The Hori PS4 VLX thread

Comments

• asiangrafxasiangrafx Joined: Posts: 186
    my red one doesnt have the dimples, its random really. there are no welds or anything on that area behind what is definitely metal. its the luck of the draw.
    now we need a red one with brushed aluminum for xbox one. make it happen arcade shock.

ME0001158591_2.jpg
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,583 mod
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Could it be where the welds are on the inside?
    Probably.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • bryanfrobryanfro Joined: Posts: 115
    UKK wrote: »
    lol I cancelled my order on amazon and caved in...dammit! That stick looks so good...

I did the same... I had two of the RAP 4 Kais preordered on Amazon. Cancelled both and used the cash for the VLX preorder. I love these sticks.

I just stumbled into a VLX Diamond for $100 at a local store. Needless to say, that absolutely made my day. Now I will have all three!

BTW, if you buy this stick from Arcadeshock then the bag's 20% off. It's listed on the product page in the accessories section right above the pre-order bonus section.

I didn't see it when I preordered... and I checked the rest of the site. I'll have to email them about it because $20 is a good incentive for that bag. I've been using the Qanba Defender. It gets the job done for now, but it feels like it'll far apart in the near future.

XBL: yodelayheehee
    PSN: buraemon
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,574
    d3v wrote: »
    asiangrafx wrote: »
    now we need a red one with brushed aluminum for xbox one. make it happen arcade shock.
    http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/15/85/ME0001158591_2.jpg
    Nobody plays fighting games on XBox One.

/kappa
    Agreed, so far on the xbone there only Killer Instinct (2013) and maybe Mortal Kombat X (not yet released)
    On the PlayStation 4, there Injustice: Gods Among Us, Guity Gear Xrd Sign, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat X, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round up, Divekick, Skullgirls Encore, J-Stars Victory Vs+ , Zheros and there Narutard Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

I don't count EA Sport's UFC as a fighting game (the offical title even reads EA Sports UFC), its a half-baked sports title
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited March 2015
    I caved and bought this. Kept my preorder for the vx kai cause that will be my travel stick. Now to find room or a sturdy table to use with my setup. Also need to order parts. I wish Sanwa made RG's in black will most likely go with dark blue.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172
    edited March 2015
    Agreed, so far on the xbone there only Killer Instinct (2013) and maybe Mortal Kombat X (not yet released)
    On the PlayStation 4, there Injustice: Gods Among Us, Guity Gear Xrd Sign, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat X, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round up, Divekick, Skullgirls Encore, J-Stars Victory Vs+ , Zheros and there Narutard Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

I don't count EA Sport's UFC as a fighting game (the offical title even reads EA Sports UFC), its a half-baked sports title

p4au is on or coming to ps4? is it Japan only right now?
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,293
    d3v wrote: »
    asiangrafx wrote: »
    http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/15/85/ME0001158591_2.jpg
    Nobody plays fighting games on XBox One.

/kappa

I don't count EA Sport's UFC as a fighting game (the official title even reads EA Sports UFC), its a half-baked sports title

And USF4 coming this month (supposedly).
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    edited March 2015
    skaloola wrote: »

p4au is on or coming to ps4? is it Japan only right now?
    I could be wrong about that, while searching for PS4 titles, p4au did came up. But this could be a incorrect entry.
    From further searches it appears that p4au is exclusive to last gen systems. My bad.

