Better call Saul! premiere Feb 8

14567810»

Comments

• UBControlUBControl SS Disciple Joined: Posts: 63
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    Anyone notice the ad for a product named "Weasel" immediately after Jimmy's ad? :rofl:

I found this really funny heh.
    Vamos las bandas!
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,261
    Chuck is forever a shit stain because he's motivated out of sheer jealousy.

Dude can eat the biggest of dicks
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 402
    Season premiere was tonight. Still love the way this series depicts how often we all blur ethical lines. Mike is a pleasure to watch just doing his investigation with little to no dialogue. Nice premiere, hoping we get full on Saul by season's end
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mike is low key MacGyver?
    This is offensive.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 11
    Still wondering whats up with Saul in the beginning. Faking it? Is he actually sick? And we likely wont find out until next season lol.

I think this is the season where Chuck gets crucified. Saul is gonna expose all his crazy in court, get his doctor to testify he's crazy, even get Hamlin on his side (who will take 100% control from Chuck). Chuck is gonna end up committed or dead as everything falls apart. Maybe a psychotic induced coma like before.

But if theres one thing I know, its that I know nothing about what to expect from this series and Breaking Bad lol

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I loved the opening scene with Saul as Gene, struggling with himself to rat out the shoplifter and then telling the shoplifter to get a lawyer. I think it was talked about on Talking Saul how these flash forward sequences show how much Saul has changed since the end of Breaking Bad, like not opening the emergency door when he was locked in the trash disposal area at the mall. I think the fainting was real. He probably felt sick after doing what he did.

Overall, great season premiere. Who do you think Chuck plans on showing the recording to? My first thought was Kim to get her to break ties with Jimmy, but after the scene with Ernesto, it seems like he has bigger plans.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think it might be bait for Jimmy to commit a bigger crime to cover it up

e$ports
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 410
    It was an interesting first episode. The first segment showed him scared witless by the coming run-in with law enforcement, so he played it low key. However, he felt so bad for the kid, who probably reminded Saul of his younger self that his limbic system took over and the line, "Get a lawyer!" slipped out of him. His fainting spell was either a sign of a medical issue or a result of the worry of repercussions for doing so.

Mike's segment was also interesting in that he figured out how he was tracked. It is my guess that Gus Freeman is behind it. Scaramanga and his boss are his arch rivals and he has a man following them.

I believe Chuck is going to litigate since he has so many grudges against Jimmy and the fallout will be bad enough to cause Jimmy's disbarment. However, Chuck is going to use Kim's career as a bargaining chip to make it happen. Jimmy will then start a new life with a different name.
    I think he's going to use the tape to make mesa Verde leave Kim. And as for how this is going to end for his brother, he'll likely end up dead and the reason why Jimmy had to become Saul. We'll see that vanishing dude again most likely to explain how they met.
    This is offensive.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,823
    Yo wtf Mike? Old fart Batman over here. Chuck needs to get bumped off soon, dunnno if i can handle another season of his bullshit.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    You guys realize this is a very short time before Breaking Bad now, right? And that Saul is still living in the same area, using his same face in ads, etc. Theres no way he gets disbarred, relocates, gets a new identity, etc.

Either his name change is voluntary, or its part of some settlement with Hamlin, Hamiln, McGill to change it in exchange for some payout methinks

e$ports
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,407
    Well, it's set 6 years before BB started, and we've gone through about a year ("real" time) of Saul as Jimmy. Who knows what they could sneak in.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jon he Does It Joined: Posts: 11,799
    I don't know about you guys but I found this episode boring as hell. There's way too much filler in this show, these episodes should be around ~30 minutes long instead of the 50+ minutes we get. I sure as fuck didn't need to see Mike fuck with his car for over half an episode to find out if it was bugged or not. I fell asleep towards the end of the episode too.
    Up in Dublins fuckin' Christina Aguilera sniffing Celine Dion's asscrack fulla fuckin' aloe vera
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mike is an always will be my favorite character in the BB universe. He's a pure genius and super industrious. I love that tiny smirk he had when the recon dude picked up the tracker.

