New Indie game! Immortal Fray: A fairy tale fighting game with characters we grew up with!

Comments

• xXTheZoneWalkerXxxXTheZoneWalkerXx Joined: Posts: 107
    8USq6wd.jpg?1

Join the newsletter!

Click here:
    http://eepurl.com/bpWSfX
    Im going to do everything I can to get Immortal Fray on the HoloLens!
    microsoft-minecraft.png?w=630
    BxqQsSC.png

A sneak peak at the new graphics of Immortal Fray. Still a WIP. Pan faces off and is ready for battle!
    Finally got a reply back from the owners of the peter pan copyright and they have given me the greenlight :)
    0vQ3A2R.jpg?1

Join the newsletter!
    Click here:
    aTFLUeh.jpg?1

Join the newsletter!
    Click here:
    QFLwsQF.jpg?1
    OpFoyTg.jpg?1
    So I just found out that my co-workers and I are all getting laid off in September due to outsourcing to India. Its funny cause I used to be a Marine in the USMC before college. I've been to war with people but I've never been fired with a group of people. Feels like a higher power is pointing me down a path that ive yet to understand. Anyways, I'm even more motivated to get this project going. I've learned that when times get tough you have to get tougher. Not about to give up on anything.
    Thanks for following my progress everyone! Heres a peek at one of my stretch goal characters. Paying respects to the Combat Core campaign for how they showed off their stretch goal characters.

3q8yBIM.png?1
    edited July 2015
    rZmTWPz.jpg?1
    NnCLL0z.jpg?1
    FPV6gnn.png

Tomorrow at 10pm EST Ill be running a live twitch stream of my development on the game. Stay tuned for the link!
  • UnarmedTitanUnarmedTitan Joined: Posts: 3
    Really liking the progress of your project so far. I just had two questions. When you pitch your kickstarter campaign, do you know what the base funding limit will be at this point? Also I was curious about your favorite fighting games. I find I can find out more about a fighting game from its influences.

watch me live on twitch!
    Really liking the progress of your project so far. I just had two questions. When you pitch your kickstarter campaign, do you know what the base funding limit will be at this point? Also I was curious about your favorite fighting games. I find I can find out more about a fighting game from its influences.

Hey UnarmedTitan, thanks for your questions. Yes after completing the GDD for the game and going over the costs that I would need to cover exactly, I arrived at a base funding amount that I would need. I do plan on running a kickstarter campaign, but im also connected to other funding possibilities. All of this is dependent on how the next version of immortal fray turns out.

Honestly my favorite fighting games are: Injustice, UMVC3, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and Tekken. In that order :). I dont mean to offend anyone by not including other great fighting games in this list, but thats my personal opinion. To me those games stand out and have the best presentation. Im a shazam main when it comes to injustice and whenever I have spare time I can site for hours just practicing :).
  • UnarmedTitanUnarmedTitan Joined: Posts: 3

Hey UnarmedTitan, thanks for your questions. Yes after completing the GDD for the game and going over the costs that I would need to cover exactly, I arrived at a base funding amount that I would need. I do plan on running a kickstarter campaign, but im also connected to other funding possibilities. All of this is dependent on how the next version of immortal fray turns out.

Honestly my favorite fighting games are: Injustice, UMVC3, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and Tekken. In that order :). I dont mean to offend anyone by not including other great fighting games in this list, but thats my personal opinion. To me those games stand out and have the best presentation. Im a shazam main when it comes to injustice and whenever I have spare time I can site for hours just practicing :).

Yeah all great games. I main Nightwing in Injustice personally. But, yeah interested in seeing how the game evolves.

Catch me on Twitch at 9pm EST and watch my development on Immortal Fray​
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,027
    1gpJEaq.jpg?1

Join the newsletter!

Demon Huntress??? the fighter genre already has a female demon hunter that's based off of lil red riding hood and I don't think she'll appreciate this chick jacking her style. ;P But seriously though I'm impressed by all your work. Gotta keep up with this thread more often. so how soon are you to release? Or you still have some ways to go?

BB_Hoody wrote: »
    1gpJEaq.jpg?1

Join the newsletter!

