Calgary Thread 2015

Comments

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    ImagineVC wrote: »
    They're not idiots just because they're willing to die for humankind. That's like calling our soldiers who are willing to die for our country idiots. i think it's very noble and brave.

Surrendering your free will to a system of death does not make you smart or brave.

There is absolutely nothing to gain from sending people to Mars until it's been terraformed, which we currently don't have any clue how to do. The people who want to go there right now are mentally ill. I guarantee you they will blow their brains out within the first week.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• ImagineVCImagineVC open your mind Joined: Posts: 5,037
    yeah the Mars 1 mission is full of idiots but not the NASA Orion mission scheduled for 2021.
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    They're not idiots just because they're willing to die for humankind. That's like calling our soldiers who are willing to die for our country idiots. i think it's very noble and brave.

Surrendering your free will to a system of death does not make you smart or brave.

There is absolutely nothing to gain from sending people to Mars until it's been terraformed, which we currently don't have any clue how to do. The people who want to go there right now are mentally ill. I guarantee you they will blow their brains out within the first week.
    people will have to die on Mars before it can be terraformed. just because you and I aren't brave enough to do it, doesn't mean you have to put those people down. you're so full of bitterness just because you don't have the balls to do anything in life. all you do is sit back and criticize the go-getters.
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    After we terraform mars into a human colony.

There will a war between earth and mars.

Mars think they're all Hollywood with their new hot sh1t on their planet.
    While Earth just thinks Mars people are just a bunch of f4gs.

ANd boom, Earth and Mars crime going down.

Scott Ridley is releasing the Martian, which looks interesting and I most likely to see in theater.
    BUt I think his motivates right now with the aliens universe along with Prometheus.
    Hes gonna try to replicate StarCraft, I swear.
    Aliens, Humans, Engineers.
    Zergs, Terrans, Protoss.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think.

Scott Ridley says they will be maybe 3 or 4 series of the Prometheus movie.
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
    haha Earth will be the Compton of the Universe. Mars will only let in the high IQ people in order to breed the next evolution of Humankind.
    sorry PsychoJosh, youre staying here on Earth.
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    hahahhah,

Earth will be Compton of the Universe.

And Mars will be Silicon Valley of the Universe.

LMao :peace:

Fcuking Mars, Martards are a bunch of white knight, feminist, queers. lmao
    We are on Earth, we be real, we drink colored sugary water and eat animals.
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
  • blackaddeblackadde Don't let me down! Joined: Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    terraforming a planet takes almost geologic time scales (estimates range between 50,000 and 100,000+ years), plus an incredible amount of planning, resources, and willpower across many many generations of people. there is pretty low chance of humans ever terraforming a planet before the species either goes extinct or transforms itself into something we wouldn't recognize as human. that said, getting off this rock is a meaningful endeavor in itself, so i'm happy there are people willing to put the time money and effort into approaching these problems in a pragmatic way.
    The Rindoukan Bible: A Makoto Guidebook - http://otersi.com/rindoukan/
    edited September 2015
    people will have to die on Mars before it can be terraformed. just because you and I aren't brave enough to do it, doesn't mean you have to put those people down. you're so full of bitterness just because you don't have the balls to do anything in life. all you do is sit back and criticize the go-getters.

Well, it's okay, I mean you are dumber than a fucking bag of rocks and logic is poisonous to you so obviously you think sending people to on a one-way trip to Mars is the "sensible" thing to do, ignoring the fact that terraforming mars could be done remotely with hyper-advanced robots that construct themselves on the surface (if you've actually followed advancements in science and weren't just copy-pasting shit from your facebook news feed like a typical retard, you'd know this). No, that's too logical, let's send people to die for no reason because they're "go-getters", as in, "going" to "get" killed pointlessly.

Even Elon Musk doesn't plan to go to Mars with a one-way ticket, he's going up there with a plan to come back, as well as state of the art accomodations that only he can afford. He's not about to sentence himself to life in a ghetto of death, he has more sense than that.

• fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 5,661
    all we gotta do is find the reactor and have arnold touch it

blue skies on mars...
    total-recall.jpg
    anyone wanna hots tonight?
  • thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    I'll try and join up, most likely moving on wednesday so i need to pack shit up.

Artanis' move set looks sick. He might be a warrior i'd enjoy playing lol
    im hyped for artanis because ive wanted a zealot character for a while but i need to see him in action. just reading his abilities and talents i dont really get it? you can only activate your trait when youre below 50%? a lot of his talents are for reducing the cooldown on his trait. do his shields stick around for a while? do you want to find a lane, get 50% damage done to you then try to buff the shit out of his shields? his charge attacks a hero and then returns you to where you were?

one things for sure he's gonna be retarded for ganking with phase prism. body blocks for DAYS
    phase prism will make sweet plays, if you can setup cc and phase prism a back line character into it like kael or naz it'll be pretty crazy good lol
    Just saw they're giving my chocolate queen a heal healing heroic, awww yeah boi thats what i'm talkin about!
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,214
    edited September 2015
    NASA AMA today: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3mq1wl/were_nasa_mars_scientists_ask_us_anything_about/

No plans to have humans near Mars' surface until the early 30s.
    edited September 2015
    The good news is that we need to thicken the atmosphere to make mars habitable, and we are super good at making greenhouse emissions. Imagine in 50-100 years when mars is full of plants that do nothing but pollute it with cfcs. Will be wonderful
    They should make dinosaurs, fill Mars with dinosaurs, and the dinosaurs can heat it up with the crazy amount of farting they'd do.