Then again PS4 has released more fighters than Xbone has even rumored.
    Right now even the Wii U has more fighters than the Xbone. Super Smash Bros, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Injustice: Gods Among Us (this does not include any retro fighting games from the virtual console)

Source on Wii U fighters
    http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-wii-u/fighting?nav=131b0-69
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    Didn't hear about P4AU but Blazblue CP Extend is coming to PS4(Xbone also)
  • benjiedudebenjiedude Joined: Posts: 699
    Damnit...I really didn't need this to happen. The look, the dual compatibility with PS4 and PS3, the need for PS4 sticks...I went ahead and preordered 2 from Hori USA yesterday. Damn Hori, damn.
    Gonna put a post up soon for my excellent condition SDCC PS3 TE and excellent condition OG PS3 TE to offset this fortune I'm spending. Gimme some time...in bed with the shingles. Maybe I bought 2 VLX's as a result of the pain meds.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,366
    I feel compelled to Photoshop vlx art and controls onto a full sized folding table.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    edited March 2015
    Tensho wrote: »
    Fuck not the Xbone. Seriously I want that console to go to hell and die (or at least as far as the FGC is concern, the FPS crowd can keep it for all I care)

But that good news the PS4 is getting Blazblue CP Extend.

Yeah historically the Xbox consoles aren't FGC friendly (or even tournament) despite some fucktards in the west insisting of doing tourneys on the 360.
    And the rumors of DOA 5 on the Xbox One does not work with any current Xbone sticks.

Okay yeah Xbone getting Titty Physics engine 5 I mean DOA 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse (blarg Its DBZ the best evr derp) and Narutard Shitpuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
    The Fighter Within looks like some UFC game that uses the kinect. You think that sounds awesome, but it's a Kinect game made by Ubisoft.
  • chrischunchrischun Joined: Posts: 106
    Fuck not the Xbone. Seriously I want that console to go to hell and die (or at least as far as the FGC is concern, the FPS crowd can keep it for all I care)

But that good news the PS4 is getting Blazblue CP Extend.

Yeah historically the Xbox consoles aren't FGC friendly (or even tournament) despite some fucktards in the west insisting of doing tourneys on the 360.
    And the rumors of DOA 5 on the Xbox One does not work with any current Xbone sticks.

Okay yeah Xbone getting Titty Physics engine 5 I mean DOA 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse (blarg Its DBZ the best evr derp) and Narutard Shitpuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
    The Fighter Within looks like some UFC game that uses the kinect. You think that sounds awesome, but it's a Kinect game made by Ubisoft.

Cmon man, no need to be so hateful.
  • kubebotkubebot Large Member Joined: Posts: 1,269
    edited March 2015
    Ok so I bought one.....probably going to sell my Red VLX I got last year to offset cost.
    The black is too sexy and having PS3/4 functionality is way worth it.

I can't fucking wait to slap pink buttons on it! :o
    The Draconian policies that MS announced at the Xbox One revile and 2013 E3 still left a bad taste in my mouth.
    And I was before than not a fan of the Xbox 360 (with the RROD and all).

Despite the marketing and sales success Xbox made, they yet to really make a financial success, MS deep pockets is what keeping it aloat.
    MS do not even need the Xbox at all, they make more monthly from MS Office alone, or I could say Windows, Silver Light, even Internet Explorer (yes even IE which is given away for free) makes MS more money in a month than Xbox no the whole gaming and entertainment division of MS makes in a year.

MS don't care about gamers, just how fast we can empty our wallets into theirs.
    That why I am so hateful.

At least Sony and Nintendo is willing to meet us half way.
    Not sure what's up with that VLX Diamond panel but hope that's not a common problem?
    http://i.imgur.com/jwvA74T.jpg
    Not sure what's up with that VLX Diamond panel but hope that's not a common problem?

that texture is probably from the reflection of an asbestos ceiling. its as shiny as glass

Its the texture from the ceiling, the mirror like finish on the VLX diamond is reflecting how the ceiling looks
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989

You forgot to mention that Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic for XBone. Don't want the few long suffering XBone early adopters out there to think there's only one fighting game on the system o:)
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • donsanitydonsanity Joined: Posts: 34
    Caved in and preordered at Arcade Shock. Had to cancel my preorder for the HRAP Kai at Amazon so I could afford it. Hopefully my next paycheck I can still order the HRAP Kai, which I doubt. I already have the other two so might as well get this one.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    You know, thousands of young men and one woman go to sleep every night thirsty, but more importantly they go to sleep hungry.

Hungry for a better life, hungry for an easier set of options, hungry for better controls......

These young men and maybe one woman are hungry.....for arcade sticks.

Thats why I come to you all here in this thread today to tell you about a special fund that hopefully you can make a respectable contribution towards.....

ChristianSticksFund.kp

You see for 10 cents a day you can fund a young man and maybe the occasional girl in their quest to get a great arcade stick so the dear good lord can bestow upon them the abilities to do plinks into ultra 2's all day long.

Take a young man right here who has to use a ps1 controller with a 2 frame lag adapter for ps3 just to play the inferior ports of all Capcom fighting games and those sinful atrocities known as the anime's. YOU can make a difference in his life.

So brothers and sister I implore upon you to go to ChristianSticksFund.kp today and sign up to give 10 cents a day that will in no way be split in costs of hosting the website and then go towards our founders in their hunger for a VLX. We guarantee we will not buy up factory liquidations of Mayflash v1s, Hori VXs or MC SF4 standard edition sticks with you contributions.

Amen
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    Anyone know if someone makes replacement metal panels for the vlx, love the look of the stick but im not too fond of the layout. Also Arcadeshock needs to hurry up and ship them!!!
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
  • ChikalinChikalin Joined: Posts: 88
    Pe4CeFu1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if someone makes replacement metal panels for the vlx, love the look of the stick but im not too fond of the layout. Also Arcadeshock needs to hurry up and ship them!!!
    AMP Up was, but he seems to have more or less shut down operation. I talked to Jasen Hicks about it before, but I think he passed on it since AMP took it up. I believe Jasen is still busy with life, so right now... I believe the answer is "no."
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 402
    1)The panel seems glossy and subject to fingerprints , no?

2)Can you play with on the knees?I never see pleople with VLXin tournament...

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,551
    I wish there was an easy/affordable way to put in an Optical Hayabusa in this baby. Looked around the forum and saw the thread where a person cut through the PCB and casing of the Spark to put it in a Hayabusa. I'm too inexperienced for that. I could try to buy a V4 Midnight blue and take the Optical Hayabusa from there but buying a V4MB right now will cost more than preordering the Kuro VLX. Then I'd just have a V4MB case that I wouldn't care that much for, which I'd most probably stick in the stock Hayabusa from the VLX. I guess PS4 sticks are in demand and I could resell the V4MB but disclaimer that it wouldn't have the silent. It would be nice if Hori could directly sell Silent Hayabusa levers, even if just a limited production line of it.

If only, if only
    edited March 2015
    You forgot to mention that Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic for XBone. Don't want the few long suffering XBone early adopters out there to think there's only one fighting game on the system o:)
    Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic, man get the SNES and N64 games. I didn't count the SNES Super Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting for the Wii U VC so Xbone don't get the SNES KI.
    There still only one fighting game on the Xbone, Killer Instinct (2013).
    Laban wrote: »
    I wish there was an easy/affordable way to put in an Optical Hayabusa in this baby. Looked around the forum and saw the thread where a person cut through the PCB and casing of the Spark to put it in a Hayabusa. I'm too inexperienced for that. I could try to buy a V4 Midnight blue and take the Optical Hayabusa from there but buying a V4MB right now will cost more than preordering the Kuro VLX. Then I'd just have a V4MB case that I wouldn't care that much for, which I'd most probably stick in the stock Hayabusa from the VLX. I guess PS4 sticks are in demand and I could resell the V4MB but disclaimer that it wouldn't have the silent. It would be nice if Hori could directly sell Silent Hayabusa levers, even if just a limited production line of it.

If only, if only

You can always put the JLF with Flash 1 or sparky in place of the Optical Hayabusa.

