Better call Saul! premiere Feb 8

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,189
    Skylar was a true piece of shit tho, her husband is dying of cancer and she fucks another dude.

Same with Chuck, dude reads financial journals to pass time, he took his own life into his hands with that bullshit. Jimmy just saved him a lot of suffering in the long run.

The only thing I cant figure out is how Kim gonna get killed off, cause lets be real, this bitch got it comming too.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When Jimmy refused the Kettleman's bribery, it truly cemented how much he wanted to go legit. With some honest fraternal guidance, Jimmy would've stayed on the straight and narrow. His brother never gave that to him, even though Jimmy clearly and desperately sought his approval for years.

Random question, but how high do you think the IQs of these Breaking Bad characters are:

Walter White
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    Gustavo Fring
    Chuck McGill
    Tuco Salamanca
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,304
    Walter 170
    Gus 160
    Chuck 140
    Mike 130
    Tuco 60-70
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chuck is a manipulative asshole who can't stand seeing Jimmy succeed. He'll also dick him and every person near Jimmy he can get. He didn't get Mesa Verde back because it was important to his firm, they would've survived it. He didn't even get them back because they went with Kim. He got them back because he knew doing so would make someone Jimmy cares for hurt thus hurting Jimmy in the process.

If he has this ailment because of his worry over Jimmy, I say he deserves it because Jimmy has been impeded every which way by the fucker. He wanted to stand tall on morality when he was angry about Jimmy sabotaging him, but where does he get off when he tried blocking Jimmy's life every step of the way hoping that he will be vindicated once Jimmy goes back to being a criminal.
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Walter 170
    Gus 160
    Chuck 140
    Mike 130
    Tuco 60-70

Walter 140
    Gus/Mike 130
    Chuck 120
    Jimmy 110
    Tuco ???

Dont think IQ range justifies what these dudes are all about, I mean Walter is intelligent to an prodigious extent, made a billion dollar company, made an empire out of nothing etc. The other guys? I gotta stan hard for Mike, a Vietnam vet cop who shows he can easily take out the Batman, Gus is extremely careful but nothing noteworthy of great intelligence other than mob boss, Chuck is an OCD asshole, citing legislature meh. Jimmy has dem brain genetics but none of the mental disorder, was making dollars as a kid hussling while his big bro was at school, probably smarter than Chuck.

Raw intelligence at some written test maybe Walter then Chuck then the rest of em anyway you like.

edited April 2016
    Mike is more "street smart" rather than just "smart" , that's why you saw me put him below the other fellas.
    Chuck seems more like a guy who has simply gathered alot of knowledge by reading books his whole life.
    I think what all of them have in common doe , with the exception of Tuco , is that they are all calculating.

if they gonna do a pure IQ test then i'm certain either Walter or Gus would score the highest.

edit : and i'm sure Tuco would get kicked da fuk out da classroom cuz he retart as fuqq

Walter would have the highest IQ hands down.

Gus couldn't cook shit. He just ran an illegal empire that, in real life, is run by some pretty dumb but resourceful Mexican.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    Skylar was a true piece of shit tho, her husband is dying of cancer and she fucks another dude.

Same with Chuck, dude reads financial journals to pass time, he took his own life into his hands with that bullshit. Jimmy just saved him a lot of suffering in the long run.

The only thing I cant figure out is how Kim gonna get killed off, cause lets be real, this bitch got it comming too.

You misremember. That was the part of the show, where walt moved back in and said "Fuck you, I'm not leaving and you're not turning me into the cops because then we lose our house and tear our family apart. Theres nothing you can do to keep me away." And her response was, "Okay, fine. Then guess what? I fucked ted."
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Chuck is a manipulative asshole who can't stand seeing Jimmy succeed. He'll also dick him and every person near Jimmy he can get. He didn't get Mesa Verde back because it was important to his firm, they would've survived it. He didn't even get them back because they went with Kim. He got them back because he knew doing so would make someone Jimmy cares for hurt thus hurting Jimmy in the process.

