3P and 3K?!!!!!!!!!!

NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,490
Why on earth is it not possible to assign 3P and 3K to a button?

This alone is enough to turn me away from FightCade.

It was possible in 2DF, and in GGPO, but somehow FightCade is more "arcade authentic"?

BULLSHIT.
"Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!

Comments

• studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,090
    NG1313 wrote: »
    It was possible in 2DF, and in GGPO, but somehow FightCade is more "arcade authentic"?

BULLSHIT.

Please do tell where these magical 3P/3K buttons were on ST machines back in 1994?
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
  • ISIMORNISIMORN CLAW Joined: Posts: 74
    3P-K buttons ? hahaha
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,490
    edited June 2015
    "FightCade is MORE AUTHENTIC than CAPCOM PRO TOUR"

So, SF4 allows 3P and 3K, Capcom Pro Tour has $ 500,000 on the line, but yet, "FightCade is more authentic than SF4 and Capcom Pro Tour".

Post edited by NG1313 on
  • mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 119
    You can tell he sucks at fighting games
    Whether I'm incompetent at games or not, I've played for example SFA3 for over a decade, first on the PSX, then on Kaillera, then MAME, GGPO, 2DF, SuperCade, back to GGPO and finally to FightCade, and FightCade is the only one that is "more authentic than anything before it, and even Capcom and Capcom Pro Tour itself".

You tell me who or what sucks, if you just take a minute.
  • xeboxebo Joined: Posts: 40
    Whether I'm incompetent at games or not, I've played for example SFA3 for over a decade, first on the PSX, then on Kaillera, then MAME, GGPO, 2DF, SuperCade, back to GGPO and finally to FightCade, and FightCade is the only one that is "more authentic than anything before it, and even Capcom and Capcom Pro Tour itself".

You tell me who or what sucks, if you just take a minute.

So then you have never played A3 on arcade (it's intended platform) then? What Arcade cab have you ever seen with button binds?
    "i hit every combo/glitch there ever was the first time i try it, and usually the first time i try doing it after i wake up....but then i don't get it again all day at least.

...its like i have real life super meters... " -skisonic
    edited July 2015
    My point still stands. All emulators prior to this holier-than-thou FightCade has offered 3P & 3K; even SF4 and SF5 do.

But, "FightCade is more authentic SF than SF4 and SF5".
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    yes it is more authentic, but i dont see whats the big deal is, is it more you have an execution problem? or you need those buttons to do supers easy? because i can say at least 95% percent of us just play without the 3p and 3k buttons
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
  • yogaboyyogaboy Joined: Posts: 65
    NG1313, you are missing the point.
    You can't play SF4 on Fightcade.
    Fightcade is meant for retro games.
    You don't need those buttons.
    Easiest solution that would please almost everyone -> a decent port. That is, the DC version of ST running on a PS4/XBOX.
    Difficult part -> get capcom involved. Whoever achieves that gets the golden egg and solves the problem for once and for all. Period ;)
    I am the one who is missing the point?? Wow!
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,309
    You kind of are. Why are you getting upset because you cant do TAP or tornado fist with one button? The retro games only had three punch/kick buttons each on the arcade cabs so the players back then adapted to it. Instead of complaining about it go and learn to play like the guys and girls before you.

P.S. If anything you should be glad that you get to play and learn the game on emulators and consoles at home instead of having to play trial and error one quarter at a time in an arcade. Stop taking this shit for granted.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    Suddenly we're talking about "retro games" as if the Roms are bound by an ancient "retro cabinet" blood pact.
    You kind of are. Why are you getting upset because you cant do TAP or tornado fist with one button? The retro games only had three punch/kick buttons each on the arcade cabs so the players back then adapted to it. Instead of complaining about it go and learn to play like the guys and girls before you.

P.S. If anything you should be glad that you get to play and learn the game on emulators and consoles at home instead of having to play trial and error one quarter at a time in an arcade. Stop taking this shit for granted.
    My point still stands. All emulators prior to this holier-than-thou FightCade has offered 3P & 3K; even SF4 and SF5 do.

