Nash General Thread: Charlie (Nash) finally revealed!

ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Psycho DenjiJoined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited February 2016 in Nash

Back from the dead! He looks amazing!
Post edited by jchensor on
Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
PSN: Projectjustice77

Comments

• HiryuMKHiryuMK Joined: Posts: 73
    edited December 2014

At around 1:31, we can see a green gem glowing on Charlie's forehead.

Urien & Gill has that same green colored gem on their forehead.

http://www.game-art-hq.com/urien-official-artworks/
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140322205957/streetfighter/images/e/eb/Sfiii3s_portgill.gif

So, either the Illuminati found Charlie alive and brainwashed him or they revived him. Shadoloo vs. Illuminati confrontation?!
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,540
    edited December 2014
    Charlie is supposed to be dead, its why Guile fights so hard against Bison. This cheapens it. :/

Next theyll be saying Legend of Chun Li is canon and Chun's dad really was alive all those years.

FUCK NO THEY SHOULDNT!
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,200
    Guile actually believes Charlie is still alive. Look at his SF4 prologue.

Anyway, I'm so glad Charlie's back. Interested in how'll he play here.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Shanghai KidShanghai Kid Joined: Posts: 2,261
    edited December 2014

Charlie is dead in Guile's SF4 prologue as well as the ending.

But yeah... probably a safe bet that the illuminati had something to do with his resurrection.
  • EDwinEDwin Joined: Posts: 226

But yeah... probably a safe bet that the illuminati had something to do with his resurrection.

Didn't Abel's backstory/rivial fight with Guile hint that he was alive?
    "SHAKE IT, BAKE IT, BOOTY QUAKE IT, ROOOOLLLLLL IT AROUND"
  • HiryuMKHiryuMK Joined: Posts: 73
    edited December 2014
    With how his body was never found, his returns was always left open. At least, with the Illuminati being involved, his returns won't be as stupid as Gouken's returns.

''Put on coma from the Raging Demon for like 20 years (reducing Akuma's Raging Demon victim list even further)''
    ''Learn the Power of Nothingness that lead to... nothing''
    ''Ryu & Ken doesn't seem to cares their master was alive all that time''

EDwin wrote: »
    Didn't Abel's backstory/rivial fight with Guile hint that he was alive?

Pretty sure the ''Sonicboom'' Abel saw was from Seth, which caused the whole confusion for Guile. Guile probably realized that when fighting/seeing Seth and went to accept that Charlie died.
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,218
    Nice to see Charlie in. AFAIK, less turtle oriented than Guile but still awesome. Of course, it probably means Guile isn't in and then the whole WW cast has effectively been broken. Excellent news.

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,200

That's in his SSF4 prologue and ending. In Vanilla, he's convinced that Charlie is alive because he was never found:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TEAM SHADALOOO!!!

Hopefully the hero will play much more differently than other boom characters this time around.
  • ProRap500ProRap500 Joined: Posts: 149
    edited December 2014
    its obviously a hint towards The Illuminati......but dang im hyped

is anyone actually suprised Capcom is actually going to continue the Urien/Gill Illuminati storyline....sf3 wasn't really a popular game...?

shows that Capcom still cares alot about continuity and the timeline of their games..

i assume SF V will deal with the rise of the illuminati and the fall of shadaloo/s.i.n between SF4 and SF3
    edited December 2014
    According to the story Shadaloo had already fallen. To the whole world, Shadaloo is still no more at the end of SF4 and shifting focus again on a fall of Shadaloo plot seems pretty redundant (considering the number of times it "fell"). If this game does take place before SF3, then we will indeed see the Illuminati come out of hiding (they've been around for a very long time). Not sure where Shadaloo will play into this but probably somewhere in the background like in SF4 rather than in the forefront.

I'd be more interested to see this game take place AFTER 3 though.
    edited December 2014
    so will Gill and Urien play a role or more as a background characters
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    I have a feeling Charlie will finally die for good in this game if it does take place before SF3. Since after SF3 we dont hear anything about Charlie, it would kinda make sense. I have a feeling Guile will kill Charlie as well once he sees how brainwashed he becomes. Or maybe he goes the Cammy route and regains his memories and figures out the error of his ways. I don't know. Still so excited to see him return.
    edited December 2014
    Isn't Alex important to the plot of the Illuminati i remember Gill saying he was someone "special"
    Actually in the context of the present SF timeline, by SF4 Gen has had cancer for 2-3 if he got it during SFA3 and 3-4 years if he got it during SFA2 (I can't remember when he did atm will check later).

