M.Bison General Thread: Come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you will find a GOD!

Comments

• Kriger SternKriger Stern Bison Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,596
    Bison winning a tournament makes a glorious day.
    Problem X often leaves Bison, but he, for the second time, took the lord to the very 1st spot.
    Congrats!
    -Daeyrat
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 328

Watching him play that mirror match I've learned you can dash under DR... he was doing that consistently and punishing it.. his precision with cr.lp aa is god like. Solid bison
  • twivtwiv Joined: Posts: 3
    Awww...... LPN dropped Bison for Abigail :***(
  • LoupGrisLoupGris LOUP Joined: Posts: 612
    He was playing a lot of Bison yesterday!
    Hail Satan!
  • digos25digos25 PIMBA PIMBA PIMBA Joined: Posts: 586
    He even lost the mirror against Sin.
    Les vs Nemo:

SIN knew the power of the crLP in the mirror :)
    Hail Satan!
    Bison discord?? if there is one??
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,495
    Guys, I couldn't find the Cammy match-up thread, so I'm posting this here. What are the things I have to always keep in mind when fighting a good Cammy? I seem to have trouble against her rushdown (as anyone else does). Why can't I throw her even after blocked Cannon Strikes performed very high? Should I go for LK instead? Which one has faster start-up, anyway? What other tips can you give me when fighting her as Bison?

@LoupGris 's c.LP tip against Akuma's EX Demon Flip was a life-saver. So much so that the Akuma I'm sparring with won't do that at all anymore. I'm looking for similar small-yet-useful tips against Cammy too. Thanks in advance.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
    Aaaaaand problem x wins again! CHAINS operation didn t fail in the end! Dic s at full power!!
    -Daeyrat
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bison reveals his true form this halloweeen!

3943c740867ce4362f2580435a6dea4a.jpg?v=202200
    Was about to post this.

This is no costume. Just his true form.
    -Daeyrat
    I want some black colors
    -Daeyrat
    Kriger is always all about the black costumes!

I like this one, I'll buy it for sure. I'm already bored with the 30th anniversary costume.
    Hail Satan!
    The 30th ani costume is wack imo... 5/10

Now this costume is more like it!
    Guys, I couldn't find the Cammy match-up thread, so I'm posting this here. What are the things I have to always keep in mind when fighting a good Cammy? I seem to have trouble against her rushdown (as anyone else does). Why can't I throw her even after blocked Cannon Strikes performed very high? Should I go for LK instead? Which one has faster start-up, anyway? What other tips can you give me when fighting her as Bison?

@LoupGris 's c.LP tip against Akuma's EX Demon Flip was a life-saver. So much so that the Akuma I'm sparring with won't do that at all anymore. I'm looking for similar small-yet-useful tips against Cammy too. Thanks in advance.

Check out SIN's match against KBrad. It's at 45min ish
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176482998

I find that I do better against Cammy when I maintain a specific range away from her where she will commit to divekicks or dash in to start here pressure. Look at how SIN also does that. You don't want to get in with your slow dash and certainly not by the air, her back MP is cancer and beats everything even crossups. On the ground, you should be able to hold your own with Bison's normals and blast. When she has meter, don't leave really long gaps in your strings as a random crHP from Cammy into vtrigger is death. Noticing she has resources for that is important. When she pops vtrigger, dont challenge her divekicks. Just v-reversal them. That will hit her even if she's behind you and you can bait a DP or start pressure afterwards. You can see SIN doing just that in the first round. It's really good against Cammy and since she's a glass cannon, you don't need to really too much on your own v-trigger so just v-reversal when in need. Another tip is that sMK can AA regular divekicks which can be useful when Cammy divekicks from far to hit you in the ankles. Her regular divekicks can be minus so you can challenge with sLK when she hits hit from the belt and up approximately. When dealing with her pressure, take the throw.

That's all I got for now. Play this matchup clean, stay far and get Cammy annoyed and careless about how she's gonna get in.
    Hail Satan!
    The best Bison costume, SHIN BISON.
    Logan always talking about that wake up LP Blast pushback tech when commentating Problem X matches.... anyone know what the fuck he is talking about ?
    Hail Satan!
    edited September 27
    This is one of the absolute best alt costumes he ever had! I like so many of the colors!

26_halloween02.jpg

26_halloween10.jpg

26_halloween12.jpg

26_halloween11.jpg

26_halloween13.jpg

I'm here to announce that color 2 won.
    Thanks.
    -Daeyrat
    edited September 27
    2 and 7 (I'm a sucker for green and gold).
    Tried it this morning it looks pretty cool. Lots of clipping through those gigantic horns but nothing that really bothers me. I'll probably use color 1 and 2 the most.
    Hail Satan!
    Hey guys. It's me again. I'm gonna participate in the very first offline torunament in my area and I have some questions.

First off, the game is gonna be played on PC. I am a PS4 player. I'll probably have some difficulty adapting to the smaller size of the monitors, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem, right? Or should I expect a huge advantage gap between me and PC players?

Second, I could use any tips you can give me. I don't even know if I can put the stick on my knees when playing on PC like I do when I play on the PS4? What should I do not to get too excited? That's how much of a newbie I am when it comes to the tournament scene.

I'd really appreciate any inputs.
    Color 2 is actually not as dark in other stages.