If he has this ailment because of his worry over Jimmy, I say he deserves it because Jimmy has been impeded every which way by the fucker. He wanted to stand tall on morality when he was angry about Jimmy sabotaging him, but where does he get off when he tried blocking Jimmy's life every step of the way hoping that he will be vindicated once Jimmy goes back to being a criminal.

No, he knows that Kim is not going to be nearly as good as he is for the case. It truly is in the clients best interest to have the entire team of paralegals, lawyers, and the person most equipped to handle their case on it. And he's right. We pull for Kim because we want her to succeed, but Chuck and HHM is clearly better for the client. Spiting Jimmy is just a bonus, not a motivator, I believe.
    Walter White
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    Gustavo Fring
    Chuck McGill
    Tuco Salamanca
    Not including Saul? Bullshit!

Saul: 140
    Chuck: 130
    Walt: 130
    Gustavo: 120
    Mike: 115
    Tuco: 70

Walt is smart enough to understand chemistry, I dont think that gives him necessarily a super high IQ. But he is smart at figuring stuff out; but not nearly as much as Saul. I dont think Gus really ever showed anything about being super smart. Mike is above average not more than 1 Standard Deviation. Tuco is definitely 2 standard deviations below average, but he had connections and balls.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Pfft, we know nothing about Kim's lawyering abilities except that she's sought after by two of the area's most prestigious firms. No one at HHM was happy she left, especially Chuck who recognized her talent. She herself knows she'll need a team and we have a dialogue between her and Jimmy saying/starting to do so.

The bullshit Chuck pulled out of his ass at the Mesa Verde meeting was purely for spite, not in the client's best interest.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's interesting that Skylar got so much hate in BB, but it stemmed from Walter being a shithead too. Neither of them were saints, but Walter ended up turning into mostly a monster. I say mostly because Skylar and his family kept him grounded; without them Walter would have spiraled out of control way harder than he did. However, that's the interesting part about BB and BCS's characters: they're written to be complex enough that people can have different opinions and analysis and still be completely valid.
    I don't blame Skylar for what she did. In her shoes I would've fucked that dude, too. It was the only thing she could control and leverage against Walter. Even when she was taking the money, it's not like she had much choice. Her husband was already in the shit pretty deep. She was in the worst position out of everyone because she didn't put herself there nor did she have a viable way out.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    I don't blame Skylar for what she did. In her shoes I would've fucked that dude, too. It was the only thing she could control and leverage against Walter. Even when she was taking the money, it's not like she had much choice. Her husband was already in the shit pretty deep. She was in the worst position out of everyone because she didn't put herself there nor did she have a viable way out.

The right thing would have been divorce.

And you expect people to read apologetic style books that attempts to build sympathy for questionable actions.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    I also like how this show everybody is willing to break bad to advance their agendas.

Quality reflection of real life ambitions and what it takes to be successful

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2016
    When Chuck had to sit down in disbelief upon hearing that Jimmy & Kim partnered up AND got Mesa Verde, it was quite evident that he was being primarily motivated out of spite. I highly doubt he would've brave all "Dem EM W@ves!" if it wasn't for Jimmy's involvement. He would either play an advisory role to Hamlin to take back Mesa Verde whilst still at home, or wished Kim well if she went solo.

Genius and motivation are 2 different things, but here I go:

Walt: 160
    He was a true genius who help cofound a multibillion dollar company. He was also a quick thinker who was able to get out of many jams.

Gus: 140
    An excellent manipulator who was able to control many variables of his drug empire. Even with though he had many resources, I doubt the average person could've ran a illegal business like his so seamlessly while remaining incognito.

Mike: 130
    Although not a scholar, Mike's ingenuity rivals Walt's, but in a more practical sense. He's also very good at remaining under the radar and possesses great emotional intelligence. His ability to strategize and survive perilous situations is quite remarkable.

Chuck: 140
    A brilliant lawyer who has gone through his academic and professional career with little to no hindrances; he is a well-versed polymath and also quite keen.

Tuco: 80
    It's more than likely that this guy has quite a few learning disabilities. He also seems emotionally retarded... I just wouldn't tell him that to his face.

