Ottawa Thread 2015

Comments

• PritzPritz Seriously?! Joined: Posts: 312
    Remixed wrote: »
    Now we're known for our fraudulence and poverty.

Ottawa, where we duck $1 money matches and venue fees.
    Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - andydiluvian
  • taidai1338taidai1338 Salt Mine Foreman Joined: Posts: 61
    the only people who play marvel seriously have either moved to different cities or stopped FGs altogether. Leaving us with Will's top tier hsien-ko and dirty noodles.

that being said i got real mahvel on my setup and maybe i'll pick up cvs2 if people wanna get in on it. but i'm less hopeful about that than tek's attempt to get people into blazblue.
    I made you a combo, but I dropped it.

PSN/Steam: Taidai1338
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    edited March 2015
    Alright, here are the placements after the first ranbat. We'll post up the rules for the next one soon.

Gold Tier
    Adam - 15 Wins | 0 Losses
    Youssef - 13 Wins | 2 Losses
    Andy - 11 Wins | 3 Losses
    Kevin - 9 Wins | 5 Losses
    Moe - 8 Wins | 4 Losses (GD +15)
    Joey - 8 Wins | 4 Losses (GD +8)

Silver Tier
    Yang - 7 Wins | 7 Losses
    Will - 7 Wins | 6 Losses
    Julian - 5 Wins | 8 Losses
    Kingsley - 4 Wins | 10 Losses
    Nick - 3 Wins | 10 Losses
    Justin (Hot Toy) - 3 Wins | 6 Losses

Bronze Tier
    Patrick - 3 Wins | 4 Losses
    Bruce - 2 Wins | 9 Losses
    Tai - 1 Win | 10 Losses
    Troy - 1 Win | 4 Losses
    Forrest - 0 Wins | 6 Losses
    Raf - New
    Benson - New
    Dave (Dag) - New
    Shayne - New
    Justin (King Gaf) - New
    Post edited by TheRealDaddy-O on
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
  • Burst TimeBurst Time Joined: Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 785

^
    Start watching at about 10 minutes, they talk about Capcom Pro Tour "wild card" qualifiers.

They meantion Canada Cup, which is apparently, according to them, moving to Toronto?

Sorry I did not come this Thursday. I have a sleeping problem where I sleep in the day. I slept in again :neutral:
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • imegabeastimegabeast Joined: Posts: 52
    yo adam and andy .. forget what i told you about the highway thing yesterday. my friend was just messing with me. wasnt that funny.
    imegabeast wrote: »
    yo adam and andy .. forget what i told you about the highway thing yesterday. my friend was just messing with me. wasnt that funny.

I got home and tried to find it on the news. I figured it wasn't actually a thing when I couldn't find anything on it.
    LOL It was on Adam's mind the entire drive.
    Yo, Youssef hop on Steam for some games!
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
  • HashHash Running in the 90's Joined: Posts: 358

Hahaha there was construction and odd trucks all over the place on in the highway that night too
    yeah honestly probably the worst topic to use as a joke .. god damn
  • karlsson95karlsson95 Always pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 60

Nah I think I saw it on BBC :p
    XBL: Silfver Surfer
    edited March 2015
    Aight, been compiling feedback on how to level up and improve the Ottawa scene (venue and whatnot)
    http://waa.ai/45Gv

PM your e-mail or message me on steam if you want to editing privileges to contribute.

Also, lemme know if anyone is interested in discussing any of the topics in a Skype call, with games!
    We'll set a date that's good for everyone.
    Post edited by TheRealDaddy-O on
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
    Skype call podcasting for the Ottawa FGC sounds like a good idea!
    edited March 2015
    Alright I have completed my first draft of the league rules. The first official season starts this Thursday. I hope to have the basics of my league app completed by then. If not we can continue to record them manually until I get something done.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sUfDh-ElH4gICH-85aB9FRbNMRWWZ9Gq-5s6EThpq_Q/edit

There was also talk about getting some Ottawa Apparel done before Toryuken. I know this isn't for everyone but if we can scrap together a simple logo I can make the shirts. I did it before for Newfoundland Fighting Jam when we traveled to Halifax for a tournament. These were the results:

LOGO

SHIRT

Let me know if this is something people are interested in. I had the NFJ crew supply their own T-Shirts and then I charged $5 per shirt to add the logo.