But, "FightCade is more authentic SF than SF4 and SF5".
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,309
    Basically what I'm getting from your POV is "I'm mad because I have to play the game the way it's supposed to be played." Just learn how to play the game properly instead of whining like a bitch.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    edited July 2015
    No, I'm mad because FightCade decides to stay stuck in the past - as if competitive play didn't eventually move from arcades, and as if the current SF games aren't played on consoles, and as if every predecessor to FightCade hasn't allowed 3P&3K just like SF4 and SF5 do, and in short as if it hasn't actually been 15 years of evolution from arcades to consoles or PCs where 3P&3K are the norm because pads as opposed to sticks are the norm, and which FightCade just tosses to the side because it wants to stay in a magical arcadey place that existed a long fucking time ago.
  • yogaboyyogaboy Joined: Posts: 65
    edited July 2015
    I agree with you that why not support it if GGPO already did it before.
    However, the way I see it is that it will only make sense when new and modern games are supported in Fightcade.
    Obviously, I only care about arcade games so we'll always disagree.
    I also disagree that pads are the norm. Just look at this weekend's EVO and you will see that 90% are sticks if not more (if we talk about SF only. You know better than me for sure if we talk about other games)
    Post edited by yogaboy on
    Easiest solution that would please almost everyone -> a decent port. That is, the DC version of ST running on a PS4/XBOX.
    Difficult part -> get capcom involved. Whoever achieves that gets the golden egg and solves the problem for once and for all. Period ;)
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,984
    edited September 2015
    Well I think you got your wish OP, seems like the fightcade update I just grabbed added 3P and 3K for both players, enjoy.

Just of note, tested in 3s because that's what I was playing when I tried the update; back in a few with ST info.
    Works with ST and I'd say correctly. Tested Boxer TAP inputs with a stick and keyboard at the same time and holding the keyboard 3p button that I assigned disables punches on a stick. Don't care to test any further because I don't agree with it in the first place for ST.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,659
    It does make backflips almost criminally easy. That said, if it doesn't allow for impossible things like was originally theorized I'm fine with it.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    edited September 2015
    Good, but still moronic beyond the far reaches of the retarded scale to ignore the norm of 15 years of PC SF online in the first place. I can't forgive that just because they rectified a moronic mistake like 2 years later. These are the kind of people I wouldn't invest one dime with.
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 558
    I approve 3P and 3K
    Question: Why are people against (or baffled by people wanting) an optional usability feature that's been standard for who knows how long? There's no need to use it, it will improve some people's play experience (and maybe be necessary with crappier keyboards) and seems to work correctly ie. exactly as if you'd pressed the individual buttons down, so doing impossible things should be impossible.

It's not like Fightcade is a tournament, it's not like you're forced to use it, it's not like everyone's goal is arcade perfection (and we're a couple miles away from it by using an old build of FBA anyway). Why the fuss?
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,090
    Komatik wrote: »
    Question: Why are people against (or baffled by people wanting) an optional usability feature that's been standard for who knows how long? There's no need to use it, it will improve some people's play experience (and maybe be necessary with crappier keyboards) and seems to work correctly ie. exactly as if you'd pressed the individual buttons down, so doing impossible things should be impossible.

It's not like Fightcade is a tournament, it's not like you're forced to use it, it's not like everyone's goal is arcade perfection (and we're a couple miles away from it by using an old build of FBA anyway). Why the fuss?

The ST community by and large is all in on being as authentic as possible. Playing on fightcade is obviously not as ideal as playing on CPS2 but it still follows the arcade rules 3P/3K notwithstanding.
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
    Yeah, obviously. I'm just interested in the interest in not having options for people not interested in that. Having the possibility to be as close to arcade as possible should obviously be first priority, but we're talking options here. It's like saying Smash should only be played as items on silly four player FFA or Fox only Final Destination no fun allowed or something.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    shut the fuck up and take a walk scrub :coffee:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2015
    Late to the game, but for the record, I'm against 3p and 3k buttons in super turbo.

But also for the record. there ARE 3p and 3k bindings on fightcade. Scroll to the very bottom, the default is set to F and V on the keyboard. you can change those settings in the ini file of your game. I have to do that for certain games which I prefer to play on keyboard and I need to remap 3p and 3k to something else so I don't hit the buttons.

.... but yet, "FightCade is more authentic than SF4 and Capcom Pro Tour".

Finally, ST tournaments that are run @ capcom pro tour (They're using my setup and another @ Canada Cup) are on supergun or arcade setups. go to one. There are no 3p and 3k bindings on them. So no, capcom pro tour does not allow 3p and 3k bindings for ST.

Also SF2 is more true to core fighting games than SF4. and i'm being nice. I wanted to say SF2 is more authentic than SF4.
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.