I guess it's going to be a longer while before we see Gustavo though. Hopefully next ep, but Gus has many layers to his operation so Mikegyver might need to interrogate or tail an enforcer to get to the source.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Saul needs to happen this season.

Chuck is king asshole.
    This is offensive.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought Jimmy would have sent Mike in for the tape if anything. Hes screwed now.

Another slow episode, but we get to see Gus one upping Mike at least

e$ports
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,345
    I don't get people who talk about slow episodes. The first 2 seasons of BCS were slow just like a lot of BB was. I'm not sure what you are expecting. It's like complaining that Mad Men is slow.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 402
    edited April 19
    I think a lot of people are just antsy for Jimmy to become Saul and after two full seasons they're patience has run thin. I enjoy the pacing right now and I like the slow burn

Edit: I also like that Kim did the same dollar trick to Jimmy that he used on Walt and Jesse on his first appearance in Breaking Bad
    I just feel like the pacing is slower than I'd like to see. The Jimmy in Pollos Hermanos scene was way too drawn out. Mike watching the guy over and over was drawn out; we get it, hes doing dead drops. Beautiful shots, but... not advancing the story. I dunno. It was extra noticeable this week.

e$ports
    Understandable. I'm just saying don't expect for Saul Goodman to be a thing until the end, more than likely.
    Yeah, I think we are a good season or two from true saul

e$ports
  • AlkipotAlkipot Purse first, ass last Joined: Posts: 1,660
    The little touches like Jimmy peeling tape the way Chuck showed him, then saying fuck that was a nice little scene.
    SFV ID - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, Birdie)
    Watch my terrible SFV/UFC2 play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • TenderTortureTenderTorture Joined: Posts: 127
    One thing that went through my head was, "he just threw the fry basket away!" When he threw the tray of trash away. Then was pleased when Gus took it out of the trash when retrieving his watch.
    The director is purposefully making those scenes slow to show you Mike's frustration over being found out. Is that not clear to you guys?
    This is offensive.
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,345
    Raz0r wrote: »
    The director is purposefully making those scenes slow to show you Mike's frustration over being found out. Is that not clear to you guys?

Again, this has been going on since BB and the first 2 seasons of BCS so people being surprised by this in the 10th season of this storyline is just a weird thing to complain about.
    I always got the impression there was more to victor and gale than just him being upset... there were some undertones there, like possibly the two were down low lovers or something. I dont know how else Victor was dumb enough to get himself seen at the scene of the murder, he was too professional for that. Parallels Gus in a way, except Gus kept his calm and enacted a much longer revenge plot. But yeah, knowing Victor was a very longtime henchman makes his murder way more impactful, I hadn't even considered that yet

e$ports
    Still betting that Gus is gay. I hope they never actually reveal it. Much better just to assume his character than to have everything spelled out.
    This is offensive.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah, i also think he's gay, just like
    Hans Landa
    in Inglourious Basterds
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    I didn't see that coke sprinkling coming. It was pretty damn cute.

Chuck being predictable Chuck, or we can chalk it up to consistency. He's still just aiming to take Jimmy's law license away. Saw this coming soon after he didn't immediately bring that tape to the police. It's good either way since Jimmy's storyline is losing interest for me and Mike's is becoming much more appealing.
    This is offensive.
    I feel like if or when (probably when, since Saul is still legally a lawyer in Breaking Bad) Jimmy wins his case, that's it for Chuck; he's probably just going to completely lose his shit and that'll be the end of him. I don't think he'll die per say, but he'll probably have a breakdown and end up in a loony bin. I'm half expecting the case to cause Kim way too much stress and cause them to split as partners, as she has way too much on her plate already.
    Saul will likely end up winning, but by being Dirty, causing his brother to lose it on the stand. He will agree to commit his brother, sell his brothers shares to Hamlin, and in exchange agree not to use the McGill name anymore in law.

But then again, if theres one thing Breaking Bad is good at, its making sure your guesses are always wrong lol

e$ports
    I wonder how many years after the end of the episode was the opening scene.
    This is offensive.
14567810»