That should be the next movie: Jurassic Universe. And the dinosaurs can ally with aliens to destroy humans on earth. Could have drop-pods filled with raptors and it'd be all kinds of awesome.
  • InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/09/28/daniel-koreandj-jung-leaves-team-liquid-retires-from-smash-competition/

not surprisingly, another smash player has hand trouble and has to stop playing. he's not the first and won't be the last.

imagine playing mvc3 morrigan as all three characters on your team for 15 years. your hands are just gonna get destroyed. melee has at least that much execution, and probably more long term.
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    that's such a bummer man. the thing you love is slowly killing you.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    Mars needs triple breasted women asap.

Also, moving the cattle industry to Mars would be the quickest way to thicken up the atmosphere. Exporting the meat poses a problem though.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • zakkyzakky rawr Joined: Posts: 1,340
    Angry Mike, I remember you saying we should give you bands to rate a few pages back.

I heard this song on the radio while driving around with my dad the other day, and have been obsessed with it for a week now. I've listened to some Roxy Music before but I'm really getting into it now. The thing is, I can't tell if this is actually a good song, or if it is just hitting something in my primitive brain to make me like it.

Is Roxy Music good?

You wanna talk about ducking?

Qp5qd2I.png

• w00flesw00fles Wicked underground Joined: Posts: 852
    oh btw thanks for joining in on the stream last night too guys

was much appreciated :bow:
    why oh why would they put it near deerfoot mall

this project is DOA
    yeah that's a good point Foger. the type of people this business would attract are young folks with no cars.
    yeah that's a good point Foger. the type of people this business would attract are young folks with no cars.

yeah i dont know what about their demographic told them building it next to an industrial area in the middle of nowhere next to a giant freeway was a good idea, but who knows

ill go check it out but its like 30 mins each way to get to it from the south east
    edited September 2015
    It is curious that they chose to build it far away from any residential zones where you have to commute at least half an hour by bus to get to from anywhere in the city.

Maybe it's classism at work, if you don't have a car, we don't want you here!

(Thankfully I'm finally getting that problem solved)

i'm pretty sure it's just economics of venue space vs land cost in calgary, plus some issues with permits and zoning
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,815
    they better have street fighter.
    or else it's going to fail in my mind hahaha

one can only play so much air hockey and house of the dead
    edited September 2015
    The new Deerfoot Mall is supposed to be bigger than Chinook after renos. Might be a pretty happening place.

Cross Iron doesn't suffer and it doesn't get much more out of the way than that.

The new Deerfoot Mall is supposed to be bigger than Chinook after renos. Might be a pretty happening place.

Cross Iron doesn't suffer and it doesn't get much more out of the way than that.
    chinook is in an extremely dense urban location and has a movie theater and is basically the hub of a giant retail district

cross iron is close to airdrie and exists as a supermall that morons will drive an hour to

deerfoot mall is an outlet mall whos biggest feature is an all you can eat buffet
    edited September 2015
    Deerfoot mall won't be just that anymore in a year. They are expanding to be a very large thing.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1813209/photos-and-video-show-dramatic-makeover-planned-for-deerfoot-mall/

People will certainly drive out of their way for something new and shiny (like with Cross Iron), so the arcade is bound to do well for the first little while, anywho.
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,815
    edited September 2015
    I've always thought the expansion plan / Reno was a good idea.

Chinook is a pain in the ass all around (getting to, parking, layout) and cross iron mills is just the same stores x500 + bass pro shop and its in the middle of nowhere.

Market mall is "meh"
  • Shanghai KidShanghai Kid Joined: Posts: 2,261
    I miss the days where every mall in Calgary had an arcade.
    cross iron is trash, that mall is so god damn big with virtually nothing good.
    Deerfoot mall won't be just that anymore in a year. They are expanding to be a very large thing.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1813209/photos-and-video-show-dramatic-makeover-planned-for-deerfoot-mall/

People will certainly drive out of their way for something new and shiny (like with Cross Iron), so the arcade is bound to do well for the first little while, anywho.
    an open concept mall...in calgary alberta

i can't imagine most sane people walking around a mall when its -30 outside and thinking: you know what could make this better? if i had to go outside to go from bluenotes to the food court
    derryk wrote: »
    they better have street fighter.
    or else it's going to fail in my mind hahaha

one can only play so much air hockey and house of the dead

Yeah they need to embrace esports and competitive gaming if they wanna survive. They should reach out to gamers.