Better call Saul! premiere Feb 8

Comments

• HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,685
    Interested in seeing how Nacho ends up since he's not around during the events of Breaking Bad

My guess is he gets too ambitious and Tuco kills him. We'll see

Hoping we'll also get some info on the mysterious backstory of Gus Fring in later season.

All in all, I'm liking the show alot so far.

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    Is Nacho the guy who wants to rob the guy that stole money from the treasury?
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,685
    Yep. Nacho is Tuco's second in command, the calm, level-headed gangster who approached Saul at the end of the episode

He's arguably more dangerous than Tuco seeing as he's actually intelligent, remains to be seen just how dangerous he is tho

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    I did enjoy that training montage with Saul and the mirror, can anybody explain the space blanket though? Its like Saul doubted Chucks illness/bullshit when he had that hangover haze.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Autocrat1Autocrat1 BRING ON HALF-LIFE 3 Joined: Posts: 3,422
    I think Chuck (his brother) is, or was suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity, but even a hungover Saul felt he's overreacting (no pun intended). So he's the Walter White of the show while Saul is Jesse turning into Heisenberg lol.
    I find myself silently laughing hard at work when I think of the word "Bizatch"
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,227
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Hoping we'll also get some info on the mysterious backstory of Gus Fring in later season.

neafDyC.gif

You do realize Gus's back story was explained in BB right?
    spread'em
    Autocrat1 wrote: »
    I think Chuck (his brother) is, or was suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity, but even a hungover Saul felt he's overreacting (no pun intended). So he's the Walter White of the show while Saul is Jesse turning into Heisenberg lol.

He was more than overreacting because electromagnetic hypersensitivity is not actually a real disease.

"The majority of provocation trials to date have found that self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between exposure to real and fake electromagnetic fields, and it is not recognized as a medical condition by the medical or scientific communities. Since a systematic review in 2005 showing no convincing scientific evidence for it being caused by electromagnetic fields, several double-blind experiments have been published, each of which has suggested that people who report electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to detect the presence of electromagnetic fields and are as likely to report ill health following a sham exposure"
    spread'em
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    I thought the show was going to have more comedic overtones, but his scenario is still rather bleak. I enjoyed this pilot, I think even if I knew nothing about Breaking Bad it still would carry some interest just by how the story is unfolding.

My favorite part about the show is how it still has that superb Breaking Bad cinematography, it makes you feel like you're still in that universe.

Dios mio, it's Tuco and his interesting style in shirts! He seems a little more put together, so I wonder if he's developed a serious drug habit yet?

*snorts meth* WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah I'm kind of on the fence about the comedy angle. I def think Odenkirk has the dramatic chops but I hope we don't lose touch what made us all love Saul in the first place.

Gotta agree about the photography. It's neat feeling nostalgia while watching an entirely new show.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,178
    That car accident and puke camera angles
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,879
    edited February 2015
    Are we gonna get a spanish version of this show as well? How do you say better call saul in spanish?
    Better say José?
    spread'em
    a15kko wrote: »
    Are we gonna get a spanish version of this show as well? How do you say better call saul in spanish?
    Well Saul in Metastasis was named "Saul Bueno" so ...Mejor Llamar Saúl Bueno lol?
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    mejor llama a Saul!
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2015
    As soon as one of the Carrot Top twins called Tuco's abuelita a "biznatch" I was like "GGPO". Those brothers were lucky they only their legs snapped. Actually I wanted them dead after they ratted on Saul in the garage, they're some B.A.N.s...

Even though you know Saul is going to survive, anytime there's a scene out in the desert with Tuco, you can't help but get frightened.

lol Abuelita was the perfect ethnic grandma archetype, I'm sure any black or latin dude could relate to her personality. For the love of god, just don't let her drive again.

Speaking of which, I wonder if she passes away before or during the Breaking Bad storyline? Otherwise, the Salamanca name might end up dying with her, instead of Hector.

The montage was cool, and made the road to recovery after nearly getting offed fly by. This Nacho character is interesting, but I have feeling not mentioning this deal he's trying to make with Tuco might be his downfall. The kickback from heist might be what allows Saul to get out of the gutter and start his real business.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Those Napoleon Dynamite twins were annoying. I really hope they're not recurring characters because they pretty much ruined the second episode for me.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • g_sadamotog_sadamoto Joined: Posts: 27
    Digging Better Call Saul. Tuco is definitely a character, great to see him back.
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    Sesshomaru wrote: »
    mejor llama a Saul!
    lol. u beat me to it
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846
    edited February 2015
    So I ended up watching the episodes. Saul at work and his brother was interesting, didn't really care much for Tuco and the twins.

Seems rather PG13 compared to Breaking Bad, I was expecting some very dark humour.
    I remember being left stunned when I saw this
    breaking-bad-head.jpg
    We didn't even get the decent bone breaking sound effects
    Post edited by The Furious One on
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    There has been dark humor. The whole situation between Tuco and Saul negotiating what to do to the twins was pretty hardcore. I'm sure we'll see a lot more.

Also, BIZNATCH is a good word.
    I'm wondering if it's possible that Nacho is an informant for some law enforcement agency. He knew right away that Saul was lying when he said that he was an undercover FBI agent. Of course, this is just wild speculation.

Nacho could have just been playing good cop, either way am onboard with the spec that he does infact rob that 1.5 mil (or whatever it turns out to be) and gets killed for his efforts with Saul taking the lot to move into his fancy digs and using the situation to get enough celebrity to get on TV.

Either that or his brother gets his rightful share of the firm and dies off leaving it to Saul in a will or some shit.

Let's see what happens with Nacho Cheese and Jimmy McGilliam

Someone else out there manipulatin' the situation??

Heeeeeeeere's Johnny!!

lol

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    Saul too good.

Breaking Bad universe police are almost as useless as real life police.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,178
    Saul's got top tier loafers

Holds up after Hiking and street running
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I almost lost it at the Chicago Sunroof line.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2015
    Can you guys clear up the opening scene of episode 3? I got the impression it's a flash forward with sauls bro helping him out of jail some time after the events with nacho and the disappeared family. However it showed what looked like a 80s Paul Heyman cell phone in his belongings and the bro seemed cured of his electro illness.

When is the scene meant to occur? I've admittedly only seen each episode once but this scene in particular I couldn't place in any time lone... or in typical bb style is that what we are meant to be thinking (I.e in the dark)
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    its a flash back...
    I thought that scene being a flashback was made quite clear.
    Heres Johny! and the kids screaming in the tent hahah fucking love this.

edited February 2015
    NVM.
    spread'em
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's a flashback. See the giant cell phone?

I don't get the Chicago sunroof reference. Also, how does the sex robot tie up loose ends?
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    Chicago Sunroof is a reference to what people did to Chicago Browns fans when they put a penis on the top of someone's head.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,196
    The whole 'it's not another Slippin Jimmy' reference should've made clear it was a flashback if not Chuck's hair color...

Chicago sunroof is probably preferable to a Cleveland steamer or Arabian goggles at any rate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file