Edit: I also made a facebook group for the Ottawa FGC. Feel free to join if you have facebook. If not keep on coming here. It's not meant to be a replacement.

Ottawa FGC Facebook
    edited March 2015
    The number of new entrants has made it necessary to revise the placements of the offline ranbats and include another tier. Anyone else who wants to join in is welcome.

Gold Tier
    Adam
    Youssef
    Andy
    Kevin
    Moe

Silver Tier
    Joey
    Yang
    Will
    Julian
    Kingsley

Bronze Tier
    Nick
    Hot Toy
    Patrick
    Bruce
    Troy
    Raf

Copper Tier
    Tai
    Forrest
    Benson
    Dagwood
    Shayne
    King Gaf
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
  • karlsson95karlsson95 Always pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 60
    Nooooo I got kicked from Gold 'cause I didn't play my last matches :(
    XBL: Silfver Surfer
    karlsson95 wrote: »
    Nooooo I got kicked from Gold 'cause I didn't play my last matches :(
    Naw, you're gold in my heart(?) Was re-arranged because we only have 22 participants right now.

Every time you are near?
    Close to you
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,141
    edited March 2015
    Pritz wrote: »
    Alright I have completed my first draft of the league rules. The first official season starts this Thursday. I hope to have the basics of my league app completed by then. If not we can continue to record them manually until I get something done.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sUfDh-ElH4gICH-85aB9FRbNMRWWZ9Gq-5s6EThpq_Q/edit

There was also talk about getting some Ottawa Apparel done before Toryuken. I know this isn't for everyone but if we can scrap together a simple logo I can make the shirts. I did it before for Newfoundland Fighting Jam when we traveled to Halifax for a tournament. These were the results:

LOGO

SHIRT

Let me know if this is something people are interested in. I had the NFJ crew supply their own T-Shirts and then I charged $5 per shirt to add the logo.

Edit: I also made a facebook group for the Ottawa FGC. Feel free to join if you have facebook. If not keep on coming here. It's not meant to be a replacement.

Ottawa FGC Facebook

Do they need to be done in vector art or is rasterized fine?

hSrB2AR.png

Post edited by Krackatoa on
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    Doesn't really matter but rasters make it easier for me to edit before i print it if required.
    Super basic web app is complete to get us started in the league. If we continue this league I will continue to make improvements to it.
    Note: If your gamer tag is missing/incorrect leave a message with what you would like it to be. Thanks.
    https://diluvian.ca/league/
    Spamming today, sorry.

Never too early to plan your trip to Toryuken. Putting together a document so people for organizing rides/hotels and share the costs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18A6FGQSUVWHAtPZCvGGklVMywr1gdHPM8edXyyb9Fko/edit?usp=sharing
    edited March 2015
    Size 2XL for the t-shirts, please!

I think divisions based on how much of a scrub people like me are at SF is a good idea to prevent blowups and resulting confidence meltdowns, haha.

I would like to go to Toryuken. I assume the other Tekken players Muhammad and Amar AKA Noctis and AAK are also interested. My real name is Marc, FYI.

I hope there is Mahvel today. Have not touched it in almost 2 weeks tho TBH.
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,141
    edited March 2015
    Going to Toryuken fo' sho. Also, andy ur doc isn't editable.
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    add me on steam for some games and maybe some fun. imegabeast

i cant add u, too low a level
    Krackatoa wrote: »
    Going to Toryuken fo' sho. Also, andy ur doc isn't editable.

Let's try again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18A6FGQSUVWHAtPZCvGGklVMywr1gdHPM8edXyyb9Fko/edit?usp=sharing
  • HotToyHotToy Joined: Posts: 103
    Is there a group discount rate/code that we can use with the Holiday Inn?
  • bankshotv2bankshotv2 Say Goodnight! Joined: Posts: 173
    Hey, so I'm looking to play Tekken 7 and I know that the movement is a pretty technical part of Tekken's system. My question is: is the best use of my time currently just to practice the movement in Tekken Tag 2?
    I really want to learn Yoshimitsu, I think its a pretty safe bet that he'll be in 7 but I'm not sure. Is there anything I should be paying specific attention to if i want to learn Yoshimitsu. Or is it even worthwhile looking at older versions of a character? I don't really know how to approach this game when it comes to training.
    So, who's driving to Toryuken?
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
    So, who's driving to Toryuken?

