The Hori PS4 VLX thread

Comments

• DrFateDrFate Joined: Posts: 21
    edited February 14
    I just mostly lurk. This is most you might get out of me, peace till the rap5 comes out.
    ..I lied, my bad bro @FreedomGundam
    Post edited by DrFate on
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 110
    Is the Shadaloo Transporter XL bag the only one available for the VLX currently? 120$ is really hard to swallow for a bag.
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    @Scotch there Qanba bag that cost around $60
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,359
    Scotch wrote: »
    Is the Shadaloo Transporter XL bag the only one available for the VLX currently? 120$ is really hard to swallow for a bag.

Yes, but protecting a $300, collectible Fight Stick shouldn't be cheaper out on. The Splitframe bags are super high quality with a lot of padding in them. The $60 Qanba (which is too small) has no padding.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,380
    Scotch wrote: »
    120$ is really hard to swallow for a bag.
    Fight Stick shouldn't be cheaper out on.
    The $60 Qanba (which is too small) has no padding.

I agree with Jasen. The VLX is a $300+ arcade stick, some of us put a hundred dollars or more in mods into our VLX sticks to customize it further.

I always say, and the new guys always scoff at this, you get what you paid for.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • albertinoalbertino Joined: Posts: 19
    I'm getting a new top sheet made to go with Jasen's 6 button VLX layout - probably going to print to vinyl and then bond it to plexiglass.

I have everything ready to go - just looking at suppliers for the print and plexi (here in the UK).

Can anyone advise on the thickness of the plexi? The original looks like 2mm but I'm not 100%. Obviously it'd be great to hear from someone who's done similar stuff with their VLX.

I'll post pics when she's done :)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,380
    There was no original plexy. Hori sticks do not ship with a stock plexy. The original art is just printed on to a sheet of soft plastic.
    As for bonding the vinyl plastic to a sheet of acrylic, Do not even try it.
    If you aren't careful the glue can act as a solvent and ruin the print.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Better off getting something like roll-on, spray matte or shiny laminated for the vinyl, or I'm sure places that print like auto shops can print on vinyl and apply a sheet of laminate too, not sure which is tougher though.
    When I print and cut for the VLX panels I do it in a couple stages:

1. Print on the vinyl.
    2. Let it dry for 24-48hrs.
    3. Laminate it with satin vinyl laminate by Oracal.
    4. Put it back in the machine to cut.

Sign shops should follow the same method. There is spray on film specifically designed for solvent based inks, but its definitely not as tough as an actual film.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • albertinoalbertino Joined: Posts: 19
    Thanks for the advice, I have found a place that can laser cut a thin piece of acrylic (plexi) to spec for a fair (cheap) price, and so I was thinking of bonding a print to this somehow. And yeah - probably using professional help as I really have no clue about what glue to use and how to do a decent job of it!

I make the stock plastic top to be 2mm so I was gonna aim to copy this. Similar to Jasen I found a supplier who could do everything necessary, but this was almost the price of the stick itself...(£200).

And sorry Jasen - you mentioned laminating a vinyl print before. I'll check out the spray/film options for laminating as it would afford a bit more room for error. Here I could laminate the bleed too as opposed to going down the plexi route which would require a cut around the edge (before the bleed).
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    ThrowYou wrote: »
    Moar Pron finally got a diamond.
    [/url]

I don't think i'll ever get tired of looking at the diamond. Welcome to the club!
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 64
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    ThrowYou wrote: »
    Moar Pron finally got a diamond.
    [/url]

I don't think i'll ever get tired of looking at the diamond. Welcome to the club!
    Glad to be here!

• DrFateDrFate Joined: Posts: 21
    So I just bought a another vewlix off a guy on Craigslist for 100 bucks!?!?!? He said SFV got him out of Fighters?!? His loss my gain. Pics coming soon! How many is too many? Lol
  • nguyenbui3nguyenbui3 Joined: Posts: 7
    i just got this bad boy! I need a custom artwork for it now!!
    20170408_092931.jpg
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 997
    edited April 10
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 550
    Check out my Hori Hitbox layout with Vinyl custom graphic. Also has a Brook UFB inside. Woot!

24gm261.jpg
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • ausomecrawlausomecrawl Joined: Posts: 92
    I got my hori vlx hayabusa a few days ago. Like others have reported I had problems with the buttons. 2 of my hayabusa "falcon" buttons was squeaking pretty bad. I read threads that said after some use and breaking them in the squeak will go away. I thought I should share my faster fix that worked for me. What I did was pop off the center and rotate it 180 degree and reinstalled it. Squeak is now completely gone for both buttons. Hope this helps others.
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 266
    Heads up to all Canadians who want a PS4 VLX. It's on sale now for around $300 on Amazon!
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 266
    edited April 26
    So i joined the club today.

2017-04-26%2018.29.31.jpg

I had to re-use my older Hayabusa Joystick I bought from @FreedomGundam years ago since that one doesn't have the wobble problem.
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • hyperheavywinghyperheavywing Joined: Posts: 25
    Is there any ways to get hitbox replacement plate just like what jasen's custom had it before?
    Is there any ways to get hitbox replacement plate just like what jasen's custom had it before?

Yeah, Ill sell them again this fall when I return from deployment.

• hyperheavywinghyperheavywing Joined: Posts: 25

Yeah, Ill sell them again this fall when I return from deployment.

Ok, I will wait for your return. thanks
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 31
    My diamond came in the mail today!
    ddW4Mxz.png
    Td2HzvO.png
    RmpdAqk.png
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,183
    Great condition too. Where'd ya get it? I'm still on the lookout for one of these (unmodded).
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 997
    anzhar wrote: »
    I think that was on sale on eBay UK last week

Ok oh thanks. Man, all I've seen on there lately are the last two releases--at laugh inducing prices.

I'd gobble up one each of the first two gens if possible. Those are the only ones I really like.
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 31
    Yup. I bought it from someone in the UK on eBay.
    Chumpy wrote: »
    Yup. I bought it from someone in the UK on eBay.

Was it this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172668630018
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I finally decided on a VLX for my new stick ... all of these pictures make me so jealous! I can't order for a couple months yet!
    @mizuzu. Awesome. Looks amazing. I was planning on doing the same. Did you strip off the paint or use a panel from a diamond.
    edited June 22
    mizuzu wrote: »
    Kuro diamond. Deal w/ it.

Best Lookin' VLX I've ever seen...

even IF your soul is eternally damned for blasphemy.
  • k701k701 Joined: Posts: 48
    @mizuzu. Awesome. Looks amazing. I was planning on doing the same. Did you strip off the paint or use a panel from a diamond.

Panel from a diamond.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 22

Kuro diamond. Deal w/ it.

Nice, can we see the Step sister that it created? Black VLX frame w/blue shell please :)
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • k701k701 Joined: Posts: 48

Nice, can we see the Step sister that it created? Black VLX frame w/blue shell please :)

@StrtFghtrMstr

jBlQAcd.jpg

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,372
    ok you can burn in hell now!
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Looks good!
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • RagingAvatarRagingAvatar Joined: Posts: 61
    Okay guys.

I have the red Hayabusa stick Vewlix, with Jasen's EZMOD/Brook UFB board (and a rather lovely Astro P2 panel) - but I want to put a HORI Optical Hayabusa in it.

Now, I know you guys will understand. I don't want to do anything permanently damaging to my Vewlix - I like it so it can be returned to stock whenever I like..
    How do I power the Optical Hayabusa?
    It came with a 6-pin stick cable but obviously the regular Hayabusa is 5..

I know I can cut cables and splice them together etc. but I'd like an idea that doesn't involve me damaging the original parts.