Saul: 120
    I didn't want to factor Saul/Jimmy initially because I thought he'd be too contentious of a character at the moment. "Street smarts" is very debatable, but he's an excellent problem solver with great social awareness.

Post edited by white shadow on
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    pedoviejo wrote: »

And you expect people to read apologetic style books that attempts to build sympathy for questionable actions.

You really are this stupid.

It was about to come, but she had to worry about the kids, a criminal investigation, and possible violence whether she stayed with Walt or not. Remember, her house was broken into even when Walt wasn't even there much anymore.
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    edited April 2016
    Skylar gets shat on for pretty shitty reasons. Try, even for one second, to put yourself in the characters shoes. Walt is constantly going off to random places without saying anything, keeping secrets, has two cell phones, is constantly lying, etc. He got his own family into deep shit by crossing Gus, to the point where Walt had to consider having the whole family just randomly up, move, and get new identities. As a wife and a mother, how is Skylar supposed to feel about that? Is she supposed to feel good about it? Walt pretty much was holding her prisoner because if he got caught, she'd go down with him and she was powerless to do anything about it. Their kids would be taken away, their lives would be ruined. Oh but Skylar is just overreacting, right? LOL

And don't mistake Walter's motives as being for the good of his family. If he really was doing anything for his family, he would have taken the handout to have his treatments paid for, which Elliot and Gretchen were offering. All the shit he did was for himself, and himself alone. He was always a selfish, narcissistic asshole. Even from the beginning he is constantly treating Jesse like shit, threatening to turn him in to the police, trying to dick him out of his fair share. And that doesn't even get into the worst things about him. Mike had Walter pegged from the very beginning in terms of recognizing him for the unstable megalomaniac that he was.

Walt is the guy who writes in his OKCupid profile that he's a "nice guy" when in reality it's all just a farce to cover the bubbling anger underneath it all.
    Post edited by GHOSTMACHINES on
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    Mike is more "street smart" rather than just "smart" , that's why you saw me put him below the other fellas.
    Chuck seems more like a guy who has simply gathered alot of knowledge by reading books his whole life.
    I think what all of them have in common doe , with the exception of Tuco , is that they are all calculating.

if they gonna do a pure IQ test then i'm certain either Walter or Gus would score the highest.

edit : and i'm sure Tuco would get kicked da fuk out da classroom cuz he retart as fuqq

It was about to come, but she had to worry about the kids, a criminal investigation, and possible violence whether she stayed with Walt or not. Remember, her house was broken into even when Walt wasn't even there much anymore.

The lawyer told her to divorce, and she and the kids would be left alone if she filed a restraining order plus protective custody if she claimed abuse and threats.

But I stead she ignores her, wastes Walters money by using the lawyer as her therapy session, and ducks the dude and even asked if it was right.

dumb as ahit white knight.

edited April 2016
    It's like you guys forgot skylar had a choice at the end of season one before Gus was a problem.

She had no idea what he was doing and wanted to save her marriage. What a monster.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,040
    I legitimately like the last few posters who defended Skylar. It's like you read my mind. Plus, you guys understand stuff from a perspective other than Walt's. Good shit, SRK. Good shit.
    She had no idea what he was doing and wanted to save her marriage. What a monster.

save? She should have divorced him if she was going to go as far as to try and embarrass Walt as a cuck when cheating, and then turn him in to save herself and the family.

She had a choice, she choose wrong

The lawyer told her to divorce, and she and the kids would be left alone if she filed a restraining order plus protective custody if she claimed abuse and threats.

But I stead she ignores her, wastes Walters money by using the lawyer as her therapy session, and ducks the dude and even asked if it was right.

Wasn't she already trapped by Walter being involved with drug dealing at that point? Been a minute; would need to watch again to be sure.
    There would've been no way to separate her from Walter's earnings as a drug dealer. No way.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    See, people are siding with Saul now, but will it be like Breaking Bad where you end up despising him at the end of the show? Saul seems too charismatic for that...

e$ports
    Nobody hated on Saul, he was an utility character who was funny and it was quite clear what he was about. Skylar on the other hand did unforgivable shit. Like...

"Oh hey honey, yea it sucks you got terminal cancer, the school and insurance are being dicks and nobody even respects you aside for that billionaire chick I think your fucking, but hey oh thanks for going out of your way by making these hundreds of millions of dollars for me and the kids for when your gone. Btw am fucking Ted.

SJW SRK more like, the bullshit you people are on.

Crucades you are the worst at fucking recaptioning the events. Either that or your blatant sexism blocked out what really happened on the show.

Wasn't she already trapped by Walter being involved with drug dealing at that point? Been a minute; would need to watch again to be sure.

no because the lawyer asked her a few questions and gave her a way out.

Lie about abuse.

If skylar was really doing it for the kids and family like she said (
    crucades wrote: »
    Nobody hated on Saul, he was an utility character who was funny and it was quite clear what he was about. Skylar on the other hand did unforgivable shit. Like...

"Oh hey honey, yea it sucks you got terminal cancer, the school and insurance are being dicks and nobody even respects you aside for that billionaire chick I think your fucking, but hey oh thanks for going out of your way by making these hundreds of millions of dollars for me and the kids for when your gone. Btw am fucking Ted.

SJW SRK more like, the bullshit you people are on.

nobody here is gonna agree with you.

They all said that Walter should have accepted the pity party from those assholes from his old company and accept the money.

She should have let Walter die with fucking dignity, but she fucking bitched and moaned that he needed to get chemo.

Yea am detecting a lot of 'brought up by single mother' from these clowns.

@pedoviejo

were u gonna tell me something when u were quoting both me and razor? :confused:
    @pedoviejo

were u gonna tell me something when u were quoting both me and razor? :confused:

no, sometimes when im on my phone i scroll and push quote, or tap quote when choosing like/lol. I quoted you by accident and forgot to delete the quote when I responded to razor

No one posting about the finale?

Finale was superbly written, as expected (I'm actually way more into the show than The Walking Dead at this point). Lots of things happened this episode. At the beginning we find out Jimmy's mom loved Jimmy more than Chuck, which Chuck's jealousy of Jimmy stems from. We saw that despite everything, Jimmy still cares about his brother no matter what. We saw Mike attempt to kill Hector, but his planned was ruined by someone. We saw... Chuck con Jimmy into confessing forgery on tape?! I'm guessing season three is going to be Jimmy vs Chuck... but in the courtroom. Pretty stoked to see how that is going to go down.

Fans looked at the first letter of every episode this season and discovered an anagram spelling out "FRING'S BACK". Pretty clever by the creators, and it was confirmed to be intentional by Gould and Gilligan.
    So can we finally stop defending Chuck and talk about what a petty, piece of shit brother he is? I never wanted someone to croak as much as this walking turd.

I'll laugh if Fring did that shit to Mike, seeing as he's no fucking commando. He's as soft as Charmin.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chuck: "Got 'em"
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    my gawd that ending !

and thus the true criminal lawyer was born.
    Mike finally gets that tap, also obvious setup with Chuck, like it was almost painful to watch rolling yer eyes like 'common really?'. Chuck just that salty bitch cause mommy didnt love him.

Wouldnt it be something if New Mexico recording laws made that evidence not admissible? And then chuck somehow ends up disbarred after everything Jimmy got away with?

Pretty tight episode, though really the season didn't feel like it progressed enough for my tastes. It has to be Gus with Mike, but... it feels very un guslike to go in the field like that. It could be one of his other dudes.

e$ports
    So can we finally stop defending Chuck and talk about what a petty, piece of shit brother he is? I never wanted someone to croak as much as this walking turd.

I'll laugh if Fring did that shit to Mike, seeing as he's no fucking commando. He's as soft as Charmin.

I don't understand how you have no issue with seeing things through Skyler's point of view, but you can't see the issue with Jimmy's behavior or why Chuck feels the way that he does. And for the record, both he and Jimmy are flawed people, but I wouldn't consider either of them awful human beings.

It was definitely not Gus Fring that left the note on Mike's car, as that's very uncharacteristic of him. It was likely one of Gus's guys. Perhaps it was Gus's right hand man... Mike! :rofl:
    Its likely Victor

e$ports
    Victor doesn't have the subtlety to do that shit. He probably would've just walked up behind Mike and tapped him on the shoulder.

I can't concede it's Fring just yet. It could be one of the dealer's assistants (if he has any) or it could've been someone Nacho hired to track the guy to make sure he didn't take out Hector. Far as I know, Fring had absolutely no one in BB that was as good at this shit as Mike. So unless he had someone BEFORE Mike became head of security we have no way of knowing what's going down.

I'm starting to hate these "leave them wanting more" moments in season finales tho. Irritating as shit.

I don't understand how you have no issue with seeing things through Skyler's point of view, but you can't see the issue with Jimmy's behavior or why Chuck feels the way that he does. And for the record, both he and Jimmy are flawed people, but I wouldn't consider either of them awful human beings.

It's probably because I give no quarter to people who do this sorta shit to family.

Chuck is mad that his parents have always preferred Jimmy even though Jimmy was pretty much a loser. This is the same shit as the Prodigal Son with Chuck being the older brother. He's upset that the parents celebrated the failure yet he doesn't see that his parents are awaiting for the son to "return home" or come to his sense, which he was DOING until Chuck became even more of an irritable bowel.

In the Prodigal Son parable, the older brother is a sniveling twat too, believing he's owed more love because he acted as his parents had intended. He doesn't understand how a parent's love works and he's selfish as fuck to boot. I just can't and won't have sympathy for that type of character.

And I am not here saying Jimmy is clean. I never did. I just think Chuck is the reason he's the way he is now and an unsupportive asshole to the one family member alive and takes care of him without asking for anything in return. Say what you want about Jimmy, but he cares about others even more than for himself. Chuck is just dead set on making sure to keep him as the black sheep of the family.

The opening scene was just SCREAMING how much of an asshole he is. After I saw that, he just can't be redeemed in my eyes.
    Thats a good point about victor/nacho, but I can't imagine Nacho hiring somebody to "warn" him so much as just take him out.

Plus with the episodes saying "Fring's Back" it has to be tied to fring somehow

e$ports
    Of Fring's return I have zero doubt. He is key in Mike's life. In fact, just think back to Mike's reaction when he learned about Fring's death. Dude was fuming mad. Have you ever asked yourself, "why"? Mike was paid up, that was just his employer. You'd think he would just chalk it up to the nature of the business.

Nah, there's something deeper there and I feel we're gonna learn about it during Better Call Saul. Every part of me believed he was returning.
    edited April 2016
    Rumors are flying around that there was some cut footage (a cut character, specifically) from the season finale that was tied to Gus. It was probably who left the note, but unlikely Gus himself.
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,449
    Chuck took Jimmy's advice and rolled around in the dirt with him. But man the start of that episode told a lot of Chuck and his strong resentment of Jimmy.

Also anybody see Kim's face during that commercial especially the "trust" part.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    Nah I was too busy watching Jimmy cringing at his own commercial, "Gimme Jimmy"

e$ports
    edited April 2016

It's probably because I give no quarter to people who do this sorta shit to family.

Chuck is mad that his parents have always preferred Jimmy even though Jimmy was pretty much a loser. This is the same shit as the Prodigal Son with Chuck being the older brother. He's upset that the parents celebrated the failure yet he doesn't see that his parents are awaiting for the son to "return home" or come to his sense, which he was DOING until Chuck became even more of an irritable bowel.

In the Prodigal Son parable, the older brother is a sniveling twat too, believing he's owed more love because he acted as his parents had intended. He doesn't understand how a parent's love works and he's selfish as fuck to boot. I just can't and won't have sympathy for that type of character.

And I am not here saying Jimmy is clean. I never did. I just think Chuck is the reason he's the way he is now and an unsupportive asshole to the one family member alive and takes care of him without asking for anything in return. Say what you want about Jimmy, but he cares about others even more than for himself. Chuck is just dead set on making sure to keep him as the black sheep of the family.