Demon Huntress??? the fighter genre already has a female demon hunter that's based off of lil red riding hood and I don't think she'll appreciate this chick jacking her style. ;P But seriously though I'm impressed by all your work. Gotta keep up with this thread more often. so how soon are you to release? Or you still have some ways to go?

This is true and there is also a graphic novel about little red as a demon huntress as well as a video game. I decided to keep this identity alive so I made my version a demon huntress as well. Im not against changing things around before the prototype is released again :). I care deeply about public opinion.

As far as release goes, I see myself working on this game for a good year before any kind of release. Thats if I can secure funding. If I cant, then it could take significantly longer. I have to start my hospital rounds in January for nursing school and the only way I can continue to work on this game at that point is if I have the financial backing to pay team members and justify spending my off time on development. Hope that answers the question and doesn't sound depressing -_-
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,027
    I was just joking about how BB Hood from Darkstalkers ( As you can tell by my avatar and name I'm a fan boy for her ) and your character are very similar. Also life happens man, it's all good. Hopefully you can put some money away and put that towards funding your game. Once you have something like a beta or what not to present then I'm sure you can get some help through kickstarter.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    I was just joking about how BB Hood from Darkstalkers ( As you can tell by my avatar and name I'm a fan boy for her ) and your character are very similar. Also life happens man, it's all good. Hopefully you can put some money away and put that towards funding your game. Once you have something like a beta or what not to present then I'm sure you can get some help through kickstarter.

Thanks, I have a good attitude about it. Im not one to give up. Also, Ive had success with Kickstarter before when trying to get a game out there. I used kickstarter to make this game https://kickstarter.com/projects/2021040503/kitty-katnip-gravity-platformer?ref=nav_search. Its not nearly the scale of a fighting game, but it was enough to convince me that anything is possible if you have enough determination and fortitude.
    z3hthge.jpg?1
    edited July 2015
    Ill be live streaming on twitch today from 3:30-5:30pm so check out the channel and subscribe! My goal is to get pan up in running in unity with some animations! Also stay tuned for footage from a live show case of Immortal Fray at the legend of GAAM show in Jacksonville Florida! Also, Im single now so I might even throw in a tutorial on how to pick up cute chicks at events like GAAM
    You can catch me on twitch tonight!

Catch me on twitch tonight from 8pm EST - whenever my body fails on me lol
    HEeOGHU.jpg

Stay tuned from the Legend of GAAM showcase of Immortal Fray. Im having players compete in a small tourney to win on of these two original prints from our concept artist
    So im shooting to have the next version of Immortal Fray ready for the public by the middle of next month :)
    edited July 2015
    UGFPnPH.jpg
    http://indienomicon.com/
    Immortal Fray will be featured at the next Indienomicon! Stay tuned for footage and a trailer of the progress so far!
    Ok so Im nearly done with development on version 2.0 of the Immortal Fray Prototype :). Ill have it available for download on 08/10/2015 but you have to join the mailing list to receive the download link. Stay tuned for an updated trailer and footage from the indienomicon showcase in Orlando, Fl!
    In my darkest hour I landed a position as a full time 3D artist at a big simulation company in Orlando :). This is what I was meant to do
  • ascensionXascensionX Joined: Posts: 404
    Trying it out now.
    Support the Ascension X Project https://facebook.com/AscensionX2013 and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/chrissanders3
    ascensionX wrote: »
    Trying it out now.

Thanks! Right now only version 1.0 of the demo is available for download. I plan to release 2.0 on 08/10/2015
    Vk2bHI5.jpg
    http://www.indienomicon.com/game/immortal-fray/

So Ill be showcasing the current build of Immortal Fray at the Indienomicon show in Orlando, Fl. Stay tuned for footage from both GAAM and Indienomicon, then a trailer of the game!
    yay IGM wrote an article on Immrotal Fray!
    http://indiegamemag.com/igm-forum-find-immortal-fray/
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 147

Oh i thought you said IGN.
    SFV - no main.

MAYFLASH V2 User
    Megasizer wrote: »

Oh i thought you said IGN.
    Eventually I hope :)

also, here's the prezi im going to use at Indienomicon :)
    https://prezi.com/p3nzvyloejuw/immortal-fray/