Calgary Thread 2015

Comments

• InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629
    to be fair, i wasn't saying gootecks is a bad content creator per se, i was just critiquing his advice to people trying to make content to just release a bunch of low-effort stuff to get started

it helps to release SOMETHING, i guess, to prove to yourself you can do it and to gain a bit of momentum, but i basically think taking time to make high quality stuff is always worth it

i think in a sea of bad internet content, the worst way to get started is to release more bad content
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
  • thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    The real question is, would Gootecks murder Mike Ross if he could swap lives with him?

The answer is, probably.
    apparently they removed ryu's link from st.mp into sweep or other things

so now he has like no meaningful combos and only like two cancelable normals

why the heck does capcom want to make sf5 so rigid?
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    Street Fighter: No fun Allowed.
  • ImagineVCImagineVC open your mind Joined: Posts: 5,037
    NASA has a major Mars announcement scheduled for tomorrow. many are speculating they've found liquid water on Mars. that would be awesome.
    http://ottawacitizen.com/technology/science/speculation-rampant-over-major-mars-announcement
  • Aminel1Aminel1 Aladeen. Joined: Posts: 1,169
    Capcom secretly hates Ryu. He's been getting worse and worse with each build. Capcom also secretly hates fireballs, thats why every god damn char in sfv has multiple ways around them. Zoning in sfv is a joke, Ryu in sfv is a joke. Fuck combofiend

Anyone going to dickens today?
  • blackaddeblackadde Don't let me down! Joined: Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i don't like ryu but really there should be fewer ways around fireballs in general.
    The Rindoukan Bible: A Makoto Guidebook - http://otersi.com/rindoukan/
    In every char trailer for sfv the advertise it too like "u don't like fireballs? Neither do we!" *insert special that cancels, absorbs, goes through fb* "and just in case you can't do that, we've made fireballs super slow and the recovery super long so you can just jump anyways! Fuck fireballs!"
    -Capcom
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    dickens today anyone?
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    I'm going
    you can make an interesting game where fireballs suck as a zoning tool (3rd strike), maybe ryu will be able to use it as a footsies poke pretty well, idk what the frames will be like

but every time i see footage of the game, i get the sense that sf5 is build to be like "use this character in exactly this way", because they take away the ability to do anything else at that range so you have no choice. your one hit confirm MUST start with button X (because no other links or cancelable normals exist) and MUST finish with this exact sequence (because the game has carefully calculated pushback to make sure nothing else works), and you're kinda given only a few meaningful footsies buttons

idk, still a few months away from the game launching but this worries me
    honestly not sure if im gonna make it to dickens tonight. perhaps if it sounds like a lot of peeps are gonna go ill show but otherwise ive got stuff i need to do.
    From what I've played in the beta fireballs r super slow and are easy to react to. Plus with how much damage everyone does u could potentially eat 60% off a bad fb or at least 40. With fireballs being as bad as they are that's very likely to happen. Fireballs r pretty easy to react to with 2 button v-skill from bison, Cammy, Nash. Plus with how minus they are on block u could eat a super if Ur Ryu just from them blocking it.
    Fireballs are bad
    fireballs are cheap so whatevs
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited September 2015
    Fireballs suck. If you use a fireball character you're a homo.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So Josh, do you feel that fireballs don't add anything to the game?
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
    I didn't say that.

Do you feel the game is better without them?

Or are you saying that you fully expect a good portion of the player base (I.e. those with a predilection for fb characters) to be homosexual?

I'm not sure I'm following you. Is that a bad thing?

KillerCreation-StillDuckingAround.png
  • TheLastWolvesTheLastWolves Dug Joined: Posts: 785
    edited September 2015
    Yo alphajosh, is it just me or does the announcer chick in this video look just like Tiffany?

Haha i dunno about that, similar glasses n stuff but look wise not really? all i can see is the nose on that girl though lol
    seth is so good
    cinder's theme is so good

hey, you know in fighting games where the game auto blocks a block string for you once you block the first hit? sf4 does it so you can mash reversals and stuff. what's the actual name for that? is it "auto guard" or "absolute guard" or something? making a script for a quick little KI video and don't want to use the wrong term. i guess "auto guard" is okay?
    i think it is technically auto guard. absolute guard can also be used to describe blocking both high and low attacks at the same time too.
    Infil wrote: »
    hey, you know in fighting games where the game auto blocks a block string for you once you block the first hit? sf4 does it so you can mash reversals and stuff. what's the actual name for that? is it "auto guard" or "absolute guard" or something? making a script for a quick little KI video and don't want to use the wrong term. i guess "auto guard" is okay?

I've always called it absolute guard. Some SNK games like Samurai Shodown 4 don't have it.

• w00flesw00fles Wicked underground Joined: Posts: 852
    I've always referred to it as absolute guard - Auto guard / autoblock makes me think of the sfxt gem.

There can only be one authority on FGC terms and it's James 'motherfuckin' Chen.
    i'm p sure it's called absolute guard, and the term came into use for capcom games specifically because of 3s
    Don't you get hit in 3S if you fail to hold back for the duration of the blockstring?

off topic but this is huge news!
    they've found flowing water on Mars. that probably means there is definitely some sort of life on Mars and it also increases our odds of surviving long term on that planet. so sickkkk
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/28/nasa-scientists-find-evidence-flowing-water-mars
  • w00flesw00fles Wicked underground Joined: Posts: 852
    I can't wait for the colony wars of 20xx.
    edited September 2015
    Big deal. It's irrelevant because humanity is going to upload their minds into foglets this century, making water unnecessary.

literally nothing will happen with mars in our life time.
    hmmm you never know josh. technology is advancing at an alien pace right now. NASA's first human mission to Mars is scheduled for 2021. i think we'll see a few people live and die on Mars in our lifetime.
    oh we'll definitely see the latter at least
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    Interstellar was recently uploaded to Netflix's cloud.

Watched it and I agree with the hype.
    The movie was amazing and mind blasting lol.

Oh, and on Netflix, finally Walking Dead's new season is finally up too.

Netflix and chill~ B)

On another topic, I just finished mission 18 in Mgs5 and around 20% complete.
    I die so much and I have stubborn and slow progress.
    But man, when you start upgrading in the game just leveling up in all greatness.

Besides the rocket launcher as a primary weapon to take out tanks and helicopters.
    I luv sniping with the shot gun as my secondary weapon with quiet as my buddy. So awesome and fun.
    Quiet does an awesome job distracting the enemies and just sneak/run around with the shot gun unloading. don't even need to sneak, guy spots you and the slow mo reaction happens, you just unleash with the shot gun before your location is even alerted.
    Back to back, just going around like the terminator, slow shot gunning people and capturing a whole base.

Upgrading the sniper rifles, some of the newer sniper rifles are so awesome.
    Shotgun and grenade launchers too. So much to upgrade in the game, i'm at the point where i'm actually out of money, so i can't upgade and fultoning cargos is even getting expensive.

Funny upgrading the fulton balloon to jack everything, including cargos.
    So far, I can sneak behind a jeep with enemies seated in the jeep.
    I fulton it, and I steal the jeep AND along with enemies. lmao B)

LIke jeez, my motherbase, I use the helicopters to get around the base gets so huge.
    I don't wanna waste my time commuting by jeep in my base. lol

The more I play mgs5, but the more awesome'ness I get out of it.
    Since only @ 20% into the game and probably put maybe 30-40hours into the game.
    I already feel satisfied with my gaming experience so far and I think kojima did a great job.

MGS5
    8.5/10
    Lost a point because its not fair to give a game a 10/10.
    And half a point because how wonky MGS stories and series is lol.
    But fans will appreciate it because its fun and charming.
    THe reasoning why Quiet is borderline naked soldier is ridiculous too.
    Game is fantastic, can't wait to finish the game.

As for fps, I think I like borderlands more than destiny.
    Just my opinion that borderlands just feels and plays more fun.
    Post edited by bboysanstorm on
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,214
    edited September 2015
    Eccentric rich people are sending idiots to Mars to perish in all sorts of horrible ways in the next few years
    They're not idiots just because they're willing to die for humankind. That's like calling our soldiers who are willing to die for our country idiots. i think it's very noble and brave.
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,214
    edited September 2015
    It's a reality tv show dude, a one-way ticket just to see what it's like before guaranteed death. They won't even be doing science. These people will also be completely unqualified to be in space. They are idiots.

I am talking about Mars 1. It's like something out of a cartoon happening in real life.

(and projects like this are likely to beat legitimate treks to space, since space programs are hilariously underfunded)