Disney XD Rebooting Ducktales

d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPITJoined: Posts: 35,162 mod
http://deadline.com/2015/02/ducktales-animated-series-ordered-disney-xd-1201380913/
Disney XD is revisiting Ducktales. The network said today that it has ordered a new animated comedy series based on the Emmy-winning series that aired from 1987-1990 as part of The Disney Afternoon daily syndicated cartoon block. The new series is slated to launch in 2017. Produced by Disney Television Animation, Ducktales will again star Disney’s iconic characters Scrooge McDuck, his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck.

The new series will follow Scrooge McDuck, his curious and mischief-making grandnephews — Huey, Dewey and Louie — and the optimistic yet temperamental Donald Duck as they embark on high-flying adventures worldwide. Other beloved characters slated to be in the new stories are: Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys (Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle), Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack.

So now to see if they'll continue to solve mysteries, or if they'll end up rewriting history.
You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
-Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
-Daigo Umehara

Comments

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,961
    Thank you, d3v. Now the theme song is stuck in my head.

Make your bets, people. How long will Disney keep this up?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,133
    if their putting donald in the show that would be dope

also I thought disney was all about that live action teen sitcom crap, every time you turn around there is a new series dropping

Billy and Sarah, Kyle and Mindy, Erica and Jacob, Johnny and Ashley or some shit..
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,576
    Disney XD has been doing better with their original animation than CN and Nick. Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls ain't my thing but they are not terrible shows.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,469 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    gravity falls is too good for disney xd.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,865
    Holy fuck, how did i forget about Gravity Falls?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,486
    I grew up with ducktales, one of my favorite cartoons ever. There was talespin, rescue rangers also. However ducktales was easily the best (and one of the most memorable opening songs all time).

It is based on the many uncle scrooge comics, so they have a ton of great material to draw from.

• WilWil Joined: Posts: 5,993
    The theme song has been playing in my head since this morning T_T

Life is like a hurricane....
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,695
    Magegg wrote: »
    chadouken! wrote: »
    After playing the remix Dicktales game

???

Aww, fuck. Big thumbs on small phone keypad. That's fucking hilarious though.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wil wrote: »
    The theme song has been playing in my head since this morning T_T

Life is like a hurricane....

• Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    This would be a good idea if they aired it on their regular Disney Channel. DXD is one of those premium channels you get by paying for an $80 channel package.

I would not be surprised if the premier's ratings were low, which then influences Disney to axe the project... Planned obsolescence at it's worst.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,480
    so how will the space theme fit into this reboot?
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Ayy my nigga Donald Duck is back. He's the GOAT because of DT, KH, and he has his own motherfuckin OJ brand.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thank you, d3v. Now the theme song is stuck in my head.

Make your bets, people. How long will Disney keep this up?

Hmm...we have that "Lion Guard" Lion King spin-off coming up, could this be a slow re-birth of the Disney Afternoon?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,486
    Duckberg was such a lively place. The beagle boys, led by the beagle mom who would lovingly bake in escape tools in a cake to help get her boys out of jail. Mrs. Beakly who would keep Scrooge in line when he got to money hungry (along with the innocent webigail). Not so bright Launchpad who had a heart of gold. The arrogant Gizmo duck. The lanky inventor gyro, Flintheart the essentially the love of money like scrooge but with no morals, Magicka whose spells always don't quite work out, etc. Show was amazing, and I agree it should the remake should be glorious hand drawn 2d.
    Ayy my nigga Donald Duck is back. He's the GOAT because of DT, KH, and he has his own motherfuckin OJ brand.

Donald was always the best of the Disney classic characters.

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited February 2015
    GIZMO DUCK.

I wonder if they'll reinvent him as Tony Stork, since the Gizmosuit was basically an Iron Man armor.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,523
    maxx wrote: »
    gravity falls is too good for disney xd.
    This.

Hell Gravity Falls, has more edgy horror, and dark themes than the Avengers toon & Ultimate Spiderman combined.

Gravity Falls, new Ducktales, you can only pray and hope for the revival of Gargoyles for the hat trick.
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,492
    Gargoyles? Don't you play with my emotions man. I'll punt an infant child for a Gargoyles revival

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,558
    HD-Man wrote: »
    Gargoyles? Don't you play with my emotions man. I'll punt an infant child for a Gargoyles revival
    Grey Gargoyle is a Thor villain.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,518
    So this is when donald is out the navy then

Scrooge is my favorite disney character of all times bruh
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Gargoyles revival? Only on two conditions:

1. Never do the Avalon arc, or anything like it, whereby you cut out 90% of the cast for almost a whole season, and
    2. Keep that shit adult/older childeren/teenage oriented, with blood and everything. More Deadly Force-style episodes, as well.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Everyone visiting this thread has a high chance of getting the ducktales LSS. I'm one of them.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    LIFE IS LIKE A HURRICANE~

DEEP IN DUCKBERG~
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,980

and to add to that:

Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,162 mod
    Wont be the same though since they most likely wont be using Alan Young to do Scrooge's voice.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

d3v wrote: »
    Wont be the same though since they most likely wont be using Alan Young to do Scrooge's voice.

Yeah, sadly time has caught up to Mr. Young... Getting him to do the voice clips for Remastered was one thing, but I doubt the man has the energy to record a full episodic season of television anymore.

..and much like Conroy's Batman, his is the only voice that plays in my head when I think of the character.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    same old theme song
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,980
    A shame...considering how great it was when he did Ducktales remastered, i was hoping they would remaster Ducktales 2 as well before Alan Young can't do the role anymore
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,518
    I loved it when donald did a guest spot on the show

Wondering if darkwing and metal beak ever do guest spots

Metal Beak>Nega Duck
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    It's always ironic when people with the last name Young get old.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    Lucky dime is going to be putting in some overtime.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    edited February 2015
    why

edit: oh wait, Disney is actually the only channel that is still somewhat good with their animation. I am now cautiously optimistic.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RACE CARS, LASERS, AEROPLANES...

IT'S A DUCK-BLUR~
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    Gargoyles revival? Only on two conditions:

1. Never do the Avalon arc, or anything like it, whereby you cut out 90% of the cast for almost a whole season, and
    2. Keep that shit adult/older childeren/teenage oriented, with blood and everything. More Deadly Force-style episodes, as well.

OOOOORR...they could do an animated version of the Greg Weisman comic, aka unofficial season 3. I need some Coco.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,695
    MIGHT SOLVE A MYSTERY...
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,297
    The Ducktales theme is a ripoff.

You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    OR REWRITE HISTORY...
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2015
    Reboot sucks beta B)
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,277
    OUT OF SMOKE AND HE APPEARS, THE MASTER OF SURPRISE
    tumblr_lvoknbDsDn1r03nno.jpg