Still believable, considering his mastery over his own body.

We also technically, did not see Charlie die, his body was never found and he was merely presumed dead.
  • metallicabandmetallicaband DP & A TELEPORT ?!! Joined: Posts: 2,330
    Just keep this in mind, Capcom doesn't give the slightest fuck what happened to any character in the previous games, if they want to bring them back they'll resurrect 'em as zombies if they had to. Hell maybe that's what happened to Charlie lol
    Shin Akuma V-Trigger Kreygasm, make it happen Capcom .
    Vanilla SF4 > AE 2012: Main: Akuma | Alt: Bison
    edited December 2014
    I disagree. Capcom does give a fuck about character's stories and are attempting to piece together the story all over again, tying loose ends and doing away with the half-assed parts in favor of something more coherent.

Also Capcom is not unique in bringing back the dead. It is common in many similar works of fiction. I don't see any reason to give them shit for it.

It was obvious though that this was the direction they were gonna go. It was already insinuated in Abel's SF4 story that Charlie is alive. How else would he have recognized Guile's moves if Charlie plummeted to his death? Why would Capcom revive Charlie's story in Guile's prologue/epilogue if they weren't gonna take it some place new.

I think the only resurrection that gave me a "wtf" moment was Gouken. His death was integral and served as the foundation of the Ryu/Akuma subplot. I'd be surprised if Gouken remains alive.
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 453
    ProRap500 wrote: »
    Isn't Alex important to the plot of the Illuminati i remember Gill saying he was someone "special"

If SFV does indeed happen between SF4 and SF3, I hope Tom is one of the playable characters. Maybe we can see the storyline where Tom gets his ass kicked by Gill, which introduces Alex in SF3. Or Alex might be in SFV along with Tom.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,496
    This just shows that Gill (or Urien) will also be back, somehow. I'm hoping for a Bison vs. Gill showdown! And of course Bison wins!
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,897
    What if when they go to show Charlie again he puts on the glasses, spreads his arms out, turns grey, his clothes disintegrate, BAM it was actually Urien cosplaying Charlie.

We're talking about Ono here it's entirely possible.

As for evil antagonist organizations, I'm gonna be super biased and hope S.I.N. has a hand in the plot because Juri runs it now and I want her to have a major role in this game. She wouldve aged like 15 years and would be even more experienced.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    edited December 2014
    so you guys think Juri and S.I.N will be going after Gill and the Illuminati?
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,897
    DukeC wrote: »
    What if when they go to show Charlie again he puts on the glasses, spreads his arms out, turns grey, his clothes disintegrate, BAM it was actually Urien cosplaying Charlie.

As for evil antagonist organizations, I'm gonna be super biased and hope S.I.N. has a hand in the plot because Juri runs it now and I want her to have a major role in this game. She wouldve aged like 15 years and would be even more experienced.

I just had a really horrifying thought.

Like, say Juri and Guile had a kid and Remy was the result?

*Pukes everywhere*

That's nasty. Why you gotta disrespect the waifu like that?
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • EDwinEDwin Joined: Posts: 226
    DukeC wrote: »

I just had a really horrifying thought.

Like, say Juri and Guile had a kid and Remy was the result?

*Pukes everywhere*

Their kids would be much younger.
    "SHAKE IT, BAKE IT, BOOTY QUAKE IT, ROOOOLLLLLL IT AROUND"
    could it be Bison related..remember in the anime Bison used a similar device to control chun-li?

are we sure its illuminati/urien/gill related
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,640
    edited December 2014
    ProRap500 wrote: »
    could it be Bison related..remember in the anime Bison used a similar device to control chun-li?

are we sure its illuminati/urien/gill related

sfiii3s_portgill.gif

urien.gif

Charlie has the same gem in his forehead as Gill and Urien.
    so its Gill related not Bison related (like from the anime)
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,221
    SF has a fun story but it makes no sense as a whole. Would be great if Guile is in and they're suddenly rivals. Also, please no Gill. He's a dumb looking version of Urien, we only need one naked dude in underwear.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,976
    This just shows that Gill (or Urien) will also be back, somehow.
    Don't be so sure.
    Magegg wrote: »
    This just shows that Gill (or Urien) will also be back, somehow.
    Don't be so sure.

why not?