The Hori PS4 VLX thread

1515253545557»

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,392
    Minotaur64 wrote: »
    So I acquired an original PS3 vlx. It has some paint rubbed off where the previous owner rested his hand. What's the go to solution? Paint the whole thing? What kind of paint is best. Any info/input would be appreciated

As Asiangrafx pointed out Powder Coating is your best shot, stripping down and panting the whole thing over in a thick enamel would be a 2nd choice.
    But Power Coating your best shot, as it be durable as well as it being nice looking. What ever shop you take this too will do the striping and cleaning for you.

If you are not experienced and you did this yourself, you can make it look worst by painting it yourself.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • Minotaur64Minotaur64 Joined: Posts: 225
    So I acquired an original PS3 vlx. It has some paint rubbed off where the previous owner rested his hand. What's the go to solution? Paint the whole thing? What kind of paint is best. Any info/input would be appreciated

Did you buy that one off eBay about 1 or so ago?

Yuuuuup were u bidding on it?
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,378

Happen to mine too...Ended up just putting a vinyl wrap to it. I hate painting & it would have cost too much to get it powdered coated.
    Z2f5HsN.jpg

• ausomecrawlausomecrawl Joined: Posts: 92

Did you buy that one off eBay about 1 or so ago?

Yuuuuup were u bidding on it?

No I didn't but I was watching it. I saw it when it was first posted on eBay. When buy it now was at 125 plus 20 for shipping. I already have a og red vlx or I probably would have bought it to restore. The wear spot only looked to be under the button area. Nice find
    rcaido wrote: »

Happen to mine too...Ended up just putting a vinyl wrap to it. I hate painting & it would have cost too much to get it powdered coated.

Wow a kuko already having paint issues?
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,002
    It all depends on how much you play and the sweatiness of your hands
    edited October 13

https://i.imgur.com/Z2f5HsN.jpg

That is some really good on the job vinyl wrap. I might have to consider a Black Carbon wrap fiber on my VLX.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
    Vinyl looks awesome. But I'm assuming that it drastically changes the feel of the fightstick. One of the things I love about my vlxs is the feel of the metal on my palm.
    Vinyl looks awesome. But I'm assuming that it drastically changes the feel of the fightstick. One of the things I love about my vlxs is the feel of the metal on my palm.

It depends on the finish of the Vinyl. Powder coating will also change the feel.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,378
    edited October 14
    So I acquired an original PS3 vlx. It has some paint rubbed off where the previous owner rested his hand. What's he go to solution? Paint the whole thing? What kind of paint is best. Any info/input would be appreciated

Wow a kuko already having paint issues?

No the panel was from the original VLX the red one, i just did a switcharoo with my spare/beater stick. i then put the cheapass vinyl wrap to make it look different. Dont even notice the different feel to it.
    ZRikjPt.jpg