I heard ....

• taidai1338taidai1338 Salt Mine Foreman Joined: Posts: 61
    I am, but it's going to be super late friday night (I dont finish work until 9)
    I made you a combo, but I dropped it.

PSN/Steam: Taidai1338
    Not sure now to answer that, bankshotv2, and I know Tekken really well. Everything is equally important in Tekken. Any weakness can and will be exploited my your opponent. Practice everything.
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    Gonna bring Yatagarasu to Gonq tomorrow night if anyone wants to try it.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
    I might pass on buying MKX, at least for now. I might play it at Algonquin when I am there though, since that does not cost too much unless your name is Bruce, haha. Sorry, but I did not think about how much it was going to cost...the struggle is real and I assume MKX is $79.99 + Tax? So almost $100? I have to buy a PS4 stick soon since old sticks do not work on it, plus tournament entries for Toryuken and other events. I think I might just concentrate on getting better in Street Fighter.

I was hype for the MKX pad more than the game itself. I asked different game stores about it and it seems like Canadian game stores are not getting the MKX pad at all.

Any recommendations for PS4 sticks? Madcatz is going to have new PS4 sticks in stock soon according to Markman at Final Round. I want a 6-button layout pad for PS4, too. Links appreciated. Is there another thread here on shoryuken I should be asking this?

By the way I have not touched Mahvel for almost 3 weeks. I think my enthusiasm is gone for it.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,832
    I'll play MKX at some point for sure yeah, but I obviously gotta wait until I get some money first, then I'll get a PS4 and all that.
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    forest31 wrote: »
    I was hype for the MKX pad more than the game itself. I asked different game stores about it and it seems like Canadian game stores are not getting the MKX pad at all.

Any recommendations for PS4 sticks? Madcatz is going to have new PS4 sticks in stock soon according to Markman at Final Round. I want a 6-button layout pad for PS4, too. Links appreciated. Is there another thread here on shoryuken I should be asking this?

It was announced that MKX was going to use the Skullgirls drivers, so you'll be able to use your PS3 stick.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
    Please check https://diluvian.ca/league/ to make sure all your matches have been recorded.
    League results for March are as follows:

Gold:
    1st iMegaBeast
    2nd Hash
    3rd Remixed
    4th andydiluvian
    5th Moe

Silver:
    1st Julian
    2nd FamilyMan
    3rd RickyTse
    4th HundredDollarBill
    5th Karlsson95

Bronze:
    1st Krackatoa
    2nd Nick
    3rd Hot Toy
    4th Troy

Copper:
    1st taidai
    2nd Forrest
    3rd Benson
    4th Dagwood

This means the following players need to play to see if they switch leagues:

Andydiluvian vs Familyman
    HundredDollarBill vs Nick
    Forrest vs Hot Toy

The format will be a FT3. No shows count as a loss for this game TODAY. One day only. If both players are absent than there is no change.
    Any players finishing first or last in their division are automatically bumped for season two.
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 99
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys! Do any of you have a good local co-op fps game for PS3 I could borrow for the week. Like Borderlands or something. Somehow I only have 3 ps3 games that support couch multiplayer and none of them are FPS's. :p If you don't mind bringing a copy of something tonight you would be the best!

Edit: For the week. I get the status back next Thursday ;)
    ~Kingsley
    edited April 2015
    Good games today! So when do the next batch of ranbats begin? Before Toryuken, I hope!

If anyone wants me to teach them some Tekken, PM me. Maybe we can set something up.

Hey does anyone know if it is even possible to buy this stick online in Canada?

http://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-4-kai-for-playstation-4/

On the "Express Checkout" it only has an option for "United States" as the "Country."

I know Madcatz is releasing PS4 sticks soon...any other options for PS4 sticks or pads?
    Post edited by forest31 on
  • HotToyHotToy Joined: Posts: 103
    edited April 2015
    Diddnt know there was new leagues lol

And, we should have a Sushi Join rumble tournament on April 8th.
    Post edited by HotToy on
    Does anyone have a sanwa restrictor plate (the part that holds the gate) they can sell?
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you