I am planing to take the Hayabusa and Kuro buttons out and put in a Seimitsu LS-40, some Seimitsu PS-14-KN Smoke, a Seimitsu PS-14-DN-K Smoke for the start button.
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 660
    I am planing to take the Hayabusa and Kuro buttons out and put in a Seimitsu LS-40, some Seimitsu PS-14-KN Smoke, a Seimitsu PS-14-DN-K Smoke for the start button.

I had an LS-56, OBSFs, and two button caps ready for the HRAPV Kai I had on order. Since I've cancelled that in favour of this, they'll be going in the VLX instead.

Now I just need to figure out how to get one of those bags...
    USFIV - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • king of heartking of heart Joined: Posts: 10
    Same problem for me here.

It's seems that the Japanese hori store hasn't updated their site for a while

http://www.hori.jp/
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,364
    The Xbone is receiving very little support from Japan right now. It isn't like how it was with 360 and for obvious reasons, the sales are laughable.

I don't think is a good idea to invest on this system as it is right now like buying expensive sticks and peripherals, expensive mods unless you really love KI.

• JayduckyJayducky Stupid Questions---> Joined: Posts: 735
    I currently own 2 VLX diamonds and while the VLX Kuro is tempting, I think I 'll pass. Hoping there is a ps360+ solution for PS4 soon. Also, I hope that the touchpad isn't needed for any games as the VLX diamond does not have that.
    Step 1: Put a hole in the box.
  • RynoWRynoW Joined: Posts: 36
    I pre-ordered two. (One to play on. One to collect value.) I'm pretty troubled though about this though. How bad is the paint-wearing issue? How many people experienced it? I'm not really a tournament player, so I don't put in hours every day, but I'd absolutely hate it if the paint started chipping down the line. I guess I could disassemble it and have it powder-coated, but who really wants to go through that trouble?
    Wonder how hard it would be to remove the coating and make it like the Diamond version, brushed steel. B)
    But yeah I'm wondering too, were the ones with the paint getting soft and coming off a lemon or from people that actually played on it a lot and sweat and all actually removing it?
    RynoW wrote: »
    I pre-ordered two. (One to play on. One to collect value.) I'm pretty troubled though about this though. How bad is the paint-wearing issue? How many people experienced it? I'm not really a tournament player, so I don't put in hours every day, but I'd absolutely hate it if the paint started chipping down the line. I guess I could disassemble it and have it powder-coated, but who really wants to go through that trouble?
    I never heard the two previous VLX sticks having issues.
    Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic, man get the SNES and N64 games. I didn't count the SNES Super Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting for the Wii U VC so Xbone don't get the SNES KI.

Does talking yourself out of selling your XBone on a daily basis count as a fighting game on XBone???
    Well I don't own a Xbox One nor will I plan on ever getting one.
    There just no reason for me to do so.

Only reason I even got the Xbox 360 as there too many Japanese shmups that are exclusive on the 360 (without buying the arcade board or a $200 Japanese Saturn game).
    zaneiken wrote: »
    no need to keep posting your fanboy-tinged bile
    If you like a company that locks everything down and have dodgy hardware by all means.
    Don't like what I have to say fine, this is how I feel. This isn't fanboy bile, this is someone who got burned by anti-consumer practices way too often.
    I vote with my wallet and I am vocal with my opinions (it was folks like me who got MS to change their polices for now), don't like that fine. Its not like I got a gun to your head telling you want to like and not like.

Any ways, so I am debating on dual-modding this stick (with most likely a Toodles MC Cthulhu), any suggestions for a the Neutrik adapter?
    I was thinking the cable compartment would be a good spot.

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,551
    Laban wrote: »

If only, if only

You can always put the JLF with Flash 1 or sparky in place of the Optical Hayabusa.

Thinking about it and reading the Hayabusa thread, I could just take the pivot cylinder, shaft, actuator, and etc. from the Hayabusa and put it in a JLF-TP-8YT assembly, correct? (Just want to reaffirm to make sure.) So I can still have the good parts of the Hayabusa but put in a Spark/GamerFinger/Flash 1 in there. Then I could put in the blue, square restrictor gate from my silent JLF assembly. I think this may be the cheapest alternative for now.

• Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,278
    edited March 2015
    I've seen a couple og VLX's on here & on eBay that has the black paint peeling issue. I had two different og VLX's for a decent amount of time but both never had issues. I think it has to do with sweaty hands combined with using it a lot since it's always in the same spot from all the different pics I've seen.
    Current fav's the Hori RAP4 VLX! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    RynoW wrote: »
    I pre-ordered two. (One to play on. One to collect value.) I'm pretty troubled though about this though.

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't go around gloating that you bought one just to flip it for profit later on down the road. I'm not mad at you, truth be told, but there are better ways to make 200 dollars.

I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
  • delti90delti90 Joined: Posts: 38
    Any ways, so I am debating on dual-modding this stick (with most likely a Toodles MC Cthulhu), any suggestions for a the Neutrik adapter?
    I was thinking the cable compartment would be a good spot.

I'm planning on putting a Ps360+ and maybe an xbone pad in mine. I'm going to be putting the neutrik in the cable compartment since then it stays hidden. I'd prefer the stick to not look all hacked apart :P

Looking at the VLX I'm not really sure where else you could put it.
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    I was going to mod this stick but then thought about it some and came to the conclusion that I don't need to do that. It will be my stay at home stick and if I want to play on 360, xbone, or older consoles, I have dedicated sticks for that. Only thing I am swapping out are the stick and buttons.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
    I've seen a couple og VLX's on here & on eBay that has the black paint peeling issue. I had two different og VLX's for a decent amount of time but both never had issues. I think it has to do with sweaty hands combined with using it a lot since it's always in the same spot from all the different pics I've seen.

Well hope they applied the paint better this time around, but for some reason I doubt it
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,290
    I'm glad they made it all black so I don't have to buy one. I know srk will love it though.
  • donsanitydonsanity Joined: Posts: 34
    Chad wrote: »
    I'm glad they made it all black so I don't have to buy one. I know srk will love it though.

That's why I ordered one, I've always wanted a black VLX. Not to say I don't like my Diamond Blue one. Now I'll have VLXs in my two favorite colors blue and black.
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 404
    edited March 2015
    Preordered mine this afternoon. I'm already in the process of preparing to sell most of my sticks, and I'll be perfectly happy using this regularly at home. I give it 50/50 odds we see a VLX Diamond for PS4 at some point down the road too. I wasn't really aware of the deeper end of the collector's pool when the other two VLX models came out a few years ago, and have been wanting one ever since.

Edit: A lot of talk in this thread about mods. Honestly, I still think the TE2 is the most viable route if you want a multi-console road warrior. The VLX is clearly intended as a collector's piece to be treated with care and modified as non-destructively as possible.
    SFV - RIP Ryu, so fuck you all I main Mika now
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Looking forward to finding out!
  • benjiedudebenjiedude Joined: Posts: 699
    I know most everyone is ordering from Arcadeshock but maybe those of you who ordered from Hori USA that are familiar with them can answer this. Why do they not charge tax? I got a confirmation e-mail showing the grand total for my order as $599.98. No tax or shipping. Not complaining but just was wondering if they're gonna hit me up later. I know Arcade Shock shows they charge tax.
    benjiedude wrote: »
    I know most everyone is ordering from Arcadeshock but maybe those of you who ordered from Hori USA that are familiar with them can answer this. Why do they not charge tax? I got a confirmation e-mail showing the grand total for my order as $599.98. No tax or shipping. Not complaining but just was wondering if they're gonna hit me up later. I know Arcade Shock shows they charge tax.

where are you located? i'm about to order as well and i'm located in california where as is located.
  • Reverend179Reverend179 Joined: Posts: 16
    Preorder placed. This is my first new stick ever. Can't wait.
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Must resist buying another VLX ........ Already own too many sticks..................UGH. I may just cave :(