. So for example it should say:
    Youssef: Games: 5 Wins: 5 Losses: 0 +/-: +19

    The individual games are just for tie breakers. Winning the set is more important.
    Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - andydiluvian
  • HashHash Running in the 90's Joined: Posts: 358
    Spreadsheet has been updated with today's matches.
    http://waa.ai/4h1M

    Wow no losses. I'm so godlike.

  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
    Pritz wrote: »
    Spreadsheet has been updated with today's matches.
    http://waa.ai/4h1M

    The win losses should show who won the set not the total number of rounds. So for example it should say:
    Youssef: Games: 5 Wins: 5 Losses: 0 +/-: +19

    The individual games are just for tie breakers. Winning the set is more important.

    i like this. i was confused to see i had 6 losses. too stronk.
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    edited January 2015
    There, I fix'd it. It's also open edit, so feel free to change it if there are any inaccuracies.

    Does anyone want me to start a battle log? I'd need input since I can't remember who everyone used.
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • rafman1649errafman1649er Joined: Posts: 71
    i feel like shit for missing ranbats, thanx carleton university T-T
  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
    i feel like shit for missing ranbats, thanx carleton university T-T

    RIP Raf you will be missed. at least the weathers nice when its summer time.
  • familymanfamilyman 魔奴義亞 Joined: Posts: 694
    i feel like shit for missing ranbats, thanx carleton university T-T
    just make sure u come out for feb tourny
    I may not be the best player in town, but i sure am the person who talks the most trash
    familymansrk@twitter.com
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 740
    Tekken Tag 2 Top 5 from CECC! I got to losers finals. I need to work on my throw breaking. But I had a fun trip!
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    Gonq Weekly Meet-ups
    Thursday at 5pm - 12 am +
    Student Commons, 2nd Floor above the Starbucks
    We have both rooms this week.
    As usual, please bring monitors, controllers, and setups.
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    damn ... youssef is too gdlk.
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 740
    If anyone found a beige tuque 2 Thursdays ago, please give it to me. It is mine. But to be honest, I think it fell out when I was walking in the hallways. I had put it in the sleeve of my jacket, and I suspect it fell through the hand hole.

    Amar called me and said he could not go this Thursday, so I did not go. I have lots of stuff to do anyways here.

    When do the USF4 ranbats start? I saw Kingsley and bankshotv2 working on the brackets, and bankshotv2 asked if I was entering and I said OK.



    ^
    I got the information about a new MKX pad from watching the Avoiding the Puddle podcast. It looks really cool!

    But as of now, there is nothing on the EB Games or PDP websites to buy or pre-order:

    https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Mortal+Kombat+X

    http://www.pdp.com/s?defaultSearchTextValue=Search&searchKeywords=Mortal+Kombat&Action=submit

    If anyone sees a place that has MKX pads for sale or pre-order please post where! Thanks. I assume the pad will likely come out at the same time MKX does. Aris has gotten me excited for MKX! Who else is getting it? It seems there is still going to be a long wait for the colsole version of Tekken 7, so I need something to play, and MKX looks decent.
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    Ranbats have already started forest. Just jump in when you get your stick fixed.
    Scores are being tracked in this spreadsheet http://waa.ai/4h1M
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • familymanfamilyman 魔奴義亞 Joined: Posts: 694
    omfg must have that pad!
    I may not be the best player in town, but i sure am the person who talks the most trash
    familymansrk@twitter.com
  • bankshotv2bankshotv2 Say Goodnight! Joined: Posts: 173
    That definitely was not me.
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 740
    bankshotv2 wrote: »
    That definitely was not me.

    It was Will, the Gouken player. I thought that baby picture was Will, haha
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
    do we know a predator?
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.