The opening scene was just SCREAMING how much of an asshole he is. After I saw that, he just can't be redeemed in my eyes.

I don't deny that Chuck clearly has some immature sense of jealousy which goes way deep and far back. That's on him.

But I think of Jimmy almost as like a drug addict, or at least his behavior somewhat resembles that of a drug addict. He fucks up, and then says "please forgive me, I'll never do it again!"

And then he does it again. "Please forgive me, I'll never do it again!"

And it keeps repeating. Chuck has been dealing with this shit for over 30 years and he's probably tired of it because Jimmy shows no real initiative towards stopping his own destructive behavior. After awhile you just don't want to give people any more chances and you sure as fuck can't completely trust them or have faith in them. Everything that Chuck feared with regard to Jimmy having a law degree has come to pass, and he was doing it even before he realized that Chuck was blackballing him from working at HHM. I don't think Jimmy is a bad guy, since he clearly cares about people who are important to him. Even Chuck, who, at times has been an asshole towards him. But he is dangerously impulsive, and his "act now, ask questions later" approach, ironically, hurts the people he cares about more than it helps them.

I don't agree with the whole "Chuck made Jimmy this way" line of thinking. Jimmy has been doing this for a very long time, going back to when he was working in his father's store as a kid. Long before Chuck started having to put out all of the fires that Jimmy started. Blaming Chuck is just a convenient way for Jimmy to try to exonerate himself of his actions, the same way a serial killer says "It wasn't me who killed those people, it was the demon inside of me!" or "My dad spanked me once, so I had to kill."

edited April 2016
    The final scene was so painful to watch. Normally Jimmy would be able to see through such an obvious ruse, but he was too blinded by his love and admiration for his brother. Not to mention he never thought his brother, who believes in the letter of the law, would employ such crude "Jimmy" tactics for petty revenge.

Speaking of petty, seeing Chuck's full motivation for undermining and despising Jimmy spelled everything out so clearly. Chuck being the straight line- unwavering, basically got ignored because Jimmy's charisma always made him the center of attention. I do plan on elaborating on this later, as this is by far the most compelling aspect of the show. A complex, but tense fraternal relationship makes for surprisingly engaging television.

As for Mike "Pliskin" Ehrmantraut, it's evident that Gus (via a henchman following his direct orders) was responsible for distracting him. Tuco getting incarcerated probably roused his suspicion enough to look into Mike's background and his motives. Assassinating a higher up in the Mexican Cartel would've put Gus in the crosshairs, since he would inevitably be the primary suspect, being a major player and all. Not to mention the Mexican's scorched earth policy would be bad for business in general. Fortunately for Mike, Gus was probably extremely impressed with his skillset, as well as his character (i.e., their mutual hatred for the Salamancas), so Fring will probably concoct a plausible scenario for who stole their money to take them off the scent (similar to how he made Hank the target instead of Walt in Breaking Bad), thus, earning Mike's respect. It's going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.

The problem Jimmy and Kim face next season isn't the impending trial they will have to deal with, but the consequences of said charges. Their fledgling law firm will be dragged through the mud and their reputations will be ruined even if they win; the same way a guy falsely accused of rape will forever be under suspicion as a rapist even when exonerated. A flummoxed Kim will likely heed Chuck's words post-trial and see Jimmy as a career liability, even though he means well (the recording of his motivation being Kim will hammer this point). I wouldn't be surprised if Kim goes back to her hometown to start her career anew or something similar next season.

Better Call Saul continues to impress me with its superb cinematography. The inverted scene with Chuck on the gurney really did a good job in showing the claustrophobic paranoia he felt being doused by imagined "toxic rays". I can't wait for next season, I wouldn't be surprised if they go the Breaking Bad route and end it all in season 5.
    Post edited by white shadow on

• SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 12,079
    Anyone notice the ad for a product named "Weasel" immediately after Jimmy's ad? :rofl:
    Stuff"

Fuck. That.

Chuck is an asshole and fuck him I hope he gets brain cancer.