Hail Satan!
    But pretty cool still!
    -Daeyrat
    edited September 28
    @Super Sonic there is a slight difference in the PC version and the PS4 version that sometimes makes me drop combos. It's not much though so I suggest you just get there earlier and play a couple of casual games. You will pick up the slight difference in timing fairly quickly and then you'll be good to go. If you do drop a combo during the tournament, don't focus on that and just keep doing your thing.

You should be able to play with your stick on your knees just like when you play at home but that is obviously dependant on the venue the tournament is at and how it is set up.

I see a lot of people with earphones during their game, with some music they like. That might help you block surrounding sounds from the venue, focus on your game and forget you're in a tournament setting. I personnaly don't do it but try it out if it works for you.

Other than that, I feel like getting rid of tournament jitters is mostly a matter of attending more events and getting used to it as well as getting comfortable with the local players from your scene. You're diamond so you should do well but if this is your first tournament, just focus on playing solid and learning something from your losses.

edit: I've been attending local tourneys for 2 years now and I still panicked and threw an EX BLAST straight toward Urien's reflector while playing Nemo at Dreamhack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hail Satan!
    LoupGris wrote: »
    @Super Sonic there is a slight difference in the PC version and the PS4 version that sometimes makes me drop combos. It's not much though so I suggest you just get there earlier and play a couple of casual games. You will pick up the slight difference in timing fairly quickly and then you'll be good to go. If you do drop a combo during the tournament, don't focus on that and just keep doing your thing.

You should be able to play with your stick on your knees just like when you play at home but that is obviously dependant on the venue the tournament is at and how it is set up.

I see a lot of people with earphones during their game, with some music they like. That might help you block surrounding sounds from the venue, focus on your game and forget you're in a tournament setting. I personnaly don't do it but try it out if it works for you.

Other than that, I feel like getting rid of tournament jitters is mostly a matter of attending more events and getting used to it as well as getting comfortable with the local players from your scene. You're diamond so you should do well but if this is your first tournament, just focus on playing solid and learning something from your losses.

edit: I've been attending local tourneys for 2 years now and I still panicked and threw an EX BLAST straight toward Urien's reflector while playing Nemo at Dreamhack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks a bunch, man. I'll post my result here. It's on Sunday.
    edited October 1
    BOYS!!!

The universe is not without irony, and what is the sweetest of ironies if not having Problem's Bison OBLITERATE Phenom's Necalli in the finals and rise to CPT with his big black boot crushing Necalli's head.

That's what Phenom gets for giving up on our BOSS in favor of mud boy. Today is a GREAT day for SFV. TY Problem!!!!
    Me watching Problem X vs Phenom:

LoupGris wrote: »

Thanks a bunch, man. I'll post my result here. It's on Sunday.

Man, I'm pissed. Here's the result of the tourney:

heZZcGX.png

I'm the one called MagneTRonous. I lost two of my matches the same person and he was a Bison user as well. I experienced what I feared most and had to adapt to the shitty monitors (yes, they turned out to be shitty after all). I wasn't playing my usual game at all thank to the input delay. Add to that the fact that the other Bison player likes to spam HK and wait for you to attack instead, I lost and came in second. I was afraid to press buttons, because I dropped next to all my combos. Everyone else (including the winner himself) said the whole thing was messed up due to the input delay, but there was nothing the organization committee could do, apparently. Funny thing is, I beat that other Bison player online all the time. Probably thanks to a combination of the input delay and the other person knowing my style, I lost to him twice. Coming up from the losers' side, I did reset the bracket, though. Then he won 3-1. I blame it all on the input lag, but I gotta admit, after winning my very first match in the tournament, I had the feeling that I was gonna lose my matches further along the bracket, because I couldn't do what I wanted to do in the first match. Still got myself an ASUS Zenphone 3 Laser, but man, that PS4 Pro was the whole reason I went there... :(
  • Remy77077Remy77077 futility fighting Joined: Posts: 350
    Daemos wrote: »
    My friends M Bison animation

Awesome! Glad you saw that already, I came here to post it :D
    http://www.agoners.com My gaming website
    edited October 2
    FYI, our lord and master is being voiced by none other than our very own @Shockdingo ; who does a better fucking job than SFV English VA at capturing Bison's essence IMO.

If I may add, the animation short depicts the PERFECT CAPE on Bison, where it wraps around his neck yet still has the skull chain to hold it in place. Whoever designed this Bison knows exactly who and what this monster of a being is. :heart:
  • Remy77077Remy77077 futility fighting Joined: Posts: 350
    edited October 3
    Daemos wrote: »
    If I may add, the animation short depicts the PERFECT CAPE on Bison, where it wraps around his neck yet still has the skull chain to hold it in place. Whoever designed this Bison knows exactly who and what this monster of a being is. :heart:

A lot of it is based on the SF2 anime movie look for Dictator, updated a bit with of SFV look too.

I might have been giving him a few suggestions for combos and moves from SFV to use too... especially the EX Psycho Blast - aka "the sweaty psycho ball" - as it's one of my favourite moves :)
    http://www.agoners.com My gaming website
  • AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 122

heZZcGX.png

Next time you meet ViolentHeart... punch him in the face for me. Hate teabaggers.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches